Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• danigirl347danigirl347 Posts: 2
    edited June 2011
    Family Surname (last name): danigirl347
    Family members (first names) and ages: Douglas (elder), Debbie (elder), Deanna (adult), Danielle (self, young adult), Justin (young adult), Austin (baby)
    Chosen lot # (1-72): 38
    Chosen lot address: Skyborough Blvd - 13
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited June 2011
    Joshoku wrote:
    oh hope I'm not too late on this... good thing I've been working on a bit of a dream home :]

Family Surname (last name): Joshoku
    Family members (first names) and ages: Carly (YA)
    Chosen lot # (1-72): 32
    Chosen lot address: Redwood Pkwy 250

will add who my family is soon!

Not too late! I'll add you to the list :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited June 2011
    Got your entry, RGW! Looks really great - I think you captured the style you were going for. And got your sign-up, too, Danigirl :)
  • ScoiattoloScoiattolo Posts: 932
    edited June 2011
    SerithRei wrote:
    Official "Community" Lot Sign-up Form

Family Surname (last name):Serithrei
    Family members (first names) and ages: Karen (self) 27
    Chosen lot # (1-72): 47
    Chosen lot address:10 Summerhill Court 60 x 60 - (Landgraab Household)

Media and lot link:

Lot Link

Media Link **Sorry I haven't done a great job of sorting these into any kind of order. I'm crazy busy moving house!**

***Start on page 7 of the album and work back!***

I went a bit crazy and did a kind of Victorian style house with 5 bd, 5 ba. I think it ended up costing 350,000 simoleons. :D

What an elegant house! I especially love the wood paneled entry and the hedge labyrinth. Can I live there too?
  • jostubbsjostubbs Posts: 134 Member
    edited June 2011
    Official "Centennial Vale" Entry Form

NAME: jostubbs
    Chosen lot # (1-72): 1. 74 Landgraab Ave

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4177380

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s328.photobucket.com/albums/l357/joannestubbings/Build N Share 100/

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 74 Landgraab Avenue
    Furnished: $102,723
    Unfurnished: $63,826

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Simple cottage with three bedrooms and two bathrooms. I like simple uncluttered houses with plenty of space indoor and out :)
    Twitter: AussiePlumbob
    Origin: AussiePlumbob
    Sims 3: jostubbs
    edited June 2011

NAME: ravenghostwolves

Chosen lot # (1-72): #2

LINK TO LOT: Home with Household
    Family members (first names) and ages: Darren(Adult), Lyn(Young Adult), Shawna(teen), Patrick(teen)

Additional link if you want a copy without household Ghostwolf Southwestern

LINK TO MEDIA: Additonal media posted on Photobucket.

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40x40, 86 Landgraab Ave., $169,400

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: I chose to build my actual home as closely as possible but have added many of the thngs I would like to do in the future. Hope you all enjoy it. I have done my best to replicate some of the features you see in southwestern homes here in Arizona.

I really enjoyed your slide show! It was fascinating to see pictures of your real home alongside the Sims version.
    edited June 2011
    jostubbs wrote:

NAME: jostubbs
    Chosen lot # (1-72): 1. 74 Landgraab Ave

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4177380

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s328.photobucket.com/albums/l357/joannestubbings/Build N Share 100/

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 74 Landgraab Avenue
    Furnished: $102,723
    Unfurnished: $63,826

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Simple cottage with three bedrooms and two bathrooms. I like simple uncluttered houses with plenty of space indoor and out :)

Great job! I love the open floor plan and how you did the curtains. Nice color choices, too.
  • golden_glowgolden_glow Posts: 862 Member
    edited June 2011

NAME: golden_glow

Chosen lot # (1-72): 20

LINK TO LOT: http://gb.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4177890

LINK TO MEDIA: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/350953.page

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 30 x 30, 2300 Pinochle Point, $38,722

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: I'm Alex, a young adult climbing the Education career ladder. Laura is my teenage sister and Maria is our mother. We live in a 2 bedroomed terraced house with our two dogs (who I can add to our sim family soon!). There is no CC in this build :)
  • Lilbabygurl0507Lilbabygurl0507 Posts: 21 Member
    edited June 2011

NAME: McNally
    Chosen lot # (1-72): 31. 230 Redwood Pkwy

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4178584

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa326/kimberly55799/neighborhood challenge/?albumview=slideshow

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 30x40, 230 Redwood Pkwy, $354,872

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: I decided to build my actual house.. It has 3 bedrooms with two baths. One bedroom is used as an office/study area. Has an in ground pool with a fire pit in the back yard.
  • mgolden27mgolden27 Posts: 369 New Member
    edited June 2011
    mgolden27 wrote:
    I can't wait to start, but mine might be a day or two late if that's ok. I pulled a chest muscle and severly aggravated it playing football with my son somehow. So I'm basically on bedrest for three days and since my games on my desktop...I'm not allowed to sim, since it hurts to sit up. Im going to try to make the deadline, but just in case is Thursday or Friday next week okay if I have no other choice? I wouldn't even be posting this if I handn't snuck my iphone, lol. Thanks! :)

Oh, that sounds terribly painful! The deadline is not a problem. We still have plenty of lots available, so we may make it a side project and continue to gather lots for a few more weeks. Hope you feel better soon :)

It was painful, luckily muscle relaxers help. Only problem is they knock me out and I sleep the days away. I'm good to go now, so I'll be starting tonight. I decided not to use Generations, since I'll get lost in all the new discoveries. :D So I should be able to finish up by the deadline since my kids still have school this week and I'm still on orders to take it easy for a couple days. Hope everyone had a great weekend!
    edited June 2011
    Great job, McNally and golden_glow! It is absolutely fascinating to see where people live. I'm loving this challenge!

And mgolden27, glad you're back with us and feeling better!
  • AquacattAquacatt Posts: 223 Member
    edited June 2011
    Is the slightly relaxed deadline available for others? I spent most of my weekend Sims time reinstalling and downloading to get generations up and running.

I'm attempting to do my real house, but it's a quad level and I might have to bulldoze what I have and try a different tactic. It's unlikely I'll be done by Wednesday. :(

Regardless, I'm enjoying seeing everyone else's homes!! (And families. :D)
  • DaiyuDaiyu Posts: 771 Member
    edited June 2011

NAME: Daiyu
    Chosen lot #: 66

LINK TO LOT: http://www.mediafire.com/?kfzz2m2a9223ci3

LINK TO MEDIA: http://img200.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=ctroofterracev1.jpg

LOT SIZE: 30x40
    ADDRESS: 58 Water Lily Lane
    FINAL COST: $186,068

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS:
    Modern townhouse, 4 bedrooms (Master, Nursery, Boys, Girls). Office/Studio, 3.5 bathrooms, Roof Terrace, Garage.

* All EP's/SP's used + some store content

ctfrontv2.th.jpg
    edited June 2011
    Aquacatt wrote:
    Is the slightly relaxed deadline available for others? I spent most of my weekend Sims time reinstalling and downloading to get generations up and running.

I'm attempting to do my real house, but it's a quad level and I might have to bulldoze what I have and try a different tactic. It's unlikely I'll be done by Wednesday. :(

Yes, the relaxed deadline is available to everyone. Centennial Vale is a community project and not so much a competition. The next challenge will still be posted on Wednesday, but people can post their CV lots whenever they get them done.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • ravenghostwolvesravenghostwolves Posts: 16 Member
    edited June 2011
    Having fun putting this neighborhood together so far. I started a new game just for it have already moved any existing sim families into any homes or lots that havent been clamied yet and bulldozed the lots.
    So far just have Jostubbs & SerithRei's & my lot in place, looks like we are neighbors Jostubbs.
    I have Lilbabygurl0507 & Golden_glow's lot d/l & installed ready to place but I'm having problems with Daiyu's.
    It d/l's ok but it keeps giving me an install error and saying to make sure my game is uptodate, which I know it is, any hints anyone on what to try? I have already deleted the lot file and re-downloaded still no go.
  • DaiyuDaiyu Posts: 771 Member
    edited June 2011
    ... but I'm having problems with Daiyu's.
    It d/l's ok but it keeps giving me an install error and saying to make sure my game is uptodate, which I know it is, any hints anyone on what to try? I have already deleted the lot file and re-downloaded still no go.

Hmm, no idea what has gone wrong but it's also probably why it wouldn't upload to the exchange :( I haven't used any CC, but I do have a couple of Twallans mods (is it possible that might be why it wouldn't upload or have problems?).

Also, I did have a couple of problems with the lot initially whilst building (had an exception error thingy) and ended up deleting the game and starting again. Maybe my lot is just buggy.

I'll try re-uploading again later today. Would be good if anyone has any advice on what could have gone wrong!

Thanks.
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited June 2011
    Can I sign up? I can post Sim family later.
    Would like 72. Wright Way - 180 - 40 x 30 - (Empty House - Cormorant) Because it is 'Move-In' ready. :P

Great Name choice and Beautiful Siggy Banner.
    2hyx5qg.jpg
  • angelnga169angelnga169 Posts: 113
    edited June 2011
    NAME: (your TS3 name)Angel (as in Angelnga169)
    Chosen lot # (1-72):#17

LINK TO LOT:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4182714 family and home

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4165951 family only

LINK TO MEDIA:
    http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/nn93/cutynga169/sims 3 uploads/?albumview=slideshow

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST:
    Lot# 17
    365 Oak Grove Road (funny cause my real address is Post Oak)
    30x30
    Furnished-$94,346
    unfurnished-$56,011

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS:
    Community Challenge!! We are making a neighborhood based on our real selves and our real houses...I made mine as close as possible and it looks very identical in some areas...the lot was too small to add the extra to my REAL front yard but I managed and I added something else in place of anything I had...its a cozy starter type home for a family of 4, has a living room with a fireplace (and two tvs..one to watch and one to video game it(hubby's idea) two bedrooms on one side of the house with a full bath,master bedroom with master bath and laundry room garage and a car that comes close to looking like mine ENJOY!

edited June 2011
    Can I sign up? I can post Sim family later.
    Would like 72. Wright Way - 180 - 40 x 30 - (Empty House - Cormorant) Because it is 'Move-In' ready. :P

Great Name choice and Beautiful Siggy Banner.
    2hyx5qg.jpg

I have you signed up for 72. 180 Wright Way.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited June 2011

I loved how you included real pictures of your home, inside and out, interspersed with your Sim home. That is so cool. :thumbup:
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • angelnga169angelnga169 Posts: 113
    edited June 2011

I loved how you included real pictures of your home, inside and out, interspersed with your Sim home. That is so cool. :thumbup:

thanks so much!! :mrgreen: once I put it together and compared how they looked alike was so neat!! :D
  • jostubbsjostubbs Posts: 134 Member
    edited June 2011
    I'm loving everyones lots and families!

Is it up to us to download and place each entry or will a whole world be released with all the lots already placed?
    Twitter: AussiePlumbob
    Origin: AussiePlumbob
    Sims 3: jostubbs
  • Nicwin0Nicwin0 Posts: 39 Member
    edited June 2011
    Yay! I'm basically finished but it's not at all as detailed as I wanted it to be. And I'm going out of town tomorrow for a couple of days for my birthday. So hopefully I'll finish it right this weekend. Thanks. :)
    Aquacatt wrote:

Yes, the relaxed deadline is available to everyone. Centennial Vale is a community project and not so much a competition. The next challenge will still be posted on Wednesday, but people can post their CV lots whenever they get them done.
  • scorpiophoenixscorpiophoenix Posts: 2,289 Member
    edited June 2011

NAME: scorpiophoenix
    Chosen lot # (1-72): 26 Recurve Strand

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4184122

LINK TO MEDIA:
    http://s1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee466/Scorpiothephoenix/Phunky Phresh Modern/
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40 X 30 Recurve Strand Sunset Valley 400,000+

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: This is a four bedroom and three bath modern dream home fit for a beach locale. I created it with the vista views and outdoor activities in mind. This is not my actual home, I live in Kentucky so a beach house is not actually the neighboorhood style. I added a garage which is kind of redundant for the locale but it was a personal preference.
  • addict1220addict1220 Posts: 3,778 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Thanks to all who will join in our celebration! I can't believe it's already been almost 2 years for Build-n-Share. Here's to many more years to come. 8)

I also want to thank all of those who shared your congrats on the new addition to my family. He is a cutie! I will try to post a pic on Builders' Boulevard soon.

Sincerely,
    Addict

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top