Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS TO CHALLENGE #185 - REAL HOUSEWIVES OF SUNSET VALLEY

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • linzlulubelllinzlulubell Posts: 93 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    @JasonAnthonySterling @linzlulubell - what recording software do ya'll use?

I use windows movie maker for editing also!
  • ISHTARJMDISHTARJMD Posts: 260 Member
    Intermediate results for the Golden Years #184 have been posted.
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #184 - THE GOLDEN YEARS

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited February 2017
    Thinking if videoing a YouTube walk through of the house? I've had fun downloading pictures to make customs for the build & there will be a surprise I hope the client will like!!!
    @linzlulubell - just caught this, if you are doing a video walkthrough, please also provide us with stills, as we find it much more straightforward to be able to flip back and forth with screen shots than try and remember where a certain feature was in a video.

GArBA5W.jpg
    ciane wrote: »
    Well, I built with all my EPs/SPs active, but no store stuff.

I know alot of you will come up with some really awesome homes, but this is how mine turned out:
    roof_up_original.jpg

It's here.

Pictures include overhead views showing layout and limited look.

I did manage a laptop. :) The cats even got a toy box and the expensive scratcher sleeper and litter box. It has lots of room, (which is mostly empty).

However, the second bedroom only has a bed. There is no living room furniture! The water for the shower might be cold. The stove could catch on fire. One might suffer from a bad night's sleep. Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else does. (Streaming is okay.)

@ciane - is this an official entry hon?! If so, can you please update with the entry form.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Don't forget that the current challenge closes in just 5 days time, if you're still working on something, you still have plenty of time to get your entry in.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Don't forget that the current challenge closes in just 5 days time, if you're still working on something, you still have plenty of time to get your entry in.

This is my weekend project :mrgreen:
    I'll have something!
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    No, no official entry for me. Just for fun.
    ciane wrote: »
    No, no official entry for me. Just for fun.
    No worries, just didn't want you to miss out :)

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    aricarai wrote: »

This is my weekend project :mrgreen:
    I'll have something!

Yay - can't wait to see what you've come up with!!

Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • linzlulubelllinzlulubell Posts: 93 Member
    Thinking if videoing a YouTube walk through of the house? I've had fun downloading pictures to make customs for the build & there will be a surprise I hope the client will like!!!
    @linzlulubell - just caught this, if you are doing a video walkthrough, please also provide us with stills, as we find it much more straightforward to be able to flip back and forth with screen shots than try and remember where a certain feature was in a video.

I provided my usual Photobucket stills along with the video which also has stills. The picture icon on my entry form goes to the video.
  • ElleDaesElleDaes Posts: 72 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    Challenge #186 – Zer0Doxy

NAME: ElleDaes

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9053982

LINK TO MEDIA: https://www.facebook.com/pg/ElleDaes/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1849757871931153

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: n/a

LEVEL: Intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 18 Maywood Lane. $16,498.

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS:
    0fficeDoxy: 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom starter home with office.
    I was determined to make this build entirely CC free, as the client represents a sim just starting out who would primarily shop at places like Ikea and Walmart. I hope I can give her the full experience.
    With that in mind, I created an Industrial Chic Modular Starter for our Streamer. Placed on an over sized lot, there is plenty of room for expansion either up, by adding additional floors; down, if her future roommates are of the sun-sensitive persuasion, or if she wants to add a full production studio; or out, the large back yard could easily support a larger footprint without feeling confined.
    Exterior and Yard:
    Built on a 20x30 lot, the house boasts a full brick exterior, one-car parking pad, front and back decks, Central Air, a fire pit and mature privacy shrubs along the back of the lot. The front and side walk ways connecting front and back are lined with wild growing flowers for low maintenance. The metal roof is recyclable and easily uninstalled/reinstalled for renovation projects.
    First Floor:
    The first floor is one and a half floors high with an almost entirely open concept floor plan (excepting the gaming office) and balcony view of the living room below. The high ceilings extend the feel of the space, and create flow for air circulation. There is wall to wall hard wood flooring and exposed brick interior walls. The feature of the home would be the two and a half story atrium living room. Stepping through the front door provides an unimpeded view of not only the open concept first floor, but the living room below – accessible from the stairs set into the balcony railing. What would be the formal dining room has been entirely converted over to a streaming space, the gaming office, complete with sound dampening shingles and track lighting for optimal set up. A camo colored computer is waiting on a sleek desk and chair set which rests on a rubber mat, protecting the wooden floors from scuffs and reducing noise. The casual dining room sits between the kitchen and the gaming office. It is picnic style seating with ambient lighting from the surrounding space. Separating the dining room from the kitchen is a living wall half-wall for air purification without closing off the space. The galley kitchen boasts open cupboards, Fridge, Stove and sink. There is plenty of natural wood counter space for future appliances and upgrades. A door off the kitchen leads to the back patio. Floor to ceiling windows offer ample light and radiant heat.
    Sub-Floor:
    Head down the wood and stone stair case to the lower floor. To the right is the living room. A mishmash of eclectic furniture and styling give the space a welcoming feel. A monitor is mounted to the brick wall, so friends can watch the game from the comfort of the living room (see also: move noisy people away from recording equipment). A 3-piece bath lies opposite the stair case with plenty of space for the addition of a tub unit as the home progresses. The master and spare rooms lie behind the staircase. The master boasts a custom built-out wardrobe, double bed with custom linens and a trunk for storage. The spare room doubles as an exercise room, should one be so inclined. There is a single bed, side table, shelf for temporary storage, trunk and bean bag for occupants. There is also a pull-up bar, ample space for cardio or strength floor exercises and a radio.
    Pet Amenities:
    The cat food bowl is located in the kitchen under the open counter space. Toys can be found for play throughout the house. A scratch post is located off the living room. The litter box is located on the lower floor in the bathroom under the sink. There is plenty of room to roam and the furniture is easily replaced (see: cheap) should something become damaged.
    Zer0Doxy has permission to show and discuss my entry on her stream. Thank you.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure!

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED:
    n/a
    I really had to struggle to stay away from the thread for this one. I often lurk. Most times, I'm just too busy to enter. Your builds are all so amazing.
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member

Great work everyone! I'm considering entering but am having such a hard time staying within budget without the benefits of depreciation. I've been demolishing like mad but still only have funds for just a few objects. Maybe I'll try again on a smaller lot. So great to see this thread alive :smiley:
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @ElleDaes I LOVE your house!!! I love that the 'loft' is really the first floor, that's so clever! And then the 'basement' is so open and light and wonderful, and your kitchen "counters'! omgoodness, this is just so creative!
    @creativemetaphor thanks so much! I didn't want the basement level to feel like a dungeon - we have in-game basements tools for that now - so I opened it up. It's a fairly small house, so I wanted everything as open as I could get it.
  • onehummingbirdonehummingbird Posts: 123 Member
    Hi everyone! This is my 2nd time entering a Build-N-Share challenge. I'm not yet a full member, so if anyone would be so kind as to fix my broken links, I'd really appreciate it!

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    Challenge #186 - Zer0Doxy (Sims 4)

NAME: onehummingbird

LINK TO LOT: Not sure what link I'm supposed to put here. The lot is named "Mallory's Modern Starter" in Origin, if that helps!

LINK TO MEDIA: h t t p://imgur.com/a/jVOth

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: if you entered the optional challenge, include a link here

LEVEL: Intermediate-ish (been building for a little while but this is my 2nd time entering a challenge)

I WANT MY CREATION SHOWN ON STREAM: Sure!

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 30x20 lot that's exactly $20,000 to move in (including lot price)

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: This modern industrial home has plenty of space and urban charm. Due to the tight budget, I thought it would be a good option to leave the default construction concrete in most rooms. This saves tons of money while adding to the industrial feel. Exposed brick throughout the home gives much needed texture to the otherwise minimalist interior. Plus, brick makes a great backdrop during livestreams!

This house features:

- an open galley kitchen with bar seating for a casual meal with friends;
    - a covered porch where you could definitely fit an additional outside dining or seating area;
    - a comfy, chic living room with paintings of urban landscapes by my master painter sim, Reese;
    - a really nice computer. I saved money in the budget for this because it's where Zer0Doxy will be spending a lot of her time.

With an open floor plan and 30x20 lot, there's plenty of space to entertain both two-legged and four-legged friends. This house could easily be expanded both horizontally and vertically.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please!

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: None

[img]h t t p s://i.imgur.com/Y3AWCKv.png[/img]
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Great job Elle! I love the different bricks and the way you did the basement with windows. (I like to do that too!)

@onehummingbird - You might want to post that is Sims 4 build and share thread.
  • onehummingbirdonehummingbird Posts: 123 Member
    @ciane thanks, are you saying that this challenge is posted somewhere else for Sims 4? I saw the budget listed for both Sims3 and Sims4 in the challenge details, so I thought this was a thread for both.
    edited February 2017
    @ciane thanks, are you saying that this challenge is posted somewhere else for Sims 4? I saw the budget listed for both Sims3 and Sims4 in the challenge details, so I thought this was a thread for both.

@onehummingbird - the Build-n-Share thread for Sims 4 is in the Sims 4 Lots section, I believe under creative corner. However, the Zer0Doxy challenge ended for TS4 about 12 days ago. I think they follow a different schedule to TS3 and are on a new challenge.

Your Zer0Doxy house looks lovely! You did a fabulous job! :mrgreen:

I hope that helps you a little bit.
    Post edited by aricarai on
    edited February 2017
    @onehummingbird - @aricarai @ciane are correct, this challenge thread is for those who play TS3!! We run two challenges, one for TS3 and one for TS4, sorry if the brief confused you :) We got your awesome entry for the TS4 challenge Ley Lines logged.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Let me tell you buydebug is a life saver for starter homes. There's lots of free decor to be used. I'm surprised at how I was able to clutter this up. But I will say I think I have more grey hair now....I'm not sure how many times I've had to bulldoze and start over. Oy vey! What a challenge!
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Yeah, buydebug is a trove of low cost clutter!! Can't wait to see what you've come up with :)
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    Also, changing the lot to a commercial lot to access community items helps too! Then you just change it back to a residential when you are done scouring for low to no cost commercial content.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top