Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

To those that know how...

Comments

• EndlessSims3EndlessSims3 Posts: 1,077 Member
    edited September 2009
    sorry need an answer so bumping
  • Kitkat7145Kitkat7145 Posts: 1,018 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Mine is installed in "Program Files."
    edited September 2009
    Kitkat7145 wrote:
    Mine is installed in "Program Files."

Thanks, I realized it was already installed, lol...Now this tutorial sounds like the one for the sims 2 game! Almost! Now when I make a Sim and save it to a file? and minimise the game to desktop while game is still running? Then use the tool and look into my libraery? ETC.? :lol:
    edited September 2009
    :shock: need to bump this again so I can have an answer on about the exit game or do I use the windows flag on my keyboard so it is still running while using the tool to make the picture's? Thanks!
  • IshkibibalBaby18IshkibibalBaby18 Posts: 1,080 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Okay i figured it out with the help of ehaught58. Thanks for that and Thanks to Stw402 for letting everyone know how to make our pictures different. now hopefully i can just understand the rest of this setup haha.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited September 2009
    I cant figure out where to install it to, it wont let me install it to the place it wanted to and im kinda a dummy and dont know what else to put in the installation bar. Does anybody know the exact place to store it too?
  • MooMonkeyMooMonkey Posts: 1,066 New Member
    edited September 2009
    What are you talking about? Like where to put the program? I just clicked install if I remember right instead of trying to figure out where to put it if I downloaded it.
    edited September 2009
    It wont let me install it though, it wants the location as to where to put it but it wont accept the default name it has in there. I have the updated java program that i need but i cant figure out what to put in the installation path bar.
    edited September 2009
    It wants to go to Program Files\Postal but it says "this directory can not be written. Please choose another directory" How do i fix this? Does anybody know? Please?
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited September 2009
    I will try to help using pictures. Just follow what it says in the picture below to install the program.

PostalInstallation2.jpg

If you have a hard time reading the text in the picture above, go to this link for a larger picture:

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu197/EdHaught/PostalInstallation.jpg

I hope this helps,
    Ed
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • altea127altea127 Posts: 33 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I'm sorry for my English...
    I succeeded to change the screenshot of the households with your instructions, but I'm not able to change the sim's image. What am I to do?
    Thank you very much!!!
  • Freestyle42Freestyle42 Posts: 31 New Member
    edited October 2009
    STW How does this work? I have done evrything you said (well the basic stuff) and yet it still doesnt show? I dont know whats wrong?
  • xkattykatxxkattykatx Posts: 197 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Very helpful instructions! Thanks! :)
  • trina_lampetrina_lampe Posts: 22
    edited June 2010
    on mine there isnt a large icon house file only small and medium...what do i do? is it b/c i already posted it to the exchange?
  • trina_lampetrina_lampe Posts: 22
    edited June 2010
    i figured it out!
  • DarkLittleDevilDarkLittleDevil Posts: 3
    edited September 2010
    is it possible to do that when you upload sims to the exchange?
  • GoGoSunshineGoGoSunshine Posts: 338 Member
    edited November 2010
    I have windows 7 and I can not get postal to download for the life of me. I go through all the steps and it says I did it right but there is no postal program on my computer. Any help would be greately appreciated.
  • GoGoSunshineGoGoSunshine Posts: 338 Member
    edited November 2010
    Nevermind I fixed it....well I thought I did. I followed each step exactly as stated but when I upload the lot there's no change in photo. the photo in the lot package has changed but not the one you see in the exchange....I am past being annoyed, I've been trying this for 17 hrs with no breaks.
  • NyGirlNyGirl Posts: 962 Member
    edited November 2010
    I use Zinda's Upload Image Changer I find it to be the easiest program to use and it will change the picture of any package file, lot, sims, families, objects, with one click! here is the site if anyone wants to check it out, instructions on how to use it are right on that page as well.

http://zindasgoldensims.com/
  • Sims3Pony101Sims3Pony101 Posts: 2,163 New Member
    edited May 2011
    NyGirl- Thank-you so much! <3 :'D
  • JUNOLYNJUNOLYN Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Does anyone know how to change the default picture of an object or pattern (DDS image) in Postal App? The import button is greyed out. Plus, I don't know how to convert a PNG to DDS in photoshop for a MAC. Unfortunately, I can't use Zinda's Upload Image Changer because I'm using a Mac. Any help would greatly be appreciated. :)
  • Jaimer1224Plyr3Jaimer1224Plyr3 Posts: 4
    edited August 2011
    What do i do when i keep down loading it and it says it might have not downloaded right.... oh and can this be a virus :?:
  • looolzlooolz Posts: 5
    edited November 2011
    one day i tried to get something and it was in the downloads and it would not let me ut in on my game when i do it not there so today i tried and it would not put it in the downloads thing at all and i did not need anything to get it :cry: :evil: tell me what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i tried to get the java thing but it wont let me :( dont have a mac
  • MFAKMFAK Posts: 485 Member
    edited March 2012
    You're AWESOME!!! THanks for this
  • XTS2009XTS2009 Posts: 357 New Member
    edited April 2012
    I know this thread is old, and believe it or not, though I've never used the tute, I've had it bookmarked since 2009 lol But I have to say, very nice work on the tute and the help throughout the thread. Thanks for sharing! ^.^

EDIT: I meant to mention I'll be trying this one day ;) Need more of that thing people keep referring to as "time", whatever that is.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top