Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    ElleDaesElleDaes Posts: 72 Member
    @hannahc1023 reduce, reduce, reduce. That's how I did it. If the floor and walls went up and it was more than my target, I reassessed and refabricated. I'm still having budget issues even so. But I think it's probably a clutter problem.
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited March 2017
    ElleDaes wrote: »
    @BuildnShare There were a couple more intermediate entries for 186, including my own. Did something go wrong that they weren't included?
    We are looking into this, sorry @ElleDaes and @hannahc1023.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    hannahc1023hannahc1023 Posts: 55 Member
    We are looking into this, sorry @ElleDaes and @hannahc1023.

• Options
    Its been corrected! Updated intermediate results have been posted. I am so sorry!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Zer0Doxy is streaming now here
  • Options
    creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    For some reason I can't load the stream. I had it up earlier but now it keeps giving me grief. :(

So instead I'll celebrate that I finished at 45K!!! Not under, mind... at. Exactly at! Buy all the debug items! :lol: Man I had to make some tough cuts for this!!

Got pictures all snapped and will upload pending photobucket letting me.
  • Options
    @ElleDaes Congratulations! Zer0Doxy chose your build as her overall favorite Sims 3 build! Please contact ISHTARJMD for how to collect your prize!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    nothing to see here, move along
    Post edited by creativemetaphor on
  • Options
    linzlulubelllinzlulubell Posts: 93 Member
    I was able to watch the livestream (just not live) and I heard those scary comments about me moving to advanced. :o I'm up for the switch but I like my lots mostly flat so they place easy when moved. I have trouble getting some builds to not look wonky after replacing a "hilly" build on a new lot and I like to use my builds after the contest is over so....any suggestions?

I loved the broadcast btw! I liked hearing what a fresh set of eyes (autocorrect just changed my fresh to greasy, lmbo greasy set of eyes!! :D) thought about each of our builds. My husband kept saying how super proud of me he was after we watched the stream together B) and that just blew my sails full of wind.

Thinking of doing 2 special things this month, 1 is doing another music video to my build. Even though it was a lot of extra work I had a blast creating it. I think adding music can really set the tone of how your build makes you feel. And 2 is maybe making a tutorial just for build n share people on how to make your own custom paintings in sims 3. It would take away an edge I have but I like to learn and teach new stuff.

I'd like to enter some sims 4 BnS contests but the lack of color wheel drives me bananas! Been filling my sims 4 with tons of CC (which I don't use in 3 unless I make it myself) to help me feel more comfortable. Anyway just some middle of the night thoughts as I'm up caring for the baby. :p

• Options
    Congratulations @ElleDaes!

That stream was a blast!

@linzlulubell - you don't have to build on hills to be advanced. I certainly don't. However, if you want to build on a hills, I think the only way for it not to go wonky is for to stay on the same lot.
  • Options
    @aricarai it's nice to know how to say your name correctly! She got mine close but the Linz is actually pronounced Lindsey :p I guess I could try hilly lots, I just love being able to move around and use my builds but who am I kidding I never actually play the game. Just don't want it to count against me if my lots are flat.

@ElleDaes congratulations on top pick!
  • Options
    @aricarai it's nice to know how to say your name correctly! She got mine close but the Linz is actually pronounced Lindsey :p I guess I could try hilly lots, I just love being able to move around and use my builds but who am I kidding I never actually play the game. Just don't want it to count against me if my lots are flat.

@ElleDaes congratulations on top pick!

@linzlulubell - I'm used to people pronouncing my name wrong, but it's not a big bother for me :mrgreen: Since I've moved to the UK, I get all sorts over here - it's quite funny.

I never build on hilly lots myself, so I really wouldn't worry about that being a criteria for the advanced category :smile:
  • Options
    @aricarai where did you live before the U.K.?
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @linzlulubell - Washington State :smile:
  • Options
    @aricarai w00t represent! WA! <3
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Nice job @creativemetaphor!

I too watched the streaming late. (I had a class that morning.) It was nice to see all the positive comments. Congrats to @ElleDaes on being Doxy's fav Sims 3 build - a place she'd love to live in real life - what a great compliment! I hope you enjoy the new game as well.
  • Options
    @aricarai and @creativemetaphor Washington has really beautiful nature and forests from what I've seen but I don't know much about the architecture in that part of the country? Any insight? Is there lots of old homes and buildings? I live in middle Georgia, in a town called Monticello, formerly on a lake, now on a farm. We have a beautiful array of old architecture, been meaning to share some pics them on here. Our area has a big Indian history to, I like to hunt their artifacts and arrowheads in the woods. Bet I'd love the woods in WA!
  • Options
    @aricarai how are you adjusting to the U.K.? Kinda of a cool sims RL love story. My bff met a guy who lived in Australia on the exchange and they dated for awhile, he moved here and they've been married 3 years now. They would've never met if not for the exchange. <3
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    The live stream was cool- Doxy's cute. I saw it late too- lol. She had a lot to go through! Congrats @ElleDaes!
    @aricarai how are you adjusting to the U.K.? Kinda of a cool sims RL love story. My bff met a guy who lived in Australia on the exchange and they dated for awhile, he moved here and they've been married 3 years now. They would've never met if not for the exchange. <3

OMG! Really, for real? That's great- it should be on TV or something- ha!
  • Options
    @linzlulubell - I'd say the architecture in the UK is better than in Washington State, but then it's a lot older. Although the Space Needle in Seattle is pretty cool and there's lots of cool musical legends from there...Nirvana, Jimi Hendrix.

I've adjusted well...in May I will have lived here for 5 years and I don't see that changing any time soon. I do miss my family and friends at home, but I will be back for a visit in June so I'm excited as it's been a year!

Aww that is a lovely RL sims story!
  • Options
    @sprayberryfamily and @doon27 are the love birds. I thought it was very cool to. I used to take my PC to her house every weekend since she has 3 kids and we'd stay up all night Simming. Good times. @doon27 is adjusting well to the US, I think driving was the hardest part.

@aricarai Buildings ARE soooo old there. I loooove old structures, even when they're abandoned. We have some great old plantation & city homes where I live, Trisha Yearwood, the country singer is from here, that's our only claim to fame :D guess I'll finally compile some pictures for BnS.
  • Options
    @BuildnShare In the story line Journye mentions a "good security system" but it's not in the requirements. Do we have to have a security panel (which is as good as security get in the Sims-lol). I'm never sure how much of the story line is required and a security system is a NINE HUNDRED DOLLARS- LOL! I can almost buy them a coffee maker for that much. Ha!
  • Options
    @JasonAnthonySterling - maybe gates can be interpreted as a good security system...that will keep the zombies out anyway! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @JasonAnthonySterling
    In the story line Journye mentions a "good security system" but it's not in the requirements. Do we have to have a security panel (which is as good as security get in the Sims-lol). I'm never sure how much of the story line is required and a security system is a NINE HUNDRED DOLLARS- LOL! I can almost buy them a coffee maker for that much. Ha!

Oh dear... I overlooked that. I did read the story but after a week or so I was just focusing on the requirements and didn't think to go back over it. :(
  • Options
    aricarai wrote: »
    @JasonAnthonySterling - maybe gates can be interpreted as a good security system...that will keep the zombies out anyway! :mrgreen:

That would work- lol! Groupies are a bit like zombies.
    @JasonAnthonySterling
    In the story line Journye mentions a "good security system" but it's not in the requirements. Do we have to have a security panel (which is as good as security get in the Sims-lol). I'm never sure how much of the story line is required and a security system is a NINE HUNDRED DOLLARS- LOL! I can almost buy them a coffee maker for that much. Ha!

Oh dear... I overlooked that. :(

I very nearly did but I was running through the story line again and saw it. I guess, right now, it's okay. I went in and changed a few things around (does the guest bath really need a top of the line toilet?) and I put in the panel. In the end if we don't need it I'll pull it out.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top