Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited April 2019
    Yay! We are in such good company then!!! I had never seen anyone else do it! But starting on graph paper and using the squares makes the use of squares in the game that much easier!

Happy Easter everyone!!!
  • ZinchtZincht Posts: 32 Member
    edited April 2019
    I don't even have lined paper in the house any more, I got so used to making dungeons for weekly D&D games in college. A graph pad works just as well for keeping handwriting straight, and I don't have to draw vertical lines when I want to block out a visual idea.

My first introduction to graph paper was a 6th grade project to build a model house. Mine wasn't very exciting, but cutting and assembling the cardboard and seeing it take shape was something that apparently stuck with me! Building in Sims is a lot like that experience, but a whole lot easier to change and decorate.
    Post edited by Zincht on
    edited April 2019
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #213 -Young Minds
    NAME: iampes23
    LINK TO LOT: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9304969#
    LINK TO MEDIA: https://imgur.com/a/EohMVyZ
    OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: n/a
    LEVEL: advanced
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: placed lot in Roaring Heights 30x30 $76,102
    LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Learning is made fun with the circus theme at Circus Academy and Daycare. Not only will your children be able to play indoors and out, but they will be able to learn and get help with homework. For example, they can bake cookies and learn cooking skills or get lessons in history, math, and literature! This daycare has many possibilities to make both you and your children happy--all in a very secure environment!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: No CC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    RU29DFJ.jpg
    AeJDg8z.jpg
    Post edited by iampes23 on
    I sure hope I am not the only entry! Is anyone else close to done?
    I haven't gone through and colour-coordinated yet, but other than that I have something.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Love the circus theme idea @iampes23! Looking forward to seeing yours @Zincht!
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    My daycare didn't work out. The circus idea is really creative @iampes23. Good luck getting yours finished @Zincht.
    @Jessabeans - Why didn't your day care work out? Addy is loving it and writing quite a nice story for it.
    edited April 2019
    @Ciane I uploaded it because it was cute, but I could never get it to work for the BnS challenge. The kids that came after school wouldn't go upstairs for homework, they would sit in the floor downstairs. So I gave them a tiny downstairs homework spot. I thought about converting the cafeteria area into the classroom but they didn't even like to go in there until they did their homework (or broke something) first. I converted the classroom I had upstairs into a child's bedroom in the version of it I uploaded. I started on a second attempt that was a more modern style single floor and the kids did go into the classroom area for their homework in that version. I haven't gotten back to it for weeks now so I am not sure I will finish it by the 30th.

I love Addy's story so far, I got a little misty when he said goodnight to his wife's pictures.
    Post edited by Jessabeans on
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    Love your circus-themed daycare @iampes23 . So much fun for the kids! :)
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member

I did a daycare just for fun. I couldn't figure out how to label it so I used Vistors allowed.

My build came in at 75,889, it's all on one floor with only a couple of full sized walls to keep everything open and in plain view.

The kids enter into a small lobby with lockers and seating then enter into the main room of the day care through another set of double doors.
    There is the eating area to the right with a small kitchen for fixing snacks. The main room contains learning and play items.

At the left of the main room are the infants room, the restrooms and the toddler nap areas.

Overlooking the entire building is the directors office.

The back yard is completely fenced and has swings, sandbox, small berry garden and springy toys.

40757748373_d565947f8e_z.jpg

More to see here --> https://www.flickr.com/photos/154029363@N06/albums/72157677972845557
    @Kgaff - I love your day care! The colors are so pleasing and the shape and layout is great. I wouldn't have thought to recolor the sea creature topiary like that. That fits in so perfectly. Love the landscaping too.
    That lovely @Kgaff ! So cheerful and whimsical; beautifully designed for children to enjoy :)
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
    Thank you @ciane and @GreenCats This was a fun one to build. I got to use a lot of content I don't normally make use of. :)
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    #112 Results are now available! https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/comment/17051964/#Comment_17051964

The new challenge will be posted tomorrow night. If you're close to finishing your entry, please let us know if you need a little more time to post it :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    I haven't been able to get to Sims to finish my build, I usually take Wednesday nights for sims. I completely understand if I get cut off, I'll still post it even if I'm too late for the deadline so people can see it!
    edited May 2019
    5nd1sli.png
    #213 - Young Minds is closed!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited May 2019
    jajDjS2.png

You sit back at your desk and smile. The last project took a lot out of you, but you are so happy you could help. You think back on many of your clients and how pleased they were with your work. But really, you could use a bit of a break, you think.

Rose comes in and hands you a stack of mail. You motion for her to sit as you flip through it, mainly bills and junk.

“So, who’s next?” you ask.

“Actually- ah, nobody.”

“Really?”

“Really,” he says. “I guess it’s just a quiet month. We have some interest for a few months from now, but I think your schedule is free.”

You ponder this for a minute, then say, “In that case, Rose, we have a client!”

“Oh?” She perks up, as curious about why he doesn’t know this as he is about who the client is.

“I have been living in the same place, with the same decor for years now! After helping so many others realize their dream houses, I think it’s time I do something about my own!”

“But you love that house!” Rose protests.

You laugh. “Yes I do. I do love that house. But the inside is so dated! The decor, the colors, the style... It may have been me once, but it isn’t me anymore. Rose - I am going to give myself a makeover for a change!”

The Brief:
    • This challenge will be quite different. This month we are asking you to build your house in the game. No, not your dream house, your actual real house. To the best of your and the game’s ability, we want you to build the house, apartment, or residence you currently live as close as you can.
    • Then, give your home a makeover! Do not add, remove, or change any walls. This includes adding detached structures - no walls can be added or removed. The structure of the building must stay exactly as it is. You can swap a door for an arch of the same size and vise versa. You can swap windows for the same size windows. Fences and half-walls can be added, changed or removed. No other changes are allowed to the structure of the home.
    • Beyond that, you are free to change the type and style of floors, walls, any built-ins like cabinets and plumbing, you can re-purpose rooms, but only within the scope of not changing the walls and windows.
    • Take before and after shots to show us how you have reimagined your home! Take enough to really give us a feel for how it is now and how you envision it in the future.
    • There is no budget for this build! There are too many variable home to try to limit, this challenge is all about the before and after.

Good luck!
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    It's a great challenge. I've actually been thinking of making the attic into an art studio or extra bedroom. Of course, my plan calls for adding gabled windows up there and I want a spiral staircase going up instead of the drop down stairs. So, that won't work for this, but hopefully, we see some interest from others.
    edited May 2019
    @BuildnShare Should we build and furnish the house as it is now and then do the makeover and have pictures of the before and after?

Never mind, I skipped an entire instruction of the brief :(
    I already have my house in sims. I had to finagle the stairs, since I have tight stacked stairs in my house to both the attic and basement, but I can refinish it just fine ;)
    Thanks everyone for the kind words about my very colorful daycare!!
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @iampes23 Your daycare looks so fun! Those kiddos will be tricked into learning and not even know it. :D

@Kgaff I love your daycare, too. The colors are so pretty, and I love what you did with the entry and the topiaries and sea monster in the pretty flower beds.

The new challenge looks interesting - and challenging. I tried to build my house once, and it was tough to make it work out in the sims. I'd love to give it another go, but I don't know if I'll be able to pull it off again this month. Maybe if it comes together quickly (doubt it), I could get it finished toward the end of the month.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    Adorable daycare @Kgaff, the daycare profession uses the residential lot type. Sorry you didn't get yours done in time @Zincht.

The new challenge looks really interesting, I've tried using the sims to plan out ideas for our renovation and it was very hard to realistically build our house. I'll give it another try if I find the time. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with either way.
    edited May 2019
    Sounds like a really fun challenge. I shall enjoy watching! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top