Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why Is The Cafe A Rabbithole?

With the registers from World Adventures, could EA not have adjusted them a bit so you could make a working cafe?
In Sims 2, my sims always met for friends at the local coffee shop and I hate that I cant do it anymore it stinks!!!! :x :evil:
I don't mind the cinema or town hall being a rabbithole, but the cafe would only have taken an hour or two! :roll:
Do you agree?

Comments

• SimNowSimNow Posts: 222 Member
    edited June 2011
    I think it would take way more than an hour or two, since the restaurants, diners, etc are used for work venues.
  • dreamsong1968dreamsong1968 Posts: 4,473 Member
    edited June 2011
    With the registers from World Adventures, could EA not have adjusted them a bit so you could make a working cafe?
    In Sims 2, my sims always met for friends at the local coffee shop and I hate that I cant do it anymore it stinks!!!! :x :evil:
    I don't mind the cinema or town hall being a rabbithole, but the cafe would only have taken an hour or two! :roll:
    Do you agree?

I'm trying to figure out why we needed another Bistro and Grocery. Redesigning existing rabbitholes is not giving us more variety--just another building to wade through as we construct our own community lots.
  • mizmeishamizmeisha Posts: 25 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I really hate all these rabbitholes. I believe The Sims 3 took a giant step backwards having them everywhere. In The Sims 1 you could go out to dinner and shop for clothes, nevermind all the innovative game play in The Sims 2. There is no point to putting this cafe in the game or even mentioning it in the game's description as a selling point when gamers can't even fully enjoy it.
  • calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    edited June 2011
    I would of prefured if ea had made a drink machine that only a cafe staff member could use to serve our sims like the food register so we could build our own coffee shop and maybe some vending machines. we could however have a rabit hole takerway like a fish & chip shop or kabba shop.
    h2xmsbl]

• sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    edited June 2011
    I feel as though with The Sims 3, I would be fine with rabbit holes as long as they were just the work locations. I mean it's not like we even saw what the buildings look like in previous Sims games where they worked. But why could not all the Community Lots be fully functional?

Happy Simming! :D
  • worm178worm178 Posts: 4,462 Member
    edited June 2011
    Do you agree?

I'm trying to figure out why we needed another Bistro and Grocery. Redesigning existing rabbitholes is not giving us more variety--just another building to wade through as we construct our own community lots.

That's the whole point! You are missing the big picture here. It's a stuff pack which doesn't bring any new features.
    Click it » My blog features Sims stuff like Machinima, Downloads, Stories, Reviews, and more!
  • simsdivagirlchicksimsdivagirlchick Posts: 2,298 Member
    edited June 2011
    sims 3 will always have rabbit holes and everyone should be appreciative that they were great enough to add these rabbitholes to a stuff pack. The sims 3 deserves nothing better and the sims 3 definitely does not deserve open community lots like ts2 and ts1 have.
  • worm178worm178 Posts: 4,462 Member
    edited June 2011
    sims 3 will always have rabbit holes and everyone should be appreciative that they were great enough to add these rabbitholes to a stuff pack. The sims 3 deserves nothing better and the sims 3 definitely does not deserve open community lots like ts2 and ts1 have.

The Sims 3 has an open world. With a few mods, and other things you could have your own running cafe.
    Click it » My blog features Sims stuff like Machinima, Downloads, Stories, Reviews, and more!
  • HatboxHatbox Posts: 1,755 Member
    edited June 2011

WOW, okay. :?

Even though I would like to see an open restaurant someday, the lack of one in the game simply does not kill playing the game for me, because there are plenty of other new and non rabbithole community lots for me.

Such as the laundromat, consignment shop and beauty parlor.

The Sims 3 is a new game from The Sims 2, if I had wanted The Sims 2 again I would have just continued playing it and not even purchased this one.

• ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited June 2011
    It's most definitely doubtful that EA will open rabbitholes... I mean, if they open the bistro, then EVERYTHING will have to open.

Look, i strongly believe rabbitholes will always exist, and they will never be open. To be honest... I rather like them. They add huge character to the game. And as much as I'd like an open café, guess what - WA brought that, so I really don't see the need to get another one, or at least a till that will allow one. I think people are blind to the fact that there's so much things we can do in this game, and people are only looking at the bad points. The rabbitholes are a major part of the game, but I'd rather look at pretty, non-enterable buildings than blocky things. Plus... I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates a bookshop can be made with one placement of an object.

And anyway, this IS a Stuff Pack. An Stuff Pack brings no new gameplay elements, or very few. People need to remember that as EA cannot add a whole amount to an SP. I mean, if they were to open RH in this SP, it'd practically be a mini-expansion!

Anyway... I hope what I said made some amount of sense. :|
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited June 2011
    mizmeisha wrote:
    I really hate all these rabbitholes. I believe The Sims 3 took a giant step backwards having them everywhere. In The Sims 1 you could go out to dinner and shop for clothes, nevermind all the innovative game play in The Sims 2. There is no point to putting this cafe in the game or even mentioning it in the game's description as a selling point when gamers can't even fully enjoy it.

In TS2 the whole neighborhood was a rabbit hole. :wink:

TS3 is far much better than TS2.
    edited June 2011
    I also like the rabbitholes, now if the actual houses or parks were rabbitholes then I would have a problem. :lol:

Most of the buildings that exist as rabbitholes in The Sims 3 never even existed in the first place in The Sims 2, and besides, they are awesome neighborhood decor.
  • elijahhines10elijahhines10 Posts: 6,433 Member
    edited June 2011

Open community lots aren't that great.
    I never really liked having to have a loading screen just to go to the store, eat out, etc.
    I actually believe rabbit holes are way better than open community lots from ts1/ts2
    You actually see your sim go to the rabbit holes, and if you want to eat outside, you can always just use the "eat outside" interaction:P
    Rabbit holes are also more efficient because you can control multiple sims at once, and again with the loading screens, time doesn't stand still when you go to a community lot.

P.S I think The Sims 4 will have rabbit holes like The Sims Medieval:P
    They will look like rabbit holes but when you go inside they open up like the shels from Late Night.
    edited June 2011
    Exactly. :)
    That is why I think that the sims 3 does not derserve any open community lots and they should turn every building in the sims 3 into rabbitholes since a large portion of their customers now see the rabbitholes as convenient anyways. xD
    Y'all already have an open world, so why should you expect or want anything else to be added to the game?
    They should even consider turning all of the houses that you are not playing into rabbitholes because it would make the game so much MORE convenient and faster!
    When they keep adding rabbitholes, it would a whole lot easier to control multiple sims and it is a lot of fun staring at building whie the sims go inside and it is really pointless having open lots or anything dealing with that.
    Rabbitholes was the best thing that they added and I am also very happy that the dev's gave us more rabbit holes than there ever was in the sims 1 and sims 2. Who cares about open lots and having a reason to go out into the town when you have an open neighborhood. :)
  • elijahhines10elijahhines10 Posts: 6,433 Member
    edited June 2011
    Exactly. :)
    That is why I think that the sims 3 does not derserve any open community lots and they should turn every building in the sims 3 into rabbitholes since a large portion of their customers now see the rabbitholes as convenient anyways. xD
    Y'all already have an open world, so why should you expect or want anything else to be added to the game?
    They should even consider turning all of the houses that you are not playing into rabbitholes because it would make the game so much MORE convenient and faster!
    When they keep adding rabbitholes, it would a whole lot easier to control multiple sims and it is a lot of fun staring at building whie the sims go inside and it is really pointless having open lots or anything dealing with that.
    Rabbitholes was the best thing that they added and I am also very happy that the dev's gave us more rabbit holes than there ever was in the sims 1 and sims 2. Who cares about lots and having a reason to go out into the town when you have an open neighborhood for you place building that you cannot even go into. :)

Now hold on there:shock:
    I would hate if EA did that:lol:
    I find it ok for the rabbit holes now, but if they did it to the houses I would be REALLY freakin' mad at EA:evil:
    edited June 2011
    Hatbox wrote:

Most of the buildings that exist as rabbitholes in The Sims 3 never even existed in the first place in The Sims 2, and besides, they are awesome neighborhood decor.

it is true.

Like I said before, In TS2 the whole neighborhood was a rabbit hole. In TS2 you could not even visit your neighbors. :D
    edited June 2011
    In ts2 with the last expansion pack, They gave us real apartments so the sims can visit neighbors. You could even combine houses and apartments together. :o
    But enough about that, visiting boring neighbors and going to dull community lots and rabbitholes is so much more fun and better than anything that was in previous installments of the sims games. Like I said before, they have tons of satisfied customers now so they should continue to make expansions this exact way and keep adding more rabbitholes and keep cutting back on the gameplay because game play in the sims 3 is pointless because the sims 3 have an open neighborhood. :D:mrgreen:
  • TateSaundersTateSaunders Posts: 997 New Member
    edited June 2011

I never really liked having to have a loading screen just to go to the store, eat out, etc.
    I actually believe rabbit holes are way better than open community lots from ts1/ts2
    You actually see your sim go to the rabbit holes, and if you want to eat outside, you can always just use the "eat outside" interaction:P
    Rabbit holes are also more efficient because you can control multiple sims at once, and again with the loading screens, time doesn't stand still when you go to a community lot.

They will look like rabbit holes but when you go inside they open up like the shels from Late Night.

My feelings exactly as Im controlling multiple Sims, I do not want to have to monitor the whole time. If I want to go into non rabbithole I have many places to choose from BARS, nectary, restaraunt-like in WA i have one in my town, library, parks, beaches, visit a neighbors home, the academy, gym, and art museum.
    edited June 2011
    In ts2 with the last expansion pack, They gave us real apartments so the sims can visit neighbors. You could even combine houses and apartments together. :o
    But enough about that, visiting boring neighbors and going to dull community lots and rabbitholes is so much more fun and better than anything that was in previous installments of the sims games. Like I said before, they have tons of satisfied customers now so they should continue to make expansions this exact way and keep adding more rabbitholes and keep cutting back on the gameplay because game play in the sims 3 is pointless because the sims 3 have an open neighborhood. :D:mrgreen:

YOU may think that the gameplay is pointless, but we do not, isn't it a little malicious and troll like to suggest these things?

The things that are you are suggesting are absurd to most of us to say the least, and for someone who is so displeased with The Sims 3, then why aren't you off happily playing The Sims 2 instead of posting these outrageous comments?

If I hated something so much, I would continue enjoying the product that I like, not this.
    edited June 2011

My feelings exactly as Im controlling multiple Sims, I do not want to have to monitor the whole time. If I want to go into non rabbithole I have many places to choose from BARS, nectary, restaraunt-like in WA i 5ave one in my town, library, parks, beaches, visit a neighbors home, the academy, gym, and art museum.

I agree. In TS3 we have more open community lots than we had in TS2.
    edited June 2011
    The open community lots in The Sims 3 are:

consignment shop
    beauty parlor/tattoo parlor
    nightclubs(mine are not empty and not everyone is standing around)
    big parks/little parks
    gym/swimming pool
    tombs
    nectary
    the cafes that came with WA
    library
    the WA bookstore
    WA relics shop
    WA general store
    laundromat

And that is all that I can think of at the moment, my brain is a little fried today(it's Friday after all, LOL).

But I hardly consider that being "closed up", and how can anyone argue that having your Sim get in a car and dissapearing into the great unknown as being better?

The only closed up rabbitholes that I can think of are the workplaces, the bookstore, grocery store and restaraunt.
  • Eden777Eden777 Posts: 1,263 Member
    edited June 2011
    Yes EA, because it's just so bleeping exciting to visit a rabbit hole.

"...includes new community places, like Scrumptious Nibbles Café, for your Sims to visit too!"
  • KazzJazzKazzJazz Posts: 237 New Member
    edited June 2011
    The issue to me isn't really whether some rabbitholes are needed or a TS3 vs. TS2 comparison; it is simply that we already have a bistro rabbithole to take care of the part-time job for teens. There is no need to "open" that rabbithole, simply add a new open venue option for those players who do like to build and do like to have more gameplay options (i.e., don't mind having multiple activities for multiple sims).... and no I don't expect new gameplay options in a stuff pack; I'm saying it is a very doable option that could be added to a future EP without causing anyone who doesn't want to build or bother playing with their sims any issues; they can simply choose not to add the venue to their towns.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    edited June 2011
    Do you agree?

I know I just found out in the fact page. Disappointing but atleast unlike the Diner it will still have an option to eat outside.
    edited June 2011
    Hatbox wrote:
    The open community lots in The Sims 3 are:

consignment shop
    beauty parlor/tattoo parlor
    nightclubs(mine are not empty and not everyone is standing around)
    big parks/little parks
    gym/swimming pool
    tombs
    nectary
    the cafes that came with WA
    library
    the WA bookstore
    WA relics shop
    WA general store
    laundromat

And that is all that I can think of at the moment, my brain is a little fried today(it's Friday after all, LOL).

But I hardly consider that being "closed up", and how can anyone argue that having your Sim get in a car and dissapearing into the great unknown as being better?

The only closed up rabbitholes that I can think of are the workplaces, the bookstore, grocery store and restaraunt.

I agree. :thumbup: