Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• Options
    renyerookamirenyerookami Posts: 536 Member
    hello everyone, sorry i havent been on lately. i got my wisdom teeth out and it really knocked me down. i hope you all have been well
  • Options
    HollyL73HollyL73 Posts: 1,452 Member
    Thank you @Schweighsr for the Fitted Suit Jacket! :)

I've been doing relatively well with the ads lately. I'm trying to save up so I can get Seeing Stars when it comes up on the DD and also Barrier to Entry is on the sale page this week and I have been wanting that too, plus I want to gift as much as possible, so any and all ads are great! A tip for you, @Sir_Fox, is that once the ads start coming around for you is to open a few tabs at a time and put them on mute so you don't have to listen to them. You can get quite a few SP that way, instead of watching one at a time. I believe that's how most of "farm" points here.

Updating my top 5. Hope you all have a great night!
  • Options
    LoveandhateLoveandhate Posts: 553 Member
    Pandypink wrote: »
    Teanias wrote: »
    Now on my iPad I can only watch one at a time but all of the adds are paying out so I usually can get 100sp or 200 sp a night before the blue box disappears. So now if I save up all week I can do a small gift spree with 800 to 1000 sp this will be my 3rd week like that!
    I'd recommend going on a smart device too. Usually at some point everyday, the ads show boating videos where I can usually watch till I gain about 300 SP. Plus, on a smart device you can just skip to the end of the video and it closes out and gives you points so it doesn't take a lot of time. I know sometimes the computer video time swiper thing doesn't always work. Hopefully I can gain enough Simpoints soon for Sunlight Tides <3

I had no clue there was even an option of using the time swiper and it still paying out. :lol: That shows how much I know. WOW! I'm going to try that now. My favorite is the boating videos, they pay out a ton for me.
    Have a great, blessed day!
    Sims 3 store: ScarlettRing

• Options
    Also guys, I've been noticing that in game, I own things that I haven't bought in the store, or have never been gifted. Such as the soothsayers crystal ball, and the outdoor shower station? I'm not complaining about having them in game, but they don't register as owned in the store, which doesn't give me a CYS discount on sets they are in. Any way to fix this?

• Options
    TeaniasTeanias Posts: 2,160 Member
    @Loveandhate and @Pandypink I had no idea you could skip to the end and still get payed either thanks pandypink for the tip!
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Teanias wrote: »
    @Loveandhate and @Pandypink I had no idea you could skip to the end and still get payed either thanks pandypink for the tip!

For me they didn't always pay out when I skipped.

Also my smarthphone doesn't show any ads either :( iPad did a couple of weeks ago though!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    suicidalcheetossuicidalcheetos Posts: 315 Member
    edited June 2016
    @ The Ad Talk: Through-out my experience with ads there are several things that will affect how many paying/non-paying/amount of ads you get. I'll go ahead and list them, maybe someone will find this useful. I would link a forum post, but I don't know of a thread that lists these.

1. Device: Yes your device can affect how many ads you can get. If you're not getting ads on one computer try switching to another, or a phone, or a tablet. (for whatever reason, maybe you have something installed on your computer that is blocking ads, or maybe your device has been flagged for receiving enough ads for said day/week/month)

2. Region: I get Chesapeake Bay ads and Maryland University ads specifically because I live in Maryland. Where as when I vacationed down in Virginia, I would get a lot of Virginia Beach, Williamsburg, & Busch Garden ads. (You can turn off region tracking on some phones and tablets, so this could very possibly help you get more or fewer ads....haven't tried it myself)

3. Clear your browser history & Flush Dns!!!!!: I can't stress this enough, I've had several occasions where I would get 600sp worth of ads in a day and not get any ads for 2 days after that! The only way I fixed this was I: logged out, cleared browsing history, flushed dns, reset router(optional, didn't need to do this a lot maybe once every month), then I refreshed the store page if I saw an Ad pop up while logged out that's when I would log back in.

How to Flush Dns on windows 8.1:
    *Hold down the windows + x button on your keyboard.
    *Click the option that says command prompt (or command prompt admin if you're the only user on the computer)
    *Type the following command: ipconfig/flushdns
    *Press Enter: should display "successfully flushed dns" or something along those lines.

4. If Ads dry up on common pages go to uncommon pages: I normally don't gather ads on the Store page, or on My Page Goodies*, so when ads dry up on D&D page or Sets page(s) I usually flip over to My Page Goodies* and there's quite a few ads.

5. Use a different browser: Yes this is very rarely an issue. Sometimes people will experience issues with no ads on google chrome, firefox, IE, or Opera from month to month (or week to week). It's good to test out all browsers to see if maybe it's a device issue, or an add-on issue with one of your browsers.

6. Third party cookies, Ad Block, & Protect Mode/Enhanced Protect Mode: In cases of ads.....sadly you wanna turn off: ad block, and turn on: accept third party cookies. (some people forget to do this for many sites, and complain about not receiving points &/or not receiving ads. Disable Protect/Enhanced Protect Mode- Do this at your own risk, for IE these modes don't seem to matter that much when browsing TS3's website, they just conflict with ads spawning, but they "may" matter a great deal in Firefox/Google Chrome/Opera Browsers. If you're using one of those browsers and have those modes turned on, do some research before turning them off....or just switch browsers.

7. The very rare ISP issue: I remember awhile back there were rumors about people with certain ISPs would get less ads than other ISPs. Now this could be a myth, or could be related to problem # 2 which is based on region not necessarily the ISP, I really can't say. I mean if you think it is your ISP you're welcome to tap into a free wifi connection at McDonalds or Starbucks to see if you can get more ads that way.

8. Restart your computer/install important updates (not including Win 10): Lol, sorry I just had to throw this one in there. Some issues are just sooo basic, and I know I'd be kicking myself if I found out that my issues were related to my computer being on too long, and nothing to do with the more complicated things. Why do you think this is the first option suggested to you by an IT guy? xD

TL;DR: Seriously?.....Just read the bolded then! You can get the gist just from that.

Editted: Typo. Meant to type My Page Goodies, instead of My Goodies.
    Post edited by suicidalcheetos on
    These are probably the best resources/threads for beginners.
    Daily Deal Thread - D&D Spreadsheet - The Gifting Directory
    Reinstall Store Stuff: No Repeats or Disappearing - Nraas Mods to Fix Your Game
    ~Ctrl + F to open up search bar for D&D Spreadsheet~
  • Options
    Sir_FoxSir_Fox Posts: 62 Member
    Thanks @charlotteprice for the cocoon crib ^.^ I really appreciate it. <3

Updated my Top 5
  • Options
    Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    Ooh I never knew about flushing the dns :open_mouth:

Thank you to @minimonXI for the 8-Bits of Screaming Awesomeness - I love it and was having a bit of a rubbish morning so it cheered me up :)

Currently trying to do my first ever tax credit thing and it's already stressing me out lol
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
  • Options
    HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    @renyerookami you too? I had one removed last wednesday, rest has to be removed later :(. Hope you feel better soon!
    @Teanias I actually borrowed an iPad, wonder how many ads I will get, hahaha. Keep you posted! Also @suicidalcheetos a few things are new to me, so thanks!
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    I get a lot of ads on my PC, problem is that lately I get ones that say 'no survey available' or I get a lot of Straight Talk ads that never switch over to the button to claim points. And then when I do get points something pops up on the daily deal that I want so I spend all my points. I feel bad not gifting lately but when something is 1/4 of the price it usually is it's so hard to resist :s
  • Options
    Thank you for the gift @Kylieb191 !
  • Options
    Good moning and happy Thursday, everyone! :smiley: Hope you're all having a good day today!

Thank you @Sir_Fox for the Simply Sophisticated Collared Dress! Well on my way to getting the Fifth Avenue Fashions set, just a few more pieces and it will be at a reasonably low price for me. :)

Thank you @suicidalcheetos for listing all those tips for getting ads! I didn't know about flushing the DNS either, so that was a new one for me. I always clean out my cookies and browser history, I do find that works wonders. I also pretty much know which ads are going to pay out and which ones aren't. If they come up and I know they won't pay out, I just refresh the page and try again. Sometimes it's time consuming, but once you figure it out, it's not so bad.

@renyerookami, hope you're healing up and feeling better quickly! Mouth pain is never fun, especially after dental work, I totally get how it would put you down for a bit. Happy to see you back, though! :)

Updated my top 5.
  • Options
    Thank you for the gifts @charlotteprice ! Top 5 updated!
  • Options
    SuppaStarinSuppaStarin Posts: 108 Member
    Thanks to a lot of people I able to update my top 5 :)
  • Options
    Thank you @Kylieb191 for the Mother Russia Striped Gate. :)
  • Options
    TeaniasTeanias Posts: 2,160 Member
    edited June 2016
    @MocaJava I understand completely I just had the same problem I had 600 sp saved for this weeks gifting spree and the seeing stars set came up on the DD and I couldn't pass up the price so now I am down to 29 sp again!
    Post edited by Teanias on
  • Options
    mikawagmikawag Posts: 190 Member
    Hi everyone!

I hope you're all having a great day/week! I'm finally on holidays now! :smiley:
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Thanks @suicidalcheetos for the DNS advice. I actually had no clue about that. I did it, so now let's see those Ads roll in!
    I also didn't know the My Goodies page gave the option for Ads. I usually do DD page, Sale page, Best Sellers, and Wishlist occasionally

• Options
    AriesVePirasAriesVePiras Posts: 104 Member

I hope everyone's week is going well so far. Mine is dragging slightly, bit then my youngest pops up saying something silly, and I remember there are reasons to smile!
    Top 5 updated on my wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=AriesVePiras
  • Options
    Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    edited June 2016
    Thanks @suicidalcheetos for the DNS advice. I actually had no clue about that. I did it, so now let's see those Ads roll in!
    I also didn't know the My Goodies page gave the option for Ads. I usually do DD page, Sale page, Best Sellers, and Wishlist occasionally

go through the list like, worlds, sets (then the sub-sections), etc as well :)

my anxiety and depression has hit me really badly so feel a bit tearful and yet stressed, worried/fearful at the same time but have been waiting most of the day for the man cave compilation to come up so I could hit that green button.

382e2734-d3e3-4fc9-9dfb-6602e903f96a_zpss7t4barg.png
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
  • Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    From my TOP 5!

@Anniemary / @Laynielouxu ( Laynie, Annie and Mary ) thanks for the Glitz & Glamour Fireplace, Le Ecoute Moderne Chess Table and Faux Chrome Chair !!! <3

Beautiful objects. Thanks!!! :)

I have updated my Top 5 list HERE :D
  • Options
    fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    thank you @rednenemon for both party banners!! updating my top 5 now!!
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    @suicidalcheetos sadly I've tried it all and I have to come to conclusion it's probably my region :/ I recently moved and haven't had much ads eversince. I used to live near an important city for the place where I live, now it's kind of middle of nowhere :# but! Beautiful middle of nowhere :)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory