August 7 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here!
Are you ready for the The Sims Spark'd? Discuss the final episode here! Don't forget to use spoiler tags! Need a refresher? Click here!

TS3 impressions and observations

Notes on Game:
Download Manager in launcher is painfully slow and downloads often error out. Best to download only one thing at once.
Running on:
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.090302-1506)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Pavilion tx2500 Notebook PC
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual-Core QL-60 (2 CPUs), ~1.9GHz
Memory: 2812MB RAM
And:
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics (0x9612)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9612&SUBSYS_30F1103C&REV_00
Display Memory: 1460 MB
Dedicated Memory: 309 MB

-Graphics on highest settings except for screen resolution (I prefer 800 x 600) and lot rendering. Fast load times and almost no lag. Performs much better on this computer than TS2 and all its EPs. You don’t need a super computer to have a good experience with this game.
-Faces very similar no matter what you do, but that doesn’t matter much to me because I have great difficulty distinguishing faces in RL and rely on other visual cues.
-Most facial hair is ugly so I usually only use the stubble
-Overall, I think sims are more attractive/realistic than TS2 other than the round faces (more noticeable in CAS than in-game).
-Lots of clothing options for all ages. I haven’t figured out how to use Create a Style yet. Many more clothing options than TS2.
-A lot of hairstyles for base game. There are only a few styles for kids and toddlers but they are cute ones. I especially like the little girl pigtails.
-all dressers are two-tiled, would like some one tiled dressers for space reasons.
-some new objects (my favourite is the sprinkler which kids can run through).
-time goes very slowly when sims are sleeping even on highest speed
--sims take care of their own needs well. I’m trying to figure out the more complex aspects of the game.
-seamless neighbourhood concept works well with no lag. Sometimes when walking to a lot several houses down, it takes a short time for textures to show up.
-Overall rating 9.5/10

Comments

• NalynaNalyna Posts: 8
    edited June 2009
    Yeah I find the time doesn't go quick enough during sleep as well. Nice review :)
  • AstromiciAstromici Posts: 114 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Why do you prefer a smaller resolution?
  • zeppelin123zeppelin123 Posts: 860 Member
    edited June 2009
    This laptop has a small screen and I have difficulty with tracking.