Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    So, sorry about that @CidyWolf. I thought it would just install the other stuff. I might have to relook at that lot and take out premium content then.
  • CidyWolfCidyWolf Posts: 68 Member
    @ciane No worries :) I never would have even known about other stencils if I didn't read it somewhere. I was just curious because it seems like so many items.
    edited November 2019
    @CidyWolf - There is a mod at the ModtheSims that I highly recommend that at least gives you the option to remove stencils and deco. It won't unlock the hidden stencils, but it is wonderful to just be able to remove some annoying parts so you can CASt things your way.

http://modthesims.info/d/478307/remove-stencils-overlays-from-build-buy-cas-objects-in-game-edited-01-16-2014.html

You do have to be a member to download, but they never send out spam to their members. It's a great site.
    Post edited by ciane on
    > @ciane said:
    > @CidyWolf - There is a mod at the ModtheSims that I highly recommend that at least gives you the option to remove stencils and deco. It won't unlock the hidden stencils, but it is wonderful to just be able to remove some annoying parts so you can CASt things your way.
    >
    > http://modthesims.info/d/478307/remove-stencils-overlays-from-build-buy-cas-objects-in-game-edited-01-16-2014.html
    >
    > You do have to be a member to download, but they never send out spam to their members. It's a great site.

Wow! That's pretty nifty. Does it still work when you upload to the exchange? Sorry, probably a dumb question.
    @CidyWolf - The ones that you used in your build stay that way in uploading and download. The mod itself, of course, doesn't transfer. So, it's treated like a recolor. And, whoever downloads the lot can save that as a preset, which is why MrHawk and Bily uploaded the "recolors" to share. All one has to do is click on it and save it in CASting in the lot I made with the objects they shared. Using the mod, you don't need all the presets, because you can edit out the deco after placing the original EA object. What you can't do with the mod is add stencils. So, that is where downloading my lot with all the stenciled objects I have in my game helps those who have the objects. They only need to download one item instead several. Of course, there were some bonus content items I didn't have. So, those six items have to be downloaded from MrHawk's studio.

Since you don't have all the items, you need to go to MrHawk's page to grab stencils of the items you have. With the mod, you don't need to download all the items that have the stencils removed.
    @ciane Sweet! I found the page. Thank you for the info. I'm such a newb :D
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    So... no new challenge again?
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,261 Member

Hope it’s not rude to post this here in which case my apologies....

If there is no BnS challenge for this month, folks may wish to consider participating in the renovation challenge that @HollownessDevour has going on for December.
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited December 2019
    How about this one since it is Christmas time, but PLEASE post your entries in the formal way so that this thread continues! Thanks!!

BnS #221 Nicholas's Tiny Problem

You have finished the dinner dishes, and you are just settling down in front of the fire to watch your favorite television show when you hear at knock at your door. You check the clock as you head to the front door, wondering who could be calling on you this late at night. You open the front door and let out a huge gasp. The man on the other side of the door is wearing a red suit trimmed with frothy white fur. He is sporting a long white beard. But he looks far from jolly.
    "Excuse me for calling on you at this late hour," he says politely. "My name is Nicholas, and I am in dire need of your immediate assistance."
    Wondering what could be so pressing, you invite him into your warm home. You put some tea and cookies out, and Nicholas happily munches cookies as he tells you his tale.
    "I am a toy maker. My employees lately have started a labor union. Now, they are rebelling, saying they are tired of living in the dormitories I have provided for them. They are actually striking for individual tiny houses! This is the big toy season--I need them all working!"
    You assure him that you can help him as you lay out more cookies. He grabs another cookie and relaxes. "The houses should have a bathroom and sleeping area, a small kitchen and living room area. And a fireplace for heating the house. It can be decorated for Christmas, since I will be giving them out for that holiday. I don't care what style, but I need one as soon as possible. If they can see the prototype, maybe they will get back to work!" Nicholas says loudly, shaking his cookie and spreading crumbs all over your new sofa.
    Further discussion leads to a budget of $65,000 for the prototype tiny house.

The brief:
    *due December 31st
    *budget is $65,000, which includes the price of the lot.
    *create a tiny home not more than a total of 44 livable individual squares/spaces in any configuration.
    *include a bathroom, sleeping area, living room area, and a kitchen area.
    *include a fireplace and landscaping.

Sims Challenge: *create Nicholas and 2 or more of his helpe...errr...employees. *include their likes, skills, jobs, and clothing choices.

**I let them know it needs to be changed on the first page as well**
    @iampes23 Does that space only count interior space or does it include balconies or decks?
    @iampes23 Does that space only count interior space or does it include balconies or decks?

Only interior spaces. Any outside areas are free spaces :D
    That's a lot of living space and a big budget. I love tiny homes, so I'm in.
    edited December 2019
    Changed build entry - disregard this post

LINK TO MEDIA: Winter Palace in D Minor

This is the perfect petite palatial place for Nicholas's tiny helpe-er "employees" to call home! The build is fully upgraded/fireproofed, making it a safe and cozy dwelling. Fully decked for the holidays, you can be surrounded by the joy of "gift-giving day" year round!

The living room has a fireplace and ladder to the bedroom loft, which is open over the fireplace to circulate the warmth. The kitchen has nice appliances and a breakfast nook. The bathroom is the perfect place for warm bubble baths on cold days.

Off the bedroom is the covered balcony with additional skill, play, and decor items. Outside is a pond (frozen, of course), and a fire pit with room for friends.

The build is topped off by steep decorative spires and holiday lights to really make this house stand out, day or night. This will truly let Nicholas's employees know they are appreciated!

Areas:
    Living: 17.5
    Kitchen: 10.5
    Bath: 5
    Bed: 10
    Total: 43 squares!

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (limit 2)
    screenshot.jpg
    exterior-26.jpg
    Post edited by creativemetaphor on
    edited December 2019
    @creativemetaphor: what a beautiful build!
    And thanks for using the form. I want to make sure they know we are serious about keeping this thread alive!!

edited December 2019
    @iampes23 I honestly wouldn't care if they stopped judging entirely, so long as the challenges keep coming! :)

Also: thank you o:) I'll be honest, it was an excuse to finally use all those roof pieces!
    Post edited by creativemetaphor on
    edited December 2019
    @iampes23 I honestly wouldn't care if they stopped judging entirely, so long as the challenges keep coming! :)
    !

Me too!!!

Your build definitely is a magically place. I love the name and all the wintry themed things like the polar bear curtain, penguin dresser, and snowflake bedding! Awesome job!

I finished building and decorating mine today on a 10x10 lot.
    Lot is here:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9352575
    More pics here:
    http://cianesims.home.blog/builds/bns/mini/

Post edited by ciane on
    @ciane that's cute! Feel so spacious, too!
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited December 2019
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #221 - Nicholas's Little Problem
    NAME: @Jessabeans
    LINK TO LOT:https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9352955
    LINK TO MEDIA: https://jessabeansims.tumblr.com/post/189648817994/gingerbreadhousekit
    OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: if you entered the optional challenge, include a link here
    LEVEL: intermediate
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 10x15 15 Christmas Village Lane, Hidehi's Christmas Village §20,709
    LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: The second floor isn't accessible.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: None
    TWITTER TAG: N/A
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A
    TUMBLR LINK: https://jessabeansims.tumblr.com/
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    7d67f77acdfe3935f55d654e138442a7ef667588.jpg

@Jessabeans That's adorable! A perfect little gingerbread cottage! :blush:
    @creativemetaphor and @ciane Great Job! Can you pass a bit of that creativity my way please ;)

I was thinking about doing this challenge, but I have some newb questions :D

Where is a recommended place to share photos that is private and free?
    The Sims are an optional challenge?
    Does there have to be an actual address?

Thanks for any help.
    Thank you @creativemetaphor. I love your mini palace, I can't believe all the details you fit in and the landscaping is beautiful. Great snowy pictures too, the muscovite architecture bits really stand out in the snow.
    CidyWolf wrote: »
    @creativemetaphor and @ciane Great Job! Can you pass a bit of that creativity my way please ;)

I was thinking about doing this challenge, but I have some newb questions :D

Where is a recommended place to share photos that is private and free?
    The Sims are an optional challenge?
    Does there have to be an actual address?

Thanks for any help.

Wordpress and Tumblr are nice for free photo sharing.
    Yes the sims are an optional challenge
    Just the address in the world where you built it

Good luck with it!
    @Jessabeans Thank you. I just saw your Gingerbread house and it is adorable! Y'all are scaring me!

I tend to place random lots. I will try and find an address.
    I have something pretty much done. I was testing it and everything keeps catching on fire LOL. Maybe I can just add a fire hazard warning to the upload. It's a great place for people that like to torture their Sims :D
    edited December 2019
    CidyWolf wrote: »
    @Jessabeans Thank you. I just saw your Gingerbread house and it is adorable! Y'all are scaring me!

I tend to place random lots. I will try and find an address.
    I have something pretty much done. I was testing it and everything keeps catching on fire LOL. Maybe I can just add a fire hazard warning to the upload. It's a great place for people that like to torture their Sims :D

@CidyWolf Thank you

If it's a lot you've placed in the world, just specify that and the name of the world you built it in. Do you have a handy sim? You may want to upgrade your fireplace and maybe your oven to fireproof. With it being a tiny house, you don't really have the option of not placing anything close to the fireplace. I can upload my tester sim if you need one for upgrading, she has most building related skills maxed out.
    @Jessabeans

I do believe I have a Sim with the handiness skill, but I haven't saved them to my bin and they are part of a family. I can probably work that out in a new world. Thank you for your offer :) I will let you know if I can't find them.

I have had trouble with my lots uploading with items from Sims even though there are no residents. I have deleted the lots and saved them from a new game/world and still the same thing. It's frustrating because I still like to test the lot some even if I'm not playing much.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top