Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dear EA; a very dissapointed costumer.

2...Next

Comments

• DarkiDarki Posts: 145 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I don't understand their rush really
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited June 2011
    Instead of rushing out EPs and SPs and only testing them with the base game, EA really need to start testing them with every single EP and SP to date. Surely that's common sense isn't it?
    That would help because some EPs have problems with one another. Back in Late Night when Ambitions lots (Such as the fire station) were placed in Bridgeport, placing a new lot and going back to Edit Town would crash Late Night. The glitches should be addressed in Generations or the recent update.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • UrsusPennUrsusPenn Posts: 60
    edited June 2011
    The other problem is the total lack of tech support.

All they ever say is "install the patch" or "reinstall the game"

The truth of the matter is that the game just doesn't work, tech support just keeps telling everyone the same non-answer which keeps customers chasing their own tails.

I would love to be an auto mechanic and have someone from EA tech support come into my shop:

EA: My car won't start

Me: Did you put gas in the tank?

EA: Yes, I have a full tank of gas

Me: Drive over to the gas station and put some gas in the tank.

EA: I have a full tank.

Me: Drive over to the gas station and fill the tank.

EA: I can't drive to the station if my car won't start.

Me: The manual says that if your car won't start, put gas in the tank.

EA: The tank is full. One more time: my car...will...not...start.

Me: Oh, you say "your car won't START?" That's not what you said the first time, when you said your "CAR won't start."

EA: Now that we've identified the problem, what do I do about it?

Me: Put gas in the tank.

EA: I have a full tank.

Me: Then drive to the gas station.

EA: Can't drive to the gas station.

Me: Why can't you drive to the station?

EA: Because my car won't start.

Me: Well, you can't put gas in the tank if you can't drive to the station

EA: I know that, but I don't need to add gas because I already have a full tank of gas, remember?

Me: Oh, you say the tank is full?

EA: Yes, the tank is full.

Me: You didn't tell me the tank was already full. Let's go to step #2. Look under the hood.

EA: OK. Hold on....

Me: (goes out for coffee)

EA: I might see the problem here.

Me: You're not a mechanic.

EA: I don't have to be a mechanic to see that my car won't start because the engine is missing.

Me: The engine is missing?

EA: Yes. There's no engine there, just a big gaping hole filled with lots and lots of nothing.

Me: I know.

EA: What do you mean "you know"

Me: I took out the engine last time you were here for service.

EA: So, there's no engine in my car? You mean to tell me that the last time you fixed my car, you took out the engine and never put it back in.

Me: That's right.

EA: Did you test drive my car after you took out the engine and before you called me to say that my car was all fixed up and ready to go?

Me: No.

EA: Why not?

Me: We don't do that. We just work on the car and give it back to the customer. It's up to the customer to test drive it to see if it's working after the repairs.

EA: Well, mine isn't working.

Me: I know.

EA: How do you know?

Me: We do the same repairs on all the cars that come in here. When cars won't start, we just remove the engine, then call the customer to say that the car is ready to go.

EA: So, none of your customers can drive their cars after you fix them?

Me: That's right. That's how it works.

EA: So, can you get my car running again?

Me: Sure, no problem.

EA: What do I do?

Me: Drive to the gas station and put some gas in the tank.

EA: That isn't working.

Me: Have you tried it?

EA: Yes.

Me: Try it again.

EA: It won't help.

Me: You have to follow the steps here. I'll wait....Have you done it yet?

EA: No, I haven't tried it because the tank is already full, and I can't drive to the station because my car has no engine.

Me: Well, if you're not going to try our solution, then there's nothing I can do for you.

EA: Are you going to put the engine back in my car?

EA: What do you mean "no"

Me: I'm too busy to put the engine back in your car.

EA: Do you do this to all your customers?

Me: Yes.

EA: How many people come in here for repairs and can't drive back out again?

Me: All of them.

EA: Isn't that bad for business?

Me: No, doesn't hurt us at all.

EA: How do you keep customers coming back?

Me: We have a great reputation for quality. See the nice certificate on the wall: it reads "best service in town, highly recommended"

EA: How does that happen?

Me: Well, look in the newspaper. We buy up a whole lot of ad space in the papers, and in exchange, the paper gives us great reviews telling everybody how terrific our service is, and people keep coming to us to buy new cars and have their cars fixed.

EA: But those cars don't actually work, do they?

EA: Then how do you get such great reviews? Is it based on your cars and your service, or is it based on how much ad money you send to the paper?

Me: It's all based on how much we spend on ads.

EA: So, your cars don't work, but you just buy good reviews by buying up a whole lot of ad space in the paper?

Me: And your point is....?

EA: Never mind.

Me: While you're here, let me show you this nice shiny NEW car, which I'm sure you'll want to buy. It's the latest thing. It has all sorts of bells and whistles that we've had laying around the shop from discontinued models. We take them out of the current models, then hold off on installing them so we can put them in future models that don't have what the last one had.

EA: If I buy that new car, will I be able to drive it off the lot?

Me: Sure thing. In our latest model, we've fixed all the problems we had in the earlier models. Just buy this replacement for your old car, and everything will be just fine.

EA: Does it run?

Me: Of course it does! If you don't believe us, just read the papers. They say our cars are nice and shiny and run great.

EA: Yes, I see here in the paper that your new model is a great car.

Me: It will only cost you 40,000 Simoleons.

EA: I paid 60,000 Simoleons for the current car that you sold me, and that one doesn't work.

Me: All I can say is that this is a real bargain. Your problem is that you're driving an old car. You need to buy a new one, and that will make your mood go all the way to platinum.

EA: Ok. I'll buy it. After all, my old car isn't working, so I need a new one.

Me: Great. Here are the keys. Thanks for buying my cars. I really appreciate your repeat business.

EA: I'll just be leaving now. I'll drive away in my nice shiny new car.

Me: Bye now. See you next time. The new model will be coming out in a few months, and I'm sure you'll want to upgrade to that one. It's already getting rave reviews in the paper. Everybody will want one and you won't want to be left out.

EA: Hey, wait a minute, that new car you just sold me wont start.

Me: Of course it won't start. You can't just buy a new car and expect it to start all by itself.

EA: Did you check to see if the car started before selling it to me?

EA: Why not?

Me: Too busy making the next new car model.

EA: So, in the meantime, my new car won't start.

Me: You can't expect perfection here. Just because you buy a brand new car, doesn't mean you should expect to be able to drive it. You're being unreasonable. We aren't responsible for operator error.

EA: What do I do to make it start?

Me: Put gas in the tank.

EA: How do I do that?

Me: Drive over to the gas station and put gas in it.

EA: How can I drive to the gas station if my new car won't start?

Me: Your new car won't start?

EA: That's what I said.

Me: Put gas in the tank.........................................

edited June 2011
    yeah the game doesn't work :/ i dont think you need more RAM, it's the game period. it needs some work.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited June 2011
    @UrsusPenn - LOL, that is hilarious :D
    apple-signature.png
    edited June 2011
    i wonder when illbe able to play.. ;/
  • princesssarahioprincesssarahio Posts: 104 New Member
    edited October 2011
    This would be a great expansion if it worked.
  • ElsoftElsoft Posts: 70 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I've had my game since Wednesday and I'm still not able to play it due to all the problems. I've decided not to give it another try before EA actually fixed whatever the problem is. I'm sick of disappointments...
  • pippa8683pippa8683 Posts: 42
    edited October 2011
    after paying a weeks money to me fore the sims 3 pets I found the horses would not work at all according to the system requirements I am fine tried with and without custom content and still no joy recently I have spent more time trying to get to work than playing it and its really ******* me off, why the hell should I wait months to play the full game? Get the patch out now, I am not going to be leaving favourable reviews thats for 🐸🐸🐸🐸 sure.
  • kaosgirl00kaosgirl00 Posts: 74 New Member
    edited October 2011
    This is exactly what I've been saying all along...

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/443345.page
  • tigersmindtigersmind Posts: 63
    edited October 2011
    @UrsusPenn: That just made my day. :D (And I hope EA sees it and feels ashamed....)

This was the last game that I'm buying from EA. I work my butt off in a lab, all day and night, subjecting myself to horrid bosses and condescending grad-students while trying to make ends meet so I can pay off vet bills and student loans. This Expansion Pack was the one splurge item that I've been able to treat myself to in MONTHS, and I've been looking forward to it since TS3 was originally released. I was planning to spend a long, beautiful weekend on my computer, escaping reality and enjoying Appaloosa Plains... *sigh* Clearly, that isn't happening. Instead, I have a game that's so buggy, I can barely get a few minutes of game time without my it crashing. I can't enjoy being a Sim equestrian because horses are like little beings of doom that kill my game in a heart-beat.

I can't just upgrade my Macbook Pro. I don't have another $3000 to spend willy nilly like that. I'm on a very tight budget and if the problem really was my computer, I'd bite the bullet and just forget that I ever purchased this expansion pack. But it isn't my computer. It's the programming in the EP. This epic fail pack could have been avoided by EA by doing appropriate and thorough beta testing of this product. Instead, we're the beta testers and we're paying money for our Macs to get corrupted by this game.

Com'on EA. Take some responsibility for your actions.

• katilynnwilliskatilynnwillis Posts: 3
    edited March 2012
    I have been calling and talking to the EA Help for two weeks now and I have sent them a screen shot of the crash report I have gotten from my Macbook OSX Leopard. i am not sure if or how to post the screenshot here. I was told they were sending it over to EA tech. And In research I have done I noticed that back in dec they made a patch for lion users which fixed a crashing problem with nvidia geforce 9400m grachics card. I told them that a patch for Leopard users also needed to be made because it was having the same problem. I am also so fed up, they need to fix the other products. Because until this is fixed I hate to say I will not Buy another Product.
  • ageorgiagirlageorgiagirl Posts: 84
    edited March 2012
    jonisha_x wrote:
    I know that this might sound weird, but if you save like every 15 minutes then the game stops crashing, it's really true, I have a mac too and my computer froze constantly, then I saved like crazy because I wanted to be prepared for the next freeze, but then I noticed that when you save an keep saving every 15 minutes the computer stops freezing, I mean, it still happens sometimes but really, it has happened once in what... like a month now? So maybe you should really try saving more, maybe it works for you too :)

Yeah, I would save every 15 minutes - if it didn't take 15 minutes to save. I'm fracking fed up. Honestly, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 like this shouldn't be happening. Mac sims customers will soon die away, just as the mac trend grows. What a shame, EA. Mac has the potential to run this game amazingly, if only you spent time on us.
  • cutie9676cutie9676 Posts: 135 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I have been posting on here since pets came out and my game has been freezing, crashing, and errors all over the place i can't play. I like i've said before, i got all the sims 3 game and a mac as a DREAMS COME TRUE WISH ! And i get a game i can't even play my macbook pro is awesome it's the top of the line 2010 one with the i7 but i can't play my beloved games and EA doesn't even care. I have to deal with being sick everyday the least i want to do is play a game to make things better but NO i have to deal with this crap i mean i have so many problems with my health and i don't want to deal with problems with a game too. it's impossible most of the time to get in touch with ea i'm in and out of the hospital so i've done chats with the EA advisor and i've emailed them but they didn't even bother to email me back and keep on sending my these stupid coupons for 10% on origin i mean come on all i want is a game that works not coupons that i'm not gonna use. Why would i waste anymore money on a game thats keeps get worse thats why i didn't get showtime. i got pets because i was really excited about horses and my mom felt really bad for what i was going through that month so for a reward for being on all those chemo meds and encougraement because we thought maybe i'd have to go back on this one med that made me extremely sick she got me Pets. and since then i have a game that i can't even play. I mean EA have a heart please help us out not just me but all us mac people. I just really hope my story can touch them and they can see why they need to fix the problems. Usually i don't tell people on this forum about my problems but this game is what i use to help me. My doctors said that i can't always use pain meds to help with my chronic pain and i would have to find distractions to help out too in combination with meds so i used the sims 3. My nurses knew me because i played the sims 3. One time i was in the hospital and i made all my nurses and techs dream houses in the sims! and now i can't do that. So please EA PLEASE HEAR ME! HEAR US AS A WHOLE AND HELP US PLEASE! this problem is really affecting peoples lives

* I have tired everything! I've reinstall way over 30 times now. I used awesome mod and twallans mods they gave me a little more time before the game would crash or give me a error window say do you wish to debug yes or no and still it would crash. EA support said delete ALL the caches on the Mac which i do to keep my mac running good anyway. I then used ccleaner and onyX to clean up any problems with the mac and the sims 3 problem no help. I've use the disk utility numerous times no help. It's not a problem with the mac it's a problem with the program and they need to go in there and rewrite some codes or whatever and fix the problem
  • LawanaSimsLawanaSims Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    I am so happy to be getting windows 8 laptop because I hate my Mac it always shuts down after 20 or 30 minutes I know it can't be all the games but I do wonder if its all the content I have for it and expansion packs but I love the game A word of advice don't use a Mac to play the sims 3 the Mac sucks i really wanted pose player but its for windows only I'm so happy cant wait to actually play it soon :cry::lol:
  • joolieajooliea Posts: 1,262 Member
    edited December 2012
    It's not the Mac that sucks. It's EA that does.

The Sims 3 is the only application I've ever had this much trouble with. When I first installed it I remarked to my husband that it was the worst-behaved app I've ever encountered (stop stealing focus when I launch the Launcher, you jackrabbit!). ...And the buggiest, and the most unstable and now, the most unusable.

My Mac works great for everything else in the world. The reason I use it is because on the whole I do not have to fight with my software while computing (my experience with the other platform was basically one fight after another), but good lord, The Sims 3 is nothing but a fight.
  • ashjack20ashjack20 Posts: 163 Member
    edited December 2012
    jooliea wrote:
    It's not the Mac that sucks. It's EA that does.

The Sims 3 is the only application I've ever had this much trouble with. When I first installed it I remarked to my husband that it was the worst-behaved app I've ever encountered (stop stealing focus when I launch the Launcher, you jackrabbit!). ...And the buggiest, and the most unstable and now, the most unusable.

My Mac works great for everything else in the world. The reason I use it is because on the whole I do not have to fight with my software while computing (my experience with the other platform was basically one fight after another), but good lord, The Sims 3 is nothing but a fight.

Can someone explain to me why everyone keeps insisting that Mac is the problem when really it's the bloody game? There are many other games that state they are Mac compatible and they never cause any issues on many Mac systems. Now, there may be an issue with graphics (in which you may need to see if your graphics card is compatible in some EPs and SPs or lower your settings), but saying that Mac computers suck just doesn't make any sense. They use some of the same products as PCs which, by the way, are also having issues with The Sims 3.
  • monsoanmonsoan Posts: 5
    edited December 2012
    this is so stupid and unprofessional . can't someone play normally without the game lagging and crashing ?
    edited December 2012
    ashjack20 wrote:
    Can someone explain to me why everyone keeps insisting that Mac is the problem when really it's the bloody game?

It's always been very fashionable to put Apple products down. Pre iMac and post Return-of-the-Mac. I was actually a rabid Mac hater pre-OS 7.5, and I parroted everything everyone said without verifying any of it. It sounded cool, it sounded plausible, and it sure felt good to be smug! And then Windows 95 came out, and I ended up on a team at work where I was forced to actually use and support Apple products.

In later jobs, I had equal representation with Windows and Mac OS (both pre and post OS X), and finally, I ditched support for Windows altogether. It was like some kind of storybook where you end up marrying the person you initially hate. Heck, I even worked for Apple for quite a while (which only made me hate the company a little, truthfully).

The lesson I learned in all of it was: platform wars are for suckers, and I've made my own choice about the computing tools I use. Other people make theirs. I respect their choices and ask that they respect mine.

But there will always be people who were like I was. They want to parrot what the cool people have said and feel smug. Usually, they don't research that stuff or have first hand experience; they don't actually know. But that doesn't stop anyone!

And these days, Apple branded computers and no-brand PCs use the same dang hardware (standards, not specifically - though sometimes specifically, too). When it comes down to OS, it's just preference. All the old crap about how Apple computers are 'not good for games' or are 'really good for graphics' or any of that stuff is just that - old crap.

...I wrote all this while waiting for my response to EA to go through. Aaaargh it's not gonnnaaaa is iiiiit.
  • MOOKIESMOOKIES Posts: 16
    edited December 2012
    I've been playing The sims since 3rd Grade, and I'm in my second year of college!! I just wanted to sim out during my winter break, but instead I'm constantly worried about it crashing, which happens everyday. What seems to help is going to Go, hold-ALT and Library and deleting the Sims preferences before playing. I can't believe I've wasted $40 dollars on a game I can barely play.
    edited December 2012
    Yeah, I've bought the base games, all the stuff packs, all the expansion packs and almost all the store content.

I feel like a total sucker.

What really gets me is that the more money I give EA, the less pleasant my experience becomes. What the heck?
  • einobeeinobe Posts: 5
    edited December 2012
    I want to buy the new Italian town but I have the "crashes to desktop" when trying to save issue. I don't want to have to research all over the web to find a way to make my game work. This is way too complicated and takes all the fun out of playing. I have went back to playing Sims 2 on my PC. I have so many expansion packs on that game and I never really fully explored them. So Im having fun with that and wont buy anything else for Sims 3.

I actually got sad watching the producers video with the 2 girls for Monte Vista. Deleted Sims from my Facebook and emails go straight to junkmail. I don't even want to be reminded of the time and money I wasted.