Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Downloading a world *question*

I was wondering, I downloaded a world onto my game, even though I only have the base game. I installed it, and everything went fine. Just when I wanted to load the world, my entire game just closed. I'm not quite sure what i'm doing wrong or if I need EP's to be able to play with other worlds that you download. :?

Comments

• Options
    scenegothgirlscenegothgirl Posts: 6,985 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Usually it will state what eps you need
    You won't find much worlds with just base game though
  • Options
    Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    edited May 2011
    Same thing happens to me. I'm only missing WA but it seems 90% of the worlds are dependent on it so my game crashes. Good luck finding a base game only world, it'll be pretty tough. :?
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
  • Options
    NiCandCoNiCandCo Posts: 270
    edited May 2011
    I was wondering, I downloaded a world onto my game, even though I only have the base game. I installed it, and everything went fine. Just when I wanted to load the world, my entire game just closed. I'm not quite sure what i'm doing wrong or if I need EP's to be able to play with other worlds that you download. :?

I came across this link the other day and it should help anyone who is looking for world's that only use the base game: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/372366.page#5258977

I realise that doesn't really answer your question but as someone else mentioned, as far as I know, all the worlds have what EP's are required to use the world on their download page. If you only have the base game (and I'm sure a lot of people do, I've only got Ambitions because someone was kind enough to give it to me, but that's the only EP I've got and I don't have any of the SP's either) then that link will give you a bunch of worlds that you can download and play without worrying about whether they will work or not.

Just a quick thought, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the world to see if that helps?

Okay then, ramble over... :oops: