Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Open For Business"-type Expansion Petition

brainybeebrainybee Posts: 1,123 Member
The one thing I miss the absolute most from Sims 2 is the ability to have Sims custom-make a business (and vending machines). The possibilities for game play were endless - and there were endless things for Sims to do. I had diners, theme restaurants, a bridal shop, clothing stores, video game stores, bookstores, furniture stores, home improvement stores, car dealerships, shopping malls, working cinemas, bowling alleys, hotels, bed and breakfasts with wedding venues, pet stores, and my witch even had a magikal item shop! Because sims could sing into a microphone, play instruments, and dance I even had a theater where a bunch of sims could come watch performances. I know a *FEW* of these things might be possible in Sims 3 with some CC mods out there, but come on, why should I have to try for a CC mod which kind of works by altering my game when this is such a basic element of everyday life it should be addressed by EA! Community lots in the Sims 3 just mock me now! You can go to the park or disappear into a rabbit hole. Sure you can go to a bar and dance in Late Night, but is that what I want to do with my family? Or at 2pm on Sunday afternoon? Really, what good is it even going out of my simmies' house? Don't get me started on the "parties" the NPC's throw in Late Night... If you feel that an Open for Business-type expansion would at least double or triple the amount of gameplay options for your sims, please sign below in a post :)

Comments

• Options
    SimJynxSimJynx Posts: 289 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Wow, I just posted the same about the same time you did! I support you whole heartedly, I loved OFB also, I use to have a Cake Shop, Flower shop and Dance and Entertainment Centre for my sims. It made the game much more interesting and with a whole lot more goal oriented challenges to venture into. I never liked Seasons, stupid weather and the sims passed out all the time or got sunburned! Bring back OFB !! :D
  • Options
    SilverulzSilverulz Posts: 1,165 New Member
    edited June 2011
    why did you write petition i thought petition means bieng a gainst something?!

silverxx
  • Options
    Zeldafan118Zeldafan118 Posts: 1,748 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Silverulz wrote:
    why did you write petition i thought petition means bieng a gainst something?!

silverxx

It's to show a person that a group of people want something to happen or change. :mrgreen: When I was in first grade, the government was about to dump toxic waste underneath a bridge in a highway. So I got a bunch of first graders to sign a petition to stop it and me and my mom sent it out.

BUT SIGN ME UP!!
  • Options
    PsychoMasterXPsychoMasterX Posts: 2,553 New Member
    edited June 2011
    nobody told you but petitions don't work
  • Options
    WolfieWolfie Posts: 2,557 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Umm... I dunno. I feel like the consignment store is pretty good as it is. Works for those business-inclined simmies.

HOWEVER... if this EP added new professions like auto-mechanic and engineer (EEEEERECTIN' a sentry FTW!) then maybe I would feel differently. :thumbup: OR if it added the ability to have, like... a robot store. :3 PWWWEEEEZ, EA? :lol: Those simbots need homes too, ya know!
  • Options
    aleneghan619aleneghan619 Posts: 4,947 Member
    edited June 2011
    was one of my least favourite expansions
    tumblr_inline_movqnq54lT1qz4rgp.gif

• Options
    DanibleeDaniblee Posts: 2,429 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I agree. I loved that expansion. :3
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited June 2011
    OFB was my favourite EP in TS2. I'd love to have a similar EP for TS3 as well.
  • Options
    brunettesimgirlbrunettesimgirl Posts: 6,370 Member
    edited June 2011
    Completely 100% sign!

OFB was my favorite EP, and when they announced Ambitions I was really hopeful it would somewhat reflect OFB. I was quickly disappointed in Ambitions (not completely), and have yet to get through even 1/2 the careers in that EP. I miss being able to run a bakery, flower shop, clothing store. I miss being able to have a business in my home.
    eOI9EQ4.gif
  • Options
    kad1116kad1116 Posts: 1,413 New Member
    edited June 2011
    i liked open for business but they made ambitions base on it maybe just update ambitions to have the open for business stuff
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited June 2011
    Ambitions was the OFB type expansion . like it or not its the truth
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Thanks for the support so far!

Actually, PsychoMasterX, petitions DO work. Why do you think Pets is the next expansion?

The consignment shop is NOTHING like the Open For Business Expansion pack of Sims 2, which allowed SO much more game play. Ambitions is NOT even a close substitute for OFB. Come on people, I know there are more of you out there who want this! :D
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited June 2011
    Your right it's not but they said in an interview OFB was the starting point for it. Look up sims interview with gant rodiek part 1 on YouTube if you don't believe me.

As go the pets petition they were always going to come out with one petition or not
  • Options
    brunettesimgirlbrunettesimgirl Posts: 6,370 Member
    edited June 2011
    Your right it's not but they said in an interview OFB was the starting point for it. Look up sims interview with gant rodiek part 1 on YouTube if you don't believe me.

As go the pets petition they were always going to come out with one petition or not

Sorry, but that made me laugh. Not what you said about them saying OFB was the starting point for Ambitions. IMO, Ambitions can't hold a candle to OFB. Ambitions is like a very watered down version of what OFB was.
    eOI9EQ4.gif
  • Options
    Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited June 2011
    brainybee wrote:
    Thanks for the support so far!

Actually, PsychoMasterX, petitions DO work. Why do you think Pets is the next expansion?

Because Pets is a huge money-maker? ;)

In all seriousness, someone asks for an OFB expansion literally every week on this forum, and I really doubt it will ever happen. Ambitions already added player-owned businesses, just in a less-detailed way...

FWIW, I love OFB also. :)
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • Options
    SarahE_IsMeSarahE_IsMe Posts: 517 Member
    edited June 2011

Sorry, but that made me laugh. Not what you said about them saying OFB was the starting point for Ambitions. IMO, Ambitions can't hold a candle to OFB. Ambitions is like a very watered down version of what OFB was.

I agree. As much as I hate to admit it, Ambitions was disappointing because I thought I was buying an OFB type game. I would love to be able to have a bakery again!
    "Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons."
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited June 2011
    I have a feeling that Ambitions (a simple EP) is more appealing to younger players while OFB (a more complex EP) is more appealing to adults.

It seems to me that EA is simplifying the game to target younger and rpg players in TS3 and ignoring long time adult players who want more depth and complexity.
  • Options
    AreyanAreyan Posts: 85
    edited June 2011
    I couldn't agree more when it comes to getting all the functions from the Open for Business expansion. That expansion alone contained more gameplay opportunities than all the other ones combined to me.
    I especially LOVED the homebusiness. And this combined with the open neighbourhood of the Sims 3 really opens up the opportunities even more I think.
    Think to have an entire neighbourhood consisting of houses where it's a business on the ground floor and the shop owners live in the other floors. You could go shopping and visiting your friends at the same time.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Wow. This thread is a PETITION for people who would like Sims 3 to make an Open For Business-type expansion. It is NOT a "Do you think Open For Business was any good (unless you are saying it was and you want it)?" or "Does EA listen to players" thread. If you don't want one or don't care, don't post - posting that you don't want one, don't care, or that it is no use asking for one because EA doesn't listen or doesn't care - completely defeats the purpose and drowns out the voices of people who actually do care and do want to ask EA for one. No wonder EA can't take fans seriously.

A BIG thank you to all of the posters like Areyan who get that this is a petition and are saying yes they want the expansion and what it would do for gameplay.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    :thumbup: