Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• taratownietaratownie Posts: 167 Member
    Thank you @wannie00 for your gift <3

Top 5 updated
    I have everything I want from the Sims 3 Store. Thanks again for everyone who helped <3
  • AstreiaAstreia Posts: 262 Member
    KikyoMibu wrote: »
    Jahnna wrote: »
    @KikyoMibu Nice :). Hope they fix it for you in a flash. Keep checking the sims 3 page every day, I wasn't notified it had been fixed.

I hope so, its already been '3' days since I posted and its still not fixed yet :(

Also thanks @Hoplass for the 2 gifts from my wishlist :)

Check again @KikyoMibu . Mine was just fixed and I posted after you.
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    From my TOP 5. :D

@wannie00 thanks for the Hi-Low Sparkle Dress!!! <3

Beautiful dress, thanks! :)

I have updated my Top 5 list HERE :)
  • LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    edited March 2017
    GREENEYA wrote: »
    @wannie00 thanks for the Hi-Low Sparkle Dress!!! <3
    Ironically, I would like to also like to thank @wannie00 for the Hi-Low Sparkle Dress! :lol: Thank you so much! :blush:

Right, and I've updated my top 5!
    Post edited by LillaGrisen on
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • jotajejejotajeje Posts: 162 Member
    edited March 2017
    Thank you for the gift @wannie00! My sims will have a great time surfing! B) I have no words to thank you! :)

Edit: I've updated my top 5!
    edited March 2017
    Thank you, @wannie00, for the gift! I hope to soon see it in my game! :mrgreen:

My top 5 has been updated!
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    Made a little update to my top 5 :)
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    It's been sooo quiet here recently... kinda spooky. :o
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna

It's a little atypical!

I've updated my Top5.
    *hears wind blow eerily through the quiet and lifeless thread, save for the occasional "Thank you, I've updated my top 5!"* :lol:
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    I know. But it's not just here. Every convo that I follow in TS3 forums is just as quiet lately. Totally weird.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Thanks @Kitiara for gifting me the Tiny Spike and Sweet Masses Chromodynamic Candy Dish!

@Jude525 I think probably it's that time of the semester (for college students) and plus, it's Spring Break for a lot of US folks. For me, the only reason I'm inactive is because of my laptop issues.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
    edited March 2017
    Besides gifting and receiving, how is everybodies Sims families going? Let's do some actual sims talking :smiley:
    I moved my Montague family from Sunset Valley to Riverview (for performance purposes) and have been revamping the whole town with my own buildings and absolutely gorgeous exchange lots (which are in german but if anybody is interested.... ;)) For the first time after a very very very long time I decided to take my time with the family and not do the typical, climb the career ladder as fast as poss, find a man instantly, marry instantly.... and so on. The two sisters Thalia and Ivy went to college, got their jobs while I frequently travelled to Egypt and France with Thalia and Ivy has been building her star fandom. Ivy introduced her sister to her now husband Sherman Kaminski-Bagley, who left his then wife Kayna, for her. ;) The wedding day was the last day I played the family. (This was also the first time in FOREVER that I did a proper wedding and not the quick in the kitchen thing :lol:) Now I'm doing the risky 10% woohoo with deactivated pregnancy sound. So excited when it will happen! :smiley: For Ivy I'm probably planning countless hopeless romances (I'm hunting down Don Lotario) which will result in her just adopting a child. This would be the second or third time EVER that I adopt a child in the Sims 3. I did it all the time in Sims 2 lol

Thalia and Sherman
    2dbc26292b5ccc820ce5969ed201b6cf.png
    Post edited by Jahnna on
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    @Jahnna I haven't played all that much with my family lately. I've been trying to on and off (in between playing some other games. Yes, I know, I play other games, for shame! :joy:) work on a legacy home for them and it takes forever. But when I have been playing TS3, it's been with my Ryzhkov family. At the moment my household consists of old man Ethan (formerly Bunch), his daughters Yulia and Irina and Irina's girlfriend Achiko (Yulia and Irina also have three younger brothers, but I had them all move out quite some time ago). Both Irina and Yulia are quite focused on their careers, but I definitely see kids in both their futures, although I'll probably actually use cheats to get either Achiko or Irina pregnant with their biological child because: a) I think they're both really cute and would love to see what their genetic offspring would look like, and b) I've seen the result of the adoptions that some townies have made and they can sometimes... um... look "biologically inaccurate":
    Why yes, that is a black werewolf-fairy with the tiniest wings ever and naturally blue eyes and blonde hair. She's the adopted grandchild of Claire Ursine in my current game.
    gdGu6zj.jpg
    As for Yulia's romantic life she just recently broke up with her high school sweetheart after developing feelings for her childhood BFF who had just recently gotten divorced. I'm not sure where they're going to go from there, but I personally don't have the best feeling about their relationship (look at me, talking about them as though they were real people :lol:).

I'm sorry if this was so long, I find it hard to keep it short when talking about the happenings of my sims' lives :sweat_smile:
    Don't worry about it ;)
    edited March 2017
    @jahnna I have been trying to start a dynasty game of my own, starting with my Simself. I'd tried out several worlds that just haven't worked out. I started in Isla Paradiso, but the game became choppy, so I decided to try Bridgeport. The game was running fine, but I felt trapped in that apartment and I didn't like ANY of the people I was meeting. But it did motivate me to create Exit to Eden, a cute public garden for my Sim to work on his gardening skill. It's available in my studio.

By this point he was getting on in age, and his lifetime goal is to be surrounded by family. So I backed up time to the Isla game and moved him to Aurora skies. Here he met a nice, compatible guy and I did the kitchen quickie wedding. I just moved them in to his husbands much larger house last night.

The first thing I did was redo the third floor as a nursery and a second child's room using the Animals Abound set in both, including that set's bathroom fixtures in the shared bath. It's adorable. Have you ever noticed the night lights in that set? I only noticed them yesterday when I was fixing the missing stencils. They are so cute. I filled the house with items I've yet to use including the Head Start Playpen, the Gift of Speech Baby Monitor and the Dirty No More Changing and Bathing Station. Since I'll be raising several children it will be fun to try these items out.

Between children's things and all the things for the cat and dog I brought to the house Adam's elegantly sparse bachelor's house that was perfect for entertaining is now perfect for starting a large family. There is room to add another third floor bedroom if I need it.

OKAY, wanted to include a couple pics of the nursery, bathroom and bedroom, but when I tried to load the game it crashed. Origin update installed yesterday. Coincidence? I don't think so. So I went to the launcher and it showed no EPs or SPs installed. I freaked afraid that it had somehow blown up my TS3 folders. When I checked they were all there. So I restarted Origin and TS3 and the EPs and SPs were back. Turned on the ones I've been using, loaded the game and loaded my current household. Got the message that items were being replaced. Why? I have only EA content right now. Grrrrrrrr. So I'm off to troubleshoot. Wish me luck.

PS I love the snippet of your wedding venue. <3
    aka Jude

My Studio

• ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    Hi all! I'm back from gaming hiatus, because my boyfriend went home, since we are in a long distance relationship, therefore we spend every second together when we're together. :smiley:

My Top 5 is updated!
    edited March 2017
    @Jahnna I haven't played all that much with my family lately. I've been trying to on and off (in between playing some other games. Yes, I know, I play other games, for shame! :joy:)

Hahaha you should see my Steam account, 1,400 hours in "Dead by Daylight" alone XDDDD I play other games all the time.
    And that black sim is just hilarious XDD since I want to adopt soon Im very curious to see what will happen!! Edit: I actually remember one time in Sims 2 I adopted a child girl and one with dark skin came! I was like 🐸🐸🐸🐸 that doesn't fit into my family lol and cheated her "white" skin. Now, I'm more than happy to welcome any skin colour in my family, since I want to mix everything up a little and not go down the same path all the time!

@Jude525, thats some goals! Ive tried many worlds but I thought Aurora Skies looked absolutely terrible, I never liked Bridgeport and Isla Paradiso also has been very choppy for me but I never tried to play it with my new hardware. Gonma go for that one some time!
    I also had an Origin update and at first it didnt show any EPs but i just clicked elsewhere and back and it was there again. But I have not experienced any crashes since I upgraded my computer. I guess the replacement message was just a glitch, when you look around it should all be fine.

@ninaumi, ahhh I feel you! Ive been in two long distance relationships one within germany (for almost 2 years) and one from germany to the UK for about a year - though latter one turned into a proper relationship with us living together in England for 2 1/2 years now :) best of luck!

Haha just saw I earned the 7th anniversary badge on the forum this morning :open_mouth:
    Post edited by Jahnna on
    @Jude525 Origin plums. I usually put it in offline mode and that seems to prevent updates so I rarely actually have to deal with it and its plumminess, except for when I try to start an Origin-game after restarting my computer. Then it pops up in all its "Hey, you've got to be logged in to play this game :tongue:"-glory, and of course you can't log in in offline-mode so then you just have to sit there and wait for the plummed thing to update :rage:
    I hope your issues are resolved soon and you'll be back to simming in no time. Can't wait to see those nursery pictures :wink:

I wish you luck using those baby/toddler items. I haven't used the playpen (since I don't own it. It's a bit hard to use something you don't own :lol:), but I know that some Store items including the changing station and the baby monitor are not very well coded. When using the changing station the sim usually put down the baby/toddler on the floor afterwards, though that can be fixed with a mod that was brought to my attention by @Jahnna :smile:
    The baby monitor is quite dangareous to leave with an unpreoccupied toddler as well as they automatically seem to head for the monitor as soon as they have nothing to do to demand your sims attention (lol, it's like they need attention like real toddlers :lol: Props to the developers for actually simulating attention-demanding toddlers :smiley:). I guess this might not be much of a problem if you only have one toddler, but if you have more than three you might have trouble on your hands... :sweat_smile:

A bit off topic, but I was wondering if anyone has any experience of this in the game: if a gay couple adopts, will either of the parents get paid parental leave? Similarly, will a lesbian couple both have to stay at home? I'm wondering since I don't think I've ever seen a case of paternity leave in TS3, which really plums, since it's only natural to try and have the parent with less income stay at home, right?

As for world I always think it's fun to play in different ones from time to time, but I always find myself coming back to Sunset Valley of all places. It's just very neutral with a lot of potential in my opinion, and I gues that's what I find so attractive about it. It also fits for every season, something which for example Sunlit Tides - as pretty as it is - certainly doesn't.
    Don't worry about it ;)
    edited March 2017
    @Jahnna I haven't played all that much with my family lately. I've been trying to on and off (in between playing some other games. Yes, I know, I play other games, for shame! :joy:)
    Hahaha you should see my Steam account, 1,400 hours in "Dead by Daylight" alone XDDDD I play other games all the time.
    And that black sim is just hilarious XDD since I want to adopt soon Im very curious to see what will happen!! Edit: I actually remember one time in Sims 2 I adopted a child girl and one with dark skin came! I was like plum that doesn't fit into my family lol and cheated her "white" skin. Now, I'm more than happy to welcome any skin colour in my family, since I want to mix everything up a little and not go down the same path all the time!
    Lol, I saw that. Try not to think about the amount of money you could've made if you spent those hours working :lol:

As for the adoption I just wished the game could be intelligent enough to understand that people in real life doesn't naturally have that hair colour with that skin colour. I never actually looked at Claire's grandchild until I put her in CAS to take the picture - she actually has a very pretty face. The problem is that when I've seen her walking around in the world all I've been able to focus on are those tiny wings and that horrendous hair colour and it just makes me cringe. I'm not changing it though - I can't wait to see what her kids will look like.
    I don't think I have ever or will ever change the genetics of an adopted kid in CAS since I think it kind of feel it would compromise the integrity of that sim (do I humanise them too much? :sweat_smile:), but I'm absolutely terrified of adopting in the game as I have seen what the results generally are - one of the more commons ones being kids with the incredibly ugly preset greenish brown hair colour (hopefully you know which one I mean. I might add a picture later).

Edit: Okay, so I don't know if that hair colour I mentioned really is a preset (I can't find it), but it still shows up way too often on adopted kids.
    Post edited by LillaGrisen on
    Don't worry about it ;)
    @LillaGrisen, since I'm gay, most of my Sims are as well. Which means I miss out on the whole pregnancy experience, but hopefully with the legacy family I'll be playing a mix. So, to answer your question, whichever parent in a gay household places the call to adopt receives the paid leave time. I'd forgotten this when adopting yesterday, but luckily I automatically had the family oriented parent place the call. The only down side right now is that he wants to quit and stay home with the kid, but he makes WAY more money than his husband, who is a new playable character, so not so advanced in his career. I'm just gonna push him to get promoted quickly and reduce his number of days worked. He's already down to 4 days a week.

@Jahnna, I agree, Aurora Skies isn't beautiful, but it's functional for now. I'm sick of moving and just want to play. But I know I'll have to commit to a town before the first kid moves out if I want the grandparent experience. And is it just me, or shouldn't Aurora Skies have auroras? I keep looking and I don't see any. It's sad enough that those balloons only lift about 5 feet off the ground.

As for my system problems, hopefully they are permanently solved. I've dumped the Origin client and installed from disc. About half my content was purchased on disc anyway, especially the base game. So I'm just getting install discs and using my legit registered codes. Actually, I explain over in the DD thread how I managed to make my own install discs for the packs I bought digital codes for. So by the end of today I should have my game back up and running WITHOUT the Origin client ever getting involved again and without getting involved with the shady world of torrents or the like to do it.
    aka Jude

My Studio

@Jude525 I actually have half the packs as a physical copy and half purchased through Origin. However, since they changed the layout of Origin it's absolutely impossible for me to find the product keys for the expansion packs. I can only get the one for the base game, which is pretty PLUMPLUMPLUM.
    @Jahnna you can always call customer disservice and ask for your codes. There was a time when the Mac client was messed up and not showing them and they are absolutely needed to install there. The rep asked me why I would need to keep installing the game and I explained that it was because the game wasn't stable if I played with everything on, so I had to install and uninstall packs all the time. They finally got sick of me and e-mailed me a list of all my codes. Ever since I've kept that list safe in a file in my Google drive.

It is too bad that the client doesn't simply show you your codes. But as I said, if you delete the Origin version from your current system and run a disc install it may not ask for they codes. I'm almost done reinstalling everything and it hasn't asked for a code yet. I've gone into the game a few times to verify that it actually is installing a running copy and not just spinning discs.

I did just find this recent article you might want to try.
    aka Jude

My Studio

Well, I'm here again to thank @TrevorJ for their latest gift, the Bouffant Bun! Thank you so much, especially since it's such an expensive one as well! :smiley:

And while not exactly from my top 5 (which has been updated by the way), I think that @creativemetaphor also should have a massive thank you! Three gifts, I feel so special! :blush:
    Don't worry about it ;)
    Thank you @TrevorJ for the gifts! The window allowed me to finish The Monarch Suite, which will in turn allow me to get Palace of Versailles for free next time it comes on DD.

I've updated my Top5.