Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realistic suggestions and ideas

Comments

• Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited June 2009
    * Washer & Dryer! Would also like our sims to be able to iron their clothes.
    * Lawn Mower
    * Baby carriage/ stroller
    * Spiral staircases
    * Bunk beds
    * Boats, ships, yachts, houseboats, speedboats etc. Ability to go on a cruise or to go fishing in a boat! We should be able to follow our sims while they take a cruise or a boat ride.
    * Rideable Scooters, Motorbikes, antique cars, caravans and motorhomes
    * Sims farms with farm animals. Farm animals like cows, pigs, goats, sheep, chickens, ducks, turkey, horses etc. Sims can be farmers in the real sense. Sims dairy farm can produce and sell milk, eggs, cheese, butter, yoghurts, ice cream etc. They can sell their produce to the farmers’ market. New interactions could be milking cows, collecting the eggs from the hen coop, feeding the animals, grooming horses, cleaning the stables, sheering the sheep for wool, knit woollen wears from wool, collect honey etc. Sims farmers can have a tractor to work on the fields. Our sims can have a horse ranch too along with a stable and rideable horses and horse carriages!
    * Seasons in the game with rainfall, snowfall, blizzards, tornadoes, hailstorms etc. Must have umbrellas and raincoats for the rain!
    * Small animals like rabbits, deer, raccoons, woodpeckers, foxes etc. in the forest area in Sunset Valley
    * More patterns and textures for customization! Preferably modern and attractive patterns!
    * Curly hairs
    * Handbags/ purses/ rucksack
    * The ability to add any sized house in any free plot of land
    * Better car/ bicycle animation – the present animation looks really fake!
    * All those rabbit holes in the game opened! Would be cool to follow our sims inside the movie theatre, the stadium, grocery store, clothing store etc. Also, it would be neat if during grocery shopping we could select food items from the shelves with a click of a mouse and add to the shopping cart of our sims!
    * The ability to build conservatory/ sunroom, covered courtyards, rooftop swimming pools and attics
    * Addition of a train station and an airport with airplanes of course. Would like to follow our sims while they take a ride on a train or airplane. New careers could be pilots, steward/ stewardess, train conductors etc.
    * Sims 3 International ep where they will be a mini Europe, mini America, mini Africa, mini Australia, mini Asia etc. Also it would be neat to have famous landmarks in the game. For example Eiffel tower or Statue of Liberty! Would be interesting to have different climate, different landscapes, different architecture, different culture, different clothing, different food etc. in the game!
  • Options
    Walden95Walden95 Posts: 3,089 Member
    edited July 2009
    Everything I and what other people said in my other post right here
    It goes from parades, antique sales, disasters, and connecting neighborhoods so one Sim can visit a relative or Vacation in another.
    It also links similar posts like this one together, but all ideas are edited,quoted and organized onto the first page so you don't have to shift through them.

A link back to this page was created so please give it a look if you have spare time.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/26750.page
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    noclue642noclue642 Posts: 260 Member
    edited June 2009
    Ok so there are a ton of things that I miss from TS2, but I won't mention them because if the transition from TS2 - TS3 is similar to the transition from TS1 - TS2, there will be many similar EP's, or at least similar basic concepts so I'm not too worried about those things since I'm sure they will show up somewhere down the line. This IS a thread asking for suggestions completely original compared to previous Sims games, not an "I miss ___ from TS2" thread :wink:

Ok so a few ideas of mine, (I'm thinking of these as I type this out so none of these are thought out in the least bit, just kinda typing them as they pop in my head).

Schooling

I think there should be more interaction with kids in school! That would be realistic, no?

1. So when I was in school, I used to love field trips. It would be cool to incorporate that into the game. Similar to the "needing permission to visit friend's houses or having friends over after school", children and teens would need permission slips to go on field trips that parents could accept or decline. If parents delined, children (or teens) would get negative moodlets and the relationship meter would drop a few points (like how it was when I was in school haha). It would also be similar if the parents accepted (excited or happy moodlets and relationship meters would go up a few points).

2. (I haven't played many families with kids yet so if this is already incorporated in the game, I apologize ahead of time) It would be cool to have decisions pop up while the sim is at school. Similar to how in TS2, when Sims were at work, a pop up window would show up with a situation, and two choices to choose from. For example, lets say Tom goes to school and a window would pop up saying "Uh oh! Billy Bob, the school bully, just confronted Tom and told Tom to hand over his lunch money ... or else!" Does Tom hand over his lunch money and run to the nearest teacher crying like a little baby, or sock him in the nose and tell him to get a job? LOL that would be interesting. If he decided to go run and cry, the teacher would discipline Billy Bob , get Tom's lunch money back, and Tom would get his revenge. If he socked Billy Bob in the nose, he could get detention or groundation at home, (which brings me to #3)...

3. Groundation! That was a huge factor for me growing up! If kids grades drop below a "C", or if they have trouble at school (like socking Billy Bob in the nose for trying to steal their lunch money) TV, computer, and other "fun" objects would be off-limits for a time frame left to the discretion of the parents. If groundation is too short, the kid wouldn't learn a lesson. Or if groundation was too long, negative moodlets would arrise as well as dropped relationship meters and children and teens could lash out and act worse than the original problem that caused the groundation.

4. PTA meetings! Parents can choose to get involved in the PTA (Parent-Teacher Association). They would have weekly meetings and opportunites would arise. (School play or talent show? New computers or new gym equipment?) The desicions the parents make would affect the children's school days, opportunities, and moodlets (computer-whiz kids would be happier about new computers and athletic kids would be happier about new gym equipment). If a school play was decided, the children could opt to be in it and "practice lines" and gain charisma skill during practices and performances, or they could enter the talent shows with small cash prizes or free-homework passes!

So like I said, just a few ideas that just popped in my head as I typed. I think that would be pretty neat. Anyone else agree?
  • Options
    JP250JP250 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Raithie wrote:
    Although I love the sims 3 as it is, I admit there are a lot of things that I think could do with some more work. Post below your REALISTIC ideas that will actually be possible and would fit in with the game. Also, please make it readable and please don't turn this thread into a capslock rant about EA :P

Here are a few of my observations and suggestions...

-More clothes and hairstyles!
    -Shoulder, waist and bust sliders. Quite frankly i'm sick of all my female sims having the exact same figure, bar the larger or smaller stomach. I think it would be quite feasible and I don't think it would interfere with the rest of the game too much.
    -More social options. Although the traits have done a great job, I still think there should be some more. For example, the only advantage of having "great kissers" is they give a nice moodlet. How come there are only three kisses? "Shy kiss, kiss and make out." Come on, bring back the smooches! Lol.
    -Memories! It would be handy to know what your sim got up to when you leave for another household.
    -Dates. I think this is a must, they were quite fun before:)
    -More items! My house looks so empty. Especially lacking in recreational items such as pianos... a grand piano would be nice:)

Also, I think it would be cool if sims were able to initiate more things outside of the home. Such as going to the park and meeting someone. And if young adults looked for partners rather than babies, that would be great lol.

Oh, and one more thing. I think it would be cool if you could split up or divorce without having to hate each other first.

Phew... that was long. Anyway, remember to keep any patch or expansion ideas realistic! And for the love of god please don't just say "pets" or "university"... The sims 3 is NOT the sims 2! Let's keep it that way. I would rather something new than playing a slightly updated version of the sims 2... Try give uncontroversial ideas that will add more to the game and make it more customizable!

Keep replying and maybe this thread might get seen by EA...

Agreed
    +

-HEIGHT SLIDERS!
    -Much better muscle sliders, theres basically no difference between minimum and maximum you might as well not even bothered to include it

-some downtown like stuff, im not into the picturesque town and the massive lots GIVE ME URBAN!

-body hair

- You still can't do half stairways off a foundation and include it inside the house? WHY!?
  • Options
    TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    edited June 2009
    I definitely agree, NoClue642. Those ideas about school are great and would add a lot into the dynamic for kids and teens.

I'd also like it if they could add amusement park items or just more fun things to do around an open neighborhood: add a boardwalk to the beach where sims can have ice cream, play games for prizes, GO SWIMMING, watch fireworks, really have the option to send sims on hikes or nature trails where we can follow them and see them point out or pick up things, others have suggested sailing, a science expo at the lab or other things at the theater instead of just a movie (maybe a play or a musical or add a lounge where different bands will play).

I'd also like them to bring back Sing to Baby or Rock Baby.
  • Options
    mcr_rocksmcr_rocks Posts: 34 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Doing your laundry. I find it weird that their clothes never get dirty.
  • Options
    cabaretchatnoircabaretchatnoir Posts: 19 Member
    edited June 2009
    @yanti68 You can download patterns at The Sims Resource(at the moment they are all free) and other websites.

I would love to see a hair creator, although once people figure out to do meshes in the game, I think we will see more hair styles and items in the future.

Personally I want to see Superstar and more sliders for the body, although this might be hard to do, considering they would have to update all your previously made sims, and from my understanding, it would be hard to do.

I would like to see memories back as well.

@noclue642 I love the ideas!

As for ironing and washing clothes. No. The Sims, at least for me, is not so much about reality and doing stupid chores, but about escaping and watching your sims respond to the environment that you control

BTW: For the people whining about the $50 price tag, it was the same price as Sims 1 base and Sims 2 base when they came out. If they put everything from the previous games into the base, it would be far more expensive.
  • Options
    RaithieRaithie Posts: 187 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Nice ideas! Keep 'em coming.
    Prank Phone Call
    Playing in Bathtub
    Toddlers playing in toilet
    Cheating in Chess
    Red Hands, Rock Paper Scissors, Pillow Fight (only for certain traits)
    Crosswords in Newspaper
    Ability for teens to sneak out.

I'm loving this. Especially the cheating in chess and the prank phone call! It would certainly make the game more interesting and the more interactions, the better :)

I also definitely agree with more careers. Gives more depth to the characters:)
    More ways to kill are simmies.
    Agreed! There are only a few confirmed ways to kill sims so far...

I also like the idea about the washers and dryers. If it wasn't mandatory, but gave an extra "clean" moodlet - that would be great. Boats sound pretty cool! You could go on fishing trips etc.

As for the height sliders, although admittedly they would be great, I would imagine they would be very difficult to incorporate into the game due to the different sized sims would need a new set of interactions for every object or sim in their environment. Because of that, I can't see EA adding it, and if it was that complicated, I would personally prefer the effort going into something else. I can see why you would want it though :)

What I would like in the games would be lots of small little extras such as surfing or body boarding etc :) And if you have a superstar sim, other sims should point and stare. Maybe the "coward" or "excitable" sims could faint or run away in disbelief or something.

As I said before, keep the ideas rolling! :)

• Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited June 2009
    @yanti68 You can download patterns at The Sims Resource(at the moment they are all free) and other websites.

I would love to see a hair creator, although once people figure out to do meshes in the game, I think we will see more hair styles and items in the future.

Personally I want to see Superstar and more sliders for the body, although this might be hard to do, considering they would have to update all your previously made sims, and from my understanding, it would be hard to do.

I would like to see memories back as well.

@noclue642 I love the ideas!

As for ironing and washing clothes. No. The Sims, at least for me, is not so much about reality and doing stupid chores, but about escaping and watching your sims respond to the environment that you control

BTW: For the people whining about the $50 price tag, it was the same price as Sims 1 base and Sims 2 base when they came out. If they put everything from the previous games into the base, it would be far more expensive.

Thanks for letting me know about the free patterns from Sim Resource! I have one question though. This may sound a very stupid question, but does downloading patterns put hacks in the game? I have never downloaded custom content from other sites. I have always used Maxis/EA made stuff in my game. That is why I always want to be sure if the free stuffs from other sites are hack free or not. So do you know anything about this? Would appreciate your help. :-)
  • Options
    EmilydynomiteEmilydynomite Posts: 144 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm just waiting for a Keytar to be honest.
    :|

I miss the weather and how it snowed and rained - which was extra funny if you didn't have a roof ;D
    I was always so mean if my sims had an ugly kid. I'd just take the roof off of his room >:'D

I kinda miss the yoga and meditating. I'm not sure if you can still do it, but I hope you can. It was perfect when you needed a promotion.
  • Options
    DOLPHINDRAGON888DOLPHINDRAGON888 Posts: 15 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree with you guys that we need all of those things. Personally, I want more hairstyles, cargo pants for females, new pool shapes, better car animations. Be able to swim on the ocean, etc.
  • Options
    Wolv_GaleWolv_Gale Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Well a few ideas for the actualy interface would be to add more sorting options in the backpack such as in the book shop they have options to view fruit/veg, books etc. also being able to change the size of the images to smaller ones so as you can view more than 8 objects would be very handy!

Another thing would be allowing another sim (in the household) to be able to call and move out another sim. As i had a sim freeze and could not use it i had to kick another sim out plus the one that was frozen.

How about weather? You know like rain, snow etc would be fun to have as it could effect your skills like gardening in the snow and jogging in the snow.

Pets would kinda be fun as well but make them useful like dogs could be trained to help in the garden digging holes to plant in and they could be used to carry items, another use would be as a jogging partner. Horses would also be a good idea for transport, fitness and breeding.

Just random ideas XD
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Good idea about the backpack actually, it can be quite frustrating trying to find the right item when it's packed :P
  • Options
    AiweAiwe Posts: 89 New Member
    edited June 2009
    On the subject of the backpack... is there anyway to move a whole stack of objects at once? and if not could they please add one.
  • Options
    DaehloenaDaehloena Posts: 166 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Gameplay isn't my issue, it's the design features of sims and houses that bug me. A major feature of TS3 was supposed to be the ability to create unique sims. I haven't found this to be true...and I'm not dedicated enough to spend several hours customising my sims. I do that with the houses (and even that is limited).

So additional modifiers/sliders, particularly body shape and hair length. I also find the facial sliders to be too subtle when adjusting an existing feature.
  • Options
    EmilydynomiteEmilydynomite Posts: 144 New Member
    edited June 2009
    More free hairstyles.
    Why is it that the MALE SIMS get the COOL AWESOME mohawk, and girls get the little.... thing.
    :|

I like how you can customize hair colors, but there are a few things I would change. Like, some sections will be pink, and some will be black, ect.

I would like to see custom patterns and paintings. I miss having themed rooms with themed paintings. I would put my own artwork on there, and it kinda reminded me to draw more.

Bust sliders and hip sliders. One of my comic characters I'm making has a really curvy figure, but I can't really make that. Another one of my characters is really muscular, but the sims 3 makes her look like a man xD

Seasons and weather is something I miss a lot.
    Also, if you have a BIG pond on your lot, you don't have any special fish in it?

And I miss miss miss miss the websites with custom content for download.
    xD Some of the stuff on those sites were amazingly funny.
  • Options
    EmeyleEmeyle Posts: 446 New Member
    edited June 2009
    word
  • Options
    crazyluv4mcrcrazyluv4mcr Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I wish there was a way to have a whole band, like you n your friends start a band haha so you have the singer and drumer and gutarists.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    That would be cool. I always liked the idea of bands in sims:)

I think it would be interesting if different types of sims had different facial exppressions when socializing and flirting with other sims.

For example, a sim with the 'evil' trait might have a snide smile when flirting rather than the look of an estatic swooning teenager.

It wouldn't be too hard if there were just 2 or 3 'dominant' traits that decided their expressions or hand movements. The others could simply be default.

You likey?
  • Options
    ZloytlZloytl Posts: 78 Member
    edited June 2009
    I would like to see the body sliders idea come to pass and i have to say the idea of grounding your kids sounds fun.

I also like the idea of washin and stuff and if you had a lazy sim and they didn't wash their clothes they would have to go out in a funky wash day outfit that could be totally ugly and random lol.

I would also like to see a home maker career not just for women but like a stay at home dad or something were they get more money the better the home maker they are like having to have tea on the table and a clean bathroom n stuff. (sorry if that sounds boring) or a home maker career with the option of an outside part time job durin school hours once kids are of age.

i would also like to see the weather come back but have some more extreme stuff like earthquakes and having to take courses in survival.

And bring in churches and we can have funerals for our dearly departed sims.

I think we should bring the night clubs back and have a seedy part of town lol with the scared moodlet from the grave yard in use after dark.

• Options
    QuertQuert Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I don't know if anyone has mention this yet but I would like to change the height of my sims. It's kind of tired being the same height as every other sim.
  • Options
    starfiredstarfired Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    A world with only guitars... :cry: how could anyone take it? I think it would be cool to have PIANOS, DRUMS, SINGERS, etc. and maybe skills to go with them...also I think it would be really cool if there was a way to make videos you have made into actual shows for your sims to wath on tv and to add a ACTING CAREER TRACK.
  • Options
    SimMyLifeSimMyLife Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm really into all the collecting and stuff in TS3 and I wish there was an expansion of that segment of the game, for example:

-Conventions held so you can trade and swap your gems for ones of higher worth or ones you may not have
    -A place to publically display your artwork or collections (sort of like TS2: Open for Business shops you were capable of opening)
    -I'd like to be able to actually edit the lay of the land for the towns: how great would it be to live on a secluded island in the middle of the ocean?
    -Someone mentioned this already, but it goes along with my previous idea: boats and helicopters
    -I'd like to see inside the workplace while my Sims work, even if it's just some menial task put on an animation loop, it's still something to see and experience with my Sims
    -More social interaction that pairs with the Sims' occupations: people cower before Evil Villains, police stake out their houses periodically, etc

I don't really like the limit to the number of people you can have at your parties, I mean, I understand the point of it, but perhaps increase it a little bit more - I get sick of the same 10 people or so quickly.

There is a sense of community, but not the type I was really expecting. I think there should be more clubs that you're able to join - yes, Book Club, not that fun - they don't even meet, or go out to eat, or chit chat aimlessly. If you're a teen you should be able to join a gang or a club/sport.

I just recently brought up an Evil Villain so I'm going to use it as an example once more: more content based around the occupations - if I'm an Evil Villain, I'm going to have henchmen, secret meetings, sketchy calls in the middle of the night informing me of heists I need to head off to. I mean, I "Held the World Hostage" and went home and watched the Cooking channel and went to bed - I need slaves and groveling peasants, or at least a medal for such an accomplishment, or some police backlash - a raid of my house or place of work, anything.

Also, rewards for on-the-job accomplishments - rewards for anything for that matter. I want to see a house full of trophies and medals and ribbons, if I'm going to put my time into events in real life, I want a little show of my accomplishments, as is the same with my Sims.

Add shelving please. And more gems.

Also I wish there were public events that you could plan and host if you were high enough in the Occupation level, the Leader of the Free World, for example:
    -Make a public speech outside of City Hall
    -Host a parade
    -Host a campaign party - yes, you have to be voted for to remain in office (or should be, at least!)
    -An Art Show / Convention

I like the game, I do - there's just much more to be added and expanded upon. I eagerly await the next EP release, because right now the only thing keeping me busy is trying to improve my already-complete gem collection.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Ooooh I really like that idea of hosting events based on your career! That could be fun...
  • Options
    NuclearRamenNuclearRamen Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    All I was disappointed with in Sims 3 was that you can't go inside places.

Past Sims games we had a loading screen that took forever to get to the destination but at least in the end we could SEE inside of it, play darts, talk to people, control our sim, etc etc.

Yeah, it's awesome I can walk over to work or the grocery store, but I disappear and never see inside :(

That's all really. Overall, it is the best Sims :)