Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• AnjubeeAnjubee Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited June 2011
    I'm working on some finishing touches to my Centennial Vale build. I should have it up by tomorrow!
  • AnonymousMistAnonymousMist Posts: 133 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Keep sending in those Centennial Vale entries! The new thread for entries will be HERE.

LOVE the new Generations challenge! My vacation starts Tuesday, and I will definitely be entering this one :) Who else is in?

I'm so in i'm up to my chin in in-ness! Can't wait til;l 5 so I can leave work go home and start building!!!!! Wanted to start yesterday but had a killer headache. :( I have this AWESOMEEEEEEE plan too!!!! I just hope I can pull it off (if not I'll put ref pics in my entry...I proabably still will anyway)
  • SerithReiSerithRei Posts: 271 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Keep sending in those Centennial Vale entries! The new thread for entries will be HERE.

LOVE the new Generations challenge! My vacation starts Tuesday, and I will definitely be entering this one :) Who else is in?

I'm in too! Have the Foster family finished and I'm halfway through the house. Bit of a challenge this one! :D
  • ciaracaffciaracaff Posts: 815 Member
    edited June 2011
    My Centennial Vale entry should be added by tomorrow...having a little trouble with the launcher so will probably have to upload to mediafire and create a blog for my photos so it might take a while! :(
  • BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    edited June 2011

Brennachan's Centennial Vale house

NAME: Brennachan

Chosen lot # (1-72): #18

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4195645

LINK TO MEDIA: http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=327869

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 30 X 30, 2200 Pinochle Pt, Family funds $128, 735 (cost of house around $130,000)

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: This was built for the Build N Share Centennial Vale Challenge. It is a 3 bedroom house that has a detached master suite. There is a veggie garden, a tree house and a hot tub in the yard. The property has a one-car parking pad and room for 2 bicycles. There are lots of flower bushes and trees. The Whitefox family lives here.

Official "Community" Lot Sign-up Form

Family Surname (last name): Brennachan
    Family members (first names) and ages: Yoshi Whitefox and Brennachan Whitefox (adults), Lucy (teenager) and George (child)
    Chosen lot # (1-72): #18
    Chosen lot address: 2200 Pinochle Pt
  • TamlynTamlyn Posts: 295 Member
    edited June 2011
    I would love to build the Generations one (even though I don't have Generations) but I haven't even found the time yet to finish my Centennial Vale house :(
  • KOman123KOman123 Posts: 1,065 Member
    edited June 2011
    id like to join into the new competition if that is alright?
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited June 2011
    jostubbs wrote:
    I'm going to be unable to complete my 2nd house :( My dog was put down this morning and I'm not really in the mood at the moment to complete it. I am going to take a little break but hopefully enter the next Generations challenge :)

So sorry to hear that Jostubbs! I had to call in sick to work when one of my furry friends died a few years ago, so I know just how you're feeling :( I'll keep your lot reserved for a little while in case you feel like building again in the next few weeks.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited June 2011
    ciaracaff wrote:
    My Centennial Vale entry should be added by tomorrow...having a little trouble with the launcher so will probably have to upload to mediafire and create a blog for my photos so it might take a while! :(

No problem :) We've moved Centennial Vale HERE so that this thread can move on to Challenge 102/103.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited June 2011
    KOman123 wrote:
    id like to join into the new competition if that is alright?

Welcome to Build-n-Share, Koman :) If you have any questions, feel free to post here and someone will be happy to answer them!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • jostubbsjostubbs Posts: 134 Member
    edited June 2011
    jostubbs wrote:
    I'm going to be unable to complete my 2nd house :( My dog was put down this morning and I'm not really in the mood at the moment to complete it. I am going to take a little break but hopefully enter the next Generations challenge :)

So sorry to hear that Jostubbs! I had to call in sick to work when one of my furry friends died a few years ago, so I know just how you're feeling :( I'll keep your lot reserved for a little while in case you feel like building again in the next few weeks.

Thanks but that's OK. I've submitted my first house and I think dreamsong1968 has posted in the new thread that she would like the second lot I chose, which is absolutely fine by me. If I decide later to build another one I'll pick a lot then that still hasn't been taken :)
    Twitter: AussiePlumbob
    Origin: AussiePlumbob
    Sims 3: jostubbs
  • KOman123KOman123 Posts: 1,065 Member
    edited June 2011
    do you have any 40x40 lots left for the neighborhood? I have this house i would like to post!
  • SillyCaileySillyCailey Posts: 374 Member
    edited June 2011
    It has been a while since I joined a BnS and I think I would like to give the Generations House a shot. I have some real life things going on right now but I need a distraction and I think this might help, if real life keeps me from finishing I am going to apologize up front. Not sure about what category to enter, I haven't done any real building in a while - you guys who do the Team Challenges know that I mostly landscape so I am thinking the Intermediate category, if anyone who has seen my previous work on BnS thinks this is the wrong category please let me know :)
    edited June 2011
    KOman123 wrote:
    do you have any 40x40 lots left for the neighborhood? I have this house i would like to post!

No 40x40 ones left, but you could put it on a larger one and add some landscaping to it. The list of available lots is HERE :)
    It has been a while since I joined a BnS and I think I would like to give the Generations House a shot. I have some real life things going on right now but I need a distraction and I think this might help, if real life keeps me from finishing I am going to apologize up front. Not sure about what category to enter, I haven't done any real building in a while - you guys who do the Team Challenges know that I mostly landscape so I am thinking the Intermediate category, if anyone who has seen my previous work on BnS thinks this is the wrong category please let me know

Hope you have time for it! Intermediate would be a good place to start, and the judges can move you up if needed.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited June 2011
    NAME: anonymousMist

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4200620

LINK TO FAMILY: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4200622 (wasn't able to take pics in the house because everytime I tried my game would shut down. My pc is crap - sorry)

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee369/Anonymous_Mist/Build-N-Share/Generations/?albumview=slideshow

LEVEL: Intermediate

LOT SIZE ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40x40 (will get back to you on address.) $170 something

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS:
    This lot is a mix between ultra modern and a family cottage. Lots of space in and around home for the entire family. "granny Flat" is on the top floor.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please. I tried alot of new things with this one, e.g. a space to see on the floor below etc. And I would love to know what you guys thought.Also I'm trying to get away from TOO modern O.o Thanks.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: No Custom Content...I believe.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited June 2011
    I'm so in i'm up to my chin in in-ness! Can't wait til;l 5 so I can leave work go home and start building!!!!! Wanted to start yesterday but had a killer headache. :( I have this AWESOMEEEEEEE plan too!!!! I just hope I can pull it off (if not I'll put ref pics in my entry...I proabably still will anyway)

Up to your chin in in-ness - that's pretty "in" :shock: :lol: I haven't been able to start building yet - hope to get some time in the next few days. I've been looking at floor plans hoping for some inspiration though...how about you?

EDIT - Oh, oops! I see that the entry just above my post is your Generations! entry. Nice work, and speedy, too :) I'm jealous!
  • Jurik1124Jurik1124 Posts: 4,627 New Member
    edited June 2011
    :shock: Oh my goodness! Great job everyone! :D
    edited June 2011
    OFFICIAL ENTRY - GENERATIONS 102-103

NAME: jostubbs

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4208416

LINK TO FAMILY: Family is included in the lot but can upload separately if needed :)

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s328.photobucket.com/albums/l357/joannestubbings/Build N Share 102-103 Generations/?albumview=slideshow

LEVEL: Intermediate

LOT SIZE ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40x40, 455 Sunnyside Blvd
    Unfurnished: $99,155
    Furnished: $160,617

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS:
    I wanted to have a beach feel but still fairly modern as per family's wishes :)

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Of course, all criticism is welcome :)

CUSTOM CONTENT USED: I've tried not to use any but there is content from the Generations expansion.
    edited June 2011

Up to your chin in in-ness - that's pretty "in" :shock: :lol: I haven't been able to start building yet - hope to get some time in the next few days. I've been looking at floor plans hoping for some inspiration though...how about you?

EDIT - Oh, oops! I see that the entry just above my post is your Generations! entry. Nice work, and speedy, too :) I'm jealous!

:lol: thanks, don't be jealous, yours are always awesome. I had about 3 different plans. One didnt work out because it would have gone over budget. infact I had it up to 193,000 and I didn't even finish the granny flat, and that was the first floor lol. I always use floor plans as a starter, then halfway through i break out into my own thing lol.
    Yeah I have to do them quick since my weeks are pretty busy with work and a class I'm doing in the evenings. sigh. And weekends aren't much better. Plus this week my pc with sims apparently decides not to work with the internet for very long so...yeah.
  • jorygomesjorygomes Posts: 2,119
    edited June 2011
    i want to do this, but its a little to complicated. plus i am too preoccupied in the extreme makeover SIM edition challenge that is about to start!!!! in 2 days, we need MORE people.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/385415.page

i might join the next cycle tho
  • golden_glowgolden_glow Posts: 862 Member
    edited June 2011
    I just wanted to check something, does the whole house have to have purple in it? I assumed it didn't include the childrens rooms as the children may have different colour preferences to the parents, is this okay? or am I meant to add purple to the childrens rooms as well?
    edited June 2011
    I just wanted to check something, does the whole house have to have purple in it? I assumed it didn't include the childrens rooms as the children may have different colour preferences to the parents, is this okay? or am I meant to add purple to the childrens rooms as well?

The children and Sarah Jones do not have to have purple in their rooms, but their color scheme should relate to the overall color scheme. So if you've chosen a neutral, light colored wood for the flooring, for example, you might use that in the children's bedrooms too, but otherwise customize their rooms using their favorite colors. Only the rooms that Jenny uses frequently need have purple accents. And again, these could be only accents. You don't have to create an entirely purple house! Hope this helps. :-)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • ScoiattoloScoiattolo Posts: 932
    edited June 2011
    AnonymousMist, love the complicated roofline of your house! And I like how you included lots of large windows for spectacular views of the ocean. :D

jostubbs, gorgeous! There are many ideas I intend to steal, like the arched trellis over the fence gate! A really nice job. :thumbup:
    edited June 2011
    Scoiattolo wrote:
    AnonymousMist, love the complicated roofline of your house! And I like how you included lots of large windows for spectacular views of the ocean. :D

jostubbs, gorgeous! There are many ideas I intend to steal, like the arched trellis over the fence gate! A really nice job. :thumbup:

Aww thank you! *blush*
    edited June 2011
    Scoiattolo wrote:

Thanks Scott (the roof was one of the 'new' things :))

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top