Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Enough with Full Set or NO! I want Separate items!

It's really unfair how you can't buy the items separately! I'm not interested in EA's lots, and a friend gifted me the expensive Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells so buying the whole Gothic Library set will be an epic waste of money! Besides, I only want some of the items.

They did it once with the Olympian Physics and they're doing it again!

Let's see how many of you out there are also mad of this :evil:

Comments

• anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited July 2011
    I don't like it at all.

I want my choice, so just as the olympic it is not going on my wish list.
    But unlike the olympic it might do some day, due to the exstra gameplay making the price more normal for the store as a set (still high but not as ridiculous as the olympic)

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • DeathNoteSimDeathNoteSim Posts: 4,544 New Member
    edited July 2011
    SIMSIOR wrote:
    I already said that I got it as a gift! lol

They made the most expensive item (500 simpoints! :evil: ) available separately, so...EA-ish! :lol:
  • SIMSIORSIMSIOR Posts: 6,384 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells is good , but I haven't any sim points , I must buy a card

WoW , You too ?!

from whom?!
    edited July 2011
    SIMSIOR wrote:
    Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells is good , but I haven't any sim points , I must buy a card
    BTW I love the Vampire Diaries too! Go Katharine Go! :wink:
    edited July 2011
    SIMSIOR wrote:

WoW , You too ?!

from whom?!
    The lovely simjett :)
    edited July 2011
    SIMSIOR wrote:
    BTW I love the Vampire Diaries too! Go Katharine Go! :wink:

I very like Kat too < 33

She's so sexy ;d
    SIMSIOR wrote:

WoW , You too ?!

from whom?!
    The lovely simjett :)

Can I please link profi's ?

Stop , I've got ! :mrgreen:
    edited July 2011
    SIMSIOR wrote:

:wink:
    edited July 2011
    SIMSIOR wrote:

:wink:

But You're so lucky !

I'm from Poland , and only one user has got present - spellbook :}

But I must have to ! :mrgreen:
  • SabrosaSabrosa Posts: 1,359 Member
    edited July 2011
    I was gifted the spell book also. I still want the library, but don't want to have to buy the spell book again. Wish they just had the library w/o spell book, priced a little cheaper, for those that have been gifted the spell book.
  • SmalpSmalp Posts: 2,905 New Member
    edited July 2011
    yea indeed its teally irritating that do such things but I doubt they will change any time soon ......
    edited July 2011
    Libery isn't very Interesting ...
  • PsychoMasterXPsychoMasterX Posts: 2,553 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I personally dislike separate items since it would look weird if the rest of the theme wasn't included
  • SoleilStarrSoleilStarr Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited July 2011
    Honestly and not trying to be a kiss up, but when I seen the spellbook I was like "This will be perfect with that rustic house". :lol:

I'm not getting the library! It's wayyyy over priced and you don't even get that much extra with it. It's about $8 dollars away from what a stuff pack would cost, and you'd get more with a stuff pack!
    edited July 2011
    Not to mention, as well, that I'd have to get $20.00 worth of sim points. It really bugs me they don't offer $5.00 worth. So in reality, its like being forced to pay what you would for a stuff pack. :evil:
  • gngrsnpgngrsnp Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited July 2011
    I miss individual items too. Hate when I buy or am gifted pieces of the set and then the set goes on sale for some great price and I own more than half of it so even the great deal cost more than the pieces I need. It would be fun it they had some mini set with 6 misc. items for 100 point(So every month everyone could aford to buy or gift a little something, each month. Say a mini Hipi decor, a cd, album, Dvd movie clutter set. Kinda what Dr. Pepper did with random cool single items not related to a large set but added clutter, pictures, dishes and other little things to the set. (with the additional decals/recolors unlocked and also including a no decal version so it can Truely be customizable.

Thanks for going back to including set for under 450 points each month. Not only is it a great price but the pieces in these sets are beautiful.

Oh, and we all miss the free stuff that use to come. It be nice if those came back, 2 to 3 themed decor items or pictures with their unlocked stencils . So I don't have to download a code to unlock them.

By the way, the sport bed set has some awesome recolors that are in the game but not made available with out and unlocking code.

Thanks
  • Jurik1124Jurik1124 Posts: 4,627 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I was considering getting the set, but it was WAY overpriced and it would be a long time before I could even get it. Someone gifted me the spell book, so I don't see a need anymore for the set. I like a couple of items, but I like to pick and choose what I get based on what I will use. I wish we had more purchasing options to be able to get every item individually.
  • StarlitDownStarlitDown Posts: 17 Member
    edited July 2011
    How much does it cost to gift? I was trying to gift the spellbook to a friend, I have over 50 points, and it told me I didn't have enough. But it won't tell me how much I need and I'm not about to just go buy more points until I get it right. @_@
  • AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited July 2011
    How much does it cost to gift? I was trying to gift the spellbook to a friend, I have over 50 points, and it told me I didn't have enough. But it won't tell me how much I need and I'm not about to just go buy more points until I get it right. @_@

It costs the same price as the item... The book is 500 simpoints so you need 500 to gift to your friend.
    edited July 2011

It's 500 sim points. :(
    edited July 2011
    I think if the library was sold separately... I might think of it being overpriced, considering if the set was 1,200 and the book by itself being 500, I could see the lot being 1,000.... and that would not be worth my money x.x
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited July 2011
    The items I want the most is the windows, the chess table and the bookcase. I like the light and the colums to. But I want to pick just 1 or 2 things at a time. I don't say that they schouldn't sell it as a set, please do, but please allso sell the items individually.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • fluttereyesfluttereyes Posts: 2,337 Member
    edited July 2011
    EA will continue to make overpriced store sets for as long as people are stupid enough to buy them. Oh that's right, we all said that when Sims 3 store first opened, but people continue to buy the stuff.

Putting things on your wish list is how EA knows how many people want it, so therefore while loads of people have something on their wish list, it won't go into the Daily Deal.

It's like any other business, if you don't buy their product, they will lower the price.

I bought the Olympian Physique as a daily deal and even at the lower price I was extremely disappointed with it. If people are willing to buy these things then stuff packs will eventually be phased out. Can't you people see what's happening here? Stand up for yourselves, don't pay the prices.
    edited July 2011
    The only reason it's probably overpriced is the fact it includes mostly the premium content (book o' spells) and also it is a "lot" set.

Considering the fact if you just got the items, the set would probably not be over 500 simpoints.

I just want EA to at least just make a library set "without" the spellbook and hopefully can be on sale and be worth on money. Even if the set with the spellbook goes on sale, it would still be a waste for those who have the spellbook.
  • ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited July 2011
    They did it once with the Olympian Physics and they're doing it again!

Let's see how many of you out there are also mad of this :evil:
    I agree completely with how you feel about this as I have stated numerous times... BUT.... they did this same thing with Barnacle Bay and we bought this set and then they tried it with Olympian Physique, as you mentioned, and we eventually bought this set and then (the hot tub in) Futureshock Living which many are buying and (again the hot tub in) Tiki Outdoor Party which we are also still buying.

Clearly, as long as we keep buying these things the Sims 3 Store will continue to keep doing business as usual. Our purchasing habits are louder than our complaints. :(