Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hitched! V4! Dark Hearts*Assignment Two posted, see last post for link*

HitchedV4Banner.jpg

That's right! I couldn't help it.. Missed it too much and finally decided on a theme! In this fourth cycle, your couples are going to be goth/punk!

Rules.jpg

1. If there is a drop or no show there will not be an elimination.
2. I understand that there are some times when you can't continue for one reason or another, but I think it's EXTREMELY rude to just not show up. I know I can't enforce this, but please if you have decided not to continue, please let us know!
3. Please ask for extensions if needed. They will will be granted if a reasonable request.
4. Changes to models: This is something I'm extremely lenient with. I mainly want them recognizable as the same person. Sometimes your game gets borked, etc and you need to make a new model and that's fine.... or sometimes you decide to uninstall a skin and need to change their skin.. that's also fine. Just try to keep their facial features the same so we can recognize them. You can change hair color (that's kind of a common thing in goth/punk anyway) and style of course. If you have any questions about it just ask :)
5. Same sex couples are allowed.
6. Editing is allowed, but just realize that editing may help OR hurt you. Just depends on how it looks.
7. Because my job has a random unpredictable schedule, due dates will probably be a little over a week. This doesn't mean I want to wait forever for people to turn in their assignments though.

Judges.jpg

[IMG]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/sweetferocious/Sims 3/Simself.png "width=200"[/IMG]

PistolKitten.jpg

Tips.jpg

Press ctrl, shift and C to pull up your cheat menu.

buydebug on: adds a menu in your buy mode and gives you tons of stuff that will be helpful especially in a sci-fi fantasy comp like this. There are also some invisible lights, very helpful for lighting your sims' faces!

moveobjects on: Just incredibly useful all around. I can't even begin to go over the uses for this.

hideheadlineeffects on: gets rid of those pesky thought bubbles and plumbobs.

Hold in alt while moveobjects is on so your object/sim won't snap to a grid!

Press tab when in live mode to help with picture taking.
Camera controls:
W - forward
S - back
A - Left
D - Right
E - Tilts up
Q - tilts down
Shift plus A - Rolls to the left
Shift plus D - Rolls to the right
Z- zoom in
X - Zoom out
Shift and S - reset

EntryForm.jpg

What you prefer to be called:
Your couples' names:
Small Bio of couple (optional):
Screenie of couple on a black background:

(For this I suggest making a room with all walls painted with 000000, and using lots of buydebug lights :D )

Scores.jpg

Creativity 25
General Quality 25
Relation to assignment/ portrayal 25
Pose 25
Total 100

Break it down now!

Creativity: Self explanatory, but I will try to elaborate. It's the difference between that picture that just basically fits the requirements of the assignment and the picture that makes you say "Woah!"
Like you might see one picture that is just a couple together pasted onto a goth-ish background, not even made by the poster. Its taken from the waist up so there was no need to worry about shadowing, etc. It may look nice, may fit the assignment, but it didn't take as much creativity as the person who spent hours either edited in fine detail, working hours to make the sims work with the background, maybe changing hair, effects etc, making the poses just right, or hours on an in game background with an elaborate set. Okay now that that book was written D:

General Quality: Things that will be considered in this would be things like the composition of the picture, maybe level of difficulty also to some extent, and some basic things.... A few examples of things points will be deducted for:

-speech bubbles in the pic
-walls halway up
-hands going through objects etc

Relation to assignment/Portrayal: Sometimes creative twists are fine, but be wary of going too far off course.

Pose: Now sometimes a pic kind of requires a sim to be sort of... "just standing there," but sometimes a pose can really make a pic.

Couples.jpg

HCB.jpg

SimsARL (Alexander and Constance) :shock:

Spychip (Carrick and Terralyn) :mrgreen:

amieechu (Helvetica and Cato) :shock:

Shizuko87 (Damien and Alice) :mrgreen:

simslover740 (Acai and Victoria) :mrgreen:

Simanims (Elizabeth and Tristen) :mrgreen:

kelren (Ashe and Scarlett) :mrgreen:

pixie30 (Nate and Amber Damage) :mrgreen:

ashpie88 (Raif and Moira) :mrgreen:

ladybug65 (Cato and KelloKitty) :mrgreen:

Maezinha (Angel and Cornilia Neverland) :mrgreen:

Simpixie2255 (Zach and Ramona Clear) :mrgreen:

Announcements.jpg
Scores and assignment two:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/385239.page
jz8tDGb.png
Steam: JKAmaryllis

Comments

• JKAmaryllisJKAmaryllis Posts: 3,741 Member
    edited June 2011
    Assignment.jpg

Assignment One: Romantic spot

Basically where is your couples' favorite romantic retreat? Is it some place they go on vacation every year? Or is it a place nearby they go often for a date? Is it alone and secluded? Or is it loud and full of energy (like a club)? Show us your goth/punk couple in their favorite romantic spot.

*Due Tomorrow!*
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    jz8tDGb.png
    edited June 2011
    ashpie88 wrote:
    Assignment 1: Romantic Spot
    hitchedassign1.png
    Raif & Moira's favorite spot is at a nearby lake. They could spend hours there staring out at the deep blue water and watching the fish. They even spend alone time there, Raif loves to fish and Moira loves to read. It's a perfect spot for them!

Spychip wrote:
    Haha, I got it done pretty early XD

Assignment 1:
    Screenshot-1435.jpg
    The ramshackle blue house on the end of the road. It's been up for sale for years, but nobody's ever bought it. Or taken an interest in it, for that matter.
    Carrick and I first broke in when we were teens and it's been a special place ever since.
    One night, I walked in and written right on the wall was Carrick's marriage proposal - short and sweet, the basic 'Will you marry me?'; but sweeter words have never been spoken and I don't think they ever will.
    jXowF.jpg We love to hang out by the graveyard... It;s so fun! It's where we met actually. But thats another story...
    Simanims wrote:
    Our most romantic place? Well theres no contest, its not a graveyard as such, well it is but...well no one else knows its there. Hidden high above Bridgeport its our place, our quiet place. Theres such a sense of freedom knowing its yours. Some people would say it was creepy and I suppose to those people it is. But to us there's no where better.

Click for full :)

nightlove.jpg"width=640"
    Shizuko87 wrote:
    Screenshot-266-2-1.jpg
    It may not be the most romantic place for most people but Damien and Alice love to spend their time in a hidden asylum. If they aren't exploring, they are just relaxing in one of the rooms. They may think they are alone but what they don't realize is that the place is haunted!

Maezinha wrote:
    Assignment One: Romantic spot

Angel and Cornilia's romantic spot is the Bridgeport Eternal Rest Cemetery, where they usually go at least once a week usually on a Friday, just to relax and talk about how they week went, it a very quite and serene place to spend a beauty night with that special someone.

Screenshot-2400.jpg

ladybug65 wrote:

Assignment 1:
    Our favorite romantic spot to go is to our local dance club. We dance all night even if we are the only ones there. I also love this dance club because this is where I got my first kiss from Cato and He told me he loved me here. Of Course I told him the same.
    161c414.jpg
    kelren837 wrote:
    Our place? The roof. It is our spot to go late at night , alone and secluded. Our place to listen to the owls and watch the stars go by.

taOgV.jpg

:mrgreen:
    9gy7ut.jpg
    Ramona an Zach love this little hidden cemetery that Ramona had picked for their first date. Zach wasn't too sure about it at first but when the sun rose on the most amazing night of dinner long talks and dancing, it was his favorite place. Every once in awhile hey sneek of after class and dance till sunrise.
    pixie30 wrote:
    Hope this is good enough :)

Assignment One:
    Models; Nate + Amber Damage!

Our town is very small, we both was born and raised here, there isn't many places for us to go, but we like it that way. The weather is usally terrible we get a few sunny days, but our town is known for snow or rain, which sucks in the summer. We don't go out much, during the day that is, during the day we like to spend our time doing what we have to do, Nate works down at the cemetry and I stay at home, cleaning, reading and sometimes I have my friends over but not alot, Nate has alwasy been the partier. However when he gets home, we usally wait until night falls, then we like to go back to the park where we met, it isn't used anymore, since the swings have rusted and the children were scared of the graves behind the park, when they used to play out here at night they reported ghosts, of course no one belived them, apart from there parents, so they built a new park because of the endless complaints, one in the middle of our small town. It's such a shame seeing a nice little place being left to rot.
    Well, we don't mind how old this place is, or even if it is hanted, this place is special to us, and it's our favorite place to go, it's quiet and we are almost always on our own. There is one downside to going out at this late hour, during the night our town seems to have more rain than the day. But that is life, and no cold, wet rain will stop us from keeping each other warm with out love!

qpf1wn.png
    SimsARL wrote:
    Assignment One

Our romantic spot...is a treehouse. It may seem odd, but it use to be where we played as kids. Where we shared our secrets. Where we played pretend. Of course we changed it up a bit to suit us now, but it will always have the memories.
    [img]http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww91/xBurntApplex/hitched1.png "width=640 height=480"[/img]

My idea I was going to use with generations didn't quite work out, so I had to go a different route. >_<
    amieechu wrote:
    donew.jpg

Full size: http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/1896/donegm.jpg

Helvetica and Cato's favorite place is a small underground bar from down the street. It's the only place in town who let's the local punk bands play.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    jz8tDGb.png
  • SimsARLSimsARL Posts: 14,884 New Member
    edited May 2011
    :shock:
    RESERVE.
    edited May 2011
    awesome!!!!!!!
    jz8tDGb.png
  • horsesrox76horsesrox76 Posts: 2,654 New Member
    edited May 2011
    this looks so COOL
  • amieechuamieechu Posts: 947 Member
    edited May 2011
    I kinda sorta maybe wanna join. xD
    Kind of sad I can't recycle Bailey and Etoile xD
  • SpychipSpychip Posts: 804
    edited May 2011
    Yay! Like I said earlier, I'll join!
    Reserve me and I'll have my form up in an hour ;)
    edited May 2011
    You might be able to... just a goth'd up (or punk) version. I didn't say they have to live on earth ;)
    jz8tDGb.png
    edited May 2011
    Yay! Lovin' it! I will have to update tomorrow though D: Gotta go get ready for work
    jz8tDGb.png
  • Sun2401Sun2401 Posts: 4,992 Member
    edited May 2011
    :cry: I can't do goth!
  • PistolkittenPistolkitten Posts: 5,413 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Bump for one of the original couples comps!

Has nothing to do with the fact I'm judging

:D
    edited May 2011
    Alright, I couldn't resist.

What you prefer to be called: Amiee
    Your couples' names: Helvetica and Cato
    Small Bio of couple (optional): Just two small town artists trying to make their way. Helvetica does the painting and sculpting and Cato does the singing and guitar playing.
    Screenie of couple on a black background:
    screenshot19w.jpg

(Helvetica is the female and Cato is the male in case anyone gets confused)
  • SpychipSpychip Posts: 804
    edited May 2011
    Name: Spychip... however I like nicknames :)
    Couple's names: Carrick (male) and Terralyn (female)
    Screenshot-1439.jpg
    edited May 2011
    She looks so excited to join, Spychippy. xD
  • Shizuko87Shizuko87 Posts: 215 New Member
    edited May 2011
    What you prefer to be called: Shizuko
    Your couples' names: Damien and Alice.
    Screenshot-248-1.jpg
  • simslover740simslover740 Posts: 3,100
    edited May 2011
    WOOO! Definitely joining. Reserve:D
    edited May 2011
    Lovin the couples!! Will update when I get home
    jz8tDGb.png
  • simslover740simslover740 Posts: 3,100
    edited May 2011
    What you prefer to be called: L, or Simslover/
    Your couples' names: Acai Darkness (the red one), Victoria Dubois (the blue one)
    Small Bio of couple (optional): Being vampires and goths are the only things the girls share in common. They are totally different from each other.
    Screenie of couple on a black background: 7PnKl.jpg
  • SimanimsSimanims Posts: 1,603 New Member
    edited May 2011
    ahhh! JK! i'm so happy your doing another cycle! reserve, even though I dont have time xD
    edited May 2011
    Yay for so many great couples already!
    edited May 2011
    Yay! Time to update :D

Simanims: lol I really don't have time to host this but I couldn't sleep one morning I was thinking about it and I had to xD
    jz8tDGb.png
    edited May 2011
    Assignment One has been posted!
    jz8tDGb.png
  • SimanimsSimanims Posts: 1,603 New Member
    edited May 2011
    awesome assignment, and I already have an idea but I need to get on with work >.< I'm getting distracted right now hanging around here xD Will have my couple up later :)
    edited May 2011
    Awesome! I can't wait to see them :D
    jz8tDGb.png
    edited May 2011
    Kinda wish I had time to join rather than just judge lol
    I can think of just the perfect couple too :D