Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Three is a crowd for romance..." pop up...What does it mean?

I've had some opportunity or something pop up a few times in my game saying something about three is a crowd for romance and i about a Group. I always press the X cause i have no idea what it does.

Can anyone answer this for me?

Comments

• EvokeEvoke Posts: 416 Member
    edited June 2011
    I've no idea but I get it all the time too, driving me bonkers.
    S9d2la2.png
    Youtube || Website
    Tutorials, tips, tricks, lets plays for Sims 4
  • PUFFaLUMP89PUFFaLUMP89 Posts: 33 New Member
    edited June 2011
    anyone?
  • DanibleeDaniblee Posts: 2,429 New Member
    edited June 2011
    When youre in a group and two sims are getting romantic, the other sims will feel uncomfortable and want to leave. "Three is a crowd for romance" means that the other sims are uncomfortable in the group.
    edited June 2011
    My sims are never in a group when this comes up. All mine were in bed sleeping this most recent one. It's always just when the family is at home.

Thank you!
    Glitch i guess?
  • yoashmoyoashmo Posts: 528 Member
    edited June 2011
    its a glitch, bc it happens to me too. now that you mention it it does always seem to happen when my sims are all asleep. ive tried Xing it out but it just pops back up, so i have to OK it to break up the group. thank you for making this thread bc i have an SP mod and just assumed it was another household i was keeping tabs on.
    edited June 2011
    I don't have any mods, so its a basic game glitch. I'm glad im not the only one this happens to haha
  • yoashmoyoashmo Posts: 528 Member
    edited June 2011
    yeh, im happy you made this thread bc now i know its just the game, instead of my mod. but that also means its EA's bug to fix, which makes me sad. bc as i said its EA's bug to fix. EA's bug to fix. haha its almost an oxymoron.
    but thank you for helping me figure it out
  • ladynaavaladynaava Posts: 1,243 New Member
    edited June 2011
    This message only pops up with me- when I have multiple sims in a group on an outing and two get romantic. To me it is sort of lame. I can keep them all adequately occupied.
  • sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited June 2011
    i believe it has to do with others around town. not absolutely sure about this. When i get that pop up my sims are either sleeping or doing something around the house, so i know its not them. and of course it could be some sort of glitch.
  • StumbleduckStumbleduck Posts: 751 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I had this pop up once when my male sim was at WORK I had no idea what it meant so I x'ed it out.
  • CuddlyBunCuddlyBun Posts: 6,514 New Member
    edited June 2011
    NPC sims can create their own groups, so when they make a 3 person group and 2 of them become romantically involved with each other, you get that popup. It's really creepy when you get it when your sim is sleeping.
  • cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited June 2011
    I get this too but always when it's just two sims that are already involved.
    I just X it out 'cus I don't get it either.
  • GrilledCheeseGrilledCheese Posts: 1,089 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I get this when my sims are just at home with no guests or anything, and I don't use cc..

I expect it's just a glitch:]
  • ObsessesedSimmer99ObsessesedSimmer99 Posts: 10
    edited July 2011
    I have only got this pop-up once or twice but when I do get it, it is normally when my sim has been socializing with their toddler, which is strange... :?: :?
  • LoveTaylorSwiftLoveTaylorSwift Posts: 2
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I got this too today. My sims (husband and wife) were having a birthday party for their triplets and it came up. For a second, I thought it meant for me to put one up for adoption and I was like "NOOOOOOOOO"!
  • MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    edited December 2011
    I don't know, just another glitch I guess. It's never happened to me while they were sleeping or something. Although sometimes it does happen when, say, the parents take the kids to the park, and the parents aren't even flirting with each other but for some reason the game thinks they are and asks to break up the group and make it a date between the two. -.-
    44444.gif
  • MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I got this too today. My sims (husband and wife) were having a birthday party for their triplets and it came up. For a second, I thought it meant for me to put one up for adoption and I was like "NOOOOOOOOO"!
    Omg! That's really sad/funny! :O
    44444.gif
  • SikeaFeySikeaFey Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    This kept happening over and over and there were only two sims on the property or in the house and they were already romantic. Then I discovered vampire gnomes popping up because of the plasma fruit in the garden, the message always pops up when there is a vampire gnome or other kind of gnome present.
  • Plazy_OctopugsPlazy_Octopugs Posts: 5 New Member
    Oh I'm so glad this thread exists.

When this popped up a few things popped up in my mind. 1. I was focused on a male sim writing a horror story and I thought maybe there was a love triangle and one was going to kill another or....something?? 2. This male Sim lives in a house with two teenagers who are dating so I thought maybe it had to do with that, but they aren't in a group. 3. I have Story Progression and my male sim had already woohooed with this one sim who he was good friends with, but for some reason it didn't count them as romantically involved yet. So SP was like welp this Sim isn't paired with anyone let's have them get romantically involved with someone else. Well I couldn't have that. So I had my Sim and the good friend Sim get together like I wanted. I don't know what happened with the Sim that SP chose, like are they still romantically involved or heartbroken? So I thought maybe the pop up was referring to that at the time. What a weird glitch
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    There's a few game glitches like this that display such messages when they really pertain to other random sims around town. In addition to the one this thread was about, I keep getting "The Experiment was a success (or failure)," "Operation Failed because one of the sims is a teenager," I think I even saw "No one came to your party!" once (what party? where? huh?) and other goofy stuff that couldn't possibly pertain to any of the sims I am playing. The group/romance one is a little different because it involves an intervention by way of choosing one of the options to dismiss, so it does feel like it appears more than some of the others. I usually just answer randomly, unless it's clear that it really is pertaining to my active sims. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    It's an innocent glitch by the way, it has no effect on your game.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Danged_HuskyDanged_Husky Posts: 39 Member
    I've gotten it several times too, it has confused me greatly x)
  • oneslikemeoneslikeme Posts: 2 New Member
    I've been playing this game since it came out and I've never gotten this before until today! My sim went to college and starting making lots of friends. Suddenly, I just started getting this message. Later, my sim was flirting with a sim that had a girlfriend, so I wondered if it had anything to do with breaking up a couple? I don't recall her flirting when it first came up, but I guess she may have been.

I'm glad to know this is a base game glitch though. I was afraid it was one of my NRAAS mods, like Story Progression. Thanks!