Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    @Lilypink79 Welcome :) I hope you join in, this is a friendly challenge and we all have a great time.

@iampes23 Oooh, good question about the front door location. I hadn't even thought about changing the front of the lot, Good idea :)
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    iampes23 wrote: »
    a clarification: by saying we can change the design of the roof, that means we can do a totally different roof then the current roof style? That was my take

I certainly hope so! I deleted the old and totally rebuilt, while, of course, still covering the same territory.

• Options
    Lilypink79Lilypink79 Posts: 115 Member
    > @Kgaff said:
    > @Lilypink79 Welcome :) I hope you join in, this is a friendly challenge and we all have a great time.
    >
    Thank you :) i'm about half way through my design and about 80% through my budget but having so much fun haha
    I've got 99 problems and TS4 glitches are 99 of them
  • Options
    creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    Kgaff wrote: »
    @iampes23 Oooh, good question about the front door location. I hadn't even thought about changing the front of the lot, Good idea :)

LOL I can't imagine it would be a problem... (since I totally did that!) >.>
  • Options
    KesminlixKesminlix Posts: 252 Member
    Okay... so let me get this right...
    • We can add doors and windows, but we cannot remove or move any of the currently existing ones
    • We can add as much furniture/decor we want as long as the original furnishing are somewhere on the lot and we stay within budget
    • We can recolor and landscape to our heart's desire
    • We can add a porch or other outdoor living features, but we cannot add anymore rooms/living space inside the home
    • We can build any out-buildings (garden shed/shack/garage) we want as all long as their walls do not touch the house
    • We can do whatever we want with the roof
    • We can place this lot on any size and in any world

@BuildnShare (as well as everyone else) let me know if I missed something or got something incorrect.... I think we're all excited but yet confused about this month's BnS ;)
  • Options
    Kesminlix wrote: »
    [*] We can add doors and windows, but we cannot remove or move any of the currently existing ones

More accurately, maybe, we can't delete or move them, but we can replace the doors and windows on a one-for-one exchange, keeping them in the same spot (and limited to the wall space of the original), and we can add any other doors, windows, and arches.
  • Options
    I understand we can change the exterior walls coverings. What about the interior wall and floor coverings? Can we replace them or recolour only?
  • Options
    sorry for double posting... (are we unable to edit posts?)

Can we delete or replace the existing plants, shrubs and trees?
  • Options
    missroxormissroxor Posts: 392 Member
    iampes23 wrote: »
    I hate to do this, but more questions :blush:

First, a clarification: by saying we can change the design of the roof, that means we can do a totally different roof then the current roof style? That was my take, but I do not want to be disqualified for my way of thinking. lol

And second, does the current only door to the home have to be considered as on the front of the home? Since we are allowed to add another door, can I also switch the side of the house I consider as the front?

Thanks for being so patient with us all!

Hope so as I’ve already deleted the roof and changed what side is the front 😬 but I got the impression that we’re all flapping a bit expecting it to be a lot stricter than it actually is so I’ve decided to chill and just concentrate on replacing windows/doors, keeping the furniture and not adding/deleting walls that touch the main structure 😄
  • Options
    Lilypink79 wrote: »
    sorry for double posting... (are we unable to edit posts?)

Can we delete or replace the existing plants, shrubs and trees?

Once you are a "member", rather than a "new member", you'll be able to edit your posts. Member status takes 30 posts by you (I think) and "likes" by the community. So, you need to be a bit chatty and we need to help you out, liking your posts.

To edit, you hover the mouse over your post and a gear symbol appears in the top right of the box. When you place your mouse over that gear, it changes from an arrow to a hand. Click then gets you the ability to edit.

I both changed and recolored walls and deleted outdoor plants, but kept the indoors ones. Hmm, maybe I should have kept those plants when I deleted the planter fencing outside.

• Options
    missroxor wrote: »
    I got the impression that we’re all flapping a bit expecting it to be a lot stricter than it actually is so I’ve decided to chill and just concentrate on replacing windows/doors, keeping the furniture and not adding/deleting walls that touch the main structure 😄

:lol: that's probably very, very true!
  • Options
    Well, I changed all the wall coverings inside and out, deleted the plants and the fences. I might have used the same plants someplace else, I didn't pay attention. I totally changed the roof and added dormers.

Whew! I have spent 109,000 plus change so far. I am running out of room to put stuff and I don't know what else to put in! I'm using the most expensive stuff I can. I only added one door but no extra windows. Oh, oh!! I just thought of some more clutter, gotta go! :)
  • Options
    I just passed 145k. lol
  • Options
    > @creativemetaphor said:
    > I just passed 145k. lol

LOL i'm just short of 123k and still have 3 rooms to do. I did hit 156k before i'd started on the house and panicked until I realised i'd added a fountain costing 55k
  • Options
    I'm still way under 100k, but I am thinking of moving to a bigger lot (maybe).
  • Options
    Okay, 149,965. I think except for some fussing and a little more recoloring I'm done.
  • Options
    > @ciane said:
    > I'm still way under 100k, but I am thinking of moving to a bigger lot (maybe).

I moved to a 40x50 lot. I wanted it on a 64x64 lot but even though it looked like there was space it said the terrain was unroutable

> @creativemetaphor said:
    > Okay, 149,965. I think except for some fussing and a little more recoloring I'm done.
    Isn't the budget 140k or have I misread it?

I'm looking forward to seeing both your creations :)
  • Options

Wut? *looks again*

:anguished:

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
  • Options

Wut? *looks again*

:anguished:

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

:# Yikes!
  • Options
    Welp, still got 22 days to edit. /grumblegrumble should have double checked that budget grumblegrumble/

Actually, it's alright, I went pretty overboard on a lot of items so it shouldn't be too hard to swap down several high priced decor for lower or just kill them outright.

I am really happy with the overall build, even if I do have to lose... 10k worth... :confounded: Mostly I'm happy that even though I stuck to the rules, the original house is almost completely unrecognizable, which was basically the only goal I had - make it look as not like the monotone as I possibly could!
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited November 2018
    I surprised myself by keeping some aspects of the original build; that is, in addition to the things we were required to keep. While I was waiting around to find out about lot size, I started to think of the project as the size it was (just in case), and it then seemed quite big enough for the house size. So, I didn't use the entire budget, but the 95k I did spend seemed like quite enough for the size and type of build. I do like my lot quite a bit and think I might actually use it somewhere in my games.

(Edited for typos - hard to type and concentrate with a dog nose randomly sniffing the side of the keyboard. :D )
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    KesminlixKesminlix Posts: 252 Member
    Wow! I am surprised by how many people are done already! I am still struggling with how I am going to totally redesign this build! :s
    Guess it's time to watch some more HGTV :D
  • Options
    If you all would help Lilypink79 out by liking all her comments, she might be able to post pics in here when the time comes.
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    I have been liking @Lilypink79 's posts as we've gone along, and looking at her page, I think she just needs to have 15 posts now (8 more) to be a full member.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Okay, that was a WHOLE lot more painless than I thought it would be lol Down to 139,620! Time to take screenshots.
    Post edited by creativemetaphor on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top