Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Whew, that was a lot of questions! I think I got them all, but if I missed anything, please repost below :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Thank you so much for answering our myriad questions. And you did get my last two I reposted in your last reply, so don't feel you need to answer again. LOL
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    Thank you @BuildnShare , we sure put you to the test!!! <3
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @BuildnShare Last question, I promise! :innocent: Can the roof of an additional building intersect with the roof of the existing house so long as no walls touch? Two separate structures in terms of walls but with a joined roof?
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    @BuildnShare Last question, I promise! :innocent: Can the roof of an additional building intersect with the roof of the existing house so long as no walls touch? Two separate structures in terms of walls but with a joined roof?

Sure!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    You know what . . . I stayed up until 7 AM this morning and worked on that house. After I got up, I took pictures of it. I think I'm done already, primarily because I keep wanting to change things, but it's the things I can't change.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Wow, @suzses, that is impressive! I'm having a challenge building the house I want with that furniture too. I'm conflicted on contrasting styles, and planning to call the house that!
    I'm almost done as well, though I like to think while I did take the rule to the breaking point, I kept to the exact letter of the rule which says the existing furniture must remain somewhere on the lot. :*:innocent:
    @creativemetaphor - I thought about MOOing furniture over top of anything I didn't want!
    @ciane :lol: I didn't go quite that sneaky - mostly I was worried that if the judges can't actually see the furniture they may count it as having been removed. So all the pieces are fully visible. Just... in a very specific spot. :blush:
    I'm done with the house part, now I'm trying to figure out how to spend the remaining $100,000!!!
    I'm almost done as well, though I like to think while I did take the rule to the breaking point, I kept to the exact letter of the rule which says the existing furniture must remain somewhere on the lot. :*:innocent:

LOL! I'm thinking "storage shed"? LOL! :)
    ciane wrote: »
    Wow, @suzses, that is impressive! I'm having a challenge building the house I want with that furniture too. I'm conflicted on contrasting styles, and planning to call the house that!

LOL I like the name idea.

ciane wrote: »
    @creativemetaphor - I thought about MOOing furniture over top of anything I didn't want!

This occurred to me, but I resisted.

Kgaff wrote: »
    I'm done with the house part, now I'm trying to figure out how to spend the remaining $100,000!!!

I didn't spend all mine but quite enough for what seemed to reasonably go with the house.

Haha. Storage shed. That would be great.

My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    I remembered something this morning about chairs. When I started on the inside, I moved things out of my way, and while it looked to me as though there were two chairs at the dining table, I ended up with three of them. I deleted the third, thinking I had either accidentally cloned one instead of moving it, or it had been someone else's accident that two were placed there over top of each other.

Question is: Do I need to go find a place for that third chair? There's room really, I was just putting them in out of the way places, because (of course) I don't really like that chair.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • missroxormissroxor Posts: 392 Member
    Man, you guys are quick! I’ve had visitors this weekend so only really got about an hour to play this afternoon. In that time I think I managed to move a couple of bits of furniture around and that’s it 😬 ...I might be here a while!
    suzses wrote: »
    I remembered something this morning about chairs. When I started on the inside, I moved things out of my way, and while it looked to me as though there were two chairs at the dining table, I ended up with three of them. I deleted the third, thinking I had either accidentally cloned one instead of moving it, or it had been someone else's accident that two were placed there over top of each other.

Question is: Do I need to go find a place for that third chair? There's room really, I was just putting them in out of the way places, because (of course) I don't really like that chair.

I only have two chairs at the table.
    missroxor wrote: »
    Man, you guys are quick! I’ve had visitors this weekend so only really got about an hour to play this afternoon. In that time I think I managed to move a couple of bits of furniture around and that’s it 😬 ...I might be here a while!

Luckily you have the entire month to play around with your build! :):)

Since the shell and furniture were already there, it went real fast for me just recoloring things and rearranging. It will take me a long time to do the landscaping and get a finished product.
    Kgaff wrote: »

Something like that. ;)
    @ciane :lol: I didn't go quite that sneaky - mostly I was worried that if the judges can't actually see the furniture they may count it as having been removed. So all the pieces are fully visible.

Oh, mine are still visible, but they have been "blended" so I like them better. MOO doesn't have to completely cover up!

suzses wrote: »

Maybe you added a chair at one point and forgot? Or maybe there are two chairs MOOed together?! I know I've moved the table and chairs, but I don't know if I've moved the chairs away from the table and back.
    @ciane Believe me, I did not add one of those chairs. ;) Only thing I can think of is I may have inadvertently used the eyedropper tool when I was moving things. If there were a couple MOO'd together, everyone else would have three, and I don't think they do. I just wanted to know if everyone had two or three and how many needed to be in my build.

The chairs really aren't that bad. I just got very tired of them early in the game and never got over it, I guess.

Speaking of MOO, I did do a little of that to partially disguise another piece I'm not fond of.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    @suzses I have moved the table and I only had two chairs. Sounds like that's the consensus. :)
  • Lilypink79Lilypink79 Posts: 115 Member
    It sounds like you're all having so much (albeit frustrating) fun. Lol I've not entered a contest for years (since sims 2), i've only been back playing the game a few months and have just lurked the last two design and build challenges. I think i'm going to have a go at this one. I've downloaded the house and oh my, it definitely needs your creative brain cells to tick away doesn't it.
    I've got 99 problems and TS4 glitches are 99 of them
    @Lilypink79 Welcome! :mrgreen:
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    I hate to do this, but more questions :blush:

First, a clarification: by saying we can change the design of the roof, that means we can do a totally different roof then the current roof style? That was my take, but I do not want to be disqualified for my way of thinking. lol

And second, does the current only door to the home have to be considered as on the front of the home? Since we are allowed to add another door, can I also switch the side of the house I consider as the front?

Thanks for being so patient with us all!
    @iampes23 I can't answer the questions but I know @BuildnShare isn't into disqualifying people. They may deduct points in judging but they don't just outright throw your entry out if something isn't quite right, especially if it was unintentional. So no worries there :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top