Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• mederouinmederouin Posts: 67 Member

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM No.211 - Five by Five

NAME: Mederouin

LINK TO LOT: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9287967

LINK TO MEDIA: https://imgur.com/a/YS0fIlY

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: N/A

LEVEL: Advanced

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 15 x 10; placed lot on Wright Way, Sunset Valley; Final Cost: 30,000

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: For this build I really wanted to do something that relied heavily on a flow between indoor and outdoor spaces. None of the interior spaces can be accessed from an enclosed room, you are forced to walk through the outdoor kitchen to get to the other rooms. I chose to do something in an almost Greek Isle style becasue I liked the lightless, but also the groundedness that the those buildings have. I wanted to build something that was open, but also felt imtimate at the same time. Hope you enjoy.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, Please

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: N/A
    “As an architect you design for the present with an awareness of the past for a future which is essentially unknown”
    -Herman Foster
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I really like the modern look and the way you split the areas up.
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member

Once again, since I am the only intermediate builder, I did one just for fun.

I decided our intrepid vampire slayer needed a small home that was cozy but also mobile. So with that in mind I built a tiny travel trailer. It has all the comforts of a small home but if need be she can just hook it up and run, er...drive to another safe spot.

Here is a small slide show - https://www.flickr.com/photos/154029363@N06/albums

46245695735_abf182b1b4_z.jpg[/url]

46436278824_dfb320f65a_z.jpg
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @Kgaff Love it!!
  • ElleDaesElleDaes Posts: 72 Member
    @Kgaff The idea of a mobile trailer is so great! I love it!
  • MelissaLiMelissaLi Posts: 20 Member
    im really excited !!
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

yeye
    I love the idea of being mobile! Great job! REally nice layout and love that pop-out side.
  • missroxormissroxor Posts: 392 Member
    edited February 2019
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #211 - Five by Five
    NAME: missroxor
    LINK TO LOT: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9290311
    LINK TO MEDIA: https://imgur.com/a/lI5xbLj
    LEVEL: advanced
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 10x 15 lot, The Lonely Container (for Bridgeport Docks), 1BE 1BA,
    LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: 1.5 Abandoned shipping containers salvaged and furnished for one female sim who spends her days maintaining her peak physical condition. Includes a pool, small harvestable garden and a motorbike.

Since we're doing tiny homes, I added several nods to this being an eco home (grass roof, recycle bins, harvestable garden etc) but I ran out of funds to add windmills :/

Habitable interior squares bottom floor: 7
    Habitable interior squares top floor: 18
    Habitable interior squares total: 25

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: None.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

EA4Qhxj.jpg?1
    taMBfQE.jpg?1

Gah, I forgot to note down the cost. It's definitely under S25,000 but I don't remember what it was. I'll try to remember to get it when I'm next in game.

Post edited by missroxor on
    Love the eco-friendy aspect and that you added a pool!
    @missroxor Nice, I did a container house too! Looks great!
  • missroxormissroxor Posts: 392 Member
    edited February 2019
    ElleDaes wrote: »
    @missroxor Nice, I did a container house too! Looks great!

Already liked and rec’d :) container houses are awesome, aren’t they? I’ve been obsessed ever since I saw tron legacy a few years ago 😄 but think this is the first time I’ve ever made one for sims.

I was so glad this month was a tiny build, I’m heavily pregnant and suffering with carpal tunnel because of it so can’t use the computer for long periods because my fingers keep going numb/pr!ckly/sore 🙈 so probably won’t be participating for a few months now. So happy building dimmers! 👍
    Sorry to hear about your carpal tunnel problems. Hopefully, things get better for you and you have a safe delivery and a happy, healthy baby.
  • chrispugmirechrispugmire Posts: 5 New Member
    NAME: chrispugmire
    LINK TO LOT: www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9290807
    LINK TO MEDIA: imgur.com/a/Lv58IQg
    LEVEL: Advanced
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 15 x 20. Waning Way, Moonlight Falls. $25,773

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS:
    I tried to keep the style of this house close to others in the area Fatih lives. The fence around the property, surrounding trees, making the house feel secluded, and old style design of the house all work to bring a more hidden and safe feel to the home of a vampire hunter who lives alone.
    Situated just across the bridge from the town's graveyard makes for a convenient location, and pops of modern colour in a traditional style makes for a unique appearance.

25 Total indoor Squares
    19 First floor
    6 Second floor

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes Thankyou
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (can't seem to paste images?)
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9290807
    https://imgur.com/a/Lv58IQg

Hopefully, those work as active links for @chrispugmire, who due to the new member status can't post links yet. Please "like" or "awesome" @chrispugmire's post to help with full member status.
    Nice place @chrispugmire - I like the shape and layout and those garden touches.
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited March 2019
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #211 - Five by Five
    NAME: suzses
    LINK TO LOT: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9297771
    LINK TO MEDIA: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmB9Q3M4
    OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: N/A
    LEVEL: advanced
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20x15 custom placed lot in my empty "build world" (Sunset Valley II). Cost 29,994.

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Enclosed structure is 4x6 for total of 24 squares. Given the small size, I thought clean lines and light, neutral colors would work well, and I also thought that, while it wouldn't be what occurred to her first, Faith would benefit from being in a well-organized, relaxing space. She did like it once I showed her the plans. ;)

I thought this would fit well tucked in between other residential lots or even community lots in a high traffic area, so that she was hiding in plain sight, so to speak, and nearby to help if needed. Unfortunately, I couldn't find such a spot in any of my ongoing games that was readily available and that allowed me to take unobstructed pictures of the lot. So, the pictures were all taken where I originally built it.

Going with the hiding-in-plain-sight concept, I kept vampire deterrents subtle but definitely there. There are no windows that could be slid open in the middle of the night by a vampire, with the only glass being at the front and back entrances. The entrances also include garlic plantings, subtle crucifix shapes in the design, mirrors and other reflective surfaces. The indoors includes more mirrors and reflective surfaces, a handy spritzer of holy water on top of the dresser (not sure what she may have placed in the flower vases . . .), and a handy holder on the desk for spare wooden stakes.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: None used.

TWITTER TAG: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    TUMBLR LINK: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (limit 2)

~ Faith's Haven ~

47188200812_2b45c24dd8_c.jpg

40275405753_90e7d736a7_c.jpg
    Post edited by suzses on
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    I just love all this month's builds! They are so creative (was thinking I should just plan to start over after seeing them! but lacked the time). I am going to try to get back here to make some individual comments, but life is still making that a little difficult at the moment.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    That's what I haven't done. I haven't gone in and rec'd everyone's build yet. Slacker of me!
    Gorgeous home @suzses.

I did do another one, but some NPC moved into it and I can't kick him out. Actually, there are TWO sims living in it with a cat! And the only option I have is to share it or copy it to the bin. And, since I didn't play test it yet, and it has sims living it; I won't be sharing it. And, I can't even switch to that household to take pics. Really weird!
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    Everyone made wonderful builds this time! Great job everyone!!

But still, I can't wait to see the next project!!!
    Thanks @ciane ! Do there happen to be kittens in your house with the cat? There are a lot of things you can't do with a lot when there are baby pets in residence, although I don't remember exactly what all that is. I don't know how you play, but I turn off the pet adoptions with Overwatch, and when I restart the game after that, the baby animals in whatever household had them are then gone. If you want to reverse it, just turn it back on and restart the game again.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    edited March 2019
    I've never turned off pet adoptions with Overwatch. I just turn off the pets with the normal EA options, which doesn't keep the pet adoptions away. Maybe the cat is pregnant and that would affect it the same way, I imagine. Thanks for the insight on that. I'll continue to play the neighbors and keep an eye on what's happening in that house.
    This was my first notice that someone moved in to the lot (and that maybe I moved the chess set too close to the fence):
    screenshot-27.jpg
    Now, checking this morning, I see this:
    screenshot-2-1.jpg
    So, you were right @suzses - it's kittens!
    Post edited by ciane on
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited March 2019
    5nd1sli.png

BnS #211 is now closed!
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited March 2019
    F10TL5h.png

“Please, come in,” you say, gesturing for your two guests to sit.

A well-dressed woman hands you a business card which says ‘Settlement for Simanity’, and identifies herself as a Ms. Abby Jung. You know the organization but have never worked directly with them.

She is accompanied by a gentleman with the kind of impressive beard and friendly face usually reserved for Santas. He is dressed more… not casually, exactly, but you can tell he’s much more of a hands-on type, with a firm, calloused grip. He introduces himself as simply Tepeu.

“Thank you for seeing us without an appointment,” she says.

“Not at all,” you say. “How can I be of help to your organization?”

“Well, that’s an interesting question,” Tepeu says. “We are looking to create very small homes which can be cheaply and quickly erected, but still be functional for places where whole communities are in need.”

“War zones, natural disaster areas, displaced populations, that kind of thing,” Ms. Jung says. “These won’t be our idea of a house with so many rooms and possessions and furnishings.”

“No,” the Tepeu agrees. “These will be places for sleeping, food prep, and storage mainly. The important aspect is that the family will be in a good, solid structure which can provide safety. A door which locks. We take such security for granted but it is lacking in many areas of the world.”

You nod, remembering some of your own clients who so desperately needed a home after some kind of disaster or another. “I would be happy to be involved in any way I can.”

Tepeu breaks into wide grin.

“We have few requirements, mostly we are hoping you will be able to connect the dots for the actual design of the building,” says Ms. Jung as she hands over several briefs.

“The need is so wide-spread,” Tepeu says. “There are many climates and cultures which Settlement for Simanity will build for, so we are hoping we can get a variety of designs, while meeting the basic needs.”

“Of course!” you say, already having visions in your head.

vPz5U5r.png

Budget: 8,000 for build only - do not consider the cost of the lot
    Any size lot can be used but the extent of any structures or placed items (not including foliage) should not be more than 10x10

Pick one of the following community locations to design for:
    Desert
    Rainforest
    Subarctic
    Tropic
    Dense urban

(You do not need to own a suitable world for your chosen location but your landscaping and terrain paints should be consistent with the climate you design for)

Each build will need to be fully securable
    At least two beds (a crib or sleeping bag will count as a second bed for this challenge, but the primary must be a regular bed)
    Toilet/bathing facilities
    Cooking facilities
    At least one additional skill item of any kind

Optional Challenge:

Build a community of at least 4 copies of your design (you may reCASt for variety but cannot change anything beyond that). Include a communal garden and any other special touches which may be appropriate for your build climate/location.

The deadline for this challenge is Sunday 31 March 2019 ** [no later than 23:59:59 EST/New York Time]
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    So, build a lot for 8.000 that has a footprint no larger than 10x10 with a REGULAR bed (can be single or double?) and a second sleeping item as well as some way to cook food and take care of bladder and hygiene while providing some way to skill (besides cooking). Then, copy the lot at least three times to have four different (in color and/or texture) versions of the same home. These versions are then placed around a communal garden and any other special touches that reflect the community and its location.

Sounds like a really fun adventure!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top