Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hitched! Volume Four! Dark Hearts: Assignment Two! See Page Five for link to next assignment

ยซ13
HitchedV4Banner.jpg

Since it was the first round, I will not be eliminating anyone! I also want to thank everyone for showing up and participating! We had no drops or no shows! :o Also thank you for being patient with me on scores. Thought I'd have more time this weekend than I have lol.

Okay, I know you are all waiting for scores!

Scores.jpg

FirstPlace.jpg

Tied for first! Simanims and Kelren

Simanims

nightlove.jpg

JKA
Creativity: 24
Quality: 24
Relation: 25
Pose: 24
Total: 97
Comments: This shot is really gorgeous, and the cityscape in the background just really makes it! You've

done wonderfully with the details, but I took off because I really like to see their faces in this comp.

I also would have liked to see something different than a graveyard, but you have done an excellent job

creating this one! I also love the camera angle.

PK
Creativity 24/25
General Quality 25/25
Relation to assignment/ portrayal 25/25
Pose 24/25

Total 98/100

Comments: This entry I think really set the bar for the rest of the competition. The scene you created while a common idea โ€˜โ€™the graveyardโ€™โ€™ is so rich with detail, from the statues to the city backdrop to the full moon, everything really made this a pleasure to look at. The pose/interaction you chose wasnโ€™t super creative but did help to set the emotion for the scene; I hope in future assignments we get to see more of your models faces though. I look forward to seeing more of these beautiful sets from you.

Total: 195

Kelren

taOgV.jpg

JKA
Creativity: 25
Quality: 24
Total: 98
Comments: I think this is one of my favorite pictures! It is a *little dark* but you can still see your

couple very well. The little roof ornament was a nice touch. Very refreshing, original idea. Don't have

much to complain about with this one!

PK
Creativity 25/25
General Quality 24/25
Relation to assignment/ portrayal 24/25
Pose 24/25

Total 97/100

Comments: Simple but very effective. Your romantic spot was definitely one of the more creative ideas and while there isnโ€™t a huge amount of detail in the shot it worked extremely well, all the depth you added was amazing. The angle you took the shot from was great also. I did wish there was a little more color, a splash somewhere, we got a little taste with Scarlettโ€™s lipstick but it felt like it needed a little more somewhere just to make the shot catch the eye more. The poses were put together well, there didnโ€™t seem to be much romance or connection between the two of them, that emotion was part of the assignment your picture didnโ€™t really give me.

Total: 195

SecondPlace.jpg
Tied for Second place: Pixie and Amiee!

Pixie

qpf1wn.png

JKA
Quality: 23
Total: 96
Comments: Your setting for this pic is just gorgeous! Loving the fog and all the overgrown grass, etc.

The rain is weirding me out a bit with the green color, but you've done a great job with the details in

the pic. Again, I know they aren't totally at a graveyard, but it's still the majority of the theme and

I'd liked to have seen something different.

PK
Creativity 25/25
General Quality 24/25
Pose 24/25

Total 97/100

Comments: Gorgeous picture. The quality is great, it is teetering on the edge of being sharpened just a bit too much though. The graveyard angle was an overused one in this assignment, but you did take a fantastic angle with it with having your romantic spot be the park that has a graveyard nearby. The rain effects really set a beautiful scene, and thereโ€™s just the right amount of color from the umbrella, the brick and the flowers in the park grass. The poses were a little boring and there didnโ€™t seem to be that romantic interaction or connection between Amber and Nate that the assignment theme implied. Overall a very beautiful picture to start the cycle with.

Total: 193

Amiee

donew.jpg

JKA
Creativity: 25
Relation: 24
Total: 96
Comments: Yay! This one really is bright and punk! Which is incredibly refreshing! Good composition and

great camera angle! Not super crazy about the music notes. I understand it's hard to avoid without mods.

My main thing about this pic is that I kinda wish they were doing something that involved more of a

romantic connection. However I'm still lovin this one!

PK
Creativity 25/25
General Quality 24/25
Pose 24/25

Total 97/100

Comments: LOVE the angle you took this from!! All the colors are fantastic itโ€™s nice to have a punk raver couple to break up all the gothic entries. The poses were ok, Catoโ€™s was a bit odd, probably would have made more sense if there were some bubbles or some smoke or something coming out of his mouth and I was looking for some kind of romantic connection between your couple due to the theme of the assignment, which I didnโ€™t really get from their poses. The band in the background is great, love the psychedelic lama on the drum set, but the musical notes kinda rip away some of the reality. The vintage pin up poster on the wall didnโ€™t really seem to fit the whole scene either.

Total: 193

Shizuko

Screenshot-266-2-1.jpg

JKA
Pose: 23
Total: 94
Comments: Very refreshing setting! *Almost* too grungy, but it comes together nicely. They look very

cute and cozy together, and you've done a great job with the ghosts. I'd love to see the camera closer to

them, and maybe looking at them a little from the sight and not totally head on to make it a little more

interesting.

PK
Creativity 25/25
General Quality 24/25
Pose 22/25

Total 96/100

Comments: Very creative Romantic spot. I think yours was the most โ€˜โ€™out thereโ€™โ€™ idea that was used. All the clutter items worked well, as did all the grungy patterns. The ghostly apparitions were edited in very well too. Itโ€™s the second time that pose player pose was used, I do hope itโ€™s not a sign that everyone is going to rely on the couples pose packs for the whole competition since it will get old very quickly. I do wish there was a bit more of a creative camera angle going on just to really make the entry stand out, but I do look forward to seeing more of your amazing set building skills as the competition progresses.

Total: 191

Early

hitched1.png

JKA
Total: 95
Comments: I love love love the idea of them hanging out in a treehouse! And I think that those lamps are a

really cute idea, but I think there are too many roses. Even though the lighting on your couple is a

little dark, it does have a nice softness to it like warmth from the candles. I also think that it looks

almost a tad big to be a tree house. I thinks omethign that would help set the scene would be a small

window and you could maybe see a tree branch through it.

PK
Creativity 24/25
General Quality 24/25
Pose 22/25

Total 95/100

Comments: The tree-house idea is really cute, I was a bit disappointed myself to find that the tree-houses in generations are rabbit holes. Love the fact that Alexander and Constance have matching outfits. The clutter items are great but I think you went a bit overboard with all the roses. Another lovely but overused couple pose from pose player, remember even though they are there using them doesnโ€™t earn you points in the creativity department hehe. I think the shot would have been more effective if you had zoomed in a bit and dropped the camera down too, just to give us an increased feeling of intimacy.

Total: 190

Simpixie

9gy7ut.jpg

JKA
Creativity: 22
Total: 93
Comments: What I like about this pic is that they are both looking at each other yet you can still see

their faces, however the pose in general feels a little akward. The fog looks good and so does the camera

angle, but again I'd like to see a setting other than the graveyard.

PK
Creativity 23/25
General Quality 24/25
Pose 22/25

Total 94/100

Comments: Ramonaโ€™s dress is really lovely; her whole outfit actually looks fantastic. You did a pretty good job of creating a fairly interesting graveyard set but in comparison to a couple of the others it wasnโ€™t as detailed or well thought out. Very different poses to choose for this assignment, was great to see Ramona and Zach looking in each otherโ€™s direction but those dancing poses are used a lot in modelling pictures. However overall if the set had had a bit more oomph or a little something to set it apart from all the other graveyard entries this probably would have scored higher

Total: 187

Simslover

jXowF.jpg

JKA
Total: 94
Comments: This picture I notice right off hand has great composition and you've done a good job making

your couple close to the camera. I like the camera angle, but not crazy about the effect thats been put

on the pic. Combined with the camera angle, it makes me feel a lil drunk lol. I actually REALLY like the

pose where theya re just kind of looking awesome and holding hands. I did take off a few points because I

wanted to see something other than the cemetary/graveyard.

PK
Creativity 21/25
General Quality 23/25
Pose 21/25

Total 90/100

Comments: The set you created looks really gothic, I didnโ€™t quite get that graveyard feel from it though. Acai and Victoriaโ€™s outfitโ€™s are really well picked, you can kinda see that they might both have their own particular style which sets them apart from one another, since they do look very similar in facial features. The poses were boring, was expecting a little more creativity in that department, and the glow/blurry effect around the edges did nothing to enhance the picture, I know itโ€™s one of your favourite effects to use on your pictures but it really doesnโ€™t make them look any better and sometimes really takes away from the picture itself.

Total: 184

Spychip

Screenshot-1435.jpg

JKA
Creativity: 23
Quality: 22
Total: 93
Comments: One thing that's always made me feel guilty about hosting/judging this comp is that you really

can't use kissing poses, because it always kind of hides the face. I know this is more of a storytelling

comp, but I always miss their expressions and this comp is really all about the lovely pair so they need

to kind of shine. I love the idea and the writing on the wall was a great idea! I wish your couple was a

little closer to the camera and I sort of feel like the objects are sort of randomly placed and I find my

eye wandering to the clock. It seems like it just stands out too much. Otherwise I can't see what

happens next with these two!

PK
Creativity 22/25
General Quality 21/25
Pose 22/25

Total 89/100

Comments: You have some really interesting clutter items at your disposal I see, I look forward to your sets progressing as the competition goes on. I like the idea that you had, and the little story you have that goes along with it, but the house to me doesnโ€™t look very run down. The floorboards are quite fashionable and the walls are nicely painted, try to do some experimenting with recoloring patterns to get that grunge effect, or perhaps go hunting for some grunge patterns in particular for wood and metal. Nice but safe pose for this assignment, but it would have been more effective if the camera wasnโ€™t so far away from them and at a different angle. The giant clock face is what really threw me, I couldnโ€™t work out whether it was a huge clock resting against the wall, or an oddly floating wall mounted clock, so be careful where you place things within your set.

Total: 182

[********[/b]

hitchedassign1.png

JKA
Total: 92
Comments: I like the idea of this and that you didn't use the common graveyard idea. The picture is nice

and really does look like they are sharing a tender moment. I'm not sold on the scenery however, it

doesn't really feel like a pretty lake. I might suggest changing the camera angle so that you can see

both of their faces. One thing I do in many shots is get the pose and camera angle then I fill in the

background with the surroundings. I find it an easy way to create a setting that is going to be

interesting without overpowering your sims.

PK
Creativity 20/25
General Quality 19/25
Pose 22/25

Total 86/100

Comments: I love the name Raif, the first time I ever heard it was on Survivor on a season I only just recently watched too lol. Moira and Raifโ€™s streaked hair is very funky and I like the fact their highlights match their wardrobe too. It was a nice idea to have their romantic place down by a nearby lake, you could have utilised the theme of the competition more in your portrayal of it though. The set needed some more details, some plants at least, it looks very barren. Iโ€™m not anti pose player, I use it myself, but I think the couples poses arenโ€™t overly creative when it comes down to making a big impression with a picture, especially when they are used so commonly now.

Total: 178

Maezinha

Screenshot-2400.jpg

JKA
Quality: 21
Pose: 22
Total: 90
Comments: I like the angle that this shot was taken and I'm glad it was taken pretty close up to the

couple, but it is a really dark picture and I really can't see much detail. I also took points off

because the cemetary idea wasn't very creative and You really can't see her face. I might suggest in the

future for better lighting using the buydebug lights. Just enable the testing cheats then type on

buydebug. Under miscellaneous there are lots of lights that are square shaped and they disappear when you

go in live mode.

PK
Creativity 21/25
General Quality 19/25
Pose 22/25

Total 87/100

Comments: I like the multiple levels you created in the background with your graveyard set, really made tombstones and bushes look that little bit more interesting. Safe pose for this assignment, but you did catch it from a fairly nice angle. Your shot really needed some light it was probably the area that really let you down. Even though this is a gothic/dark competition you still need to have enough light that your models can be seen clearly. One or two outdoor spotlight lights sitting at the right angles and distance away from Angel and Cornilia can help give their outfits and skin just a bit more dimension

Total: 177

ladybug

161c414.jpg

JKA
Creativity: 23
Pose: 22
Total: 92
Comments: I was hoping to see some pics at a club! I like the camera angle shifted to the side and thier

poses are sweet, like he's being a little shy. The setting is confusing me and the lighting makes it

harder to see exactly what is going on. Are they outside of the club?

PK
Creativity 22/25
General Quality 20/25
Relation to assignment/ portrayal 22/25
Pose 21/25

Total 85/100

Comments: Very good start to the competition. I love Cato and Hellokittys style; itโ€™s very different to every other model in the line up and really makes them stand out. I do like the black light effect on them it suits their personality, but you do have to be careful about having enough light on your models that they can be seen, Dark styled comp doesnโ€™t mean poorly lit pictures hehe. The poses were a bit boring, though we couldnโ€™t really get the full effect of the interaction between the two of them due to you opting for a headshot instead of a body or mid shot. Overall, I really liked the idea; it would have worked much better if we could have seen more of their surroundings. It was an assignment about their favourite place, but we hardly got to see it in your picture, so be mindful about the theme next time.

Total: 177

jz8tDGb.png
Steam: JKAmaryllis

Comments

• JKAmaryllisJKAmaryllis Posts: 3,741 Member
    edited June 2011
    Couples.jpg

HCB.jpg

SimsARL (Alexander and Constance) :mrgreen:

Spychip (Carrick and Terralyn) :mrgreen:

amieechu (Helvetica and Cato) :mrgreen:

Shizuko87 (Damien and Alice) :mrgreen:

simslover740 (Acai and Victoria) :mrgreen:

Simanims (Elizabeth and Tristen) :mrgreen:

kelren (Ashe and Scarlett) :mrgreen:

pixie30 (Nate and Amber Damage) :mrgreen:

ashpie88 (Raif and Moira)

ladybug65 (Cato and KelloKitty) :mrgreen:

Maezinha (Angel and Cornilia Neverland) :mrgreen:

Simpixie2255 (Zach and Ramona Clear) :mrgreen:

Assignment.jpg

halloween-couple-dress-up.jpg

haunted-halloween-couple-wedding.jpg

I know I'm a little out of season, but for this assignment I want to know what your couple did on Halloween! Did they make a special night of it? Or was it just like every other day? There are TONS of ways to go with this one, but I don't want to list them because I don't want it to feel less creative if you do one of my ideas... if that makes sense.

Due Tuesday, June 14

Judges.jpg

JKA
    [img]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/sweetferocious/Sims 3/Simself.png "width=200"[/img]

PK
    PistolKitten.jpg

Tips.jpg
    Press ctrl, shift and C to pull up your cheat menu.

buydebug on: adds a menu in your buy mode and gives you tons of stuff that will be helpful especially in a sci-fi fantasy comp like this. There are also some invisible lights, very helpful for lighting your sims' faces!

moveobjects on: Just incredibly useful all around. I can't even begin to go over the uses for this.

hideheadlineeffects on: gets rid of those pesky thought bubbles and plumbobs.

Hold in alt while moveobjects is on so your object/sim won't snap to a grid!

Press tab when in live mode to help with picture taking.
    Camera controls:
    W - forward
    S - back
    A - Left
    D - Right
    E - Tilts up
    Q - tilts down
    Shift plus A - Rolls to the left
    Shift plus D - Rolls to the right
    Z- zoom in
    X - Zoom out
    Shift and S - reset

Rules.jpg

1. If there is a drop or no show there will not be an elimination.
    2. I understand that there are some times when you can't continue for one reason or another, but I think it's EXTREMELY rude to just not show up. I know I can't enforce this, but please if you have decided not to continue, please let us know!
    3. Please ask for extensions if needed. They will will be granted if a reasonable request.
    4. Changes to models: This is something I'm extremely lenient with. I mainly want them recognizable as the same person. Sometimes your game gets borked, etc and you need to make a new model and that's fine.... or sometimes you decide to uninstall a skin and need to change their skin.. that's also fine. Just try to keep their facial features the same so we can recognize them. You can change hair color (that's kind of a common thing in goth/punk anyway) and style of course. If you have any questions about it just ask
    5. Same sex couples are allowed.
    6. Editing is allowed, but just realize that editing may help OR hurt you. Just depends on how it looks.
    7. Because my job has a random unpredictable schedule, due dates will probably be a little over a week. This doesn't mean I want to wait forever for people to turn in their assignments though.

Announcements.jpg

Nothing yet xD
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    jz8tDGb.png
    edited June 2011
    Hitched C4 A2 Scores

Simanims wrote:
    "OK do your zombie pose....hmm needs a bit more..."

For Halloween Elizabeth and Tristen spend most pf their time painting on their make-up rather than roaming the streets. Its more fun for the creative souls they are :)

click for full :)

hitchedmakeup.jpg"width=640"

ladybug65 wrote:
    Halloween. Halloween is our favorite time of the year because the oddballs like us can get dressed up and hang out with normal people if we knew anyone normal. We spend our Halloween planning a big party with fog machines and lignts and a dance floor then we dress up (Hello Kitty= Hello Kitty; Cato= Hobo) and we than invite our friends(to bad we have none).So with no one else at our party we hang around and than we cuddle up together and watch some t.v. our chill on the floor untill daybreak comes.

29ehht1.jpg

Spychip wrote:
    Here's my entry! I got it done pretty fast ;)

[img]https://๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ.googleusercontent.com/-HOgrGffXRK0/Te0Neiw6kHI/AAAAAAAACjc/uVennUcGTU8/s800/Screenshot-1538.jpg[/img]

We have fun on Halloween! Carrick is so reserved and quiet most of the time, it's the one night of the year that he can just have fun!
    Neighbors scoff and call us too old to Trick or Treat, like we care!
    nzod9u.jpg
    This year for Halloween Ramona and Zach wanted to surprise each other with with their costumes. They decided to meet outside their friend Levi's annual party. When they meet at the corner they both burst out laughing because they had the same idea. They dressed up as normal people. Nobody knew who they were for awhile.

SimsARL wrote:
    Assignment Two

This Halloween, Alexander and Constance decided to stay home and tell ghost stories. Turns out the real ghosts didn't like the stories too much...
    [img]http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww91/xBurntApplex/hitched2.png "width=640 height=480"[/img]

Hehe, I was lazy and re used the same ghosties I used in Inspiration. xD
    Maezinha wrote:
    For Halloween Cornilia and Angel decided to go their friend's annual Halloween Party and they dressed with school uniform as private school goth students and it totally crazy and everyone loved it that theiy won the best costume in the party!!!!!

Screenshot-2582-1.jpg

Shizuko87 wrote:
    Screenshot-395-1.jpg
    Damien and Alice decided to host a Halloween party but then they realized they didn't have any guests. Everyone they knew never seem to be in the Halloween spirit anymore. So they found a spell book and decided to summon some spirits to join them, they all had a blast!
    amieechu wrote:
    catlnk.jpg

Full Size: http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/8646/catce.jpg

What's a better way to celebrate Halloween than drinking, Pokemon battles, and some hardcore competitive gaming? Helvetica and Cato enjoy dressing up as Pokemon trainers and throwing one heck of a party each year.

pixie30 wrote:

Assignment Two

Every halloween the couple decorate the house, and get dressed up, but not a for party no, but to celebrate a special event, the day they met when they were children dressed up playing in on swings and the grass. They have a romanitic dinner in their house, enjoying the quietness of their home. Although neither of them could cook so they usally just ordered food in.
    Nate isn't one for liking the quiet, because his party animal nature sometimes takes over but on halloween he tries his hardest to ignore the unusal loud music comming from the outside world and focus on his girl.
    2yzbgwh.png

kelren837 wrote:
    After enjoying a night of partying at their favorite club, Ashe and Scarlett spent Halloween in the basement...look who got caught!

xkQt4.jpg

For Halloween, me and Acai decided to visit a witch friend of ours.. We decided to become giants. For the night. It was fun dancing around.. Everyone scared.. Too bad the forget that morning!
    ZEbkL.jpg

ashpie88 wrote:
    hitchedassign2.png

Raif and Moira had plans to attend a Halloween party. While Raif was waiting on Moira to put the finishing touches on her sexy-kitty costume, he couldn't help but fantasize. Let's just say they never saw the Halloween party that night.
    jz8tDGb.png
  • pixie30pixie30 Posts: 6,039 Member
    edited June 2011
    the rain was that colour don't know why :S
    anyway, thankyou for scores i will try and shrapen it less a little lol ;)
    seen the next assignment
    edited June 2011
    Can't wait to see what you come up with :D
    jz8tDGb.png
  • Simpixie2255Simpixie2255 Posts: 2,945 New Member
    edited June 2011
    seen it and have a fun idea!

Not to disappointed with my scores, got my pic in pretty fast.
  • hushfireflyhushfirefly Posts: 1,931 Member
    edited June 2011
    [img]http://www.๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ.com/view4/1665489/halloween-town-o.gif[/img]
    Come with us and you will see
    This, our town of Halloween
    This is Halloween, this is Halloween...
    Every little piece of your life, will mean something to someone.
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
  • SimanimsSimanims Posts: 1,603 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Seen it! Thanks for the lovely comments gals :)
    edited June 2011
    [img]http://www.๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ.com/view4/1665489/halloween-town-o.gif[/img]
    Come with us and you will see
    This, our town of Halloween
    This is Halloween, this is Halloween...

:D:D

jz8tDGb.png
  • Sun2401Sun2401 Posts: 4,992 Member
    edited June 2011
    :shock:wow, that was an amazing first round!
  • amieechuamieechu Posts: 947 Member
    edited June 2011
    Ooooo~ I like this idea :D
    edited June 2011
    Amiee: are you in chat? I might need some halp xD
    jz8tDGb.png
  • ladybug65ladybug65 Posts: 696 Member
    edited June 2011
    Seen it
    2lijr.png
  • SimsARLSimsARL Posts: 14,884 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Seen it :)
  • SpychipSpychip Posts: 804
    edited June 2011
    Seen it!
  • ashpie88ashpie88 Posts: 3,163 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Seen it.
  • SimanimsSimanims Posts: 1,603 New Member
    edited June 2011
    "OK do your zombie pose....hmm needs a bit more..."

For Halloween Elizabeth and Tristen spend most pf their time painting on their make-up rather than roaming the streets. Its more fun for the creative souls they are :)

click for full :)

hitchedmakeup.jpg"width=640"
    edited June 2011
    Halloween. Halloween is our favorite time of the year because the oddballs like us can get dressed up and hang out with normal people if we knew anyone normal. We spend our Halloween planning a big party with fog machines and lignts and a dance floor then we dress up (Hello Kitty= Hello Kitty; Cato= Hobo) and we than invite our friends(to bad we have none).So with no one else at our party we hang around and than we cuddle up together and watch some t.v. our chill on the floor untill daybreak comes.

29ehht1.jpg
    2lijr.png
  • PistolkittenPistolkitten Posts: 5,413 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Wow two fantastic entries already!
    edited June 2011
    ikr? awesome! I'll edit the post tonight. Gotta get canvas scores out before someone kills me lol
    jz8tDGb.png
    edited June 2011
    Aww Ladybug my couple will be your couple's friends. :3
    edited June 2011
    Haha. The two Cato's will be friends and there girlfriends will tag along
    2lijr.png
  • SpychipSpychip Posts: 804
    edited June 2011
    ladybug65 wrote:
    Double date!
    edited June 2011
    I've always wanted to see guest appearances like that in an entry lol
    jz8tDGb.png
    edited June 2011
    ladybug65 wrote:
    Yesss! They will get along like peas in a pod... or safety pins and ripped jeans.
  • SimsARLSimsARL Posts: 14,884 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I hope to get to work on this tomorrow :D

Btw, love your entry simanims :)