Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Boarding School Glitch

Comments

• IoaneSkyIoaneSky Posts: 13
    edited July 2011
    Hullo all!

I too had this problem in the game but after reading this thread, I found an easy solution. The MOVEOBJECTS ON option sent my teen back to boarding school. Just make sure u are in Buy or Build mode and then click on the Teen.

Also, to un-enroll the teen only the parent who enrolled the teen can un-enroll them it seems. My teen came home and I gave her more skills and increased her driving level.

The driving lessons are a bit annoying because my Sims are dead tired by the time they do go out with the teen and not only that, EA did not make it so that they can learn and after awhile head home if the Teen is getting stressed or tired from the lessons. So I always have to send my sims home to bed.

The Generations is a great idea but has a lot of kinks to work out I believe.
  • maggie_writesmaggie_writes Posts: 86 New Member
    edited July 2011
    **** i fixed it all you have to do is the Ctrl + Shift + c to get console up and then type in "moveObjects on" once you have done this select the sim that has "come back" and then delete them. this will send them back to school and they can finish their studies.

This worked! THANK YOU!!!
  • IoaneSkyIoaneSky Posts: 13
    edited July 2011
    Hi all!

I agree Move Objects does work as I posted before, but my teen keeps showing up when NRaas finds all missing sims at 3am Sims time lmao! SO every Sim night I have to send her back to school.
  • e01000101e01000101 Posts: 41 Member
    edited July 2011
    I was told to move out the family and move it back in again.
    Moving out cancels boarding school enrolment and basically resets the household.
    Once you move back in you can re-enrol.

HOWEVER. In doing this, (I had two children with IF dolls - both enrolled in boarding school) when the kids came back, they lost their IFs who have never come back since. My kids are now teens.
  • obieoatsobieoats Posts: 16
    edited July 2011
    This also happened to me. Christopher enrolled his daughter Christelle in boarding school in the middle of the night, on the birthday she turned from child to adult. (First time playing Generations wanted to see the new option...not just getting rid of a kid for the sake of it...) And the morning came and she didn't go! It said she was enrolled and Christopher only had the option to enroll the two other household children in boarding school.

I went to the edit town screen, and used the Split Up Household option, which moves the adult and the child to the clipboard. Then I used the Merge option to move them back in, and Voila!!! Christelle was an Elementary School Student!!! (I'm not sure if I can re-enroll her or if it will happen again..)

I don't know if I'll try her at the same school or try a different one...or just wait until they fix the glitch...decisions decisions....
  • scoobyroooscoobyrooo Posts: 18 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Sims in bording school also come back if someone moves in to the household. You can call them back home before the wedding or whatever to stop the event. I've lost two sim traits due to this my sim gets married and then they pop up in front of the house. After that you cant un-enroll and it doesn't treat the sim like a child. Its is aggrivating! The only thing that doesnt summon them back with new sims is birth or adoption and those I am not sure about. I hope this is fixed soon. I mean sure send them back for sisters wedding, but I sent them off for a reason. I want them GONE!!
  • TautuxTautux Posts: 23
    edited July 2011
    When my sim teen come home early, I just use "moveobjects on" and delete him. Then he come home when he must to :)
  • obieoatsobieoats Posts: 16
    edited August 2011
    obieoats wrote:
    This also happened to me. Christopher enrolled his daughter Christelle in boarding school in the middle of the night, on the birthday she turned from child to adult. (First time playing Generations wanted to see the new option...not just getting rid of a kid for the sake of it...) And the morning came and she didn't go! It said she was enrolled and Christopher only had the option to enroll the two other household children in boarding school.

I went to the edit town screen, and used the Split Up Household option, which moves the adult and the child to the clipboard. Then I used the Merge option to move them back in, and Voila!!! Christelle was an Elementary School Student!!! (I'm not sure if I can re-enroll her or if it will happen again..)

UPDATE: Ok, after i moved them back in, I shared a memory and the game froze, I restarted and Christelle was back to being enrolled in boarding school. She slept that night woke up, the other kids went to public school and at 9:46 that morning, a chatty message came up " I'm off to boarding school..." :shock: and off she went in a cab. Weird. So it kind of resolved itself, except that she'd lost her vampire skintone? As of now...she is still gone, but i just had a save error 12 :evil: ...so, not sure what's going to happen after I pull the .legacy file to replace the bad save...ugh..so much trouble just for my lovely sims! :?
  • PaubloPowersPaubloPowers Posts: 900 Member
    edited August 2011
    People, I have figured it out. Press Down ctrl + shift + c and type in testingcheatsenabled true
    Tyne press shift and click on your teen and click trigger age transition.
    Normally this ages up your Sim but for some reason it
    fixed the glitch. Now my teen is in boarding school and can be removed anytime. Hope thus helps.
  • BrittanyDegnan7BrittanyDegnan7 Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    Hi!

I figured out that no matter how the game glitches: teen comes back or child never goes to boarding school in the first place, you can shift control c: moveObjects on and delete the sim that is supposed to be in boarding school and they will automatically be in boarding school when you press the live mode again. Not ideal but it works!
  • pinklemonadapinklemonada Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    Hey there, my first post hehe :3
    I also found a really easy solution, not sure it's been mentioned but here goes. This happened to the teenaged daughter in my family. All I basically did was go on to edit town, move out of home, and whilst they're still on the clipboard [the faded box thingy in the corner :s], just literally move them back in. Don't do anything else just move them back in. Then all the relationships are there, and skills, but the school has reset and you can send them off to boarding school again if you wish. Sorry for my bad explanation skills and sorry if anyone has already mentioned this x3. I thought I'd share, hoped I helped! :3<3
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • mirandarulesmirandarules Posts: 2
    edited February 2012
    the moveobjcts on cheat worked for me so im happy now :-)
  • AlexJMansonAlexJManson Posts: 1
    edited April 2012
    My enrolled Sims randomly appear back in my house. Their school tab says they`re both enrolled. They can't go back, they can't go to normal school, and when they grow up, they can only be self-employed. :P I'm glad there is a solution.
  • ALAISIAPATTERSONALAISIAPATTERSON Posts: 19 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Well I have some great ideas for ya'll! I think this might work go into edit town save a copy of the family your playing then delete the family your playing then put the copy that you saved into the town I think this might work.
    Wait did you wait till the next day at 9:ooAm?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • ammunitionGOREammunitionGORE Posts: 5
    edited May 2012
    I managed to fix mine, hopefully this works for everyone else.
    Edit town > split up household. Put the sim in question and a parent of the household on the clipboard.
    Select the pair and hit merge with > current family.
    Your sim should now be un enrolled from boarding school.
    Re-enroll them and at 9am the next day when the car comes to take them make sure they have NO current actions in their queue or they will not go. Basically just make sure they get in the car and you should be sweet.

Once when i did this, it un-enrolled ALL sims from boarding school, which is a bit of a kick in the nuts, but its not really that bad just re-enroll them.
  • SydkateaSydkatea Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    I had the same problem. You have to put in the testingcheatsenabled true cheat in*. Then click on the teen sim while holding SHIFt, and click delete object. I would reccomend saving your game before you do this though. Just in case it permanently deletes your sim.
    *I mean the moveobjects cheat
  • LordRintiLordRinti Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    AlanShore wrote:
    Had this exact same problem. You'll have to move them out and back in to reset them. resetSim doesn't work. If you have NRASS Mastercontroller installed it's relatively easy.

Also, when moving them out you may need to have them move out with a parent since the teens can't move out on their own. Have them move out and choose the "Kick Out" box at the bottom then either invite them over and invite them to move in or if using NRASS just add the sims back to your family and that'll reset them.

Warning. If you don't fix the problem the child sim who is enrolled but isn't going to boarding school will receive a negative trait and obviously won't improve any skills. It's a very annoying glitch.

Good Luck :wink:

I had the same problem: tried to enroll my child in boarding school and he never went. I couldn't pick the trait at the end, but because he didn't have to go to school he did have loads of free time, so he did improve his skills. He didn't do it automatically, like he would if he had gone to boarding school, but he is now lvl 5 in both writing and painting, has made lots of money by selling paintings and writing books, and is halfway to achieving the illustrious author lifetime wish. Also, he has earnt a lot of lifetime happiness by being really happy all the time and fulfilling wishes, so hopefully it won't be long before I can use a lifetime reward to change his traits to the ones I would have chosen.
  • Charlotte2247Charlotte2247 Posts: 19
    edited December 2012
    My sim sent his two daughters off to boarding school. They were both accepted and the next day one of them scurried off to boarding school without a problem. Well the older daughter is still at the house. Her 'school' tab is showing attending boarding school but she is still home with me! I can still control her and everything. I waited for two more sim days and then I tried to deenroll her since she never left the house. But the option is not there. Also I can not enroll her again. :( Anyone have any ideas for me?

When I sent my son off to boarding school he went for two days then came home his school tab said enrolled in boarding school and it wouldn't let me take him out of school :?:
  • shawniegoreshawniegore Posts: 12 New Member
    edited December 2012
    **** i fixed it all you have to do is the Ctrl + Shift + c to get console up and then type in "moveObjects on" once you have done this select the sim that has "come back" and then delete them. this will send them back to school and they can finish their studies.

This worked! THANK YOU!!!

This worked for me as well. Quick and hassle free, w/o having to spend all the time moving people out. quick, quick quick! Thank you!
  • meka79meka79 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited March 2013
    :( Hi i sent one of my sims to collage for two terms on the sims3 unversity and it's been like a week now in the same collage.... And I dont know how to check how much longer she has have in collage, :?: she been there for to long. it keeps going back
    to 12 day's until to Exam..... it's always stoping at 6 day's then comes sunday it's back to 12 day's ...dang it takes that long? Im ready for my sim to go back home... she has passed everything... she has done eveything...she has very skill you can think of.i dont want to drop her out and done spend all that time for nothing... and she dont get the degree..It would be a waste of time.
    i dont get it please help :roll:
  • awiggins2009awiggins2009 Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    I know this is SUPER late, but just in case this happens to anyone else there is hope (but does involve cheats to fix the glitch). Just delete your Sim (Steps Below)

1. Press Ctrl+Shift+C to open cheatbox
    2. type in testingcheatsenabled true
    3. Press Enter (cheatbox should close)
    4. Press Ctrl+Shift+C to reopen cheatbox
    5. type moveobjects on
    6. Press Enter (cheatbox should close again)
    7. Open buy section and delete sim

When you go back to play mode the Sim's picture on the side should be grey and say they are in boarding school.

when your done with the cheats reopen the cheatbox and type testingcheatsenabled false to turn off cheats or just wait until you finish you time playing the cheats will turn off when you renter the game
  • Uggzy10Uggzy10 Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    I found a way that I think might work without a cheat. I used it for triplet teens that I could not send to boarding school. After their birthday, I gave them 1-2 days of rest before sending them to boarding school, I send two of the triplets after one day had passed then I sent the last after two days had passed.
    And it worked the carpool came and they all left for their various boarding schools.

Try that and it might work for you :D:D .
  • LegendsimmerLegendsimmer Posts: 57 New Member
    edited July 2014
    There is a way you can get around this problem from reoccuring on future games. Enroll the child on a sunday or a saturday, for some reason they always go if you give them a few days between going to school and transferring them. I enroll my kids usually on the weekend as they aren't in school. It works for my game. To solve the problem of your child not going, move towns if you have Island Paradise. I know it's something you won't be wanting to do but if you want to have your child go to school it's a good idea. Hopefully they will patch it soon. I wouldn't personally bother with the ctrl+shift c method and resetting your sim,it doesn't work. Usually a big family event such like a death or a house move can sort it out. Not always though. Hope this helped! :)
  • LegendsimmerLegendsimmer Posts: 57 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Or you could go onto options set the child/teen onto 2 days for example and once they are out of education they will be an adult, puts cheats on and turn them back into a child.
  • chxr1zxrdchxr1zxrd Posts: 17 Member
    caseyjfer wrote: »
    I finally figured out a way to fix this problem. Go to edit town, split household with one adult and the child in question to the clipboard and re-merge them back with the original household. This will remove the kid from boarding school so you can re-enroll when you return to the game.

EDIT: I thought this may help, but the same error happened when I re-enrolled.

This worked for me, at least to make it so he would go to school again. My sim got re-married and all of a sudden my son was there and I thought he was visiting for the wedding but then he never went back. Aged him to a teen and still wouldn't go back. resetsim [Insert Name] did not work either. But now he is able to attend the public high school instead of being a bum at home.

I'm really late to this thread, but I just had the issue for the first time and this thread helped so much! <3