Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @iampes23 Your landscaping is always so wonderful, and this one particularly so. Have you ever tried world building? I bet you'd be great at it.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited November 2018
    @iampes23 I love your cottage! The terrain paints are fantastic, the bridge and that stream are delightful, and I love that you added a waterfall! Where is the wall pattern in the living room from? I love it but I don't think I've ever seen that one before - or maybe you just recolored it spectacularly well!

You have not seen it before, unless I have used it in a previous build. It is one of my own patterns, and it is a William Morris design I got off the internet. If you are not opposed to using CAP, here is the link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8477599
    I am a Victorian at heart, and his designs are beautiful!
    The kitchen and bathroom are sandstone tiles, also found online. Oops! No, it is golden harvest granite... https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8090181
    The bedroom pattern I cannot find to verify the source. On a quick search I cannot verify it is a William Morris design. It could be a Victorian pattern, a wallpaper pattern, a dollhouse wallpaper design, or a wrapping paper pattern. I am fairly certain it is not a fabric design, but I could be wrong. :Dhttps://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8477542
    On the rugs in the living room, I used Golden Tartan pattern, which I think was a wrapping paper design. https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7849021
    The wainscoting in all the rooms and most of the furniture was done with a maxis recolor I did. https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8549324
    The living room chairs were done with this one: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8419409
    The green wood was a maxis recolor that I did not upload. I could if anyone is interested in it.
    The small green rugs were this pattern, I think. https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8125442
    The bedroom rug was a pattern I am pretty sure I made in CAP way back in 2013. https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7734163

Those are the major ones. If anyone wants another pattern I missed, let me know. :D

@ciane and wecantpickaname: Thanks very much!!!

suzses wrote: »
    @iampes23 Your landscaping is always so wonderful, and this one particularly so. Have you ever tried world building? I bet you'd be great at it.

Thank you very much! I have always wanted to make my own world, but I was never able to get the hang of the roads or something. I have not tried in a very long time though. Maybe I will give it another go!! :D

**edit** the media has been updated with commentary now. Enjoy and happy Simming!

Post edited by iampes23 on
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    iampes23 wrote: »

You have not seen it before, unless I have used it in a previous build. It is one of my own patterns,

Those are amazing!! You are tempting me lol
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Wr2hKWH.png

Attention Intermediate Entrants for #207 - Back to their Roots - your results are now available here.

GArBA5W.jpg
    Hello, Sims 3 BnS Entrants - we have an exciting announcement for you! :) The awesome @ciane is joining the BuildnShare team to help admin and judge the Sims 3 BnS Challenge!!!

Please join us in welcoming @ciane to the official team. We feel that her addition is going to help us keep the Sims 3 challenge going strong for all of our loyal entrants and hopefully we'll even add some new faces along the way. <3
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member

That’s wonderful news! Congrats @ciane :D
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @ciane W00t!! How awesome!
    Congrats Ciane!!! I hope you enjoy the work judging as much as we all enjoy the designing!!
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Congratulations @ciane :mrgreen:
  • mederouinmederouin Posts: 67 Member

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #208 - Fall Designer Showdown

NAME: Mederouin

LINK TO LOT: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9268054

LINK TO MEDIA: https://imgur.com/a/eUhllwT

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: N/A

LEVEL: Advanced

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 30 x 40; 72 Oceanview Drive, Starlight Shores; Final Cost: 83,018

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: For this build I wanted to do something fun and lively. Something that was bursting with youthful energy. So I decided to build a surf shack. I also made it a personal challenge that every room in the house would become something else. I chose to open up the floor plan by putting in arches between what was the living room and bedroom. I moved the kitchen into what was the bathroom and made the kitchen the dining room. I added walls for the new bathroom and switched the living room and the bedroom to give the living room those ocean views. I tried to clutter the place up to make it look almost messy and freeform in decoration. Hope you enjoy.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: N/A
    “As an architect you design for the present with an awareness of the past for a future which is essentially unknown”
    -Herman Foster
    YEW12tS.png

Attention Advanced Entrants for #207 - Back to their Roots - your results are now available here.

GArBA5W.jpg
    @mederouin Another great take on the Monotone. I love your siding choices with the dark wood and blue together as well as the roofing. Nice layout to the lot with the circular drive and the pathway to the bonfine, and lots of fun outdoor activities. A couple little touches I really like are the towels hanging on the fence by the pool and the way you wrapped that wave wallpaper around the corner.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    What nice news about @ciane :) She'll be a great addition to the team.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Lilypink79Lilypink79 Posts: 115 Member
    Whoop Whoop congratulations @ciane
    I've got 99 problems and TS4 glitches are 99 of them
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Thanks for all the votes of confidence everyone. I hope you all enjoyed the holiday (if you celebrated) and have a great weekend!

Very original take on the surf shack @mederouin - it looks like a lot of fun!
    I was really hoping to see more entries! I love looking them over :D
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited November 2018
    It was such a nice way to start my day looking over all these fantastic lots from #207.

Everyone did such a great job. *thumbs up*

Congratulations to @ciane on being part of the official Build & Share team!
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Congratulations @ciane on becoming a part of the Build and Share team!
  • Lilypink79Lilypink79 Posts: 115 Member
    to say i'm excited for the next challenge would be an understatement :#:D
    I've got 99 problems and TS4 glitches are 99 of them
    edited November 2018
    Finished renovations on the white box this morning and took a screenshot of the value (with a car, furnished is $111,554 ~ edited: I forgot to do the ceilings & add alarm system. Oops! Corrected spent: $114,065 ).
    Time to move in my tester sim and ensure there aren't any routing issues! **fingers crossed**
    Post edited by ADWilson on
    iampes23 wrote: »
    I was really hoping to see more entries! I love looking them over :D

Me too! At least we'll have one more soon!
    edited December 2018
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #208 - Fall Designer Showdown
    NAME: ADWilson

LINK TO LOT: Autumn Abode

LINK TO MEDIA: Autumn Abode

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: n/a

LEVEL: intermediate with the confidence of a beginner, lol

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20x30 ~ The Monotone lot in Sunset Valley, 72 Water Lily Lane ~ $114,065

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Even though this was built in Edit Town mode, it was treated from the beginning as a project done by my simself.

Addy Sim saw the challenge advertisement in SIMspiration magazine and considered doing the project. Addy thought to herself, "I've done a couple of renovations and this lot is near and dear to my heart because it's where I began my S3 journey." Addy periodically peeked in the forum thread and made note of the requirements as well as the additional question/answer sessions. With those in hand, Addy began.

Instead of graphing the layout, I worked section by section and added or moved items. All of the original items are on display and screenshots should show where they have been placed. Everything has been tested with 3 YA/A sims and is in working order. This was built with an artist/architectural design sim in mind with perhaps a second sim who gardens and/or writes. The empty shelves in the Studio are for future residents to add things they've collected that provide inspiration to the project they're working on.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please ~ looking forward to learning how to improve upon my building skills and/or screenshot capture.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: n/a ~ No 3PCC or CAP

TWITTER TAG: ThankfulAddy@tealmum
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: n/a
    TUMBLR LINK: n/a

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (limit 2)

Autumn Abode
    front.jpg

Studio
    studiooutside2.jpg
    Post edited by ADWilson on
    edited December 2018
    Nice job @ADWilson.

You might try resetting IE to default.
    Try this link and see if it's helpful to you:
    https://mywindowshub.com/how-to-reset-internet-explorer-in-windows-10/

Also, when resetting, I always have check that "delete personal settings" box. Since I don't use IE, that part doesn't bother me at all. If someone actually still uses IE, that might be something to think about.
    Post edited by ciane on
    Your build looks great @suzses :)
    Lovely, natural curb appeal! Fantastic soothing color palette and comfortable looking furnishing choices. The curved pool is a neat idea, too.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top