We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
February 23rd - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this a normal thing??

Hey everybody,

I just have a question for anyone who can help me answer it...

Is it normal for you to have a macbook for two whole years (+ a few months), with the only game on it being sims 3, and have it crash, already, or is it supposed to have a longer life?

I mean seriously! I was so mad. It froze, the screen grew steadily white, then I had to press the power button and wait a few seconds until the screen became normal again. Yet, as soon as I clicked on something, it did the whole thing again! I mean, the laptop won't even load far enough to the login in screen to give me access, so all of my files and games and documents are trapped in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 thing and I can't even turn it on! Two years I had it!

Anyways, I just hope that this is not normal and I can most certainly report this incident to Apple knowing that.

Thanks everyone,
<3 ex :(

Comments

• WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited May 2011
    Hey everybody,

I just have a question for anyone who can help me answer it...

Is it normal for you to have a macbook for two whole years (+ a few months), with the only game on it being sims 3, and have it crash, already, or is it supposed to have a longer life?

I mean seriously! I was so mad. It froze, the screen grew steadily white, then I had to press the power button and wait a few seconds until the screen became normal again. Yet, as soon as I clicked on something, it did the whole thing again! I mean, the laptop won't even load far enough to the login in screen to give me access, so all of my files and games and documents are trapped in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 thing and I can't even turn it on! Two years I had it!

Anyways, I just hope that this is not normal and I can most certainly report this incident to Apple knowing that.

Thanks everyone,
    <3 ex :(
    Make sure you meet the requirements of The Sims 3. Make sure that there is no problem with the hardware. If The Sims 3 folder won't work, try renaming The Sims 3 in the documents folder and try to start The Sims 3 again.

Most Macs have a longer lifespan. Apple says the battery can last up to 5 years http://www.apple.com/batteries/

Updating video drivers will help.

Otherwise, you will have to ask other for help
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • extraordinarlyextraordinarly Posts: 23
    edited May 2011
    Thank you very much.
    That sounds like a reasonable explanation and you are probably right.

ex :)