Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Children are ♥ ... but how many?

I personally love having two sims start a family. It's the cutest thing and I love taking care of children & seeing them grow up. Don't you?

. How many children do you like having in a family? And why?

. What's the BIGGEST family you've ever had? :P How was it?

Comments

• lunasysimslunasysims Posts: 5,858 Member
    edited May 2011
    I like having 2-3 children, just because that seems the easiest to manage while still being fun.

Biggest family I've ever had was five children - all GIRLS :shock: - and their two parents. :D

And I love your signature. :mrgreen:
    Happiness is always just a plumbob away.
  • vanderpawsvanderpaws Posts: 2,437 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Well the most i have had is 6 it was hard.
    and i like having 2 or 3.
  • GouacheGouache Posts: 823 Member
    edited May 2011
    I'm playing a family with 5 kids, it's really stressful. Most of them are teenagers now.
  • starfire1997starfire1997 Posts: 3,238 New Member
    edited May 2011
    I like having three. Usually a boy and twin girls.

By biggest family do you mean how many kids because if by that then I had a single parent with 7 kids. All toddlers. The parent was miserable :twisted:
    The mom somehow "disappered"
  • SimsGirl003SimsGirl003 Posts: 1,253 New Member
    edited May 2011
    @candyheartsny

Thank you for the compliment on my siggy. :D

Aww I feel bad for the daddy in your family with ALL girls. Not even 1 boy. xD Must've been really fun to play though. (:
  • Nytwng9199Nytwng9199 Posts: 1,420 Member
    edited May 2011
    I've played a family of six kids and 2 adults, as well. It's a challenge, especially with so little for the kids to do. Hopefully that will be changing soon... :wink:
  • ponchieooponchieoo Posts: 1,417 Member
    edited May 2011
    max about 6 ; but i mostly want to play 1 - 2.. but i always have like 6 kids in the end then the ones i don't play they turn gay and have no kids...
  • CuddlyBunCuddlyBun Posts: 6,514 New Member
    edited May 2011
    2-4 or no kids, depends on the family. I like when kids have someone else to grow up with. :)

Biggest family had 9 kids in the same house (I have a mod that increases the size a household can be). I think I began to hate kids after that, lol.
  • Kally92Kally92 Posts: 113 New Member
    edited May 2011
    I usually only have 2-3 kids, because they take so much time to grow up and I just get bored of them. I don't like dealing with a lot of babies/toddlers. I've only done a slightly bigger family one time, and they had four children. The wife kept rolling the want to have another, and I almost gave in... then decided there was no way I was dealing with another toddler anytime soon.
  • tylinntylinn Posts: 620 New Member
    edited May 2011
    I like having 2-3 Kids its easy to manage and fun. Im doing the 100 baby challenge right now so at the moment my biggest family is 27 kids.
  • xocaptiveoxxocaptiveox Posts: 1,352 New Member
    edited May 2011
    I usually go with an eight person family. Six children and the two parents.

I also start with just the parents and then build the family. But other times I make them meet as teenagers. So they are like high school sweethearts.
  • FayeShinomoriFayeShinomori Posts: 3,523 Member
    edited May 2011
    The most children my Sims have ever had was six. The most scandalous arrivals were the births of three children between my male Sim and the maid whom he married and broke up with his wife for. And he had already had three children by his first wife. Six children is the max my Sims have ever had. Right now my current generation only has four and they're all Teens so no more babies for Clarissa and Cerberus.
  • dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited May 2011
    I always have 2 or 3 kids plus the parents
    It's pretty fun... until they become toddlers DUN DUN DUN....
    Gmmov8T.gif
    edited May 2011
    tylinn wrote:
    I like having 2-3 Kids its easy to manage and fun. Im doing the 100 baby challenge right now so at the moment my biggest family is 27 kids.

:shock: Are all the 27 kids the same age?! Oh my goodness...and did the same sim have all those babies?
  • tylinntylinn Posts: 620 New Member
    edited May 2011
    tylinn wrote:

:shock: Are all the 27 kids the same age?! Oh my goodness...and did the same sim have all those babies?

No they arent all the same age the ones that moved out are YA I currently have 1 toddler and 2 teens and shes pregnant again and YES she gave birth to each and every one of them.
  • pr0x1mapr0x1ma Posts: 5,898 Member
    edited May 2011
    I really can't remember....I play with mods, so it lets me have a bigger than 8 household.

But...I'm gonna guess six. I had six infants all together. I wanted three boys and three girls at once, so I had the three girls and turned aging off and had three boys.

The most I like to have is around three. It makes it easier to focus on them.
    tumblr_mr2v3r8OEc1rsik0po1_400.gif
  • lunasysimslunasysims Posts: 5,858 Member
    edited May 2011
    @candyheartsny

Thank you for the compliment on my siggy. :D

Aww I feel bad for the daddy in your family with ALL girls. Not even 1 boy. xD Must've been really fun to play though. (:

You're welcome. I was actually just introduced to K-pop a week or two ago and I love it.

I know! He loved his girls, but once four of them reached the teenage level he left the house quite often. :lol:

Happiness is always just a plumbob away.
  • sims3fan1235sims3fan1235 Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited May 2011
    I usually have two to four children. Sometimes the parents has five or six children (most probably because one of them is family-oriented.) I like to see how the children will look like.

The biggest family I've ever had was eight - never going back... maybe.
  • StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    edited May 2011
    I personally love having two sims start a family. It's the cutest thing and I love taking care of children & seeing them grow up. Don't you?

No, I dont.
    I know it's a big part of the game, to have children and raise them, but I can't stand it. My sims have more important things to do than be a slave to those little rug rats.
    Children are okay, I guess. The 2 I've had stayed at the pc writting novels. I give them a break every once in a while for bathroom and eating. :lol:
    I have 1 kid, if it isn't too much trouble, it may make it to teen. I wont kill them, just stop playing the family.

• ihatepizza210ihatepizza210 Posts: 1,620 New Member
    edited May 2011

It depends on the family how many children I make them have. I had one of my sims marry Jared Frio and was not planning on making them have any kids then I found out that Jared already had one with Claire Ursine :shock: So then I moved the kid in and now I'm debating on whether they should have another.

The current sim I'm playing has...11 (or 12? I can't remember) children. She is a single mother. And I have a mod so they all live in the same house. It's pretty hectic.
    edited May 2011

It depends on the family how many children I make them have. I had one of my sims marry Jared Frio and was not planning on making them have any kids then I found out that Jared already had one with Claire Ursine :shock: So then I moved the kid in and now I'm debating on whether they should have another.

The current sim I'm playing has...11 (or 12? I can't remember) children. She is a single mother. And I have a mod so they all live in the same house. It's pretty hectic.

That family you're taking care of seems like a huge challenge! I don't think I could haddle it, I would need cheats or mods. x)

I get a little annoyed when a sim already has a child with someone else. If I start a family with that particular sim, it'll be akward. :3 It's happened to me before in my game, but not with Jared. :P
  • camillecamille Posts: 480
    edited May 2011
    How many children... Well one is my max and they usually stay toddler cause I don't active the aging...

Biggest family ? Two person, the father do not live with the mother and their daugther (:
  • ihatepizza210ihatepizza210 Posts: 1,620 New Member
    edited May 2011

That family you're taking care of seems like a huge challenge! I don't think I could haddle it, I would need cheats or mods. x)

I get a little annoyed when a sim already has a child with someone else. If I start a family with that particular sim, it'll be akward. :3 It's happened to me before in my game, but not with Jared. :P

ehh I had no idea he had one until a while after I had him move in. Just never checked his family tree for some reason. It added an interesting twist though. Those things happen in real life, so I ran with it. I made up a story in my head that he didn't know about her and one day he somehow find out and Claire Ursine is a criminal and she ended up in jail so Jared had to take the kid, etc. lol My game can get pretty dramatic at times...
    edited May 2011

ehh I had no idea he had one until a while after I had him move in. Just never checked his family tree for some reason. It added an interesting twist though. Those things happen in real life, so I ran with it. I made up a story in my head that he didn't know about her and one day he somehow find out and Claire Ursine is a criminal and she ended up in jail so Jared had to take the kid, etc. lol My game can get pretty dramatic at times...

Haha! Well those events like finding out your sims already has a daughter with someone makes the game more interesting. Or else it gets boring and all the families in a town all end up being perfect and with no drama. xD
  • miloandotismiloandotis Posts: 5,475 New Member
    edited May 2011
    I LOVE big families. With cheats of course. x)

I had a family with two parents, 6 children, and a grandchild all in the same family once. Oh! And I think the boyfriend ended up moving in at some point too. I use mods to allow more in a household. ^-^