Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    _Princess_Natasha__Princess_Natasha_ Posts: 626 Member
    edited February 2014
    Thank you for the video link!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    _Princess_Natasha__Princess_Natasha_ Posts: 626 Member
    edited February 2014
    I learned something! I never knew to press alt when moving pictures/other wall items! LOL Thanks again!
  • Options
    WaddleWurldWaddleWurld Posts: 13
    edited February 2014
    Hi there, and welcome!
    One entry per person per challenge is correct. I think the judges don't mind if you make more than one, but they'll ask you which one you want to enter.

Optional challenges are as you described, and yes, they're usually at the end of the brief.
    And RE: U-shaped stairs, I was talking about a square spiral staircase. If you feel like trying one out, there's a tutorial here.
    Your name is adorable btw!
    Thank you and thank you very much! :D
    WaddleWurld - Welcome to BnS! It's always nice to see new faces! I can't wait to see what you come up with for Mr. Chambers! One entry per person is how it works. And you're right about the optional challenge. It's at the end of the building challenge and if/when there is one it usually consists of making the family and taking pictures of them in their new house! I knowsaint_gambi already answered, however I just wanted to back her up!
    And again: thank you both! :D
    I also had difficult with the budget...I would have loved to add more to my landscape and add a few more pieces of decoration but I think I have about 88 simoles left...lol.
    I think I'm off to go submit my entry in a few...!
    (Edit: I have 10 simoleons left at this point...oops?)
  • Options
    suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited February 2014
    Lebanna wrote:

Edit: oh and I like this video on MOO, it gives some inspiration what you could do with it :)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVxgamYi9eo

Great video, thanks for the link!

I just got sucked into watching some of her speed builds -- I am hooked now and it is all your fault :mrgreen:
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    edited February 2014
    suepea wrote:
    Lebanna wrote:

Edit: oh and I like this video on MOO, it gives some inspiration what you could do with it :)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVxgamYi9eo

Great video, thanks for the link!

I just got sucked into watching some of her speed builds -- I am hooked now and it is all your fault :mrgreen:

Fine! I'll take the blame! Haha.:mrgreen: lol, I just love her videos. She has such a different style. It's so inspirational. I just recently 'discovered' her :D
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • Options
    trashdockatrashdocka Posts: 142 Member
    edited February 2014
    trashdocka - Your architecture is lovely. I love the exterior paint choice and the fireplace paint choice. Your landscape is gorgeous and adds a lot of curb appeal. I love the pond and arched bridge! The office is lovely however I would have liked to see a different pattern or two used. I don't like it when the same pattern is on everything. It is so unrealistic. Maybe just a simple blue on the sofa or something would have sufficed. I love the sitting room with the floral chairs, gorgeous rug, and pretty pink walls! You used patterns very well here! And the pink is so pretty! The dinning room is also pretty. The pink bedroom is pretty but again a different pattern on the bed would have made a huge difference! If you use TestingCheatsEnabled and shift + click the wine wracks you can make them testable which fills them with wine bottles; it adds a little bit of realism to your pictures! :) You have a lot of potential and I'd love to see more builds from you in the future! :)

Thank you so much for the comment!I might have gotten a little crazy with the flower pattern but i just fell in love with it so much XD haha! Thanks for the tip with the wine bottles! Did not know that! :)
  • Options
    iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited February 2014
    Ok, so now I have all new pictures after redoing a few things... and I got carried away with my new expansion pack and David now has a daughter from the future and a plumbot! hehe Oh well, things happen! They will be moving shortly. Anyway, posting the new media link and optional challenge tomorrow since I am falling asleep. I just hope everyone else is having as much fun!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I learned something! I never knew to press alt when moving pictures/other wall items! LOL Thanks again!

We all learn something new everyday! :):mrgreen:

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Beginner results for Venus are up!

Check them out here

• Options
    ArikaBArikaB Posts: 259 Member
    edited February 2014
    Congratulations, HurricaneAllegra & DDUCKNBELLE!

_Princess_Natasha, I didn't know the trick about holding alt with pics on the wall either! That would've been helpful with the family photos I took in the last round of BnS... :lol:
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Congrats to the winners of the beginner's Venus challenge! And welcome to the new folks!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM: David's Chambers (#236-237)

NAME: WaddleWurld

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8052412

LINK TO MEDIA: http://serenadinginblue.blogspot.com/2014/02/davids-chambers.html

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: Nope :)

LEVEL: intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 30x20, 9 Sun Song Ave ($59,865)

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: This beautiful 2bed/2bath house has an open concept and rings in at just under $60,000. Wake up in a beautiful yet simple and traditional master bedroom and workout in a small at-home gym. The kitchen comes equipped with a funky stove, fridge, and bar. Throughout the day split your time between the office and the TV room. Finally, spend a relaxing evening in the backyard sitting at the pond, chilling in the hot tub, or telling stories by the fire. No matter your plans, your Sim will enjoy!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please! :D

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: n/a
  • Options
    saint_gambisaint_gambi Posts: 286 Member
    edited February 2014
    Congrats HurricaneAllegra and DDUCKNBELLE!
    Fantastic builds!

Also,
    Lebanna wrote:
    Try to take pictures during the day and in live mode. The grid really doesn’t do your design justice. Especially with the floor plan picture it was hard to see.
    If you have Seasons, it's a good idea to take your pics in the Spring or Summer, so that your garden looks as intended. My seasons are set to default to winter only (for a different challenge) so it's a pain when I am ready to start taking pics. Usually I have to run through 3 days of winter before I can take external pics.
  • Options
    bettylovebrewerbettylovebrewer Posts: 12
    edited February 2014
    Official Entry Form

NAME:
    bettylovebrewer

LINK TO LOT:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8053491

LINK TO MEDIA:
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=461725
    Updated with Better Media Link

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE:
    Same as link to lot.

LEVEL:
    Beginner

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST:
    Size: 20x30
    Address: 72 Water Lily Lane
    Final Cost: $58,757

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS:
    I have a pool for a hot tub. I couldn't find a hot tub in my inventory. I only have the original game with no expansions though.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM:
    Yes. Much needed. This is my first submission.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED:
    N/A
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    bettylovebrewerbettylovebrewer Posts: 12
    edited February 2014
    Lebanna wrote:
    suepea wrote:
    Trying to join the current Build n Share but I'm confused as to which is the current and where to enter at.

The current challenge is always listed on the first page and in the subject line of the thread, so the current challenge is "David's Chambers, #236-237. It is due on 5 March. To enter, just copy and paste the entry form from the first page into a new post and include the information for your build.

You can post any questions you have about the challenge in this thread.

Thanks. I assumed that was how it was going at the moment, but the times on the posts make it a bit confusing sometimes. As well can we furnish it and just use the unfurnished price? I also don't have the Trait Disciplined or know how to go about making a "legit" hot tub. Are those our own interpretations or?

Hi Bettylovebrewer! Welcome!

To answer your questions:

1) no, the price is when it's fully furnished. Note the price directly after you finish building and furnishing. (play testing degrades the price of the items, and is seen as cheating when it overly done, so please note the price before play testing)

2) We don't download the sims or houses to judge, we solely judge by pictures. So if your sim doesn't actually have those traits, that's fine. Just show in your pictures how it would show ;) and note it's an OPTIONAL challenge, so it's not mandatory.

3) I just noticed the hottub is not in basegame, so if you don't have any expansion packs, you won't have the item. So in that case 'create' a hottub. Maybe by making a 2 by 2 pool (square or round) that's recoloured and with some bushes? and maybe on a foundation/with a fence around. I'm just spewing idea's here ;) Be creative :) Or place a nice bathtub outside :)

I'll post a image for some inspiration ;) maybe other get inspired too

In-Ground-Hot-tubs.jpg
    A5_Moore_BF_552SS_013_In_Ground_website.jpg

Thanks for the feedback. Just saw this while looking back. Getting use to the game & the forums at the moment.
  • Options
    RachelShennanRachelShennan Posts: 163 Member
    edited February 2014
    Nearly finished my build, couple of things still need refined, but yeah, nearly there (:

Screenshot-400_zpsc484e5db.jpg
  • Options
    oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    edited February 2014
    @RachelShennan, that house looks great! It's making me rethink the exterior of mine...

I've been having a really hard time with this challenge too. Traditional style really isn't my thing, but I'm trying! I'm on my third house already. I'm in budget with this one, and love the landscaping, so I think I'm about ready to start with the recolors. Unless of course, I decide I hate it and start all over again...
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Official Entry Form

NAME:
    bettylovebrewer

LINK TO LOT:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8052563

LINK TO MEDIA:
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=461713

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE:
    Same as link to lot.

LEVEL:
    Beginner

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST:
    Size: 20x30
    Address: 72 Water Lily Lane
    Final Cost: $58,757

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS:
    I have a pool for a hot tub. I couldn't find a hot tub in my inventory. I only have the original game with no expansions though.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM:
    Yes. Much needed. This is my first submission.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED:
    N/A

The house looks like it is a good one, but the few pictures you have posted are extremely hard to see. Usually, I take 3-4 pictures per room(sometimes just 2 in small bathrooms)because we are judged on the building and attention to details. You might want to add more pictures. Keep in mind, you have until March 5th at midnight! :D I just redid my pictures, too.
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    edited February 2014
    I have my house finished and working on Mr. Chambers :D I have great plans for him...Great plans indeed :twisted:
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    @RachelShennan, that house looks great! It's making me rethink the exterior of mine...

I've been having a really hard time with this challenge too. Traditional style really isn't my thing, but I'm trying! I'm on my third house already. I'm in budget with this one, and love the landscaping, so I think I'm about ready to start with the recolors. Unless of course, I decide I hate it and start all over again...

LOL I hate restarts--and budgets are NEVER my thing :D I am sure you will have a great house to submit!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    cmbaker16 wrote:
    I have my house finished and working on Mr. Chambers :D I have great plans for him...Great plans indeed :twisted:
    rofl I can't wait to see those plans! My Lt Chambers already needs a bigger house...oops! hehe
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Nearly finished my build, couple of things still need refined, but yeah, nearly there (:

Ugh, so jealous of your ability to build...excuse me while I go DIE.
  • Options
    CathasaighCathasaigh Posts: 26
    edited February 2014
    NvZanten wrote:
    Cathasaigh wrote:
    Did we ever get a ruling from a judge about the whole "traditional" thing? Can we use any American traditional architectural style or is there a specific one?

And with traditional interior decorating - you want the actual style or just what we deem traditional?

I don't mind open to interpretation but no direction bothers me. Always has - even in school. =(

P.S. I did U-stairs in my Victorian. They were a little bit of a pain but not too bad. The most annoying part was not being able to put curtains and stuff on the wall around them, even with MOO. There just simply was nothing for them to grab onto.

Hey Cathasaigh,
    Someone shared this link for the last challenge and I found it a very helpfull site for floorplans and ideas. It also has a traditional section. Hope that helps.

http://www.architecturaldesigns.com/traditional-house-plans.asp

I've actually had a plan in mind since I read the challenge - that's why I wanted to be clear what was acceptable! Thanks for the link though. ^_^
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Ugh, so jealous of your ability to build...excuse me while I go DIE.

No need to be jealous or die--even if the house is cute :D I do what I like, and I am not terribly concerned what others think. Although I do like to win, too ;) If you want to compare houses, trying looking at the ones that are premade in these sims games--most of them make no sense to me. Your houses are already better than those houses :D
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    edited February 2014
    iampes23 wrote:
    cmbaker16 wrote:
    rofl I can't wait to see those plans! My Lt Chambers already needs a bigger house...oops! hehe

:lol: more than one already huh :lol:...I actually got him done just need to work on his wardrobe than I'll be ready to move him in and put my plans into action :mrgreen:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top