Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Time Controls

Jared84Jared84 Posts: 25 New Member
I love the game- don't get me wrong- but I do have one problem. I don't know if its just me, but time seems to go by way too slow. It takes about 10 minutes to sleep or go to work. I'm trying to say that the third speed option is not fast enough. I hope its not just me having this problem. EA, would you be kind enough to send out an update to fix this problem. As a Sims 2 owner, I've never encountered this problem. Although, if work and sleep could go by faster, the game would be a bit more enjoyable to me. Thank you for your time. Please respond...

Comments

• Options
    jlp09551jlp09551 Posts: 157 Member
    edited June 2009
    Jared84 wrote:
    I love the game- don't get me wrong- but I do have one problem. I don't know if its just me, but time seems to go by way too slow. It takes about 10 minutes to sleep or go to work. I'm trying to say that the third speed option is not fast enough. I hope its not just me having this problem. EA, would you be kind enough to send out an update to fix this problem. As a Sims 2 owner, I've never encountered this problem. Although, if work and sleep could go by faster, the game would be a bit more enjoyable to me. Thank you for your time. Please respond...

You aren't the only one with this issue. All of us are. It's one of the amazing "features" EA added to the new game.
  • Options
    Jared84Jared84 Posts: 25 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thankyou, I hope all of these complaints provoke EA to fix it.
  • Options
    CitrineMoonCitrineMoon Posts: 396 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yeah i agree, but i understand EA truing to get us to speed more time in the game and with the world. However, it takes too long to sleep, eat, sometimes shower, but i admit the world is pretty cool, but sometimes the graphics take a while to load and i try to use just 1 speed seems to upload the surrounding area fine. But overall i think the speeds need to change, im tired of waiting for my Sims at work, i have nothing else to do.
  • Options
    CynTheSimCynTheSim Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I am really frustrated with the time controls as well. I have a pretty nice gaming computer with a solid processor and plenty of ram (while running XP, at least,) so time goes by at the prescribed rate; however, it takes FOREVER when my sims are sleeping or showering. I think perhaps I should just alt-tab and send a few emails while I wait!
  • Options
    DeuxDeux Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The amount of time it takes to sleep is incredibly frustrating. If both of the Sims in my family were working right now, I'd be spending more time waiting to do things than actually playing the game.
  • Options
    RhainRhain Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have to agree. It seems in my game that when the time is set to "3", about 2 Sim minutes pass each second, turning 8 hours of sleep into 4 real minutes of waiting, every single night. (I've actually taken to keeping a book beside me to read while they sleep.) I don't mind it so much while they're at work, because it gives me time to change their working style as their fun or social levels drop, but sleeping is just boring.

Perhaps the real problem is the "4" option. Maybe I've misunderstood the explanation, but shouldn't it just jump the time ahead until the end of the event? I would love it if I could just hit "4" when they climb into bed and a couple of seconds later, it would just be whatever time is shown when hovering over the queued sleeping event (baring interruptions - like a burglar or a phone call). As it stands now, hitting "4" doesn't seem to do much, even with shorter term events like showering or attending a class. It certainly doesn't "skip to the end", if that's what was intended.

That said, they've done a fabulous job with the elimination of load times between locations, and even the transition into and out of map mode is plenty speedy. It's just the upper end options of time passage that seem way slower than TS2...
  • Options
    SXyPiXieSXyPiXie Posts: 28 New Member
    edited June 2009
    This question comes up a lot.
    there is a larger thread here, http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/30/666.page#19583
    several people (myself included) have tested and found that the max simulation speed is not actualy limited by the game, but by your computers resources.
    the speed level 3 is as slow as one minute per hour, or in some cases as fast as 8 seconds an hour. see the post above for more details.