Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

3booter no longer working.

doodlesamdoodlesam Posts: 6,365 New Member
Hello.
I didn't know where to post this. But, I know there's a lot of people who use 3booter/know how to use 3booter around here, so I figured this would be the best place to post this.

Anyway, I've been using 3booter since the base game. It has always limited my fps to 30. Today, however I installed the new patch(1.22) and when I went to launch the game I realised 3booter was no longer working. I was getting frames of 2500fps. So I tried another fps limiter, but that didn't work either.

So I just uninstalled OLS(The new patch along with it) and...it's still not working. I've redownloaded 3booter, plopped it in program files along with the fps limiter files, and I've tried running it multiple times. Each time, I get over 2500fps as soon as the game begins to launch. This is really annoying me, and I don't know what could have caused it. My first thought was the yet to be released update, however that can't be it for it even happens after I uninstalled it. The only change I've made to my computer was updating my graphics drivers last week, but I've been playing The Sims 3 since then and 3booter has been working fine. Until now. That is.

So I need help. I don't know how to fix this. Any help, please? I can't play my game otherwise. ;-;

Comments

• doodlesamdoodlesam Posts: 6,365 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Looks like the update is still installed. Reinstalling ALL my games to remove it now. Dang. So it is the new update? If so, why developers have you stopped these tools from working? Many *need* it in order to play their games. Otherwise their graphics cards will fry. *sigh* Sick of this. Could the developers, for once NOT change anything that was working perfectly fine beforehand? Really bummed about this. If true, it means I can't play Generations, great. :?
  • SimGuru_BGY_11SimGuru_BGY_11 Posts: 7,508 SimGuru (retired)
    edited May 2011
    Hi.

Custom Content is all Sims content that did not come from an official The Sims 3 Update, The Sims 3 Store, Expansion Pack, or Stuff Pack. Custom Content is created by 3rd Party Developers that are not regulated by Electronic Arts or The Sims 3 Development Team and may not work with new updates. Custom Content may cause the game to behave unexpectedly or not function entirely.

To disable your custom content, undo whatever you did to install this content to get your game back into an unmodified state. If you placed it in a Sims 3 directory folder, move it to a new folder that is outside your Sims 3 file directory. Your Sims 3 file directory can be found using the paths listed below:

Windows File Directory: C:\Documents and Settings\USER\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3

Mac File Directory: User/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims/

Once you have installed the official update you may re-enable your custom content. If you experience problems, disable it again until the 3rd party developer updates their content to work with the official Update, Expansion Pack, or Stuff Pack.

-Big Guy-