Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Imaginary friend problem?

Okay, I jsut got generations and I updated it and everything...no problems except for the imaginary friend (IF) So my sim had a baby and the baby got an IF in the mail so she started palying with it and stuff but ever since she aged up either through 'Trigger age' or the 'birthday cake' the IF does NOT age up with her....The same goes for my second sim's baby....The IF's are jsut stuck as dolls, the way they were sent through the mail...I dont get it! Am I missing something? Or is it a bug/glitch. :evil: :roll:

Comments

• Options
    cholia1234cholia1234 Posts: 913 New Member
    edited June 2011
    anyone? :-)
  • Options
    grayestnovagrayestnova Posts: 5
    edited June 2011
    I had this problem too, here's what I did.

use the testingcheatsenabled true cheat, then left click on the sim and use the enter CAS option. Turn your sim back into a toddler, and then make sure the doll is in their inventory. The IF should age up when you trigger the age transaction then, the main thing is to make sure the doll is in your sims inventory when you age them up.

My problem is I started a new family with a toddler I made in CAS, and that toddler did not get an imaginary friend. Iv'e been waiting for it to come in the mail but it has not come. Does anyone know how to get an IF for your CAS children?
  • Options
    grayestnovagrayestnova Posts: 5
    edited June 2011
    Oh, also, while your sim is a toddler make sure their relationship with the doll is really high. You should get a pop-up in the top right corner saying something about their special relationship
  • Options
    13crowns13crowns Posts: 40 Member
    edited June 2011
    I need help too! My sim kid has a very high relationship with the doll (or so the game is telling me) But it always stays as a doll! It didn't age up with her when her birthday was and yes she had him in her inventory.
    Also I get these messages that "He wants to come out and play! Let him out etc"
    I do let him out but nothing happens! :cry:
    Do anyone know how to fix this please?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Bump~
    Please I really need some feedback on what to do! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Kiks1309Kiks1309 Posts: 48 New Member
    edited June 2011
    i've grown two up so far...

i have them spend most of their toddler free time playing with it, then as they grow up stick it in their inventory. But then pretty much as soon as they've aged up, sometimes before the whole 'choose a trait' screen comes up i drag it out and stick it on the floor next to my sim. :) then like an hour later it grows into a child :D
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Oh my gosh! I'll try that but with another sims family because that sim is now a teenager and I don't want to lose everything :(...Anyways I'll see if it works and @ 13crowns I know!! it's getting really annoying, I'll try to figure it out then i'll see if i can help you...Thanks for the tips guys, i'll see if it works.. :lol: :roll:
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    :? Oh and grayestnova I dont think you can have your CAS children to have imaginary friends...I read it somewhere, it can only be the one's that were born in the game... :( I wish I could allow my sim kids I created in CAS to have IF'S but I can't....because it's a new toy that your new borns get...well some do and some don't, but bottom line is only your kids that are born in the game get a chance to have an imaginary friend...
  • Options
    ValourValour Posts: 19
    edited June 2011
    It's not supposed to be immediate. They don't become real as soon as you age them up. Rather as a toddler they play with them until a notification saying "[Toy's name] has become very special to [toddler] hopefully this connection will still exist later on in life!"
    That means the relationship will not increase between the toy and the child for the rest of the time.
    As a kid they can increase the relationship a bit more. After a while a notification saying "[Toy] would like to take a look around" or something, take it out of the kid's inventory and if they're not on the home lot at the time it will stay as a toy, and turn into an IF after they come back - otherwise it will happen straight away.
  • Options
    SoEasyBeinIzzySoEasyBeinIzzy Posts: 1,384
    edited June 2011
    I had this problem too, here's what I did.

use the testingcheatsenabled true cheat, then left click on the sim and use the enter CAS option. Turn your sim back into a toddler, and then make sure the doll is in their inventory. The IF should age up when you trigger the age transaction then, the main thing is to make sure the doll is in your sims inventory when you age them up.

My problem is I started a new family with a toddler I made in CAS, and that toddler did not get an imaginary friend. Iv'e been waiting for it to come in the mail but it has not come. Does anyone know how to get an IF for your CAS children?

Well, the first night for all the children I've had, is that you don't give them social attention. At least that's what I've done. When I put my sims to sleep, I let the mom take care of herself so that the baby is really lonely. Then it should be sent in the mail. But I'm not for sure.
  • Options
    BrendoushkaBrendoushka Posts: 141 Member
    edited June 2011
    The baby NOT necessarily has to be born in the game. I adopted a toddler due to my Sims couple still cannot have babies for some reason (or glitch) and as soon as the toddler arrived to the house the message pop up said that she received a gift from a distant uncle and it was the IF. Because I get impatient with the story progression I decided to use cheats to have all the needs static, at least for one whole night, and let the toddler gain that special bonding with IF. After I reached that goal, I rushed to trigger the age to a child (of course lol) and used all the options available to interact with the IF and finally the IF grew up as a child. Sorry about my desperation of using the cheats but I think some interactions are taking way too much time to accomplished and I cannot put on a side other Sims to take care of only one Sims needs to received some sort of benefit which in this case is to make the IF come to life, also I have to keep in mind that after that part is done then it will be the hunting for the rainbow gem and potion to make him/her become a Sim. It's tedious!
  • Options
    TheUsernameFoundTheUsernameFound Posts: 7,775 New Member
    edited June 2011
    You need a high relationship. When it will transform there will be a notification to place the doll on the floor to let it have it look around. It will then transform.
  • Options
    TheUsernameFoundTheUsernameFound Posts: 7,775 New Member
    edited June 2011
    They can also transform when your kid is a child. My first IF transformed then.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Thanks for all the posts and stories, I haven't gotten the chance to try yet but i'm guessing in order to turn your IF into a child IF you need to have a good relationship between the imaginary friend and the owner so A LOT of bonding I guess....then you put it in your invetory when he/she ages up..right? :lol:
  • Options
    perfectvelvetperfectvelvet Posts: 739 Member
    edited June 2011
    Mine were always on the floor and aged up with my sim.

However, now my dolls have disappeared. They're still best friends with the sims, but the dolls are no longer on my lot. :(
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Well that is the thing everybody! I do get the message that the doll wants to come out and play. I place the doll beside my simkid but nothing happens!
    -sigh- I will test around some more to see what might be the problem.
  • Options
    gayle_afcbgayle_afcb Posts: 157 Member
    edited June 2011
    cholia1234 wrote:
    :? Oh and grayestnova I dont think you can have your CAS children to have imaginary friends...I read it somewhere, it can only be the one's that were born in the game... :(

I made a new family/hood for generations, a young adult female & her toddler son. I moved them into the shotgun style lot in Sunset Valley. Paused as soon as I could to remodel. When I came out of build mode and unpaused the toddler was sat playing with his IF. There was no notification that he had received it but he was a CAS toddler so they can get them. I have had the pop up about it being his special friend etc. The toddler is due to age up in 2 days so I've not tried the aging the IF yet. (I would have but I forgot to save and as I added a memory shot on the Saturday just before the toddlers birthday party my game crashed and when I reloaded I was back to Weds am so had to replay it all!! :cry: )
  • Options
    SoEasyBeinIzzySoEasyBeinIzzy Posts: 1,384
    edited June 2011
    gayle_afcb wrote:
    cholia1234 wrote:
    :? Oh and grayestnova I dont think you can have your CAS children to have imaginary friends...I read it somewhere, it can only be the one's that were born in the game... :(

I made a new family/hood for generations, a young adult female & her toddler son. I moved them into the shotgun style lot in Sunset Valley. Paused as soon as I could to remodel. When I came out of build mode and unpaused the toddler was sat playing with his IF. There was no notification that he had received it but he was a CAS toddler so they can get them. I have had the pop up about it being his special friend etc. The toddler is due to age up in 2 days so I've not tried the aging the IF yet. (I would have but I forgot to save and as I added a memory shot on the Saturday just before the toddlers birthday party my game crashed and when I reloaded I was back to Weds am so had to replay it all!! :cry: )

This does not relate at all, but funny enough, I, too, had a YA Female (she had a daughter toddler) and in the shotgun style. lol. I just built onto the back so that she could have her own bathroom.
  • Options
    bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited June 2011
    cholia1234 wrote:
    Okay, I jsut got generations and I updated it and everything...no problems except for the imaginary friend (IF) So my sim had a baby and the baby got an IF in the mail so she started palying with it and stuff but ever since she aged up either through 'Trigger age' or the 'birthday cake' the IF does NOT age up with her....The same goes for my second sim's baby....The IF's are jsut stuck as dolls, the way they were sent through the mail...I dont get it! Am I missing something? Or is it a bug/glitch. :evil: :roll:

You must keep playing with it until it says "_____ has become a very special toy for Your Sims Name. If Your Sims Name likes it, they should keep playing with it."

Keep playing with it until the relationship pictures above the doll and your Sim stop appearing. Then, age up. If that doesn't work, as a child, keep playing with the doll until it says, "_____ would like to come out and play. Set him/her down and see what happens!" When that happens, stop playing or singing to the doll, go to your inventory, and click and drag your doll onto the ground.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    cholia1234 wrote:
    :? Oh and grayestnova I dont think you can have your CAS children to have imaginary friends...I read it somewhere, it can only be the one's that were born in the game... :( I wish I could allow my sim kids I created in CAS to have IF'S but I can't....because it's a new toy that your new borns get...well some do and some don't, but bottom line is only your kids that are born in the game get a chance to have an imaginary friend...

That is WRONG. WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG.

Create a toddler in CAS, and when you place your family on a lot they will have a much higher chance of already having a doll in their inventory.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    13crowns wrote:
    Well that is the thing everybody! I do get the message that the doll wants to come out and play. I place the doll beside my simkid but nothing happens!
    -sigh- I will test around some more to see what might be the problem.

You need to be patient. And you also need to give it room to grow.

Does anybody have any Mods or Custom Content not from The Sims 3 installed on their game?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Ahaha, Okay my mistake....It is then possible for your kid sims from CAS to have an IF...yes I ket making my child sim play with her IF and then a pop up came and said that _____ is a very special toy to ____ or something like that....she's still playing with her doll though....so when the interaction thing at the top of their heads stop comnig then i put it in her invetory when she ages up?? She only has 2 or 3 more days until becoming a teenager.....I better do this quick! :twisted:

Edit: I do not have any mods...but only safe cc from the exchange...
    Oh and i'm so sorry to hear that gayle :( hope you can earn everything back!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Update :mrgreen: I got it to work on another test family! I cheated thought but yes it worked noneless so now I know it isn't a mod conflict.
    What I did was having the kid play only with the doll for like 4 sim days. I got all the messages like "This toy is now very special to her etc etc"
    :D Then I aged her up with birthday cake but with the toy out on the kitchen floor! It then aged up right after her!
    Good luck to everyone who is having problems!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    :D Thanks 13crowns, i'll see if it works :mrgreen:...so i guess you dont need to put it in your invetory?...Ughh, well I'll see what will happen!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    No you don't need to put it in her inventory :D It can take up to a sim hour for something to happen thought! :P
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top