March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge Rules

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks! Now if I could just finish the remaining 3 generations in TS2, THEN I can get working on this one.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • DebbieHCBDFDebbieHCBDF Posts: 822 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy I've been waiting for the legacy!!
  • RenitaRenita Posts: 2,242 Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks so much Pinstar! :mrgreen:
  • TaHigley30TaHigley30 Posts: 227 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Awesome! I have never tried a legacy before, but I am up for the challenge. Can anyone play?
  • Starmile26Starmile26 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yay ^-^ *Runs to get the sims disk*
  • StephenTMStephenTM Posts: 908 Member
    edited June 2009
    TaHigley30 wrote:
    Awesome! I have never tried a legacy before, but I am up for the challenge. Can anyone play?
    Anyone. :mrgreen:
  • i_c_f_89i_c_f_89 Posts: 140 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Great :D

Just printed the rules out and will be locking myself in my room for the next few hours :D

Thank You!
  • ktg106ktg106 Posts: 61 New Member
    edited June 2009
    ktg106 wrote:
    .......You are allowed to play with any Mod that does not give you a signifigant advantage over a player without the mod. The only specific mod I know of at the moment, Awesome Mod, is allowed. .....

What is a "Mod"? Please?

Also, is there a time limit?
  • SlinkyScrapSlinkyScrap Posts: 1,551 Member
    edited June 2009
    I have a question maybe someone can clarify for me. It may have been in the rules and I didn't understand, but... anyway.

So, we create our founder, male or female. Then every heir after that has to be the same gender as our founder? For example my female's daughter would be the next heir. Now, if my founder has multiple children, do I then select which I want to be my heir? Or do they have to be the first born of that gender?

Does that question make sense?
  • LillyweedLillyweed Posts: 60 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm making mine right now!! Catch you soon. Heheheh
  • SmustleQueenSmustleQueen Posts: 1,868 New Member
    edited June 2009
    YAY! Many thanks Pinstar!
  • SerinValSerinVal Posts: 136 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yay! I really should be going to bed now to try and get rid of this **** flu that I have, but meh. I so have to stay up and at least start, or get things ready.

Anyway, as I mentioned in the other thread. I am thinking of creating a link list in my blog to all the legacy stories that people make, or if there was a way to create a link list here, that would be good as well. So, if you have a story, either, PM me and I'll create a little link list in my blog, or if it is allowed, I may post them in a thread.

That is, if anyone is interested in doing this. =P
  • SabrosaSabrosa Posts: 1,359 Member
    edited June 2009
    :D Awesome, thanks Pinstar.

will start this later today.
    Good luck to all playing this challenge!

• Pinstar1161Pinstar1161 Posts: 216 Member
    edited June 2009
    Louhema wrote:
    Hello Pinstar, i'm going to translate your rules in french for french people if you are OK. This will be post on my website (http://kapalie.sims.free.fr ) or in your if you want, i don't care about the property of a translation!

Say me what you think about this :)

(I'm better in translation than in spoken :p )

The rules for the Legacy Challenge may be translated and reposted wherever you wish. Please make sure to give me credit and put a link to my website when you do.

Speaking of the website, I should have the rules posted on www.legacychallenge.com in a few days. I need to remember how to actually edit the site first >.<
    Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Twitter: @Pinstar
    Youtube

This account is now maintained by Pinstar's wife, Mystic.

Twitter: @Sims_Legacy

Official Legacy Challenge Site
  • ktg106ktg106 Posts: 61 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have a question maybe someone can clarify for me. It may have been in the rules and I didn't understand, but... anyway.

So, we create our founder, male or female. Then every heir after that has to be the same gender as our founder? For example my female's daughter would be the next heir. Now, if my founder has multiple children, do I then select which I want to be my heir? Or do they have to be the first born of that gender?

From what I understand, the same gender heir is optional.

If you are playing it and you have a female founder, the next heir has to be a girl - but if she gives birth to 3 girls, its your choice which one is the next heir.

Obviously, if you're not playing same gender heir, you can pick any kid you want.
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited June 2009

Only if your doing the matriarchy/patriarchy option. If not then you can pick any gender for your founder. Doesn't have to be the first born, can be any of the kids you have.
  • LouhemaLouhema Posts: 190 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Ok Pinstar, that's cool. No problem for a link to your website, that was in my mind but i've not said it :)

And, thank you for the rules, they are great. You have a lots of french fans that will be happy to have a translation of them :)
  • ImaginingMysticImaginingMystic Posts: 119 Member
    edited June 2009
    ktg106 wrote:
    ktg106 wrote:
    .......You are allowed to play with any Mod that does not give you a signifigant advantage over a player without the mod. The only specific mod I know of at the moment, Awesome Mod, is allowed. .....

What is a "Mod"? Please?

Also, is there a time limit?

A mod is a type of program that you can download from a third party site that will change the game. Certain mods do certain things... some are ok to use for the challenge, but others are not. As of right now I'm not sure which ones you can and can't use as I haven't done a lot of reading on them yet, so it's probably best not to use any at the moment.

There is no time limit. Take as long as you want!
    Christina aka ImaginingMystic

Wife of @Pinstar1161 and Community Manager at The Sims Legacy Challenge (http://simslegacychallenge.com)

Also, check out my Youtube channel (http://youtube.com/imaginingmystic) for Sims 2, Sims 3, and Sims 4 Legacy Challenge and Sims 4 Block Party Let's Plays!
  • Pinstar1161Pinstar1161 Posts: 216 Member
    edited June 2009

The gender of the heirs only has to match the founder if you are playing with the Patriarchy/Matriarchy optional rules. If you are not playing with that rule, the heir can be either gender.

The heir can be ANY of your sim's children, regardless of order of birth. In the case of a multiple birth, any of the two/three children born could be the heir. It is up to you, the player, to choose. You may also change who you define as your heir on the fly. If, for example, your sim has twins and you call one of the twins the heir...but when they reach teenager the heir rolls a really awful trait, you can say "Okay, now their sibling will be the heir"

Your choice of an heir only becomes "locked into place" so to speak once he or she actually brings in the next generation.
    Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Twitter: @Pinstar
    Youtube

This account is now maintained by Pinstar's wife, Mystic.

Twitter: @Sims_Legacy

Official Legacy Challenge Site
  • glompingcowglompingcow Posts: 45 Member
    edited June 2009
    Yaay! Thankies Pinstar!

BTW there is another mod, it lets you unlock the secret service sim traits (pyro, immune to fire, pizza appreciator etc) I assume we would not be able to use those traits, but I don't actually have to take it completely off my game do I? Because I kind of use it on the other games and that'd be a bit of a pain in the butt.
  • SlinkyScrapSlinkyScrap Posts: 1,551 Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks for the answers all who replied. That really helped clarify things! :)
  • RenitaRenita Posts: 2,242 Member
    edited June 2009
    Okay, I'm sorry if I sound dumb, but here is a question:
    Can our legacy sims marry pre-mades? :?:
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks for sharing the rules so soon! I really appreciate it :D I'm going to do my Legacy with the Family Trait/Patriarchy options 8)
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • EvaLovesDanEvaLovesDan Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Much appreciated Pinstar&Mrs Pinstar, thankyou very much for the effort you have put into this.
  • ToffeeandApplesToffeeandApples Posts: 241 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Looks like another set of fine rules, will be starting my legacly soon.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top