Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I THOUGHT IMAGINARY FRIENDS WERE SUPPOSED TO BE RARE

I have a sims family they have two sets of twins. All four of them are girls and every single one has an imaginary friend! I thought they were supposed to be RARE! Why do they all have the doll? :?

Comments

• Melbana9Melbana9 Posts: 262 Member
    edited June 2011
    hmm just lucky i guess :)
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited June 2011
    I think it maybe has something to do with personal traits. I have had it only for 2 toddlers and other one was loner...
  • jenx100jenx100 Posts: 213
    edited June 2011
    Lucky!! none of my sims have had any yet....
  • CuddlyBunCuddlyBun Posts: 6,514 New Member
    edited June 2011
    It's a 50% chance, so not really that rare.
  • KalaniCoolKalaniCool Posts: 64 Member
    edited June 2011
    I think I will have them all marry their imaginary frieds. lol
  • 169wow169wow Posts: 904 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Ok, sorry if this is the wrong thread for this. But I don't want to start a forum for something so small. :)

But, my toddler got an IF. And now she is a child, but aren't the IF supposed to age up as well? And her older sister had one too. But it never aged past the toddler stage?
  • CuddlyBunCuddlyBun Posts: 6,514 New Member
    edited June 2011
    169wow wrote:
    Ok, sorry if this is the wrong thread for this. But I don't want to start a forum for something so small. :)

But, my toddler got an IF. And now she is a child, but aren't the IF supposed to age up as well? And her older sister had one too. But it never aged past the toddler stage?
    Your sim has to play with them a LOT as a toddler for them to be real.
  • 169wow169wow Posts: 904 New Member
    edited June 2011
    CuddlyBun wrote:
    169wow wrote:

Oh, I didn't really want them to be real. I just saw in some simmer's pictures that they had IF that were in the child stage, but they were still IF. I'll probably figure it out sometime.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited June 2011
    KalaniCool wrote:
    I have a sims family they have two sets of twins. All four of them are girls and every single one has an imaginary friend! I thought they were supposed to be RARE! Why do they all have the doll? :?

odd :?

Iv'e only had one out of 4 babys :!:
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• ShannabelShannabel Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    I was reading up earlier there not RARE because if a family has a toddler a mysterious family member sends an IF via post and when the parent gets the mail from the post box the IF doll goes straight into the toddlers inventory but instead of me say this and that i will post a link so you can see for your self :)http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Imaginary_Friend
  • BrandiBugBrandiBug Posts: 1,313 Member
    edited June 2011
    It's a random chance I thought?
    giphy.gif
  • princess72princess72 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2011
    All of my sim babies have gotten them so far
  • kuntrygurl93kuntrygurl93 Posts: 34 Member
    edited June 2011
    Every baby my sim has had got an imaginary friend
  • KalaniCoolKalaniCool Posts: 64 Member
    edited June 2011
    Shannabel wrote:
    I was reading up earlier there not RARE because if a family has a toddler a mysterious family member sends an IF via post and when the parent gets the mail from the post box the IF doll goes straight into the toddlers inventory but instead of me say this and that i will post a link so you can see for your self :)
    So they always get one? Or there is just a high chance?
  • AwgustAwgust Posts: 1,222 New Member
    edited June 2011
    CuddlyBun wrote:
    169wow wrote:

Define a lot :lol:
  • VictoriousSimmerVictoriousSimmer Posts: 2,715
    edited June 2011
    Not exactly real but... For them to age up with your sims, they have to sing and play with them.
  • RivvyGibbyRivvyGibby Posts: 61 Member
    edited June 2011
    All of my sim babies have been given them too. Four so far. I only got one of them to actually play with theres, I left the others in the mailbox. I wish it was more rare!
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited June 2011
    All of my babies born since Generations was installed has gotten one in the mail. I haven't had any toddlers existing before Generations or toddlers created in CAS since Generatons get one.

The toddlers have to play with the doll a lot. If they do when the toddler ages to child the doll ages also. If they become friends at some point you'll get the interaction to "offer to turn real".

Instead of hunting for a rainbow gem I used the potion from the chemistry set to bring the IF to life and got a very attractive Sim with dark hair and a greenish cast to it.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • heathervgraceheathervgrace Posts: 155 Member
    edited June 2011
    I've had six children in Generations so far and all of them have had IF so I assume they're not that rare. Which is a shame, because I don't like them.
  • BeaEllaBeaElla Posts: 366 Member
    edited June 2011
    All my Generations born babies have them too and I can't delete them unless I used a cheat... At first I thought it was super cute, but now I honestly find them annoying. Also my toddlers didn't play with their skill toys because they were busy playing with the dolls.
    My chaotic simblr