Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You guys are freaking me out!!

I'm looking at all the complaints of bugs and glitches and i'm freaking out, i'm so scared that my game (and possibly my computer) is going to corrupt on me. EA please get it together because I might end up hyperventilating if my games runs less than smoothly.

So what is exactly the problem with the game? I'm too scared to open up the threads about it.
Simming for 19 years!
Family Tree
Playing Mod & CC Free

Comments

• JohanFoppaJohanFoppa Posts: 1,084 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Do this:
    Make a backup of your game. If you don't know how to, then google.
    Play away on your savefile, if you run into any glitches that ruins your game, then go here and complain like everybody else does. Hopefully EA will get the message and actually fix something for once
  • Spongeb0bSpongeb0b Posts: 1,196
    edited May 2011
    I've been reading peoples problems for like 2 hours... and I went from excited to download it to.. just letting it sit there and scared to even touch it.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited May 2011
    I didn't hardly have any problems with mine and played for over 3 hours. I had minor bugs but no game killers. One of the tv's that comes with Gen won't work with the videocamera because it says it isn't good enough and the videos on the tv are dark but that isn't game killing.
  • Rusty333PRusty333P Posts: 4,669 New Member
    edited May 2011
    I wouldn't worry too much. If you've never had any problems before then you hopefully won't this time. All the people that aren't having problems are enjoying their game while the ones that do have bugs are on here complaining.
  • simgreensimgreen Posts: 1,630 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Spongeb0b wrote:
    I've been reading peoples problems for like 2 hours... and I went from excited to download it to.. just letting it sit there and scared to even touch it.
    ... I got it about a day ago and it's working great, just a couple of crashes (though that's probably caused by some weird cc I forgot to delete). Only reason I'm here is because my excitement over this game died weeks ago and I find it more fun reading about a game than actually playing it...
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited May 2011
    I've had it for several hours now. I had one game killing issue, but it was because I didn't take out a couple mods not an issue with the game itself....once took them out it was fine. Running great so far *knock on wood*
  • TateSaundersTateSaunders Posts: 997 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Most the problem is the update and that for people. Im having similiar problems getting it to install. The thing is Im in the game anyways, I just didnt mess with the update after it failed a couple times. Im in CAS at the moment. Things are fine. I decided to hold off on the update..I don't think it will break your computer. You always hear stories how it ruined peoples games (they never backed up before patching their vital stuff outside of the DL folder.)
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited May 2011
    It's too early for me to say it's fine, but so far so good.
    It's playing nice so far.

What happens when I put my mods back in and play my save games with CC is another story. :lol:

I reinstalled and patched everything last night and I installed everything by going to the setup .exe and installed as administrator just in case Vista wanted to get fussy. I also defragged my hard drive and cleaned up my system.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited May 2011
    I've had no problems so far -- played for a couple of hours but need to take a break to finish cleaning up the kitchen so I can make dinner. :? I'm not playing with any mods yet; once I'm sure I have the updated versions I'll put the mods folder back in and see how things go.

If you haven't had any problems with past Sims games, odds are you'll be just fine with this. Just make sure to deactivate any custom content (non-Sims Store downloads) and drag your Mods folder (if you use them) to the desktop, and you should be just fine.

There is a patch, but it seems to be for Mac only; since I'm on a Mac I downloaded and installed it and haven't run into any issues. Didn't even notice any lag from spawning cars, but without Twallan's Overwatch I can't say for sure.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited May 2011
    There is a patch, but it seems to be for Mac only; since I'm on a Mac I downloaded and installed it and haven't run into any issues. Didn't even notice any lag from spawning cars, but without Twallan's Overwatch I can't say for sure.

I wonder if the problem of people not having the patch is due to an old version od EADM. I uninstalled my old one and downloaded a new one last night. My launcher showed the patch available earlier today and I downloaded and installed it. My game seems fine so far.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • itsgrimitsgrim Posts: 327
    edited May 2011
    Aside from the update issue, my game has been running just as smoothly as it ever did. Maybe it's slightly glitchy and I'm just oblivious, but it's working fine and I'm really enjoying it. :)
  • heidi11576heidi11576 Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited May 2011
    I havent had any problems yet
  • AnimastarAnimastar Posts: 342 Member
    edited May 2011
    If you have important data on your computer that you are worried about, then back it up on a CD or flash drive or something.

If you are this freaked out just over the thought of your computer or game getting slower? Take a chill pill. It's just a game. It's not going to be the end of the world if it's not functioning absolutely perfectly.