Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nightmares & Scary Stuff

Hi! So first off, is "faint" a new thing you can do? Or is it old? My sim fainted because of a ghost story at a bachelorette party.
And second, can somebody tell me about nightmares?

Comments

• pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited June 2011
    I think if you have the dramatic trait they can faint.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • hollynoelhollynoel Posts: 2,242 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I think if you have the dramatic trait they can faint.
    I know they can fake faint, but she did that on her own and I don't think she is dramatic. I'll check though.
  • kittee4kittee4 Posts: 652 New Member
    edited June 2011
    some times at bachelor and bachelorette parties they just randomly faint, but it could be because of the ghost story. as for nightmares, i don't know much about them. hope i helped! :)
  • 13crowns13crowns Posts: 40 Member
    edited June 2011
    I never had anyone fainting yet on a bachelorette party or bachelor.
    It might be trait related :)
    Also curious about the nightmares :-o
  • ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited June 2011
    Coward Trait Sims will faint with Ghost Stories. Hell, Coward Sims will turn off the Horror Channel on the TV before the punchline in the video!

Also, Nightmares are "Fail states" when you give your Child and Teen Sims a dream. To those that haven't figured out how to give your Sims dreams, here's how:

1. Wait for your Sim to fall asleep.
    2. Select the sleeping Sim's icon. This has to be done, because other Sims can't select the dream for the sleeping Sim. It has to be the Sim that's asleep.
    3. Click on the bed they are sleeping on. You should see an option called "Dream About..."
    4. Click on that option and then select one of the dreams you want your Sim to dream about.

If you succeed in granting them a dream, they will wake up with the moodlet "Good Dream." If you end up selecting a dream that can be made into a real life event such as "Dream about going on a date," you get the moodlet "Dreams come true!" upon making that dream a reality. If you end up failing in the dream grant, your Sim will wake up with the "Bad Dream" moodlet and you'll see a notice saying that your Sim is suffering from a nightmare that sleep cycle.

And, no, you can't cancel the action once you grant the dream/nightmare. You have to wake the sleeping Sim up in order to do that.
  • hollynoelhollynoel Posts: 2,242 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Thanks everyone! This helped!
  • Sparklez6273Sparklez6273 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited November 2013
    She could of had the Coward trait, because my sims faint whenever they are scared. I have supernatural and they faint whenever they see a werewolf transformation or even a ghost! :P