Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reviving dead plants.

When my plants die (become barren or whatever) my sim can't revive them. She's a green thumb sim with level 10 skill gardening, the green thumb personality trait and the super green thumb lifetime reward. I'd like to know how to revive plants before my death flower, which is mature, produces a flower.

Cheers.

Comments

• Silver16Silver16 Posts: 2,014 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I've wondered this myself. I was sure the personality trait was needed for it, but if you say it does nothing, then it does nothing. What I have noticed however, is that no doubt due to broken story progression, plants will some times be alive again if you switch households for a few days. And no, it's not just been replaced with new plant, as I've seen it happen with Death Flower...
  • Akila906Akila906 Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited June 2009
    When my plants die (become barren or whatever) my sim can't revive them. She's a green thumb sim with level 10 skill gardening, the green thumb personality trait and the super green thumb lifetime reward. I'd like to know how to revive plants before my death flower, which is mature, produces a flower.

Cheers.

As far as I know, you can't. The death flower only produces ONE "bloom" and then it's dead....period. If you want more than one, you'll have to find more seeds and plant them but you will still only get ONE "bloom" from each plant regardless. I think that's stupid, but I guess that's why it's "special" :roll:
    michael-jackson-17.gif
  • saricaelinorsaricaelinor Posts: 422 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The green thumb trait definitely says that it allows you to revive plants from the 'worst of conditions.' I'm sure I read here that people have managed to revive plants...
  • shay480shay480 Posts: 880 Member
    edited June 2009
    It worked for me the first few times I tried it (with different plants), but it isn't working for me now. I've had to throw away the last two death flower plants and watch my simmies cry about it. There's even an action where you can prompt them to "whine about the dead plant".

I've also tried reviving the ones I've left behind when I've moved the family, and that hasn't worked for me even once.

Edit: I meant with different death flower plants, not different types of plants.

"I'm hungry! Bring me a neighbor!"
    b9b8f6e8.jpg
  • femfactoryfemfactory Posts: 111 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My sim is only able to revive the deathflower.She can do it a couple of times before the plant dies forever.I haven't seen the option apear on other sorts of plants that died.

edit to add:She has level 10 in gardening.