Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Traits Battle: Family-Orientated vs. Nuturing

Which one is best for families? Is there a difference? Are they the same? Which is best for which age?

Discuss.

Comments

• Jojo777Jojo777 Posts: 21,909 Member
    edited June 2011
    Ahh, I don't know, I'm honestly not all clear on what the difference is.

One thing I noticed though- my sim with the Nurturing trait can teach toddlers their skills way more quickly than any other sim I've had before. She has both Nurturing and Family-Oriented, but previous sims I've had with just Family-Oriented never taught toddlers that quickly.
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    edited June 2011
    If you want to raise a large family or run a daycare, both of them are excellent together. I think to make a daycare run more successfully the nurturing trait is an absolute must.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • tippetmasstertippetmasster Posts: 43
    edited June 2011
    I found that sims with the family oriented trait are just more inclined to have positive reactions to kids and family activities. Meanwhile nurturing sims are better able to deal with parenting actions like teaching kids to walk or giving out punishments. Sims with a nurturing parent are also less likely to rebel. EA added the nurturing trait in response to the new day care career where sims must deal with large numbers of kids at one time.
  • simsfan95173simsfan95173 Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited June 2011
    Jojo777 wrote:
    Family-Oriented never taught toddlers that quickly.

Really?

Sims with the Family-Orientated trait is suppose to teach toddler skills quicker. I saw a difference compared to sims who have neither.

So I see that Nurturing is best, or better together.

Thanks guys :)

More feedback is welcome.

I have three sims in my game right now. One with Nurturing, one with Family-Orientated, and a newborn baby. Guess I'm going to find out :)