Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• TashaGoesMewTashaGoesMew Posts: 47 Member
    This is such a neat idea! I'm currently working my way through the last of the store items I need and don't currently have anything I'd like to ask for, but I had to send out a few things to others & help spread the love. Very cool to see so much generosity. =)
    My Origin ID: SomeGeekyGirl
  • WaterHornetWaterHornet Posts: 352 Member
    AMofOz wrote: »
    And giant big Thanks to @WaterHornet for Clearing my Top5 from the One With Nature set!!

You're welcome! When I saw that at the top I said "Oh I have to gift her some of that stuff. I LOVE that set!" It's quirky and it doesn't fit every home design, but when you build the house around it it all comes together very nicely. Couple it with the Nautical Living set and you've got a golden home decorating palette. Well, I'm off to farm more points...just dropped a big bomb on @TashaGoesMew 's wishlist. That's what you get when you say you don't need help...I'm going to help you come h--l or high water! HELP WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT! :D
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    I've updated my top five and everything on it is either 25 or 75 simpoints! :grin:

Still working on Fanciful Fashion & Hairstyles and Palace of Versailles. I actually just realized two of the hairstyles I like to use the most are part of the Fanciful Fashion & Hairstyles set. I feel like I should've known that, lol.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Readalot1Readalot1 Posts: 338 Member
    Hi @foxxilox ! I just gifted you the MultiTab 6000. I've never tried just gifting an item that is not on a wishlist before, so please let me know if you got it. I figured you probably didn't own it, so I went out on a limb. It's probably the most useful object in the whole store, and it combines nicely with the DD discounts for the Technophobe No More set and a couple of others. To see the full description of how this works, go to the Daily Deal Thread and the Cascades and Daily Deals Thread .

The pages may seem confusing at first, but everyone on this thread and the ones I linked are very kind and helpful. If you have a question, just post it, and someone will surely answer it. You should pay special attention to the mention of 'cascades' - which is when you own enough parts of a set that you can get the rest of it for free or a very a low price. I've posted the quote from the Cascades thread below. I gifted you the MultiTab 6000, and that should put a large dent in the set, so you might not even have to pay as much.

"Sadly the Gothic Glamour cascade has broken down- here is how it works now for reference: bought the statue for 25 SP, then the home office for 380 SP, then the GG Living room + home office collection was 40 SP, then technophobe was free (woo), and it is currently showing Oh My Goth! as costing 275 SP (not free like I was hoping for). So I had a 445 SP investment. Currently the daily deals can get you the same stuff for only ~425 SP by waiting for DD # 270 (gothic glam sofa- 48/99) and then getting Technophobe on DD#394 for an estimated 372 SPs. ***you may be able to get these items for even less using the dd rotation, but I have not spent that much time looking into it since I already own them***"
    I'm a real girl now! I have a signature!
    My Wishlist here .
    My Thank You Thread here .
    My Top 5 here .
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    It's been a pretty stressful day, so it was a such welcome change to see that I'd received some nice gifts from friends. Thank you, @simgeek79 for Papi's Sombrero & Sunset Over the Mountain. I'm getting closer and closer to being able to get Fabulous Fiesta, and when the DD for Waning Moon comes up on Friday I'll be able to get it for almost free. A big thank you too, @debbycanty, for the Sugar, Spice, and Everything Nice Wall Shelf. The Mid-Century Dining set is the final Mid-Century set I'm working on (after grabbing Mid-Century Fantasy early this morning), I really appreciate the help in being able to get that much closer to an awesome discount.

I'll be updating my Top Five shortly, thank you again in making a pretty rotten day so much better. :)
  • maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    @WaterHornet enjoy :)
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • TashaGoesMewTashaGoesMew Posts: 47 Member
    @WaterHornet ~ I know I've already said thank you for the incredible gift, but I feel it can't be said enough. @ohmyglobguys ~ Thank you for sending me a gift back! I really appreciate it. Apparently I'm not going to get away with saying I'm not looking for anything. =P You all are too amazing!

This was my first time ever gifting so I hope everyone gets the presents I've sent. (I don't have many friends on Sims 3 and honestly didn't even know you could do this until today, even though I've been playing for years, lol).
    My Origin ID: SomeGeekyGirl
  • debbycantydebbycanty Posts: 285 Member
    Good morning all, I am hoping to get the Fifth Avenue Fashions before they go off sale. Today I am getting a few more ads than usual. I had 8 this morning. :) I'm almost convinced I need Lego Bionicles. hehe I've been too busy to find time to play sims this week. Missing my sim family.
    Any way I have updated my top 5 thankyou <3
    Thank you @TashaGoesMew for gifting me the Vertical Light Emitting Device. I'm always pleasantly surprised when someone I didn't know before gifts me. It's like finding a candy bar! I had actually just started hunting for sets to update my WL when you gifted me :p I realized it had been a while and all the items on there were pretty expensive. Once again, thank you for the gift! It's very appreciated.
    My Wishlist here .
    My Top 5 here .
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    So I've updated my top five again, lol! Thanks again for the gift @TashaGoesMew! :smiley:

I'm done working on Palace of Versailles! I should be good to go when it comes up on DD! So right now I'm focused on the sales. I completely forgot I was working on Fifth Avenue Fashions and I'm still working on Fanciful Fashion and Hairstyles so those now make up my top five. :smile:
    KqGXVAC.jpg
    I've updated my Top 5 here . Thank you all so much in advance!
    My Wishlist here .
    My Top 5 here .
  • shaliny1997shaliny1997 Posts: 646 Member
    edited August 2015
    Updated my top 5!
    Thank you @WaterHornet! :smiley:
    Happy simming!! :smiley:

• AMofOzAMofOz Posts: 856 Member
    WHOA, Thanks for the GiftBomb @ApparentlyAwesome @TashaGoesMew and @maria_loves_alex You are all too kind - Thank You So Much!! xo
    -Ann Maree (AM for short)
    Feel free to add me on The Sims 3 MyPage.
    I now own the store! (apart from avatars and badges)
  • fairygirl7fairygirl7 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Thank you very much for the gifts @WaterHornet ! <3

My top 5 has been updated. :smiley:
  • lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,869 Member
    @WaterHornet !!!! It looks like you went on an absolute spending spree and not just for me! I don't even know where to begin. THREE dresses AND brunch at the Old Mill???? You are far too kind but thank you so so so very much! Ahh so excited right now hehe <3
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
    You just solved my mystery! I used to get email notices whenever I was gifted something and then suddenly sometime in August they just stopped. I'd see the little notification next to the gift box on the Sims 3 site, but I relied on emails to view them if an ad for free simpoints appeared. I just checked my junk mail and all the email notifications since the 13th of August were there!

Maybe EA changed something. Their emails had never been considered junk before.
    How weird!! Yeah that's what I was thinking, but mine are coming through again now :D glad I helped!
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • AMofOzAMofOz Posts: 856 Member
    Have updated my Top 5 here.

Thanks so much you guys! xo
    -Ann Maree (AM for short)
    Feel free to add me on The Sims 3 MyPage.
    I now own the store! (apart from avatars and badges)
  • blacerdamullerblacerdamuller Posts: 57 Member
    edited August 2015
    Updated my Top 5
    Updated my Wishlist

Thank you for the lovely gift, @TashaGoesMew :D
    Top 5 and Wishlist updated :3
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    @AMofOz you're welcome :)
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
    @AMofOz thank you so much for the lovely dress! Truly appreciated <3
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • shayleajayshayleajay Posts: 319 Member
    Updated my top 5 with more items from the Faire Den and Slumber sets.
    Thankyou to @simgeek79 and @debbycanty for clearing the previous top 5 items from the Faire set.
    The sale ends on Wednesday so hopefully I can get the points I need for the Performing Art Studio on DD later today (110pts in 5hrs, if the ads give me some love like they have the past few days I can do it) and then gather the rest I need tommorrow to get at least one of those two sets.

@ApparentlyAwesome and @Lizzie1234 my gift notifications go into the junk folder too, I just have to constantly check the junk box for them. I've tried flagging them as important and adding the EA address as a contact but they keep going to junk :s
    tumblr_lya5t5qIPs1rn95k2o8_250.gif

My Wishlist HERE pieces from the set(s) I want are at the top. My Top 5. My Thankyou Thread for my kind gifters. A world of my own creation Aure Island.
    shayleajay wrote: »
    @ApparentlyAwesome and @Lizzie1234 my gift notifications go into the junk folder too, I just have to constantly check the junk box for them. I've tried flagging them as important and adding the EA address as a contact but they keep going to junk :s
    Oh that sucks :/ I use gmail and it seemed happy enough when I unmarked EA emails as spam dunno if that would work?
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • tiger_lily5tiger_lily5 Posts: 3,904 Member
    @Reachsims Thank you so much for the gifts! They are a great help with the sets I'm working on. Thank you! :)

Updated My Top 5 :)
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • shayleajayshayleajay Posts: 319 Member
    Lizzie1234 wrote: »
    shayleajay wrote: »
    Oh that sucks :/ I use gmail and it seemed happy enough when I unmarked EA emails as spam dunno if that would work?

I have stupid Microsoft Outlook nonsense which is probably partly the problem, they suck.
    tumblr_lya5t5qIPs1rn95k2o8_250.gif

My Wishlist HERE pieces from the set(s) I want are at the top. My Top 5. My Thankyou Thread for my kind gifters. A world of my own creation Aure Island.