Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    edited May 2017
    The problem is I don't know which one, he said to me
    But to solve this lock I must propose this key
    Five of the six must meet their fate tonight with me
    There must be fifty ways to kill your simmie

He said it's really not my habit to be cruel
    But my morals have lapsed now that I'm a ghoul
    So I repeat myself, I hope you take my drift
    There must be fifty ways to kill your simmie,
    Fifty ways to kill your simmie

Get shut in the bed, Fred
    Knock on Death's door, Cor
    Or jump in the pool, Rahool
    And let yourself drown

A meteor from the sky, Ty
    By telescopic spy
    Or just let yourself starve, Marv
    Another simmie down

One by one tonight my vengeance will unfold
    And by dawn a grizzly sight the last will behold
    Their fate is sealed, to live a lifetime here with me
    There must be fifty ways to kill your simmie

Get burnt by the stove, Tove
    Rant about Death, Beth
    Shocked by the TV, Lee
    Get a mummy's curse

Shake a vending machine, Jean
    Or eat a jelly bean!
    Get ate by a plant, Grant
    And it just gets worse
    Post edited by creativemetaphor on
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Love your fun poems @creativemetaphor, but it's not the simmers but the simmies that you want to kill here! Just thought I should make that distinction for you.
    @ciane picky, picky ;)
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    LOL I need some remedial reading and comprehension help. I misread the brief and totally messed up on the budget. I've done the entire challenge thinking the budget was only 150k. Whew! Now I can go back in and add some lights :) LOL!
    edited May 2017
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #190 - Mr. Boddy's Mansion

NAME: creativemetaphor

LINK TO LOT: Give Me A Clue Note that this uploaded build is a modified version and does not fully conform to the requirements of this contest (includes better kitchen appliances, beds in all rooms, access to secret passages, access to 7th upstairs room)
    Mr. Boddy and his Guests

LINK TO MEDIA: Give Me A Clue: Morte Mansion

2%20Exterior%2020_zpsimd2zo6d.jpg?511

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: n/a - I created the characters and ran them around the mansion a bit but didn't kill any of them off.

LEVEL: intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40x40 lot, final cost $249,951, 96 True Terrace, Midnight Hollow

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: The unlucky Mr. Boddy's ghost isn't sure who is responsible for his death, so he invites all six suspects over for a very deadly game. Senator Scarlet, the widowed Mrs. Mulberry, Professor Peacock, General Green, Marquis de Mustard, and Reverend Rice.

Morte Mansion is built in Midnight Hollow, and it's Gothic inspiration and imperfect symmetry fits the grim landscape around it. Inside is decorated in traditional styles: old furnishings, with warm colors, large patterns, and dimly lit rooms. The screenshots were taken at night to enhance the sense of doom that hangs over the mansion.

Gargoyles watch from above as the six guests arrive to their fate, to be locked in one of the many rooms. The entry hall leads to the central foyer which connects to all other rooms. The Conservatory, filled with rare plants, fruit trees, and exotic fauna. The Library, decorated with Mr. Boddy's Egyptian artifacts. The Study, where the bones of the dead are on display, with a private veranda. The Lounge with its comfortable furniture. The kitchen with garden and cellar. The dining room with elegant sideboard. The billiard room with bar. The Ballroom with private veranda for taking the air.

The mansion contains the keys to various methods of demise - low end appliances, fireplaces, a vending machine, a telescope, a sarcophagus which may contain a mummy, a pool, a cow plant, a megaphone, and various electronics that may be tinkered with - laptop, tv, radio, dishwasher.

Upstairs, the six bedrooms are decorated in one of six colors and themes - the Ivory Room (white/African), the Saffron Room (yellow/Chinese), the Juniper Room (green/Celtic), the Peacock Room (blue/Indian), the Orchid Room (purple/Japanese), the Garnet Room (red/Greco-Roman).

There is also a seventh room upstairs - the Sable Room - which contains Mr. Boddy's coffin and urn (yes, I realize this is redundant, but it looks cool.) This room is not accessible to the Sims. Perhaps a restless spirit can pass through...

Nods to some Clue weapons also appear in the rooms - the cane, the knife, the dagger, the rope, the fire poker, the candlestick.

There are also secret passages between opposite rooms - between the Study and the Billiard Room, and between the Kitchen cellar and the Conservatory. These passages are also not accessible to the Sims to prevent them from escaping their fate.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: n/a
    Post edited by creativemetaphor on
    It's a truly beautiful build @creativemetaphor. Really, really nice job! @Kgaff - I couldn't imagine doing it for 150k. You are truly gifted!
    @kgaff :lol: that's the good kind of woops that means you have a huge budget to add - at least you didn't think it said 350k and need to downsize!

@ciane Thank you :) Looks like the slideshow got all out of order when I posted so I've edited to put it back on track so the rooms follow logically.
    @ciane and @creativemetaphor Ha! I'm not so truly gifted because it's almost empty and I was using all the cheap windows and doors and pool walls trying to scrape by on such a small budget. I was glad I only had to put two beds!!

Now I can go back and do what I wanted to do in the first place. I have 100k to decorate with YAY!!!

I started going through your slideshow CM but there seemed to be a lot of pics of the same rooms over and over. I'll have to check out the post. I did like what I saw though. I love the balcony overlooking the main hall, especially the corner ones, very creative idea. :)
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited May 2017
    @creativemetaphor: I really LOVE that mansion! I can't wait for you to post the link so I can download it. :) Once again I'm having problems with photobucket slideshows; I see the first three or four images, then the entire thing slides downward, and I only see the tops of each of the pictures. Guess I'll just have to look at it in game! It looks like you placed it in Midnight Hollow. I may place it in Moonlight Falls instead, just because MH is so hard to work with.

I hope I get my entry done in time, but if not, at least I have yours and Ciane's to play with. <3 And Kgaff's, when hers gets posted.

Btw, in your poem you said "a grizzly sight" and I think you meant "a grisly sight". Unless you meant they were eaten by a bear. And maybe you did. :lol:
    @MiaSkywalker ...I knew that.

>.>

I was just testing you . :mrgreen:
    Updated my entry with a modified version of the build, including beds in *all* the rooms, access to the secret passages, and better kitchen appliances.
    edited May 2017
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #190 - Mr. Boddy's Mansion

NAME: Kgaff

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9091888

LINK TO MEDIA: Please be warned, this is a big place so there are a lot of pictures :ohttp://s1320.photobucket.com/user/KGaff/slideshow/BnS 190 Mr Boddy

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: n/a

LEVEL: intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40x40, 647 Farmer Valley Road, Riverview, 213,956 final cost

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Boddy Manor

Boddy%20Manor%2004_zps9le53efd.jpg

Was it Mrs. Peacock in the library with the candlestick or possibly Col. Mustard in the lounge with the revolver? Or did Ms. Scarlet get eaten by the cow plant in the conservatory. Come explore the Boddy Mansion and play a game of clue.

I didn't want to make a dark, scary, gothic mansion so I went with a more contemporary McMansion style. I think it still has a sense of foreboding on the inside with the dark blues and reds I used.

I used the board game for the initial layout of the first floor rooms to keep the feeling and flow of the original game.

Instead of the empty hallways at the front of the house, I put in a small powder room and a cloak room.

The upstairs is completely made up by me There are the six bedrooms with baths for the game characters and one room for the body of Mr. Boddy.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: "yes"
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: n/a

Edited to add link for the lot
    Post edited by Kgaff on
    @Kgaff Beautiful!!! I love your roof, landscaping, and that tea balcony in the conservatory is fantastic! I love that triple apron you have in the kitchen, never thought to do that! The warm and inviting exterior definitely belies the grisly fates of the guests ;)

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Hello lovelies, just to let you know that challenge #190 is now officially closed! We are working on getting challenge #191 up as soon as possible for y'all :smile:
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited June 2017
    Double post :blush:
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Challenge #191 - Koi Herring

You sit back in your desk chair knowing that despite the very unusual brief, you did your best and hope Mr Boddy would have been happy with the manor you created for him.

Rose buzzes through and advises you that your next client has arrived. You ask her to show them through. Rising from your chair, you head toward the door and you manage to open it just as Rose reaches you. She smiles a very knowing smile and introduces Ms Herring. A fairly severe looking, dark skinned, grey haired, elderly lady who looks nothing like what you had pictured from the sparse detail you had on why she needed your services.

“Ms Herring, thank you for coming into see me today.”

“You are welcome.” She says in a clipped English accent.

You pull out the seat in front of your desk, but she goes to the couch in the corner, another surprise.

“So, how can we be of service?”

“Well, my niece is coming to join me in Sunset Valley shortly and he will need somewhere to live.”

“Your niece, OK, how old is she?” You ask, thinking he must be in his mid-late thirties judging from the lady in front of you.

“She has just turned 16.”

“Are her parents joining her?” You ask, fairly sure that she can’t be expecting a 16 year old girl to move halfway across the world on her own.

“No, it’s just Koi.”

“Koi? What an unusual name.”

She sighs and you guess that she has heard this statement a number of times.

“My parents are Herrings, my brother, in his ingenuity, decided to call all of his children after fish. Koi, loves her name and her heritage, I on the other hand would rather not make a living as an angler.”

“Your parents were fishing folk?” Yes, they were bought up in South Africa and made a living off of the rivers there. They emigrated to England when my older brother was due to start school. I was born there, but I never felt like I fit in there, so I came to Sunset Valley when I turned 16. Koi was recently informed of this turn of events and has decided that she wishes to follow in my footsteps, so to speak.”
    “And what’s Koi like?”

“She’s a very keen angler, so much so that she says that she wishes her home to be inspired by her grandparents home. So, she wants something a little modern but not too fancy, but there must be fish, both inside and out. She loves watching them swim, she says she finds it incredibly relaxing. I do not understand it myself, but if it is what she wants then it is what she must have. I have been working on getting her enrolled into “The School of Peace and Love.” Again, not my choice, but it suits her leanings. She is hoping to go to University and study science and medicine when she comes of age.”

“Wow, she’s certainly got her life path figured out, which is amazing for someone of her young age.” You say, hoping Ms Herring will get the subtle hint that you think Koi is too young to live on her own.

“Yes, she knows what she wants from life, that is for sure. I have managed to secure the plot of land next to my residence for you to build her home, so she won’t be too far away” You sigh inwardly, this lady does really seem to care about her niece, maybe she will do fine on her own.”

“I live at 86 Landgraab Avenue, and I have purchased number 74 for Koi. You have a budget of $50,000.” She rises from her seat on the couch and holds her hand out to shake, the meeting is obviously at an end. You advise her that the home should be ready within the month. As she leaves, you catch Rose’s eye and see a subtle raising of her left eyebrow, you smile to yourself and she shows Ms Herring out.

Brief:

Build on 74 Landgraab Avenue
    2 Bedrooms
    1.5 Bathrooms
    Study Area
    Fishing opportunities outside and fish inside
    Fairly modern, but not too fancy
    $50,000 (You do not need to include the cost of your lot within the budget as Ms Herring has already purchased the land)

Optional Challenge

Create Koi Herring and her Aunt, Ms Herring. All their traits and aspirations are yours to choose as you see fit!

Deadline: Friday, June 30th, 2017, Midnight EST
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @BuildnShare I thought I would bring it to your attention that the thread name is still for Mr Boddy's Mansion and needs to be updated for the new challenge. :)
    Kgaff wrote: »
    @BuildnShare I thought I would bring it to your attention that the thread name is still for Mr Boddy's Mansion and needs to be updated for the new challenge. :)
    Many thanks, it's been fixed!!

GArBA5W.jpg
    This one is percolating in my brain. Not quite sure on how I'll go about it yet, but I have some ideas. Very intriguing and unexpectedly amusing brief :)
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,261 Member
    edited June 2017

Could certainly do something fun with this one :smiley:
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,261 Member

Red Herring and Koi look great @ciane . Nice modern and clean lines in the home and I like how you integrated the pond with the patio. Well done! Rec'd
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited June 2017
    I decided to give this a try but I want to make sure I understand the requirements.

Koi is supposed to be a teen? I made her a young adult and used her to test my house. But I can change her into a teen and make her a part of a household with her aunt.

Here is what she looks like as a young adult. I had her go out to catch some fish for the aquarium. I decided to put salt water fish in the aquarium and fresh water fish in the pond.

Because of the setting for this lot I decided to go with a rustic modern house, circa 1970's. Not sure if that is modern enough. I still need to do some changes to the decor but here is a peek ...
    7IhgM35.jpg

and a look at the pond.
    yrIfEou.jpg

Also can we use CC? Koi has CC hair, skin, eyes. blush, lipstick and patterns. The house has some CC patterns.

Edited to remove dead photobucket links to pictures.
    Post edited by cwaddell on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top