Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Successful update for Mac! :)

yoda65yoda65 Posts: 3,410 Member
Everything works well! Even as I had to reinstall everything. :mrgreen:
my games: All EP +Outdoor Living

Install the Sims 3 open the launcher and make the automatic update. Close the game.
Install each EP (Ignore the message: a newer version is installed) and let the update for each EP!
Install Outdoor Living … Another automatic update is given.
Now Close the game!! If you try to open the game at this step: there is an error!

Last step: do not do the last update given by the launcher. Close the game
Open/run the downloaded Application update : To-6135-1.22.9.011002 (it’s an archive in .tar format) So make sure you have installed the application on the Mac: The Unarchiver to decompress the archive (I have The Unarchiver version 2.4).

The download can be found here:
US DVD Version: http://llnet.thesims.cdn.ea.com/sims/u/f/sims3/mac/To-6135-1.22
.9.011001.tgz

Europe DVD Version: http://llnet.thesims.cdn.ea.com/sims/u/f/sims3/mac/To-6135-1.22
.9.011002.tgz

Digital Download Version: http://llnet.thesims.cdn.ea.com/sims/u/f/sims3/mac/To-6135-1.22
.9.011017.tgz

Once downloaded, double-click the downloaded file. The file will extract and then you will run the update. Point the update at The Sims 3 app and it will apply.

Open your game, and everything works fine! Now there is a Store button in the Mac version! :)
To log in the Store, I had a problem to type my email address: character: @ does not work, I solved the problem by typing my email in plain text files, copy and paste into the box and presto! I am trying to reinstall all my objects or Sets from the Store and it works great now!

The launcher is hidden/displayed in the background, on the Mac desktop, so press the "Cmd" + "Tab" to view the launcher open.
The downloads are fast and installation is done right away! (not need to press the button "install")
Back in the game always open! and new contents are in the game catalog!

Last thing, as I finished installing my Store objects, close the game and put your saved file in Electronic Arts / The Sims 3 / Saves.

Sorry for the translation, English is not my natural language! I hope it works for you!
27-11-2015_185647_zpsyfowoxwm.png
Gallery link - I wish Toddlers, Weather, Pets… in Sims 4

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2011
    Nobody comes here to complain, without having read the previous posts? :lol::lol:
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I forgot to mention something: I have not yet installed Generation, I should receive it next week.
    I think the update is scheduled to be installed before Generation :!:
  • Options
    LouisedepicciottoLouisedepicciotto Posts: 27
    edited June 2011
    I used this yesterday after I found it on a rant post. It worked for me and I'm going to download Generations today as well. I'm happy they finally fixed this problem :)
  • Options
    Jurik1124Jurik1124 Posts: 4,627 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Yes, this is a very important issue yoda. You definitely need to close the game after each install before proceeding if you are to install very game. This happened to me once and I had to start over with reinstall because I was too impatient.
  • Options
    8bubbles8joe8bubbles8joe Posts: 90 New Member
    edited June 2011
    What do you mean by "point the update at the Sims 3 app"? Do you mean place the update in the Sims 3 folder? Because I have it downloaded and everything I just need to place it somewhere.
  • Options
    QueenBee731QueenBee731 Posts: 9
    edited June 2011
    The link didnt work for me, but I finally got my base game+ambitions to work with an uninstall-reinstall. I think they must have added something to the update to fix the mac bug because I didnt even have to use the download patch workaround. Im really happy!
  • Options
    QueenBee731QueenBee731 Posts: 9
    edited June 2011
    What do you mean by "point the update at the Sims 3 app"? Do you mean place the update in the Sims 3 folder? Because I have it downloaded and everything I just need to place it somewhere.

Joe you can put it in the Sims folder if you want; it actually doesnt matter where you put it. What you do next is open the download, and it will ask you where you want to apply the patch. Thats what she means by "point". Your finder window will open and you should select your Sims 3 base game, in Applications.