Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Memories.

I just got the recent patch and its added the option to share & save memories.

Does anyone actually use this?

Personally, im not familiar with it yet...and im finding it a little annoying.

Every action my sim did today was considered memorable (Like going to work? And going to the spa right after? I do this all the time!)

Comments

• Options
    lizeid87lizeid87 Posts: 446 Member
    edited June 2011
    Yea I toootally agree, it's really getting on my nerves. I wish there was a way to take it off.
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    edited June 2011
    I just went into CAS and changed my everyday wear!

What a memorable event!

I never share them. Too many. And I don't think anyone cares that my sims p.ooped today. :lol:
  • Options
    SIMplifiedSIMplified Posts: 4,536 Member
    edited June 2011
    It's back by popular demand from TS2 and now that we got it everyone hates it. Go into options and there should be a setting to make the notifications like non existent. I myself use them. I enjoy the sim well aged and enjoying their golden memories.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    SIMplified wrote:
    It's back by popular demand from TS2 and now that we got it everyone hates it. Go into options and there should be a setting to make the notifications like non existent. I myself use them. I enjoy the sim well aged and enjoying their golden memories.

Well, in the sims 2 they didn't gain a memory every time they took a step :lol:
  • Options
    dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited June 2011
    I hate memeories! Everytime my sim has one I share it and the game freezes -.-
    I'm going to turn it off D:!

Jeez, just as my sim finally got into a club
    Stupid memories <.<"
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • Options
    Ner710Ner710 Posts: 193 Member
    edited June 2011
    Some people have used memories in order to cash in into the free stuff EA offered for a certain number of memories.

The problem for me is that the system records some of the most ridiculous things so I spend every few minutes cleaning out the junk memories. People have also complained that memories have largely increased the sizes of save files.

Recently someone made mods to either select "important" memories or completely turn memories off altogether.
  • Options
    CuddlyBunCuddlyBun Posts: 6,514 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I killed memories with a mod. :P

The constant gain of memories causes your save to become huge (filesize-wise) and will increase your chance of error 12 if your game is prone to that.
  • Options
    SIMplifiedSIMplified Posts: 4,536 Member
    edited June 2011
    Emily4331 wrote:
    SIMplified wrote:

Granted I don't care at all if I went to the book store then park then bistro then fishing and caught a fish then another fish then another BIG fish then picked up a rock then caught a bug and then drove my first car home. I still like le memories. If I get overly tired I'm pro at the x button for all notifications :lol:
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    SIMplified wrote:
    Emily4331 wrote:
    SIMplified wrote:

Granted I don't care at all if I went to the book store then park then bistro then fishing and caught a fish then another fish then another BIG fish then picked up a rock then caught a bug and then drove my first car home. I still like le memories. If I get overly tired I'm pro at the x button for all notifications :lol:

same here. I don't mind them too much.

I'm a x button wizard. 8)
  • Options
    reni401reni401 Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited June 2011
    As noted, there is a button in the options to cancel out the notifications, which are the most annoying. That said, the larger issue is, of course, the incredibly poor implementation of memories.

I simply cannot imagine the design meeting where somebody thought to themselves "Hey, you know what everybody loves? Pop up messages. Let's throw in a LOT of those, incessantly, for every action that a character does... sometimes three for that action!" (Go ahead, woohoo with a celebrity in a hot tub... three pop ups just for that) The implementation was terrible; the thought process that shoehorning a SimPage and Facebook connection would please people is mind boggling; and the rewards for sharing memories are especially odd in that they suffer from diminishing returns, with the most useful items appearing early on, and the least useful (outfits of no distinction) appearing later.

To illustrate the last point (diminishing returns on sharing memories): imagine a game show. In this game show you are told that there are three prizes to be won: a home of your dreams, a very nice car, and a $20 gift certificate to a typical department store. To earn the house you must do the following: say hello to a random stranger. To earn the car you must draw a picture of a flower that you must look up the picture for. To earn the gift certificate you must be able to recite the lyrics to five songs without pause of any kind. None of these are especially difficult; but would you even WANT to bother with the gift certificate after attaining the most beneficial items: the house and the car?
  • Options
    firestar77_3firestar77_3 Posts: 2,126
    edited June 2011
    MTS has a mod where you can control which memories you want and which you don't. :D
    http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=446281