Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• runzurunzu Posts: 184 Member
    Updated my Top 5!
    My picture perfect world is full of 'imperfections' and diversity. I don't own TS4.

Wishlist | Top 5 Wishlist | My Thank You Thread | Gift TPAY | Household Creation Game | Squeaky Clean Wishlist | RIP Past Sims
  • shaliny1997shaliny1997 Posts: 646 Member
    edited August 2015
    Here's my top 5!
    Happy simming!! :smiley:

• lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,874 Member
    edited August 2015
    Oh my goodness! Ok, I would firstly like to apologise to @NESChic @debbycanty AND @simgeek79 because it would appear that I was never emailed about my gifts! Gosh I can't believe I missed that and I am terribly sorry, you must all think I'm so ungrateful! If I hadn't logged on to download the dress from @NESChic I would never have even noticed the hairstyle and jacket, and the beautiful dresses from @debbycanty and @simgeek79 !

So thank you very, very much guys and I am sorry that I never got the emails! I will try to rectify this, happy simming! <3

EDIT: My email thought EA was spam. As much as I dislike EA I have now made sure that any sims emails will come through!
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • figmentzfigmentz Posts: 504 Member
    Lizzie1234 wrote: »
    Oh my goodness! Ok, I would firstly like to apologise to @NESChic @debbycanty AND @simgeek79 because it would appear that I was never emailed about my gifts! Gosh I can't believe I missed that and I am terribly sorry, you must all think I'm so ungrateful! If I hadn't logged on to download the dress from @NESChic I would never have even noticed the hairstyle and jacket, and the beautiful dresses from @debbycanty and @simgeek79 !

So thank you very, very much guys and I am sorry that I never got the emails! I will try to rectify this, happy simming! <3

EDIT: My email thought EA was spam. As much as I dislike EA I have now made sure that any sims emails will come through!

Do you have to accept your gifts through email? Or can you go on the Sims 3 site to accept them?

simssignature_zpstlsaiz9k.jpg
    Top 5 and Wishlist updated <3
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
    figmentz wrote: »
    Do you have to accept your gifts through email? Or can you go on the Sims 3 site to accept them?
    They appear on the site on my purchase history just fine and they've all downloaded successfully it's just that I had no idea they were there! I don't check to see if I've been gifted aha so I count on the email I get to let me know! At least it's solved now lol
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    You're welcome @Lizzie1234 - no worries, I just sent mine this morning. I too had to depend on emails to know that I had been gifted. The little gift box on My Page never showed them, always a "0" there. So unless I saw the email or checked my purchase history, I would have no clue. Hope the dress helped your CYS :smiley:
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
    simgeek79 wrote: »
    You're welcome @Lizzie1234 - no worries, I just sent mine this morning. I too had to depend on emails to know that I had been gifted. The little gift box on My Page never showed them, always a "0" there. So unless I saw the email or checked my purchase history, I would have no clue. Hope the dress helped your CYS :smiley:
    Yeah my page is the same, weird! It has thank you, getting closer by the minute! :3
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • foxxiloxfoxxilox Posts: 8 New Member
    i have never been gifted..
    i dont even know how to use this..
    this forum is hrd for me to understand...
  • ohmyglobguysohmyglobguys Posts: 346 Member
    My top five needed an update and I added all kinds of items to my wishlist. Feel free to take a look ;)

Top 5 & Wishlist
    tumblr_n1hktrsv5i1skyr7eo1_500.gif

My wishlist: MeanMasterJay
    My Top 5
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    @mothersuperior2, @gnlovew, @NESChic, @simgeek79, @Anfoxxy and @LilaLatzhose thanks for your gifts! Thanks to you I'm almost done with the Happily Ever After set :) and have made a start on BahHaus! Thank you all very, very much :)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • LissieBessLissieBess Posts: 118 Member
    I've been updating my Top 5 and my wishlist
  • ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    foxxilox wrote: »
    Welcome @foxxilox! :) Well first of all, it would be nearly impossible to be gifted since this is your first post. With no posts until now, no one would know you exist.

You need to go to some Sims 3 Store pages and find some things you might like to have. On those pages there is a link on the right side that says, Add to Wishlist. So, add some things to a wish list - like maybe 20 or more. Once you have done that with some items, you have created a wish list. That is the first thing to do. Next, you can come back here and post a list of five of those things. They can be anything from the store. Those are the first things you need to do to participate here.

The wish list you create will have this link: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=foxxilox
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    I updated my top five! :smiley:

I'm now working on Fanciful Fashion & Hairstyles and Palace of Versailles, and I'm off to find a snack! :yum:
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • AMofOzAMofOz Posts: 856 Member
    Thank You @simgeek79 branch light and sculpture! Love that One With Nature set! I now 19% own it!
    -Ann Maree (AM for short)
    Feel free to add me on The Sims 3 MyPage.
    I now own the store! (apart from avatars and badges)
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Lizzie1234 wrote: »
    My email thought EA was spam. As much as I dislike EA I have now made sure that any sims emails will come through!

You just solved my mystery! I used to get email notices whenever I was gifted something and then suddenly sometime in August they just stopped. I'd see the little notification next to the gift box on the Sims 3 site, but I relied on emails to view them if an ad for free simpoints appeared. I just checked my junk mail and all the email notifications since the 13th of August were there!

Maybe EA changed something. Their emails had never been considered junk before.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • gnlovewgnlovew Posts: 900 Member
    You're welcome! I hope it helps! :smiley:
  • PegalotPegalot Posts: 14 New Member
    Thanks so much to Simgeek79 and Sweet2 for the great gifts! I love them!
  • blacerdamullerblacerdamuller Posts: 57 Member
    Updated my Top 5
    Updated my Wishlist
  • WaterHornetWaterHornet Posts: 352 Member
    foxxilox wrote: »

Oh don't be scared or nervous! If English isn't your first language just use Google translate to get a rough idea of what's going on; if your young ask your parents for help. Head over to TheSims3.com and set up an account if you haven't already. Click on the Button that says "Store" up top and browse through the stuff there. Click "Add to wishlist" any items you would like to own in the game. I, and a lot of other people, will check this forum thread to see if you've posted and head over to your wishlist to send you presents. It's that easy :D Just a tip, things you shouldn't add to your wishlist are entire Sets or Compilations. Put up individual items from the sets you want to own but not all of them! There's a formula you can use but I've never really understood it myself. Add some items from a set and after you've been gifted them, go to the page for the set and look towards the top for a large yellow progress bar. At some point, that bar fills up enough (generally at 75%) and you get the rest of the items in the set that you don't own for free! Saves us gifters points in the long run.
    For example, let's say you add 5 shirts to your wishlist from The Shirt Set (which doesn't exist...this is just to give you the idea) and then you add The Shirt Set to your wishlist. If someone gave you the 5 individual shirts and someone else gives you The Shirt Set then 5 items have been paid for twice. Which is a waste of SimPoints. Lets say you add 5 shirts from The Shirt set and someone gifts them all to you but that only fills the Complete Your Set bar half way you would add one or two more and wait patiently. You keep adding items from The Shirt Set to your wishlist slowly until you get the rest of The Shirt Set for free. It seems complicated but it's not once you get the hang of it. Start slowly; pick one set you really want and add a few single items from it to your wishlist. We'll help you along the way.
  • ohmyglobguysohmyglobguys Posts: 346 Member
    I had to update my top 5 due to a few generous Simmers! Thank you again @WaterHornet and @NESChic :)
    Here is my top 5 & wishlist.

I'm off to play Sims (or farm I'm undecided shh). Enjoy your evening, morning, afternoon whatever it may be - just enjoy it!! :smiley:
    tumblr_n1hktrsv5i1skyr7eo1_500.gif

My wishlist: MeanMasterJay
    My Top 5
  • WaterHornetWaterHornet Posts: 352 Member
    edited August 2015
    @gnlovew thanks for the gift! I got it the other day and I wasn't exactly not feeling well, but I certainly wasn't feeling normal. It's much appreciated :)
    @debbycanty thanks for the outfit! One step closer to Farm Fresh Folk set...I think that's the name of that set :)
    @maria_loves_alex thanks for the women's outfit! Those career minded Sims of mine will love this chic new look.

[Edited to add other players who sent me gifts. Because I'm a derp...I wonder what it's like to have a mind that works correctly and I remembered everything I was supposed to do all at once? Nah, never mind, that world sounds too put-together and creepy.)
    gnlovew wrote: »
    You're welcome! I hope it helps! :smiley:

Just had to say, I love your kitty in your Sig Line, is it yours? So funny with his head plonked downward like that. It's like "Life is sooo hard!" lol

And giant big Thanks to @WaterHornet for Clearing my Top5 from the One With Nature set!!
  • blacerdamullerblacerdamuller Posts: 57 Member
    Updated my Top 5
    Updated my Wishlist

Thank you <3:D