Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• Options
    JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    Schweighsr wrote: »
    Jahnna wrote: »
    @Schweighsr, thank you so much! I've been after this hairstyle for quite some time to put on one of my sims which is to become a world adventures master! I hope you are a member of "Own the Store"-Club otherwise I wouldn't know to return the favour!

Yes, I've owned the store for quite a while now - and you are more than welcome for the prezzies. I still see the ads when I visit the site, and I figure that I might as well grab-'em-and-gift-'em to those who can't get the ads (or can't get them as often). I hope that you enjoy Midnight Hollow as much as I do - it has become my default world. (My second favorite would be one from "Island Paradise".) And give your puppies a good cuddle from me - My little sweetheart died last year.

Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss! My heart is bleeding when I hear such. :'( My brindle coloured Cassius is "already" 8 years old and just had a minor surgery under full anaesthesia, to remove an extended enormous skin tag that he damaged and that was forming gaping wounds. Even then, I was quite nervous, though it was only a 10 minutes surgery. But they're both still my little babies.

And what you do with the ads is exactly the same thing I plan to do. My goal is to own the store and even after that continue with the ads to help others own the store. At one point I had quite a few simpoints, overall I've probably gotten more than 30,000 simpoints but I have a strict plan what to spend them one, having a list of DDs to work through until Sep/Oct (for now). And with the odd extra simpoints I get these days, I buy others gifts or save up for set/worlds that's not on the DDs. I just wished that Monte Vista and co. would be purchasable with simpoints! I might get lucky and find a cheap reduced copy somewhere.
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
  • Options
    TeaniasTeanias Posts: 2,160 Member
    @Jahnna keep looking at the contest in the forums sometimes someone will do a contest giveaway of a world you can't buy with sim point! Especially around the holidays that are coming up Halloween,Thanksgiving,Christmas ! That is how I got a lot of my worlds both sim point buy able and non buy able also you can get a lot of venues that way!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @Teanias Yeah, that's an idea but I never seem to be lucky to win a contest :lol: There's a lot of people participating, and I gotta be lucky that someone gives away Monte Vista :wink:

EDIT: How does that work anyway? I mean giving a world like that away? Do they just buy it and then hand over the code to register it? I'm mostly after Monte Vista because of the Wood Fire Oven :lol: But I've seen a lot of good feedback that it's a beautiful world.
    Mentioning world, @Schweighsr, I've not yet started a game in Midnight Hollow as I'm currently building a modern/contemporary dormitory but I will for sure explore it soon!
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
  • Options
    HollyL73HollyL73 Posts: 1,452 Member
    @Jahnna, I am looking to get Monte Vista, also. It's one of the few worlds that I don't have and really, really want... mainly for the Wood Fire Oven. LOL... I have been looking online to see if I can find a good sale for it. One day I will find a good one.
  • Options
    HSmith2016 wrote: »
    @Jahnna, I am looking to get Monte Vista, also. It's one of the few worlds that I don't have and really, really want... mainly for the Wood Fire Oven. LOL... I have been looking online to see if I can find a good sale for it. One day I will find a good one.

Me too! If only they'd sell the Wood Fire Oven separately I wouldn't be so desparately after Monte Vista :lol:
    I've seen Monte Vista being sold on Ebay aso for like £4,20/5€/5,50$ but there's always a risk that keys are duplicate and not genuine in the first place. :disappointed:
  • Options
    debbycantydebbycanty Posts: 285 Member
    @GITTE2001 you are more than welcome! And thank you to @debbycanty for the The Big Cheese Coat Rack! You helped me get the discount for the Jazz Age Living Room down to 625 simpoints! You have no wish list, is that right? I can't gift you anything in return. :cookie:

Top 5 are updated.

All good. I own the store :)
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Ohh you guys, Monte Vista is lovely :) I bought the disc with Hidden Springs and Monte Vista and I have a legacy in MV. It's one of my favourite worlds for playing!

Not much for building though. I never seem to get such gorgeous Mediterranean houses, whatever I try. It ends up looking everything but Mediterranean!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    Thank you for the gift, @debbycanty !
  • Options
    LynzSimmerLynzSimmer Posts: 198 Member
    I've been gone forever, anyways I'll try to get back and gift some!! I've been super busy and haven't had time. Happy 5th Anniversary ❤️
    Store Name: ltswiftie13
    Have A Good Day
    Wishlist
    Thank You Page
    Top 5
    Origin ID: LynzSimmer
    Have a good day, and thank you! :)

• Options
    @Jahnna yes when you win they will message you with the code for the world! Some ask that you take a screenshot of your purchase history with the world on it after and email it to them or put the pic in the forum you won it on ! Others you just let them know you got it ok after you use the code and that's it!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @Teanias haha, they could also just go to the sims 3 page look at registered games

EDIT: @XxHannelorexX, thank you so so much for the little lamp and Hidden Springs on top of that! <3 I much appreciate it and can't wait to test the world! You own the store as well, I guess, so I hope my thanks are enough to return the favour!

My top 5 have been updated. :cookie:
    Post edited by Jahnna on
  • Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member

EDIT: @XxHannelorexX, thank you so so much for the little lamp and Hidden Springs on top of that! <3 I much appreciate it and can't wait to test the world! You own the store as well, I guess, so I hope my thanks are enough to return the favour!

You're very welcome :smile:

Yeah, I own the store; I just like hunting for ads to go after wishlists :wink:

Happy simming!
  • Options
    edited August 2016

You're very welcome :smile:

Yeah, I own the store; I just like hunting for ads to go after wishlists :wink:

Happy simming!

That's where I want to be! ;D You too!

BTW, is there any known way to find out how much exactly of the store one owns or what exactly they're missing without going through everything on the store page?
  • Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member

BTW, is there any known way to find out how much exactly of the store one owns or what exactly they're missing without going through everything on the store page?

If there is, I'd love to know it :smile: I say I "own the store" but I'm not sure if that's 100% accurate; I expect I may have missed one or two items along the way.

I believe there have been lists on forum threads with a list of what is supposed to be everything on the store so it is easier to download/reinstall if needed, so it serves as a sort of checklist. Not sure if they're up to date though...
  • Options
    edited August 2016

If there is, I'd love to know it :smile: I say I "own the store" but I'm not sure if that's 100% accurate; I expect I may have missed one or two items along the way.

I believe there have been lists on forum threads with a list of what is supposed to be everything on the store so it is easier to download/reinstall if needed, so it serves as a sort of checklist. Not sure if they're up to date though...

I know, it can be quite difficult to find some items in the store like the little twinzy car (or whatever its called :lol:) or the gas station. I think the most accurate indication would be the "make me an offer"-method because then it would say "you own the store there's nothing to offer"-blah blah. It doesn't work however when you purchased a standard world and the venue/content that would come with the gold only separate, which is stupid but yeah. :confounded:
  • Options
    fabemefabeme Posts: 830 Member
    Thank you @debbycanty for the Cat's Meow Coat :) I Love this collection, can't wait for the next DD ^^

I've updated my Top 5

Have a nice day everyone
    Sims 3 and Origin Username: fabeme
  • Options
    CunninghamCunningham Posts: 1,310 Member

*FAQ* - Haven't been here for a while, I will be back from now on...Thank you to those who sent me those items.
    Updated Thread:
    Link To Wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Robertjameess
    Link To Top-Five: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14528289/#Comment_14528289
    'I'm Just Another Plum Faced Irishman, Am I Not?'
    "Dr Moose's daycare challenge "
    The Sims 3 - Wishlist/Top5
    oGh7KNi.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @HSmith2016 yaay, I managed to find an extremely cheap reduced copy for Monte Vista in a local store! Have you ever tried such places?

Anybody knows if it's still meant to look like this? It doesn't show the little tick-symbol that I own it, but I just downloaded it and on my Sims 3 page it shows as registered/owned. Also, in the history it's marked as "Free".
    Post edited by Jahnna on
  • Options
    Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    Sorry for the lateness @debbycanty but thank you for the Asymmetrical Allessandar Table Lamp :) hoping to farm enough ads to buy the rest of the set before it comes off sale on wednesday ^_^
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @Jahnna once I thought I was close to owning the store I started to put everything I had left to get in my cart and I now use that as my list ! I must have almost everything on that list because the mmao hasn't given me an offer for something that is not already there in the longest time! The great thing about this method is when you get something that is in your cart it automatically removes it from your cart! If I haven't missed anything I have 120 individual items left to get now of those 120 items some of them belong to the last 2 sets I have yet to get !( The Romanza Bridal Party and Le Cirque Celebration) I can even push the button to check out and see how many sim points it would take to get all 120 items which is 8643sp!
    Of course I currently only have 6 sp and the blue box has been hiding or giving me non paying adds lately plus I like giving gifts whenever I get a decent amount of sp so it will probably be a while before I own the store! Like a lot of simmers I plan to keep giving even after I own the store so it will be a long while before you all get rid of me now that I have found this forum!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Teanias wrote: »
    @Jahnna once I thought I was close to owning the store I started to put everything I had left to get in my cart and I now use that as my list ! I must have almost everything on that list because the mmao hasn't given me an offer for something that is not already there in the longest time! The great thing about this method is when you get something that is in your cart it automatically removes it from your cart! If I haven't missed anything I have 120 individual items left to get now of those 120 items some of them belong to the last 2 sets I have yet to get !( The Romanza Bridal Party and Le Cirque Celebration) I can even push the button to check out and see how many sim points it would take to get all 120 items which is 8643sp!

That seems like a fantastic idea! I just thought the cart might reset itself after so long and go empty, like most other places do. 8,000 SP is nothing! With a little dedication you can get that easily!

EDIT: Have you tried cleaning the cookies and the internet cache of your browser as well as trying different browser or changing the location on the Sims 3 website, like from US to UK or Germany?

EDIT2: BTW, in your signature you are using the wrong link for your profile :D Clicking on that sends the person to their own profile. This here is your proper profile link: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/teanias And a question I accidentally tagged you to my Monte Vista post haha, but maybe you can answer my question? When you go to Monte Vista on the Store page, does it show the little orange tick on the right side underneath "Get the Bundle"? It doesn't for me and in my History it is coming up as "Free" but on my sims 3 page its registered and I downloaded it, is that right?
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @Jahnna do clean the cash and technically I use 2 different browsers because I have safari for my I pad and Mozilla Firefox for my computer but I never thought to change the location I thought it would just change the language not actually the location I will have to try that tonight!

Thank you for letting me know about the link!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Teanias wrote: »
    @Jahnna do clean the cash and technically I use 2 different browsers because I have safari for my I pad and Mozilla Firefox for my computer but I never thought to change the location I thought it would just change the language not actually the location I will have to try that tonight!

No it doesn't just change the language. Before the free ads were available worldwide, people like us (UK/Germany for me) had to change the location to US to get the ads to come up and also to be able to download certain free content that was US exclusive like the Toyota Prius Set.

No problem :smiley:

EDIT: Another tip. When I don't get any ads at all coming up on my computer, I ALWAYS get quite a good amount of ads when I use my phone. You can't do the multiple tabs thing, well at least I can't with an Iphone but most of the time you can just skip right to the end of the video and get ready to click on the next one.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I have noticed the same thing but it seems I can't skip to the end anymore and it has started to give me a lot of non paying ones on my iPad! Which is why I was planning on trying to do some add farming on my computer tonight hoping that it switches to working out well on it again! For the past 3 months my computer wasn't having much add luck and just the past week my iPad has become unlucky so maybe my computer will be again! I was getting a good 200sp a night on my iPad but out of the last 20 adds I tried only one paid but that was on my iPad so hopefully if I go back to my computer it will be better again! When it was going really well I could get 1000 a night on my computer then it drop to 500 then 200 then I had to switch to my iPad!
  • Options
    Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    @HSmith2016 yaay, I managed to find an extremely cheap reduced copy for Monte Vista in a local store! Have you ever tried such places?

Anybody knows if it's still meant to look like this? It doesn't show the little tick-symbol that I own it, but I just downloaded it and on my Sims 3 page it shows as registered/owned. Also, in the history it's marked as "Free".

Yes as you haven't bought it from the sim store itself, had the same happen with Barnacle Bay :) I called up about it as well without realising that I had the physical copy in hand :P lol
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3