Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"There was an error during startup. Please see the Log for more details"

2...Next

Comments

• EsmePinkEsmePink Posts: 7
    edited July 2011
    Mine happened with world adventures... Don't know what to do ): Tried to reinstall many times, and game is fully updated...
    I know this thread is old, but I would love some help!
  • NeurotiskNeurotisk Posts: 56 New Member
    edited July 2012
    pgamble1 wrote:
    molmol wrote:
    i was having digital installation problems, and after talking to tier 2 tech on their website, the only thing that fixed it for me was to uninstall every EP, leave the base game attached tho. then see if there's an update for the base game in the launcher before installing the EPS again in the right order (which is the order they were released in)

Mine says it can't download until i haveupdated my game my game says there are no updates. I guess this is what i'll have to do. Not happy :x

Have you tried to manually patch from this page?
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/380967.page

That is what I had to do in order to get it to work.

:DI AM SO HAPPYY! THIS WORKED!! I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON THIS FOR OVER THREE DAYS!!!

I was about to cry. I actually had the game working and was playing it, then ran my PC Tweaker and everything went crazy then. Thank you for posting the link. YOu have made me very happy, now i can actually get some sleep, i have been working on this non-stop after i get home from work.

THANK YOU! :)

Tjis does not appear to work with origin. I can only find the folders of my games in the Origin Games folder.
  • breosha89breosha89 Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    Okay, so I digitally bought Generations, I got the patch downloaded and the game is installed and everything. So when I go to click the launcher to play the game, the launcher comes up with a box saying "There was an error during startup, please see the log for more details."

***? How do I fix this please help!
  • lilysocks1lilysocks1 Posts: 2
    edited August 2012
    Okay, so I digitally bought Generations, I got the patch downloaded and the game is installed and everything. So when I go to click the launcher to play the game, the launcher comes up with a box saying "There was an error during startup, please see the log for more details."

• aprilstanleyaprilstanley Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    lilysocks1 wrote:

• hunnybunny928hunnybunny928 Posts: 1
    edited February 2014
    Can anybody help? My game shows the error message that this whole thread's about: "There was an error during startup. Please see the Log for more deatails." (Plus the lancher doesn't open except from origin 'My Games' page and hasn't opened from anywhere else for a long time, but that didn't affect my gameplay so whatever.) I have mods from NRaas (MasterController, Careers, WooHooer, PortraitPanel, and StoryProgression) and as many of you know, he has stopped making mods after patch 1.63, so I really don't want to have to reinstall my game and have to manually patch it back. I have all EPs and Showtime, Ambitions, and Into the Future were downloaded in disk form, and the rest were digitally downloaded from Origin. I don't have any SPs. The game also crashed after I played for too long when I could play it. The computer I play on runs Windows 8. Please Help!!!

TL;DR: It shows the error message. I can't open the lancher from anywhere but Origin even before the error message. I have all EPs, no SPs and 3 EPs were in disk form the rest digitally downloaded from origin. Game crashed all the time when I could get into it. I play on a Windows 8 computer.
  • Suenell73Suenell73 Posts: 83 Member
    edited March 2014
    I only have the disc for the TS3. All my others are through ORigin. HOW do I tell which game order to download them in? Are they listed on the ORigin's "my games" in order? I've been working on this for WEEKS & haven't been able to play since Feb because of illness & surgeries.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top