Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge Rules

Comments

• angl2005151angl2005151 Posts: 149 Member
    I finaly got in to generation 9 yesterday! One more generation to go :D
    Nicole's Sims Story's
    www.nicolesimsstories.weebly.com

• SunIndraSunIndra Posts: 33 Member
    Does anyone know any good score cards? Without having to have microsoft.
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    @SunIndra, there are 4 here, but I think only one 1 of them does not require Excel. The first one, by Pinstar, is a Google doc; I think you have to have a gmail account and the Chrome browser for that, not sure.
  • SunIndraSunIndra Posts: 33 Member
    Thank you. I'll take a look.
  • mfb426mfb426 Posts: 1,407 Member
    I cannot believe that something created by a Simmer grew so large! I'm gratefully that he created the challenge rules; without them my newest legacy challenge (http://withloveasims3legacy.blogspot.com) wouldn't be able to exist! :)
    output_npUBOD.gif
  • Alpal425Alpal425 Posts: 198 Member
    edited March 2015
    I don't use CC, and only use mods that can help me if I have an issue and mods to help me where I feel Maxis shouldn't of included or didn't include. I have the following mods...

NoBuildSparkles (It annoys me)
    nointro (It annoys me)
    NRaas_ErrorTrap (Stops issues)
    NRaas_MasterController (See below)
    NRaas_Overwatch (Stops issues)
    NRaas_Register (Edits the population of paparazzi and animals as I see fit, like usually I don't want random unicorns frolicking in my yard)
    NRaas_StoryProgression (I totally want this not only because it's hilarious (Gobias Koffi always ends up woohooing with Jamie Jolina which gets her pregnant, then the move into a bigger house, have more kids, THEN finally marry) and because it helps the town move along better)

Okay, so my question is about MasterController. If this mod isn't allowed, then I will leave it in my game & won't touch it, and it won't do anything at all. If it were allowed, all I would use it for is to use the 'Stylist' which lets me change Sims' clothes and hair (kind of like a mirror and a dresser all-in-one). So would that make it allowed for me? I don't use any of the other options for it. I just find it a pain having to go to the mirror, sit through a loading screen, change the hair, sit through another loading screen, go to the dresser, sit through a loading screen, change the clothes, sit through ANOTHER loading screen!

thedoctor.gif
  • MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    You can use whatever mods you want. The rules are more like guidelines and you can mix them around and amend them as you see fit for your game play. NRaas mods in general add to game play, they help the game run better, therefore, I see no problem with this at all. But when it's all said and done it really is up to you. =)
  • MayumihatakeMayumihatake Posts: 84 Member
    I agree with Minx....the rules are not strict hard set in rules...but more of a base guidelines.....you play the game as you see fit. so if you want to use certain mods go ahead...the way they have it set is just their way of challenging you and the way you play the game. as for mods like the ones you have they don't cheat the gameplay so I see no reason why you can't use them
  • mfb426mfb426 Posts: 1,407 Member
    I agree with the commenters above; I don't follow the legacy rules to a T, I use them as base guidelines and tweak things as needed for the story (as demonstrated in my second legacy), provided that I'm not making things incredibly easy (i.e. I don't use motherlode or money cheats).:)
    output_npUBOD.gif
  • WaterHornetWaterHornet Posts: 352 Member
    It shocks me this thread is even still being visited!!!
  • MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    @WaterHornet Yeah, plenty of people are coming "late" to the sims 3 party. Legacies are an easy way to get in on the action. I mean... You are missing out on the sim experience if you haven't at least TRIED a legacy. =D
  • TayleeTaylee Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm going to do this on Sims 2 xD
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've been playing legacies according to the town legacy challenge rules found HERE
    and have a link to the main blog HERE where links to my stories can be found.
    Mod are required for the town legacy challenge because of the having to play your entire town instead of one family.I also play using empty custom worlds and populate them myself which is harder than a normal legacy focused on your family.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • yameanodayameanoda Posts: 18 New Member
    can someone help me with a question please,

My legacy heir met and married a YA townie librarian - Karina Harlow - and she only has two traits, and the third being gregarious. How do i select in the random traits generator for offspring? I chose her third trait as "outgoing".

Thanks.
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    Um... Hi! I'm six years late to the party! I'm about to start my own legacy, without scoring points, but following all of the rules expect for randomising the children's traits. If anyone else is still -- or again -- doing this, I would love to have someone to talk to and celebrate or commiserate, depending on how things turn out.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I'm doing the town-based version and have to play the town and start in empty worlds without populations.I also have to play with tons of Mods though iPads get the default study skills online interaction which takes longer to gain skills and they can only gain in one area at time.I use MC family funds to reduce funds if they took the taxi instead of walking or using a bike.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • GernadiaGernadia Posts: 677 Member
    @PalmArrow I'll check in on you. ;) I tried to do this one but my computer couldn't handle the save file. Sigh.
  • KajkaElinaKajkaElina Posts: 201 Member
    BlueEyed wrote: »
    Woohoo! Thank you thank you thank you! *Hugs* Now to read the rules!

That is so wrong @BlueEyed...
    CATS ARE THE BEST!

My Origin ID is catKajka.
  • DreamsUnleashedDreamsUnleashed Posts: 76 Member
    Has anyone posted any videos on this? I'd love to watch your progress. ^.^
  • SimFanAlenaSimFanAlena Posts: 46 Member
    I may try making two legacies, one Pinstar related and one not. Alright, lets get to work :/
    Cloudgazing with Grim Reaper, anyone? シ

• stargirl18stargirl18 Posts: 1,538 Member
    I am going to start this, I am not really a fan of sims 4 but I really love sims 3 and I hope to start the legacy soon
  • tanksgirl04tanksgirl04 Posts: 1 New Member
    I think I am going to give this legacy thing a try. Looks fun, never in all my Sim playing days have I ever done one. But it's never too late right?
  • jellywuzherejellywuzhere Posts: 141 Member
    Thank you so much @Pinstar1161 for making the legacy for TS4!
    “Did you know that ‘I told you so’ has a brother, Jacob?” she asked, cutting me off. “His name is ‘Shut up.’”- Breaking Dawn
  • Pinstar1161Pinstar1161 Posts: 216 Member
    The Legacy Challenge Rules have been updated for The Sims 4 Get Together! http://www.simslegacychallenge.com/legacy-challenge-rules-updated-for-get-together/
    Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Twitter: @Pinstar
    Youtube

This account is now maintained by Pinstar's wife, Mystic.

Twitter: @Sims_Legacy

Official Legacy Challenge Site
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    Thank you, Pinstar1161, and your good wife for the update. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top