Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member

What a lovely lot @piotr1562512 ! As others mentioned, that rocker nook is just perfect. Great homey feel throughout. Well done 😀
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited December 2019
    @piotr1562512 ~ Elf's Place is cute & cozy! Great colors and use of wood. The reading nook is great but the kitchen is just as big a selling point, I think. Making room for a pet was a clever idea, too.
  • Options
    piotr1562512piotr1562512 Posts: 38 Member
    Thank you all so much for your kind words! A few years ago I loved building in the sims and only a few weeks ago started playing again. Your creativity is very inspiring :smiley:
  • Options
    Jessabeans wrote: »
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Hmm... it would be so cool if others added onto the train @ADWilson . Can use one of my lots as a base and convert to other kinds of cars or start from scratch if preferred . Hint hint 😃

That would be great! I would love to see a pizza shop caboose or something. Or have several train car houses decorated by different people.

I'm currently floating the idea of a collab to create the Orient Express - thread in the Builders forum. Hope those of you who showed interest in expanding the Christmas train as well as others would come on board :smiley:
  • Options
    iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    One more day to get in your tiny houses!! There are so many great builds this time! Great job everyone!

And please don't forget to check in the thread for the next challenge if it is not showing on the front page. If no new one is put up by the 5th, I will post one in the thread.
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    So how many of you have made a dining car yet?
    screenshot-16-14.jpg?resize=219%2C219
  • Options
    creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    I was going to do a train car... but... then I didn't. :blush:

Instead I snuck in one last build, Arctic Sun - this one is a bit sneaky, however, in that there is a basement (I didn't put anything down there, but it's technically over the 44 with the basement, but only at 43 without.) So room to grow while technically kind of meeting the requirements. Came in around 61,500ish.
  • Options
    @creativemetaphor ~ Arctic Sun is charming! Love the shape of the build, the use of wood and warm tones in the floors, walls and furnishings.
  • Options
    I love the alpine shape to it @creativemetaphor! Though the tudor was awesome, I think this one is perfect for a village for Santa's elves.
  • Options
    Are you going to share a link to the build @creativemetaphor?
  • Options
    Challenge #221 is now closed! Great job everyone!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Solving the Senior Situation #222 *Due January 31*

You are walking in the park enjoying the crisp breeze on your face during your lunch hour. You notice some young children with a large collecting tin and a sign that reads, "Pleez donayt to r Grammies and Grampas." Bad spelling aside, you are intrigued and go over to ask the kids why they are collecting money for their grandparents.

A freckle-faced little boy pipes up. "The floods got their houses. My grammy and grampy lost theirs. It floated away!"
    "My Nana's house got under water on the first floor. She can't bake us cookies anymore," adds a little girl with big green eyes. Tears run down her face.

A young lady nearby comes over to comfort the little girl. "It is the whole street, really, that needs help," she explains as she hugs the girl. "With all the recent heavy rains, the river flooded. Most of the older homes were built close to the water, so they flooded or were washed away. The ones that flooded are full of dangerous black mold. The senior sims living there cannot afford to move or rebuild. I am in the process of setting up a website to accept donations for them, but the kids could not wait to get started!"

You think things over for a few minutes. You had a really good year last year, and this year is doing even better so far. All things considered, you feel the urge to give back to the community- starting with these senior sims!

"I think I know a way to help," you say brightly to the group. Turning to the young lady, you continue, "If you can gather names, number of occupants, and what they need in a home, I will see what I can do!"

"You mean you will donate money to them individually?" the young woman asks, perplexed but pleased by your offer.

You dig a card from your wallet and hand it to her. "Actually, I am an architect. I would be willing to donate my time, services, and some materials to rebuild these homes. Feel free to add my name to your list. Getting the press involved may be a good idea as well," you suggest. "I know many people around here have big hearts and would be willing to help!"

The children cheer as the young lady thanks you sincerely. She promises to get the information to you as soon as possible.

The Brief:
    *choose ONE of the three senior sims to build a house for, making to sure include all their needs/wants in the build.
    *to prevent future flooding, the houses need to be built on stilts or foundations at least 8 steps high. No basements, please.
    *since the houses were near the river, try to have a water view (ocean or river ) or add a strip of water down one side of the property.
    *The budget is $125,000. (Be sure to include the cost of the lot in this amount)

The Senior Sims:
    *Mr. Bao Chang--needs one bedroom, a martial arts/exercise room, a bathroom with a shower, and a kitchen/family room combination. He prefers sunny and calming colors.
    *Mrs. Aibreann Byrne--needs a bedroom, a large guest bedroom for grandkids to visit, a bathroom, and kitchen/family room combination with a space for baking cookies. She also loves plants and gardening.
    *Mrs. Petunia Livingston--needs a bedroom, a large bathroom, and a kitchen/family room combination. She also needs a "creativity room" for her writing and painting.

The Sims Challenge:
    *create the senior sim you chose to build for (or any of the three if you are not doing the build challenge). Show them enjoying their new home. Include their likes and skills where applicable. Also show pictures of their clothes.
  • Options
    Thank you @iampes23 for keeping this thread going and the ideas flowing!
    This month's is a great one!!! <3
  • Options
    ADWilson wrote: »
    Thank you @iampes23 for keeping this thread going and the ideas flowing!
    This month's is a great one!!! <3

Thank you so much for the kind words! It is partly selfishness, since I love doing these challenges, too! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

• Options
    edited January 2020
    I've had lots of fun with those trains @soocoolsim! I shortened the caboose by one tile and added a box car on to the back for a mini Santa's workshop.
    screenshot-6-2-e1578416742261.jpg
    The box car has children's toys like a rocking horse, play table, dollhouse, and baker's oven. The caboose has an inventor's table, a toy maker, a table and chairs, a small snack fridge, counter, sink, and all-in-one.
    screenshot-2-3.jpg
    I'm so happy you made these! Thank you.
  • Options

I love your workshop @ciane . What a great idea. I'm glad you're having as much fun as I did making them :smiley:
  • Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    edited January 2020
    @ciane, Looks great Ciane and such a cute idea to utilize the train cars!
  • Options
    @ciane Sorry for the delay, I hadn't even finished upgrading the appliances yet, but here you are: Arctic Sun

Love the additional train car!

@iampes23 Wow, that's a very generous budget! Grams is movin' on up! (hah, pun)
  • Options
    CidyWolfCidyWolf Posts: 68 Member
    @creativemetaphor the A frame is adorable! The decor is good for the holidays and all year long. Great woodsy feel.

@ciane Very fun and cute train workshop! Looks like you've all been very busy :)

@iampes23 Can pillars be used too?

Sorry if I missed anyone's builds. I kinda got lost in the thread :D I think I got everyone.

• Options

Arctic Sun is such a nice build @creativemetaphor . Rec’d. Well done!
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    CidyWolf wrote: »

@iampes23 Can pillars be used too?
    Yes, anything that makes the house rise off the ground at least 8 steps high is totally a go! Go ahead and use pillars, foundations/piers, take out the piers/pillars after the house is up there so it floats(along with the stairs)--be as creative as you like :D

*As a side note, BnS for Sims 4 has finally posted another challenge. They have switched to month long challenges, too!

• Options
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #222 - SOLVING THE SENIORS SITUATION
    NAME: creativemetapohr
    LINK TO LOT: not uploaded
    LINK TO MEDIA: House over Troubled Waters
    OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: n/a
    LEVEL: advanced
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40x20, custom placed in Riverview, final cost 121,948
    LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS:
    I built for Mrs. Petunia Livingston - her profile was "needs a bedroom, a large bathroom, and a kitchen/family room combination. She also needs a "creativity room" for her writing and painting."

I imagined Mrs. Livingston as being someone who wanted to live in a much more modern house, no cozy cottage and doilies for her, she wants clean lines and modern appliances.

After the destruction of the flood, I wanted to build a sanctuary from, but also a sort of shrine to, the water. This house is built over the river itself, with a deck spanning the entire back side of the house. The whole house is designed around the water, with two-story windows in the living/kitchen to take in the views and the light.

The living space is designed for guests and conversation, with a fireplace for comfort and ambiance, and includes a guitar. The kitchen/dining has a large eating island with an inset stove. There is a table for more traditionally-styled meals, and decorative case with bottles. There is a powder room off the kitchen for guests (nobody wants guests tramping through their bedroom to get to the bathroom!).

The bedroom also has a wide view of the river, and the large master bathroom was designed to be almost a personal spa with walk-in shower, luxurious tub, and lots of room. The master bath also has a door out to the hot-tub both for ease of access and because it's easier to come in from the tub through the bathroom than the living room! The hot-tub is covered but open for use in most weather, and has seating and even a yoga mat.

The creativity room offers space for writing and art, as well as inspirational and relaxing views over the water and the garden patio. There is a second easel on the deck, along with lounge options and a yoga mat, giving ample outdoor living space to complement the indoors. To one side of the house and accessible from both the deck and the front is a "serenity" garden/patio with water feature. Below this patio is a waterwheel, might as well let the river make itself useful and reduce bills!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: No feedback please, just want to build... and share... :mrgreen:
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: n/a

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (limit 2)
  • Options
    @CidyWolf @soocoolsim Thank you both!
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #222 Solving the Seniors Situation
    NAME: iampes23
    LINK TO LOT: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9358642
    LINK TO MEDIA: https://imgur.com/a/NXmGA4Q
    OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9358643
    LEVEL: advanced
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST:Roaring Heights placed 25x25 lot, $82,567
    LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Petunia Livingston and her cat, Duke, live in a spacious home on a waterfront lot. Petunia loves beach-y decor without the commercial aspects, so weathered woods are paired with blues and a blue-green color to invoke the feel of the beach. The house has a a kitchen/dining/living room combination with a half bath on the first floor. The second level has the master bedroom, bathroom, and walk-in closet. The third level has the artist/writing areas and laundry. Decking is on each level, as well as a detached patio right on the ground level for enjoying the views and a fire pit.
    Petunia Livingston is an artistic bookworm, a cat person, Eco-friendly, and a workaholic. She has ambitions to be an Illustrious Author, now that she is retired from the city job she worked for over 50 years. She is a Cancer. Her favorite color is turquoise. She loves cheese steak sandwiches, French music, and walks along the edge of the water. Her cat, Duke, is a genius hunter who is non-destructive.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: my own patterns
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Qv5dbKx.jpg
    2oxOFBO.jpg
    Post edited by iampes23 on
  • Options
    piotr1562512piotr1562512 Posts: 38 Member
    @iampes23 The colors you used are lovely! I love the blues paired with soft beiges, they really channel the beach feeling :smiley: The house is very spacious. Great build!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top