Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Boarding School Glitch

My sim sent his two daughters off to boarding school. They were both accepted and the next day one of them scurried off to boarding school without a problem. Well the older daughter is still at the house. Her 'school' tab is showing attending boarding school but she is still home with me! I can still control her and everything. I waited for two more sim days and then I tried to deenroll her since she never left the house. But the option is not there. Also I can not enroll her again. :( Anyone have any ideas for me?

Comments

• Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited June 2011
    Did you by any chance enroll them in the same boarding school? I haven't played the game, so I don't know if that would be the problem, but it might be that only one child per family can be enrolled in a certain school; for example, maybe you can't send 2 children to military school, but you can send 1 to military school and the other to one of the other schools.

Otherwise, I have no clue.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited June 2011
    My sim sent his two daughters off to boarding school. They were both accepted and the next day one of them scurried off to boarding school without a problem. Well the older daughter is still at the house. Her 'school' tab is showing attending boarding school but she is still home with me! I can still control her and everything. I waited for two more sim days and then I tried to deenroll her since she never left the house. But the option is not there. Also I can not enroll her again. :( Anyone have any ideas for me?

I really don't know yet, but I would try CNRTL SHIFT C then

resetsim YOURSIMSNAME
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• stephandangiestephandangie Posts: 234 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Actually no. They went to different ones. Oldest was supposed to go to military school. The other to the arts one.
  • HighpressureHighpressure Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    Did you by any chance enroll them in the same boarding school? I haven't played the game, so I don't know if that would be the problem, but it might be that only one child per family can be enrolled in a certain school; for example, maybe you can't send 2 children to military school, but you can send 1 to military school and the other to one of the other schools.

Otherwise, I have no clue.
    I sent my twins to the same school, and two limos show up to take them away. So it must be something else that went wrong for stephandangie.
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited June 2011
    @Highpressure,

Well, as I said, I haven't had a chance to play the game yet, so it was a wild guess.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
    edited June 2011
    Well darn. LOL Boarding school was the best way to get of the older siblings that weren't my legacy sim! LOL Oh well! I guess this girl is just going stick around. Well if she doesn't have to go to school each day, this girl is gonna do some CHORES! LOL
  • Hello_simmy10Hello_simmy10 Posts: 29
    edited June 2011
    The same thing happened to me. She just stayed in the house and didn't go anywhere! She did go to prom though. I thought it was strange that she was enrolled in boarding school yet she was still at home and going to the public schools prom. lol
    edited June 2011
    Tried resetting her, no dice. Oh well. Also weird that she can't call her sister anymore who IS in boarding school. Neither can the little boy. Only the parents and simbot can call the daughter that's not there.
  • AlanShoreAlanShore Posts: 18 Member
    edited June 2011
    Had this exact same problem. You'll have to move them out and back in to reset them. resetSim doesn't work. If you have NRASS Mastercontroller installed it's relatively easy.

Also, when moving them out you may need to have them move out with a parent since the teens can't move out on their own. Have them move out and choose the "Kick Out" box at the bottom then either invite them over and invite them to move in or if using NRASS just add the sims back to your family and that'll reset them.

Warning. If you don't fix the problem the child sim who is enrolled but isn't going to boarding school will receive a negative trait and obviously won't improve any skills. It's a very annoying glitch.

Good Luck :wink:
  • sweet_pea914sweet_pea914 Posts: 66 New Member
    edited June 2011
    This happened to me! I just switched towns, I wanted a change of scenery anyways. But my boarding school is working fine for teens, not sure about children yet.
  • sashaisminniemousesashaisminniemouse Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I have the same problem execpt I have only 1 son I sent him to boarding school, but he never went, a bus never came or anything. But under the school tab it says he is in boarding school, but he isnt he is at home not going to school at all. and I cant remove him from "boarding school" because there is no option on the phone. I cant kick him out or move him back in to "reset" him because he is still a child. I honestly dont know what to do????
  • redbarbiezredbarbiez Posts: 55
    edited June 2011
    i had the same problem, my teen left, came back and never went back again. very odd
  • beggar1015beggar1015 Posts: 539 Member
    edited June 2011
    Yes, my teen is having the exact same problem. ALthough she did get to go to the local high school prom. But she's in a single parent home, so I can't move her out, and I'd hate to have to move out of the house they're living in. I might have to take the long road and have an NPC move in, then have that adult and the teen move out, then maybe add to active family her back in.
  • caseyjfercaseyjfer Posts: 17 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I finally figured out a way to fix this problem. Go to edit town, split household with one adult and the child in question to the clipboard and re-merge them back with the original household. This will remove the kid from boarding school so you can re-enroll when you return to the game.

EDIT: I thought this may help, but the same error happened when I re-enrolled.
  • OzTopherOzTopher Posts: 179 Member
    edited June 2011
    Another thread mentioned for sims that come home early you can send them back to school by using the "moveobjects on" cheat and then delete the sim from buy mode. After you delete them and go back to Live Mode, the Sim is at boarding school again.

I think this should work for sims that never go to boarding school when they should have as well but i havent tried it (recommend save game first lol)
  • SnaczelnikSnaczelnik Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2011
    caseyjfer wrote:
    I finally figured out a way to fix this problem. Go to edit town, split household with one adult and the child in question to the clipboard and re-merge them back with the original household. This will remove the kid from boarding school so you can re-enroll when you return to the game.

EDIT: I thought this may help, but the same error happened when I re-enrolled.

I tried to do this, but my game freezes up whenever I try to move a sim out of this household - by either "move" on phone or cell OR while editing the town. Annoying.
  • lozzz11lozzz11 Posts: 31 New Member
    edited June 2011
    AlanShore wrote:
    Had this exact same problem. You'll have to move them out and back in to reset them. resetSim doesn't work. If you have NRASS Mastercontroller installed it's relatively easy.

Also, when moving them out you may need to have them move out with a parent since the teens can't move out on their own. Have them move out and choose the "Kick Out" box at the bottom then either invite them over and invite them to move in or if using NRASS just add the sims back to your family and that'll reset them.

Warning. If you don't fix the problem the child sim who is enrolled but isn't going to boarding school will receive a negative trait and obviously won't improve any skills. It's a very annoying glitch.

Good Luck :wink:

I've had a similar problem, enrolled my child sim to boarding school, she left in the limo but came back on the weekend, she didn't go back to school on the Monday.. Her school tab says she's enrolled to boarding school, and her skills keep improving, but yeah she's not at boarding school and I can still control her :/
  • AmyMercury1AmyMercury1 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I had the same thing happen in my game.

I thought it would get fixed when the Sims aged up, but it didn't. In fact, they no longer show "attending boarding school" as a school career, but they can't join any careers (only professions, for some reason?!) or become self-employed.

I could live with that sacrifice, but there is another problem: they can't travel. I can't take them with me on a journey abroad because they "are in boarding school". I can, however, make the glitched Sim do the travel interaction and that works, but my second glitched Sim can't join him then (who has meanwhile become his wife and the mother of his child, so those interactions still work).

Resetsim Firstname Lastname doesn't work. Moving them in and out of the houses doesn't work. Making them join a profession and then quitting it doesn't work. In Edit Town mode, moving the family in and out doesn't work. I am now going to try the splitting suggestion and the deleting suggestion, but seeing as they are already adults, I don't think it'll send them back to the boarding school.

I'm hoping someone else comes up with a way, or that EA patches it to fix.

• HalleneeHallenee Posts: 30 Member
    edited June 2011
    I've had the same problem over a number of families and at different schools.
    Just had a family where both teenagers randomly moved back home (just in time for Prom so that might well be the cause...)and one says they now go to the community high school whilst the other still has the enrolled at boarding school problem. It seems to last about 3 days before they get booted out. When I set the child/teen age range to only 3 days they got through school and graduated fine!
  • therealdantherealdan Posts: 2
    edited June 2011
    I had this same problem. I turned my sim's IF real and sent him to Boarding School. I tried what Caseyjfer suggested and it worked perfectly. I was able to re-enrole my IF in boarding school. lol.
  • GarnetAngelGarnetAngel Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    **** i fixed it all you have to do is the Ctrl + Shift + c to get console up and then type in "moveObjects on" once you have done this select the sim that has "come back" and then delete them. this will send them back to school and they can finish their studies.
  • LesMintonLesMinton Posts: 42 New Member
    edited July 2011
    There is an easier fix if you have NRaas.

Click the kid, go to "intermediate" in the Master Controller, select "career", and click the school (elementary school in my case). Your kid is taken out of boarding school, just like that.
  • abbi11abbi11 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2011
    This happened to me too! And the thing that made me mad was that it said he had bad study habits or something and wouldn't let me pick the last trait!
  • msmetoyermsmetoyer Posts: 200 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I did it with my teens, when they 'came back'. The only issue I had with it is that they never came back, the normal way. Like, they never graduated and came home. I sacrificed the male and once I brought him home (and put him in the clipboard- moving him to another household), I went back to my game and got the notification that the female had graduated and was coming back home.
  • greendolphinsgreendolphins Posts: 10
    edited July 2011
    I just found this glitch yesterday and I was extremely confused. I ended up not saving so that I could try to figure it out before they had a permeant glitch. I think that prom has something to do with it because while they were home a note popped up saying that the school dance was now over. I had totally forgotten about it and my sims didn't even go.

Another thing i noticed is that when I tried to put them to bed I clicked on my sim's bed but it said "Sleep in Nick's bed" (My sim's name is nick). They also forgot how to drive. I'm going to try the delete option but I don't think the glitch is from sending each kid to a different school (I had two one go to military school the other go for the arts), but instead the school dance.