March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge Rules

Comments

• ktg106ktg106 Posts: 61 New Member
    edited June 2009
    ktg106 wrote:
    ktg106 wrote:
    .......You are allowed to play with any Mod that does not give you a signifigant advantage over a player without the mod. The only specific mod I know of at the moment, Awesome Mod, is allowed. .....

What is a "Mod"? Please?

Also, is there a time limit?

A mod is a type of program that you can download from a third party site that will change the game. Certain mods do certain things... some are ok to use for the challenge, but others are not. As of right now I'm not sure which ones you can and can't use as I haven't done a lot of reading on them yet, so it's probably best not to use any at the moment.

There is no time limit. Take as long as you want!

Thank you very much :D
  • morsmordremorsmordre Posts: 990 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Moving Sims in:
    Any sim may be moved into the Legacy Family via marriage or move-in except for the following:
    Sims created by the player
    Sims/households downloaded and imported from the exchange
    Sims that had previously lived in the Legacy household but had since moved out
    Sims that are identified by your sim as "Rich'

What if a Sim moves in and is later identified as rich?
  • LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited June 2009
  • Pinstar1161Pinstar1161 Posts: 216 Member
    edited June 2009
    Renita wrote:
    Okay, I'm sorry if I sound dumb, but here is a question:
    Can our legacy sims marry pre-mades? :?:

Pre-mades are fair game as long as they aren't seen by your sim as "Rich"
    Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Twitter: @Pinstar
    Youtube

This account is now maintained by Pinstar's wife, Mystic.

Twitter: @Sims_Legacy

Official Legacy Challenge Site
  • Pinstar1161Pinstar1161 Posts: 216 Member
    edited June 2009
    morsmordre wrote:
    Moving Sims in:
    Any sim may be moved into the Legacy Family via marriage or move-in except for the following:
    Sims created by the player
    Sims/households downloaded and imported from the exchange
    Sims that had previously lived in the Legacy household but had since moved out
    Sims that are identified by your sim as "Rich'

What if a Sim moves in and is later identified as rich?

If that happens then you get a freebie. You can keep the sims married/moved in and you won't have broken any rules.

This is rare since the "rich" aspect is identified very early on by most sims, even those without the observant trait.
    Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Twitter: @Pinstar
    Youtube

This account is now maintained by Pinstar's wife, Mystic.

Twitter: @Sims_Legacy

Official Legacy Challenge Site
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited June 2009
    SerinVal wrote:
    Yay! I really should be going to bed now to try and get rid of this **** flu that I have, but meh. I so have to stay up and at least start, or get things ready.

Anyway, as I mentioned in the other thread. I am thinking of creating a link list in my blog to all the legacy stories that people make, or if there was a way to create a link list here, that would be good as well. So, if you have a story, either, PM me and I'll create a little link list in my blog, or if it is allowed, I may post them in a thread.

That is, if anyone is interested in doing this. =P

We can't PM at the moment :( but I think it would be fun to link blogs! mine is in my siggy :wink:
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks for your hardwork on playtesting and compiling the rules for all of us to have a fun way to play Pinstar!
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
  • AletoilAletoil Posts: 130 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Oh my goodness thank you. All I needed was some direction to get the most outta the game. I think I wanna actually chronicle this one...too bad about memories.
  • BD5141BD5141 Posts: 3,044 Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks so much Pinstar for all your hard work that you do for us Simmers, your challenges enhance the game so much. Can't wait to start my legacy today and I'm really excited about it, thanks again.
  • OhHeyLuckyOhHeyLucky Posts: 1,338 Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm relieved that collection items are not restricted!

The rules look fantastic and I'm so excited to begin my own legacy!! :mrgreen:
  • Emmagalaxy15Emmagalaxy15 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yes I've been waiting for these!
    Off I go...
  • Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited June 2009
    I love ALL the optional rules!

I'm going to play using the Matriarchy, Family Trait and Story Telling rules.

Thanks so much, Pinstar!

(Not so big on the limitations of stolen items. What's the point of being a Kleptomaniac, then? Oh well, I guess I can just omit those rules from my game... not that my founder is a Kleptomaniac, so I guess it doesn't really matter).
  • LouhemaLouhema Posts: 190 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Spare: A sibling of an heir, who can become an heir should anything happen to the current heir. Spares may be fed to the time stream or kept on the lot if you wish. They are eligible to earn legacy points for the family.

Fed to the time stream: Moving a controllable sim out of the legacy house. A sim fed to the time stream no longer can generate legacy points for the family, but still may be interacted with. Legacy points that have already been earned by this sim still count towards your total, even after you move the sim out.

i've problem with this part of the rules.

If i understand right, i can choose in example the brother of my Heir and move him in another lot. He will live his life by himself. My Heir died, i can call her brother and move him back to the Legacy family. Then, he can find a mate and have children that will be the next generation?

So, if i'm right, that the only sim who can go back to the family household?

I hope i'm understandable -_-

• RenitaRenita Posts: 2,242 Member
    edited June 2009
    Renita wrote:
    Okay, I'm sorry if I sound dumb, but here is a question:
    Can our legacy sims marry pre-mades? :?:

Pre-mades are fair game as long as they aren't seen by your sim as "Rich"

Thanks! :)
  • xfunkychick93xxfunkychick93x Posts: 550 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thank you :)

I never did one in TS2, but am so going to do one in TS3 :)

Thanks Pinstar!
  • LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited June 2009
    Pinstar --

What is the required aging setting for the Legacy? I love to play on "Epic" since that gives me the time to play stress-free.

Any thoughts on that would be appreciated, dude!
  • the_harlequinadethe_harlequinade Posts: 512 Member
    edited June 2009
    I always wanted to do a legacy in TS2, but I just never got round to it.
    Though I'm SO going to do it now. I'll probably just play to see how far I can get with it, not for the points, since it's the first one (:

Thanks Pinstar (:
  • JadeyGaGaJadeyGaGa Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Just printed the rules and going to get started now :D
  • DebbieHCBDFDebbieHCBDF Posts: 822 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Pinstar --

What is the required aging setting for the Legacy? I love to play on "Epic" since that gives me the time to play stress-free.

Any thoughts on that would be appreciated, dude!

Good Question!!
  • TotaTota Posts: 1,385 Member
    edited June 2009
    Thank you, will get started right away.

I love the "painting points" rule and the matriarchy/patriarchy option, it is certainly my cup of tea :D Too bad I'm not in my 17th century French neighborhood from TS2...

Off to create a matriarchy! :mrgreen:

/cheers
    Of Kings and Castles
  • KayteafaceKayteaface Posts: 180 New Member
    edited June 2009
    So excited to get started, but I've run into problems already :evil:
    I've made my founder, but it won't let me move her into 15 Summer Hill Court. It's only showing the houses as an option for her to move into.

Can anyone help me out with this please?

EDIT : Nevermind; managed to move her in now :D
  • ChaseyChasey Posts: 15 New Member
    edited June 2009
    :mrgreen: Thanks for this awesome challenge, Pinstar! I just read it and sounds like fun.

I'm going to use the lot of a pre-made family called Grisby in Riverview (I evicted them and bulldozed the house). The reason I did this is because I love the view there :) It is even more expensive then required; something between 15,000 and 16,000.

Question: if you place a player created family in town and they get a child in story mode, will a legacy heir be allowed to choose him or her as a mate when they grow up?
  • LouhemaLouhema Posts: 190 New Member
    edited June 2009
    So excited to get started, but I've run into problems already
    I've made my founder, but it won't let me move her into 15 Summer Hill Court. It's only showing the houses as an option for her to move into.

Can anyone help me out with this please?

I think the helping interface is working on your game. Try to turn it off in the options... can't remember where it is, but it's the problem.
  • BeFree1029749BeFree1029749 Posts: 251 New Member
    edited June 2009
    hmm piece of cake. Surely if I can last through seventeen generations of Flamboyants in TS2 then I can handle this...*gulp* maybe...
  • dhaledhale Posts: 46 Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm so excited!!! I alredy have my Legacy founder created and can't wait to begin the rules...but first I have to read them!!! I have been up all night waiting for these things!!1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top