Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    @aricarai - where abouts in the UK are you hon? I'm SW, just outside of Bath.
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    @JasonAnthonySterling - no alarm panel needed, just make sure that the lot can be secured!!

@linzlulubell - don't worry about 'hilly' lots, just try and ensure that the landscaping looks interesting! You are certainly of a level to advance up to the next category :D

We're thrilled with all your reactions to the Zer0Doxy stream!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @buildnshare so... gated?
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member

I'm north in Sheffield :mrgreen:
    @creativemetaphor - get creative ;)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    aricarai wrote: »

I'm north in Sheffield :mrgreen:
    Quite a bit away from me then :P

Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    @JasonAnthonySterling
    I very nearly did but I was running through the story line again and saw it. I guess, right now, it's okay. I went in and changed a few things around (does the guest bath really need a top of the line toilet?) and I put in the panel. In the end if we don't need it I'll pull it out.

Just went back to read it again and saw something I did straight up miss the first time. "pretty". well... plum. Guess I'm gonna scrap and start all over anyway.
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    @JasonAnthonySterling
    I very nearly did but I was running through the story line again and saw it. I guess, right now, it's okay. I went in and changed a few things around (does the guest bath really need a top of the line toilet?) and I put in the panel. In the end if we don't need it I'll pull it out.

Just went back to read it again and saw something I did straight up miss the first time. "pretty". well... plum. Guess I'm gonna scrap and start all over anyway.

Lol. Well, you know pretty can mean a lot of things to a lot of people- ha! There's still lots of time though.
    I was all, OK - Journye's house with a pretty pink room for Rosie, and somehow I missed the whole house was supposed to be 'pretty' and Journye's room was supposed to be the whole 'get away from the rest of the house' room.
  • linzlulubelllinzlulubell Posts: 93 Member
    I was all, OK - Journye's house with a pretty pink room for Rosie, and somehow I missed the whole house was supposed to be 'pretty' and Journye's room was supposed to be the whole 'get away from the rest of the house' room.

It was hard to make a Journey room that flowed well in a Rosie house. I already budgeted the alarm system in but I guess I could delete it and spend the money elsewhere. But then again I've taken pictures and started shooting scenes for the video. I have a program on my PC that takes any music off YouTube and puts it on my PC so I'll have better music this time, hopefully, good music can mean lots of things to a lot of people. :D
    @linzlulubell

It was hard to make a Journey room that flowed well in a Rosie house.

welp, after a good long think last night I believe I can pull it off with a redesign. I think I even know how to get a fully Journey room into a fully Rosie house without even having to do much (any!) 'flowing' at all! And it will still work! If I can get it in budget :lol:

edited March 2017
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #187 - The Second Sister - Journye

NAME: creativemetaphor

LINK TO LOT: Good Day, Sunshine

LINK TO MEDIA: Good day, Sunshine

1%20Exterior%201_zpskduydyj4.jpg

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: N/A

LEVEL: intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: Lot size: 20x20; Address: Sunset Valley; Final cost: $44,997

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS:
    It was tricky to design a house that could happily house both Journye and Rosie, but this house offers everything either of them might want. Starting with the security, the entire house is elevated to deter would-be intruders. The main door is gated and the secondary doors are not accessible from outside the lot. The basement windows are fenced off all around.

Now for the design itself: Good day, Sunshine is built in a Victorian style with a wrap around front porch, bright colors, an attached partially sunken green house off the basement, and a pool. The private deck maximizes the space available for enjoying the outdoors by partially stacking over the enclosed yard below.

The inside breaks with tradition and follows a partially open floor plan to compensate for the small size of the rooms, but allows for pops of bold color in true Victorian style.

There is a beautiful kitchen for Rosie's nutritional endeavors, a meticulously-styled living room for entertaining, and a guest bedroom and bath on the main floor to maintain privacy for the master suite upstairs.

Rosie's work room overlooks the pool and features a drafting table for design work, and a vanity counter for make-up and styling. She'll have plenty of room to grow!

The upstairs landing overlooks the living room, and has a small reading nook tucked into the turret.

The master bedroom is decorated in a subdued pallet to ensure Journye can be as comfortable there as Rosie. There is a corner fireplace and bay window with seating. Through the generous closet is the master bathroom with double sinks, vanity counter, double walk-in shower, and water closet. There shouldn't be any squabbling over space or whose turn it is!

The basement is accessed through the cellar door in the kitchen, leading down to the canning station - to take advantage of the produce from the greenhouse garden - and where a future washer and dryer can be added. Off this main room is a storage room with the crates from moving Rosie and Lilly's store, which can be upgraded to a third bedroom or perhaps a nectary for home-grown grapes.

Then there's Journye's private 'get away' room where she can work-out, practice her keyboard, or just chill entirely girly-stuff free. There's a locker for keeping exercise equipment and a change of clothes, a desk, stereo, tv, and a unique view of the pool through the windows!

When she's feeling a bit more private, Journye can also enjoy being outdoors by relaxing in the greenhouse garden (yes, she'll get the outdoor modlet there!) while still being out of the elements and away from prying eyes.

A house Rosie will be proud to have company in, a house Journye can escape from, and a house which will give Journye the most important gift of all: a happy wife :mrgreen:

[[Note: When I originally built the house, I was positive I had gotten to exactly 45k in price. When I went back in to move one thing around I decided I was unhappy with, for some reason the price was showing at 46+k! I have no idea how it happened, but I have now removed several items to bring the house back into budget.

The items removed were the burglar alarm, a shelf and clock in the kitchen, the elaborate light fixture over the dining table, and a decor item in Journye's room. I think I've gotten all these out of the pictures, but just in case you see one in the background somewhere, they have been deleted.

As this left me just slightly under budget, I did add a chair in the enclosed yard.

I deeply apologize for the budget error, but I am glad I caught it!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM:Yes, please

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: N/A

Post edited by creativemetaphor on
  • paneingerpaneinger Posts: 214 Member
    I've fallen off the face of the earth it seems, but I finally got a new computer <3 Who knew that sims had things like shadows and facial details? Haha - maybe I can build something for next month's challenge :)
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member

Where are "security" systems? I have not seen those. I thought I'd attempt this challenge but a few things I am not sure about: Does it matter where and how cheap the lot? Is basement a must? Do both the girls need en-suite baths? Does that mean 3 baths!? I think I've almost got the unit ready if I understood the rules. Do I post my entry on this thread or how does entry work, I found it a bit confusing?
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
    Where are "security" systems? I have not seen those. I thought I'd attempt this challenge but a few things I am not sure about: Does it matter where and how cheap the lot? Is basement a must? Do both the girls need en-suite baths? Does that mean 3 baths!? I think I've almost got the unit ready if I understood the rules. Do I post my entry on this thread or how does entry work, I found it a bit confusing?

Welcome to BuildnShare @FoundMarbles! As long as the build meets the requirements specified you are fine! As for security systems, we just mean that the place needs to be securable, we'll leave how, up to you! For this challenge you can use any lot you want, no matter the cost, but you do have to factor the lot cost into the overall build cost. The place needs at least two bedrooms one of which needs to be a nice suite for Journye and Rosie (you can infer that there should be an attached bath or not there). There is no requirement specified for how many bathrooms, so as long as there is one, you are good to go. Any more questions, feel free to ask :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    paneinger wrote: »
    I've fallen off the face of the earth it seems, but I finally got a new computer <3 Who knew that sims had things like shadows and facial details? Haha - maybe I can build something for next month's challenge :)
    Hey there @paneinger!! Glad you are well! Yeah, it's amazing how detailed the game can be made isn't it?

GArBA5W.jpg

HELP!! How do I create a link to the lot? I think I have done everything else. Do I post my entry on this thread? I think I'm ready to put up my entry.
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
    HELP!! How do I create a link to the lot? I think I have done everything else. Do I post my entry on this thread? I think I'm ready to put up my entry.

@FoundMarbles - yes you post your entry on this thread. To create a link to the lot, just copy and paste the URL from the exchange.
    edited March 2017

Sorry, This was a wrong entry
    Post edited by FoundMarbles on
    edited March 2017
    Ahhh I see now why you were asking how to link to lot @FoundMarbles. You meant to the gallery!

That's a very lovely house that you've made for Journye and Rosie, though this BnS is for TS3. I'm looking forward to checking out your media and the inside though. It is cool that there are security cameras in TS4. There's a TS4 BnS in the TS4 Creative Corner under Lots but the challenge will be different I believe.
    @aricarai :

@FoundMarbles - yes you post your entry on this thread. To create a link to the lot, just copy and paste the URL from the exchange.

I don't understand "the URL from the exchange" , Where and what is the "exchange".
    edited March 2017
    @aricarai :

I don't understand "the URL from the exchange" , Where and what is the "exchange".

@FoundMarbles - it's where TS3 creations are uploaded. I got confused when you said link to lot but you meant the gallery.
    Ahhh I see now why you were asking how to link to lot @FoundMarbles. You meant to the gallery!

That's a very lovely house that you've made for Journye and Rosie, though this BnS is for TS3. I'm looking forward to checking out your media and the inside though. It is cool that there are security cameras in TS4. There's a TS4 BnS in the TS4 Creative Corner under Lots but the challenge will be different I believe.

Ah HA! That 'splans everything. Well, it was a fun exercise, anyway! I did not understand it was only a 3ers challenge! Thank you for making it all clear!!

Ah HA! That 'splans everything. Well, it was a fun exercise, anyway! I did not understand it was only a 3ers challenge! Thank you for making it all clear!!

Yes but leave it up. I'm going to log onto my computer and check it out! :mrgreen:

Yes but leave it up. I'm going to log onto my computer and check it out! :mrgreen:

Will Do, I'm glad to have someone look at my efforts anyway! Thank you for your interest!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top