Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I remove stuck items from my Sims' inventory from the latest update or Generations?

I have a save game that only works when I have the latest update or Generations. I plan on getting Generations and is aware of stuck items in the inventory. I tried using testingcheatsenabled and it did not work. Is there a Mod that can fix this problem? I will need the way to isntall Mods as well.
Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer

Comments

• Cbn036Cbn036 Posts: 192 Member
    edited June 2011
    I just noticed this happening with one of my families. There's a sim that's showing an old newspaper that I can't delete (drag to sell or anything). Then she got a wedding gift that's still in the gift box and it won't let her open it or let me drag it to delete it or anything. There's no interactions available for either of these items. These are in her personal inventory not the family. I've tried the testing cheats and the moveobjects cheat as well as the resetsims.

Is there a cheat or something I can do to remove these items from her inventory?

I'm using Windows XP, have all of the EPs and SPs including Generations.
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited June 2011
    The cheat does not work as I tried. I am not sure if moving or getting arrested will fix the problem since being arrested causes all items in the inventory to be taken away. I will get The Sims 3 Generations soon so I will try to find a way.
  • sweetlittlecherrysweetlittlecherry Posts: 477 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Hello, I'm having this problem too, since Generations/latest patch. The only way I've found to get the items unstuck so far is to take the sim travelling but then I have other bugs with WA now like my family inventory stuff disappears sometimes so it's not an ideal solution. :?
  • Cbn036Cbn036 Posts: 192 Member
    edited June 2011
    I found another post where someone suggested kicking the sim out of the house (or evicting from edit town view). This worked for me. I evicted the couple and then moved them back into the house. Luckily they kept all the furniture in the house but the Sim withe the newspaper , I was finally able to delete it.

Again, not an ideal solution but you can try this too until or should I say IF they fix this.
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited July 2011
    Cbn036 wrote:
    I found another post where someone suggested kicking the sim out of the house (or evicting from edit town view). This worked for me. I evicted the couple and then moved them back into the house. Luckily they kept all the furniture in the house but the Sim withe the newspaper , I was finally able to delete it.

Again, not an ideal solution but you can try this too until or should I say IF they fix this.
    I removed my Sims from my house and items were no longer stuck. Thanks
  • uidabbey1uidabbey1 Posts: 273 Member
    edited July 2011
    I'm going to try that too! I found I could sell my priceless stones and things in china or wherever but couldn't get other things (like newspaper) out. So here goes! Thanks for the tip. :D
  • killerpoetkillerpoet Posts: 238 Member
    edited November 2012
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited November 2012
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,919 Member
    edited November 2012
    When my sim completed his lifetime wish he got about 6 omni plants gift 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and a few bills. He does do a bit of gardening but was below level 5 and he lives in a household with the no bills ever reward. I can't get rid of this junk from his inventory. I have all EP and SP up to Seasons. It is annoying and makes me nervous about the possibility of yet another game crashing and becoming unplayable due to bugs. I am still persevering with this household but I am not relaxed about it. As solution would be greatly appreciated.
    edited November 2012
  • DrguyksDrguyks Posts: 164 Member
    edited December 2012
    Karritz wrote:
    When my sim completed his lifetime wish he got about 6 omni plants gift 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and a few bills. He does do a bit of gardening but was below level 5 and he lives in a household with the no bills ever reward. I can't get rid of this junk from his inventory. I have all EP and SP up to Seasons. It is annoying and makes me nervous about the possibility of yet another game crashing and becoming unplayable due to bugs. I am still persevering with this household but I am not relaxed about it. As solution would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a work around, (only before you put the items in the inventory):
    1. Create a dummie sim
    2. Have sim get mail
    3. remove all removable items from his/her inventory
    4. Evict said sim into library
    5. delete sim

I am testing this as we speak. I'll post updates on bugs (if any).
  • alienationalienation Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    I have old mail that I need to get out of my inventory any one know how
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    I had a Sim dragging 15 bills around for a full real life year. I finally resolved it without moving the family or anything like that with NRaas Master Controller. I had these items in his personal inventory, and had no use for them. I clicked on him, selected NRaas: Master Controller: Basic: Sell Item. It opened a list of his inventory. I selected a bill. It then asked how many I wanted to sell. I left the total 15 and clicked the arrow to select.

Be careful, there is no confirmation. Once you hit the arrow, it is done.

But, seriously, it took me a year to stumble upon the solution. At least it's done. I've also deleted the purple dragon I didn't want (I was going for green) because it wouldn't let me sell it either. I felt creepy just leaving him in my inventory and ignoring him.

For stuff you want to keep, I'm wondering if the option of Transfer To: Personal Inventory would work. I don't have anything stuck to try it with, but figure it's worth mentioning. Good luck
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    edited December 2017
    Hi, I've moved some of the comments on necroposting to THIS THREAD to prevent derailing the discussion :) Please keep comments on Necroing to that linked thread. Thanks folks.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

• TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I had some space rocks get stuck in my sim's inventory once and had to MC reset everything in the town with a hard reset and was able to sell the space rocks after that and move produce out to a storage box from ATS3.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg