Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Greenbelt Lot ... Egyptian Vacation Residence

BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
"Simple" does not mean you have to give up "Luxury".

Some people stay on very long "getaways" while traveling overseas in places like Egypt.
On shorter jaunts it is easy to keep occupied, and require little domestic logistics at the same time.
As your Sims develope, they may reach a point where there are a few more things they need to prosper abroad.
More importantly, the last thing you need to give up when on the road is luxury.

When "living out of a backpack" no longer serves your better purpose, but a fullscale house is no more necessary, then you can consider a retreat like this residence. This "open-air" house provides everything the seasoned traveler needs when away from home.

greenbelt1.jpg

Egyptian Vacation Residence:
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4097800

The bedroom is adequately furnished to supply a good night's sleep.
It also provides stunning night-time views of the Sphynx and two Pyramids.

greenbelt2.jpg

The residence supports a full kitchen assortment and dining for six.

greenbelt3.jpg

The single enclosed bathroom has every necessity covered.

greenbelt4.jpg

I have included a small cellar for nectar, and a decent place to catch up on some entertainment.

greenbelt5.jpg

greenbelt6.jpg

Not showcased in these pictures, are a skill's developement area, meditation area and ample room for a hobby garden for your rare fruits when not at home.

NO CUSTOM CONTENT ... but obviously World Adventures and Ambitions Expansion Packs Required.

Stop by my studio if you are interested, and I look forward to any comments on possible revisions to improve the design.

smiley_emoticons_pirate2_biggrin.gif
I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA

Comments

• imogerimoger Posts: 5,783 Member
    edited May 2011
    I really like Egypt-themed lot, yours looks great, I like the open areas. It would be great with a bit more colour on the furnitures or walls.
    Recommended :)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited May 2011
    The Egyptian vacation home looks great! Beautiful colour combination. Lovely interiors. Recommended! :thumbup:
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited May 2011
    imoger wrote:
    It would be great with a bit more colour on the furnitures or walls.

Thanks for the advice on colors ... but that usually spells disaster for me.
    When I experement with colors, textures and designs, it usually looks like a mess.

Example from my Sunset Valley Home ... a display in the basement.

designs.jpg

I better stick with the clean lines and "Spartan" design techniques.

Thanks Again for the recs imoger and yanti68 ... Greatly Appreciated!
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited May 2011
    Love the outdoor living feel and the simplistic interiors. Really nice and elegant :) Off to Rec.
    apple-signature.png
  • LoveEvilLoveEvil Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited May 2011
    Nice build BlackSand, it's very unique. :thumbup:
  • KLoreleiKLorelei Posts: 7,606 Member
    edited May 2011
    BlackSand wrote:
    imoger wrote:
    It would be great with a bit more colour on the furnitures or walls.

Thanks for the advice on colors ... but that usually spells disaster for me.
    When I experement with colors, textures and designs, it usually looks like a mess.

Example from my Sunset Valley Home ... a display in the basement.

designs.jpg

I better stick with the clean lines and "Spartan" design techniques.

Thanks Again for the recs imoger and yanti68 ... Greatly Appreciated!

I don't think that looks like a mess. You could deepen the colors in the rug, that will help "soften" the look of the room.
  • svlynsvlyn Posts: 4,409 Member
    edited May 2011
    I was just going to say the same thing, i think your wall choices are dead on and the love the use of blue. But then i am like you and i struggle with colour too. Love your holiday house. Eygptian is my favorite theme. When i first got that game i lived in Eygpt. I couldnt get enough of it.

Gave you a well deserved rec.
    edited May 2011
    I never expected it would receive positive attention, and I greatly appreciate the kind remarks and advice you all have given.
    Thanks again for your supportive remarks and I also look forward to browsing through a few of your studios.
  • svlynsvlyn Posts: 4,409 Member
    edited May 2011
  • SimShineSimShine Posts: 308 Member
    edited May 2011
    Your vacation home is beautiful. I really like the 'open air' theme. I didn't realize when I read it that basically the whole house would be outside, it was a nice surprise :) I'm off to recommend it for you :)
  • penguinlverpenguinlver Posts: 465
    edited May 2011
    u did a forum on it! i have this house downloaded and am working on getting a level 3 visa. buying the house as soon as i do! :mrgreen:
    edited May 2011
    Take your time my good friend ... because I will use it to complete a few more upgrades to the property.
    By the time you reach the required visa level, I will probably be finished.

Yes ... It is true I haven't spent all my time painting in my underwear on the roof at the Greenbelt Lot.

painting.jpg

Upgrades Include:

garden-1.jpg

I have taken time to planet a hobby garden that will be included in the next upload.
    The garden has Life Plants, and both Gralladina and Cranerlet Grapes (all at perfect quality).

teleporter.jpg

I also included a small office, and large storage/work-space.
    This space allows for more "skills' advancement" options, and even includes a built-in "teleportation booth", and we all know how handy that can come in while in Egypt.

I will notify you when the property has been uploaded in it's revised version.

Edit: Oooops ... I forgot to add not to worry about the price of the house.

If you can afford the initial cost, the Nectar in the cellar is probably worth far more than the cost of the house (some bottles are worth more than 2000 simoleons each).
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited May 2011
    Absolutely beautiful! I have tried to build open air houses before and while they are ok this house is something I wish I could do. My adventuous sim and his new wife will love this. :mrgreen: DRF!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
    edited May 2011
    Thanks bshag for the kind comments and the rec.

I will say in advance that items have been added to the revised version that are rewards from some of the Adventures. I have no idea how this may result in your gameplay, so if you are nervous about it, simply remove the items in "Buy Mode" prior to moving in. Items include, but are not limited to, the Axe of Pangu (hanging on wall in work area) and Eyes of Horus (in the teleporter booth). All other items are in the three treasure chests in the Nectar Cellar.

I am not saying it will be a problem ... I just don't know if it will.
    With no further delay, the Revised Version of the Lot is now available at my studio.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4139482

Some of the changes are simple cosmetics and added art and such.

revised1.jpg

Some improvements involve added accessories, and more skill opportunities.

revised5.jpg

revised3.jpg

revised2.jpg

As well as the added work space, and the teleporter I gave a peek at in the earlier post, I added an office too.

revised4.jpg

I hope the place works out for you, and during testing it worked fine for me.
    I always appreciate any comments on design or ideas for improvement ... Enjoy!

Have A Great Day Simming!

smiley_emoticons_pirate2_biggrin.gif
  • penguinlverpenguinlver Posts: 465
    edited May 2011
    BlackSand wrote:
    Take your time my good friend ... because I will use it to complete a few more upgrades to the property.
    By the time you reach the required visa level, I will probably be finished.

Yes ... It is true I haven't spent all my time painting in my underwear on the roof at the Greenbelt Lot.

painting.jpg

Upgrades Include:

garden-1.jpg

I have taken time to planet a hobby garden that will be included in the next upload.
    The garden has Life Plants, and both Gralladina and Cranerlet Grapes (all at perfect quality).

teleporter.jpg

I also included a small office, and large storage/work-space.
    This space allows for more "skills' advancement" options, and even includes a built-in "teleportation booth", and we all know how handy that can come in while in Egypt.

I will notify you when the property has been uploaded in it's revised version.

Edit: Oooops ... I forgot to add not to worry about the price of the house.

If you can afford the initial cost, the Nectar in the cellar is probably worth far more than the cost of the house (some bottles are worth more than 2000 simoleons each).
    omg its even better! this is an amazing lot thank you so much for uploading and revising it and everything!